The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

August's Sizzling Scents

Good Morning, CandleFinders!

[smilie=th_hello]

It's a beautiful morning in the PanHandle of FL, but I hear rumblings of a tropical storm (Isaac) from people

[smilie=th_butbutbut]

we've had so much rain already, we mow the lawn twice a week

[smilie=th_cha40]

Anyway . . . started the day with Gain Laundry by Sniff My Tarts (are they still around?) in my melters, and BAM [smilie=th_yahoo] a total exgravaGAINza! I was driving my son to school and I realized I could smell it in my car! I guess the molecules permeated my clothes, but man - I use Gain on my laundry and my clothes don't smell that good! Wowie! I'm planning to bake some banana bread in a little while, I hope it doesn't clash, those are some strong tarties!

great-day.gif

Morning, friends! :)

For cleaning house today...

LSC Raspberry Mint Tea

Homemade Lemon Sugar Fresh Type

LSC Sugar Kisses

LSC Strawberry Corn Muffins

Homemade Dragon's Blood

Gotta have it smelling super good in here to keep me motivated. [smilie=th_happy]

Have a good day!

Hi good morning

not melting anything as I am at work.

Just questions for those who melts LCS, do you melt entire tar or only half/quarters? So far I do not find them strong but I melted quarters and halfs. Wonder if they got to cure.

Just questions for those who melts LCS, do you melt entire tar or only half/quarters? So far I do not find them strong but I melted quarters and halfs. Wonder if they got to cure.

Hi DesertRose...I melt the entire tart from LSC...I know she recently posted on FB about that exact question... [smilie=th_76d65c2f] ...and she said to get the best throw...put the whole tart in! HTH :)

Tart still going from last night...nice and strong!! ;)

Thanks to those of you who commented on my upcoming move. It'll be a big change, and we're excited.

I'm melting SH Strawberry Shortcake.

This afternoon it is Scentsationals My Mom is My Best Friend (Vanilla Cupcake) and my BH&G Warm Vanilla Cream pillar.

I am slightly uneasy as we are still bone dry and hot and a strong wind is blowing and as I just now came home from town I could see smoke in the distance--not good.

While digging in a closet I found a brand new Paula Deen Pumpkin Pie candle from last year ( I think I used it for a Thanksgiving decoration) so I lit it and added it to the mix.

Found out that the smoke we are smelling is a 300 acre wildfire east of the highway we live on. The thing that is saving us is a river between us and it. It is really smelling strong and the wind is blowing hard. Not a good day for firefighters and property owners around here. I guess there is another fire southwest of town that is endangering barns and hay. This first one has houses at risk. Awful...

Oh my goodness Trep...stay safe and I hope and pray that the damage is kept at a minimum. Very frightening!!!

My VDC order arrived and I plopped in Victorian Cheesecake...this one was swapped out for a different scent that I chose...and I think Victoria did a wonderful job with the choice!! I don't know what it is but it's delectable!!! :)

Laurie - I hope old Isaac fizzles out and doesn't bother U. Wouldn't ya know....my sis is on vacay in your area thru next Wednesday. :huh:

Trep - Keep safe from those fires. Glad U have a river nearby - that sounds like it should help protect U.

I'm melting Hickory Ridge Prim's Pumpkin Apple Butter from a CF friend. [smilie=th_76d65c2f] Really impressed with this - smells wonderful! [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Trep, I hope the fires are contained soon. That's scary. :mellow:

From my swap box I'm melting Laura's Lemon Loaf from McCall's. ^_^

Good evening

Melting CFTKR lavender linen

angels made scents-flowering dogwood

Angels made scents-Tribal nights

Oils BBW-fresh bamboo mixed with Cherry Blossoms.

GOOD MORNING and HAPPY FRIDAY!!

[smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

I know that emoti is kinda perky for 6:30, but at 4:15 when the clock went off, I looked like this:

[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

LOL

Today the Gain from Sniff My Tarts still had a little life left, so I moved them into the bathrooms.

Starting the day with:

A Day at the Beach by Sweet Fixations

Beach Bum by Bliss Tarts

and

Monkey Burps by CHC

All of the above were in a RAOW I received from a very caring CF buddie

[smilie=thank_you] so much!

I was very touched by her kindness, it made me feel special

[smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Off to the Pub this morning (grocery store-Publix lol)

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE