The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

August's Heat Wave of Wax

Hurricane Hijack ahead! :ph34r:

I'm baaaaaack! :lol: Lost power at 11:38am Sunday according to the stove clock, and it came back on a little over an hour ago. SO RELIEVED! The storm was pretty hairy around 2am Sunday - heavy wind! I slept in, turned over and switched by bedside lamp on at 10:30 - surprised it was still on. Fell back asleep :lol:

I had a fair amount of ice in the freezer, so I loaded the coolers. Held up pretty well overnight. I went to my brother's this afternoon, and he got his power back at 1am yesterday (Monday). He had a 5lb. bag of ice left over, so I parceled it out in the coolers. Set off for more ice and there was none to be found. Decided to make a last ditch trip to Walmart (thought there would be NO way they'd have it since that town has 90% without power), and shazaam - they'd just finished loaded their ice chests - YAY! Grabbed a 20lb. bag, did a little shopping and came home to sit in the darkness once again.

A bucket truck and a pickup showed up at the transfer station across from my complex around 10. The bucket truck took off, but the pickup stayed. Neighbors ran out and asked what was up - he said sometime tomorrow. OK - I can take one more night :lol: He stayed there for hours. I had just finished brushing my teeth when I heard my fridge start up. I nearly did a cartwheel down the stairs :lol: Waiting for the hot water heaters to do their thing and I'm taking the shower of all showers, believe me!!

My Dad got his power back around 7pm, and my sister is still out as far as I know - about 20k people out in her town :( I'm gonna take two Advil PM after my shower, and I'm hitting the sheets!

I used my tealight melters twice, and man, did I miss my electrics! SO much stronger even though I stacked the tealights.

Sunday night was Orchid Lake Pink Cherry Bubble Gum

Tonite was LOL 32 degrees

Almost forgot! I got my LOL order from late July today - turned my frown upside down, I tell ya [smilie=th_laughing]

Great to be back, and glad to see Michele and Maggie made out ok. Maggie - I hope everything works out with your yucky wallpaper and basement! Hugs for ya! :wub:

mug.gif Good Morning

This morning I am melting French Vanilla Pound Cake from CFTKR...delish

Sheila, so glad you got your power back...being without is so not fun.

Have a great day everyone 1901765j8di9rrqyl.gif

Good morning today i have pumpkin apple butter going in the kitchen and living room from delightful incense, snuggle baby in the laundry room from candle scent from heaven and zucchini almond cake from shazy in the bedroom.

Glad your power is back and everyone is ok

Have a great day all. [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Glad everyone came through the storm all right. :)

This morning I'm melting TCC Candy Corned Zucchini Bread.

Maggie, so sorry to hear about your home. Good thing you can enjoy your candles during clean-up! Sheila, good to know your power is back on. Michele, having no problems is a relief!

Here's a summary of my storm story:

-Stocked up on food, water, and other essentials early in the week last week.

-Friday I went out in search of a battery-powered radio. It took me 3 hours and 7 stops at different places to find one. I felt like I had won the lottery. DH and I were stressed out that day. He got off early from work and we relaxed with some friends that evening.

-Saturday was Irene Day. We stayed inside all day, watching and waiting for the power to go out. It didn't go out until 9 PM -- we had started to hope we wouldn't lose power, but we did.

-Sunday the storm was over. We did power outage things like playing games. Found internet at a bookstore. Most of the power in our whole town was out, except in a select few places.

-Monday DH didn't have to work, so we went to a theme park that we have seasonal passes for, and rode rollercoasters. It's a tough life, I tell ya. Still no power. In the evening we went to DH's work to charge devices and get an internet fix.

This morning I woke up around 4 and thought it looked lighter outside. Turned a really bright bedside lamp on (DH was not a fan, the light was right on his face) and it turned on! Huzzah!

Now I am melting LSC Hansel & Gretel and Nene's Honeysuckle. My large YC jars with illuma-lids helped during those dark, powerless evenings, and the jars/lids make them safe enough even with the kitties around. Kitties still doing fine.

Sheila and Christy~ [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr Horray...for your power finally coming on!!! I can't believe you lost it since Sunday morning...that really stinks! :( But I am glad you guys made it out ok! [smilie=group_hug] See...our addiction to candles worked out so well for us! ;)

This morning it's:

Lilacs & Clover from OH Soy Sweet upstairs

Lady in Red from Haley's downstairs... [smilie=cloud_9] strong is delicious!

Kim's "Snickerdoodle" is finally dying down. I melted it all night and the scent filled the whole house. It isn't heavy on the cinnamon, but it is a nice brown sugar cookie scent.

I am about to put on LSC "Strawberry Cheesecake". A favorite of mine, but I was trying to save the last few of these cups that are in my stash. Unfortunately, the cups are getting squishy, so I'm going to have to melt them soon. I hate that her cups are doing this. The FO isn't leaking, so I don't know what is causing the cups to get soft.

Things are finally getting back to normal around here. Everything has been put back into its place and looking as it did pre Irene.

Melting LOL Pearnilla and LOL Vanilla Lace and Pearls (this is a remelt so I will be switching it out soon)

This afternoon, I'm melting CFTKR Pumpkin Marshmallow. It's a bit light compared to Carol's other scents and smells similar to CFTKR Pumpkin Cream Cheese Roll. Or at least it does to my nose.

EDIT: Haha, I may have spoken too soon. The scent is getting really strong now, but still reminds me of Pumkpin Cream Cheese Roll - which I love. :)

I've been out at the dog agility training yard all day, so just got in and started up Haley's Coconut Hibiscus. It's so deliciously grand! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Sheila and Christy, thanks a bunch for the updates! I'm glad everybody survived it okay and your power's back on.

Michele, getting back to normal sounds like a marvelously satisfying thing!

Take care, everybody!

Gail

Sheila & Christy - so glad to hear from you and that your news was good! [smilie=th_dancing_smile] This hurricane stuff is too stressful...and I'm nowhere near the coast like some of U peeps. [smilie=th_roll] 'Course I don't consider VT close to the coast either, and look at the horrible damage they had. [smilie=th_cha66]

I'm melting FP's Mexican Fried Ice Cream. I looked it out after Puppy's rave....and you're right Puppy...it's scrumptious! [smilie=th_c61]

Our newphew and his GF left this morning. It was sure nice having them here. The plane ride over the Grand Canyon was truly breath taking! I've been busy catching up on laundry today while enjoying Pink Sugared Cookie from Crabby Candle.

This evening is CFTKR Caramel Apple Pie. An apple scent I can deal with - it's smells yummy and fresh at the same time.

I am melting some oldies tonight-AMS Caribbean and GHBT Beach Baby. These are still very strong. I switched out my AMS Mexican Fried Ice Cream. Unfortunately this did not throw as well as I remembered. I will have to try Front Porch's version after the raves as I love this scent. I am also burning YC Pineapple Cilantro which I am enjoying more than I thought. I have a large container of older scents that I would love to get through. Unfortunately I don't see that happening soon. I will try melting these at night.

Mpfand, that plane ride over the GC sounds wonderful!!! :)

Tonight it's:

Blackberry Zucchini Bread from Sugar & Spice...amazing.

Strawberry Zucchini Bread from Shady Mountian...terrific.

Raspberry Jelly Cake Doughnut from Fragrant Memories...delicious.

Smells like a bakery in here... [smilie=th_00000020]

Have a good one. :)

Hey there CF peeps! bunnyearsmiley.gif

Settling in for the evening...

McCall's jar in the scent Autumn Leaves ~ big favorite

Slatkin jar in the scent Autumn Apple ~ love it

Yoder Candle jar in the scent Back Porch ~ comforting scent

Swan Creek votive in the scent Caramel Apple ~ delightful

All of these are mixing so nicely together and with the fresh air coming in the open windows.

Gail, another Coconut Hibiscus fan here! 1.gif

sweet, adding Mexican Fried Ice Cream to my wish list from FP...I've been wanting to place an order. I tried them a few years ago and really enjoyed them.

mpfand, so glad to hear that you enjoyed your tour of the Grand Canyon...it is truly beautiful and nothing like it anywhere.

Okay gals, I am off...sleep9fh6.gif

Evening' all!

I am melting BH&G Cherry Blossom.

I am so glad you easterners - (that is a word, right? :mellow: ) - are back with power.

It has gotten cold again out here - August and barely 70 degrees...this has been quite a summer, hasn't it?

Ilove - I really, really love finding GW bargains like that! Congrats on the score!

Thanks Debra,it doesn't happen that often with goodwill. Normally ours are crazy priced,but .99cents for a medium jar?ok, I'll take it,thank you very much. Normally I see walmart candles for the same price as in the store.lol So someone must not have really noticed the brand.. hehe