The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

August's Heat Wave of Wax

Michele - were your parents in an area called to evacuate?

They are not in a mandatory evacuation zone but they are elderly and felt safer being with us.

I am not far from the water here since I live on an island but much more inland than at the Jersey shore. I cannot see the water from my house but there I am 4 houses from the beach.

[smilie=group_hug]

Hope all are safe this evening.

Hot hot hot here, A/C is still running at 9 pm. ugh

Just a couple of tarts going here - I finished one from CFTKR which I didn't get the name of and the wrapper got thrown out, some kind of laundry scent I think.

After that, I melted Sea Kelp from Albisa (contest tart) and it's still going - I like it!

Blue Sugar from OMG is in my bedroom for the second night in a row.

Tomorrow, hopefully I will get caught up with the melters.

DH & I are working on a makeover for DS room. Repainting his furniture right now, walls next, and then carpet should be in by next weekend.

My little guy is growing up!

Gotta find him a kewl melter for his room.

;)

Good night to everyone - enjoy the weekend.

Finally settling in for the evening...busy day for us here.

I have one candle burning...McCall's Autumn Leaves...I am ready for fall...lol.

I've also had a melter going upstairs all day...TDC Seasoned Sage...love this scent...herbal and fresh and a little "mysterious"...TDC sure has some unique scents. MElove.gif

I wanted to light my candle from Scentsible Scents, but haven't taken p0rn pics yet, so I will wait until I do so before I light Sweet Annie. I will update and let you all know how the candle burns.

Maggie, Apple Pie a la mode sounds heavenly...both in tart form and the real thing!!!! Can't wait to bake my apple pies this fall.

sweet, love Slatkin's Leaves too...screams fall to me.

I am still praying that those in Irene's path don't suffer too much damage or power outages. I heard Virginia is getting pounded. Please stay safe candle friends and your families too.

Okay, getting ready to fold one load of laundry and head off to bed. DS#1 has karate testing tomorrow morning. He is not testing for a belt this time, but is testing for sparring, weapons and self defense tactics.

Have a nice evening everyone bf-goodnightfackelsmiley.gif

Those of you who are in the path of the storm have been in my thoughts all day. This is one case in which I will watch the news.

Melting Butter Pecan from Crabby Candle.

Hope everyone is safe this evening. Tonight's scents are:

Tarts

Wildberry Parfait-OMG Candles

Autumn Wreath-YC

Candles

Autumn Wreath-YC

Autumn Leaves-YC

Autumn Fruit-YC

Good late evening from blustery, rainy RI! Fingers crossed for all in Irene's path!!

So far so good, but it's super early in the hurricane. Rain/wind bands are coming and going - we're in one right now - nothing crazy. My apt. is buttoned up tight, I got all of my food prep done, gallon ziplocks full of water are in the freezer, and I just want it to be over with :lol: I'm glad the meat of it will be during daylight up here - scarier at night for sure!

I have two dozen tealights and that'll have to do until I can get my electrics going again :lol:

Got my melts going late as I was scurrying around getting ready:

Cheryl's Violet and Birch in the living room - always been a big fave!

Soy Breeze Brown Sugar and Fig in the bathroom

TDC Frankincense and Myrrh in the bedroom.

If I lose power, I'll swing by as soon as I'm back on the grid. Should I stay hooked up, I'll be by late tomorrow night - they say it'll be pushed out around 11pm. I'll be fine - I've been through them before and won't do anything stupid like go outside :lol:

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone!! :wub:

Good luck through the storm. Most important tip I can give to get through a big one - be prepared and stay calm. You've got the prep down and I don't doubt that anything that comes up you can handle with ease.

And I'm absolutely sure you will have enough candles :lol:

After a few days of miserable weather it's a beautiful day here (feels like we're getting a sneak peak of spring) so it's French Pear on the burner today.

This morning remelting S&S Toffee Pudding Cake. Hope everyone in the storm's path stays safe.

Good morn everyone. This is what I have been melting burning this last week. blue violets, crosscreek. forbidden fruit, k's kreations. star fruit & orange by yc. spring berry bonanza by lol. Finish up my apple jack peel candle.

Recent melts:

EW - Magnolia

LSC - White Nectarine Pink Coral, Honey Vanilla Love Dust

ScentSationals - black raspberry vanilla

Recent candle:

Slatkin - Sweet Pea Forever

MVP - Maple Syrup

Currently melting:

LOL - Dole Whip

Burning:

MVP - Maple Syrup

Haley's - Apple Orchard

Good afternoon CF friends...seems a bit unfair to say this, with all of the wind and rain Irene is bringing, but our weather here in Michigan has been positively glorious. I can tell fall is getting near as the sun doesn't feel quite as warm as it does in July and the air has a slight crispness to it.

Been enjoying the AMS Harvest Spice and just started another melter with Crosscreeks Pumpkin Zucchini Pie. The two smell very nice together.

I am going to post my Scentsible Scents p0rn in a few minutes...stay tuned.

I can tell fall is getting near as the sun doesn't feel quite as warm as it does in July and the air has a slight crispness to it.

Aria - I can feel fall coming, too. [smilie=th_clap1] Especially at night - it just feels different. With the exception of 1 stormy night, I haven't had to have my ceiling fan on for the last 2 weeks. It's supposed to get into the high 80's towards the end of the week, but at least the evenings will still be cooler. SS p0rn coming? [smilie=th_c61] Sure wish they had individual tarts instead of having to purchase a 4 pk. [smilie=th_sign0164]

I've changed to CFTKR Apple Indian Bread. Luv this scent! [smilie=th_cc15] To me, it smells like it's got a touch of 'harvest' to it.

I just put on a chunk of brittle from Backroad Hobbies. The scent is called 'Christmas Wish', and I kind of like it year-round. Pine trees and vanilla cookies, yum!

:hello: It doesn't seem like fall around here. Today's high is 104 and on my courtyard right now it's 128 degrees - too hot even for me, the heat freak. [smilie=th_biggestgrin] I was taking care of my 3 DGD's starting about 4AM this morning. I thought they'd be fast asleep when I arrived at their house, but everyone was up and ready for fun. We had a lovely picnic breakfast outside on the front lawn as we watched the sun come up over the hill, then we grabbed the dog and went for a neighborhood walk. Ah, the simple pleasures are surely the best! [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

Anyway, down to wax business. [smilie=th_sml29] I'm melting FP Red Berry Blast. It's just getting started but it beginning to smell delicious!

Gail

Hi no fall temps around here its 107 right now and going to be in the 100+ for the next 5 days at least.

melting iced lemon cookies from wahms and it smells so good makes me want a big slice of lemon meringue pie.

Puppy & TJ'sMom - Yikes! Still over 100 degrees for U??? :shock: When does it typically start cooling down 4 U?

I've was taking care of my 3 DGD's starting about 4AM this morning. I thought they'd be fast asleep when I arrived at their house, but everyone was up and ready for fun. We had a lovely picnic breakfast outside on the front lawn as we watched the sun come up over the hill, then we grabbed the dog and went for a neighborhood walk. Ah, the simple pleasures are surely the best!

[smilie=th_sSig_what] were your DGD's doing up at 4AM?? I sure hope it was cuz they were excited U were coming and they're not up then all the time (for their parents sake! :lol: ) Your morning sounds ideal - that'll be a memory they'll have for a long time. :wub:

No word from the east coast gals....am wondering if communications are down in their area. I'm thinking of U all. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Have put on LOL's Green Apple Caramel Crunch and it's delicious! [smilie=th_Drglar] Winner winner chicken dinner! [smilie=th_e3301ae2]

themoticon-MarshmallowRoasting.gif Hello everyone...getting settled for the evening here...the boys have a buddy spending the night and they are playing video games...what else do boys do? Actually, they did just come in from playing basketball. I just came in from a nice walk...the sunset was gorgeous this evening...the sky is pink.

So I am burning my new candle from Scentsible Scents...Sweet Annie...loving it a lot...great throw and smells just like the herbal scent of sweet annie. Also have one of their votives burning ~ Days of Olde...and it's also throwing great especially for a votive. It's a mixture of allspice and anise...love it. Both candles are burning nicely...some slight mushrooming of the wicks, but nice melt pools and no soot. edd7555606577aebb5898ecf40be036c.gif Someone in our neighborhood has a bonfire going...we have the windows open and the smokey scent of the fire is mixing great with my candles.

Sweet, I am loving the cool evenings...heavenly. Best part about summer ending is the nice cool air drifting in through open windows while the sun sets. cloud9.gif I'm making a note to check out Apple Indian Bread...Carol's apple scents are so wonderful especially in the fall.

Gail, can't believe it is so hot over there!!! OMG! Stay cool dear friend...fall is a comin'! 86724.gif

TJ's, wondering what part of the country you are in ....Texas maybe?

Hoping we hear soon from some of our missing friends....Michelle,LLVV, Maggie, Sheila...ladies....are you out there? Tweet.gif

Okay, I am off...have a great evening...mrsandman.gif

It will be summer here well into September, even in the evenings it's still warm and muggy. This evening is no exception, but I'm burning S&S Ghost Crunch candle and dreaming of cooler weather. Once it hits the house won't really warm up until April again, but at least it will be nice to do things outdoors. :)

Hi All-

We survived Irene here in NY. I had no problems here. We did not lose power and no flooding in the house.

Tomorrow we will be heading down the beach to inspect everything. It is DH's vacation week so hopefully we will not have many problems to deal with. Fortunately preliminary reports say that it was not as bad as expected and damage to the area is minimal. We heard tonight that our boat looks like it survived even though the water rose over the dock. We shall see tomorrow.

Thank you everybody for all the well wishes!!

I did not get a chance to melt this weekend. My parents stayed with us and my dad has a problem with the scents.

Hopefully tomorrow brings good news! Good Night!