The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

debra99

Happy New Year with Scents of Good Cheer!

Night friends...

Its been a day full of excitement as me and all the kids are sooo excited for some snow..doing the snow dance in hopes it changes from rain to snow!!

Stardust, I wanted so much to like Frosty, but my nose and chocolate just don't agree!! Darn!!!

Aria, OMG I soooo love Ocean Salt..have a huge tub of it and I treasure every scoop [smilie=th_thConfus_55] Its incredibly good!! We would have a great big blast gf..I love that place and its sooo easy to spend big $$ in there too!! I have to use great restraint!! They are most generous on their samples, I even requested some samples and they sweetly gave bunches!!

Gail, so sorry you don't like the Lush goodness...OMG its sinful its so good!! I totally agree with you on the Haleys Hansel and Gretel..its wonderful!!

Joan, I had some good luck tonight with a new Slatkin candle I picked up..called Leaves..its a wonderful scent and having good luck with the wicks too...and it was on sale for 50% off...I need MORE..LOL!!

Off to bed I go..hoping I wake up to lots of white stuff on the ground..I am worse than the kids [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

good evening, all.

Sweet-=had to snicker out loud at the dentist comment; not sure which end I would prefer each month but I know all the while I am sitting in the dentist chair, my toes are curled I am so nervous. Oh, I dislike it too.

melted LSC Fairy Garden and CFTKR berry current noel. Love this noel blend; reminds me of something but can't put my finger on it. I'm thinking it is either the raspberry part of the tootsie pop, or the charm blow pop. remember those? Fairy Garden is grapey w/other stuff. Not all that fond of grape but I know one thing...it packs a punch, overtook the 2 melters w/the berry noel, and it was in the back of the apt in the bedroom! went out this afternoon and as I approached the apt. door, I could smell it thru the door. Honestly, I had to turn it off this eve so I could melt something out here in the living room. It is off and I am still smelling it. CFTKR pecan maple flapjacks in 2 melters and I am surprised how light this smells to my nose; but it is mixed w/the lingering fairy garden. smells good enough to eat though and I am now hungry for some kind of gooey bakery. not picking up much of the maple in it. I think I need to go stick my head in a coffee can. :)

have a good eve, all. Lady...that luna bleu orange/cocomilk sounds wonderful.

I was just going to say that, Susan - that scent sounds like a very interesting and unusual one.

I have YC Ocean Blossom melting.

I am making a goodie bag of tarts for a friend that has only tried YC, UH oh, she has no idea what is ahead!

Yep...lady, that Blood Orange Cocomilk sounds yummy! Whatcha think?

Finally, a day off! :)

Melting:

Blackberry Musk from Kountry Lights

Blackberry Dessert Crepes from Blue Gecko

Good Morning! Burning a candle from Colonial Candle in Cinnamon Sugar Cookie it has a great throw. Also melting from Swan Creek Mulled Holiday Spice, this one gets stronger the longer it goes, it's on the second tealight.

Depending on interpretation either tonight is Twelfth Night - or last night was - in either case, I'm tossing my last tree-shaped Christmas tart from Crosscreek on the burner and waving goodbye 'til next year. It's scented in Christmas Wish.

Right now I'm still enjoying the remains of Crosscreek's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. I woke up thinking someone was baking cookies! That thing is crazy (in a very good way).

[smilie=th_blij51]

I am spending part of my day organizing all my tarts. I am going to pack the Christmas and Fall tarts away for the season. If I organize them maybe I will have a better idea of what I have. It is a bit overwhelming as you always have more than you realize.

This morning I am melting AMS Blueberry Zucchini Bread in 3 melters. This smells so good! Overnight melt was Bella's Vanilla Bread Pudding.

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Howdy friends!

Busymom, any snow? ITA about Slatkin Leaves. [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Maggie, enjoy your day off! [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy]

I'm melting Haley's Goody Goody Gum Drops. Quite nice but I'm surprised that it's not a better thrower. [smilie=th_shocked_sick_big] I'm still auditioning all these Haley scents in preparation for her sale next week. I wanna new candle or two. Maybe three. Her 10 oz. apothecaries are the best!

Have a happy, buddies!

Gail

I'm melting "Neptune's Oasis" from CBV in a 35wt. mini crock pot. It seems to be giving a good throw in my living area, which I have been having problems getting a good throw in. I was using a candle warmer and melting the tart in a jar, but this seems much better. (higher heat too I think)

DSC07195.jpg

wow, when I went to snap a photo, I realized the melt isn't even melted yet! I guess wattage does matter! lol

I'm still nursing my Jasmine Sea Mist from Nene's in my bedroom. Soy Vey (Grazia) Cheyenne Summer is in the bathroom.

Have a great day, everyone!

[smilie=group_hug]

LAURIE

Thank you for all of the well wishes. The dentist went fine, The hardest part was sitting in the chair 2 1/2 hours, numerous impresions and also holding my mouth open for so long. It will be worth it in the end. I am melting from Carol-Cedar and Spice. I think this is a discontinued scent but I sure do love it. It seems much colder here today and I think we may get a little snow tomorrow. I guess it is January , but I can't wait to see my little flowers poking through the mulch. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr Heading to my massage guy in a bit, so y'all have a great afternoon.

putercatf.gif Good afternoon buddies...

First time I am able to check in today. I was cleaning like a madwoman all morning....I just kept going and going and going. Like the energizer bunny! Feel better because all the Christmas stuff is put away and I have everything back the way I like it. I dusted, mopped floors, vacuumed and straightened up like crazy!!!! I even found a lost remote to our DVD player. So glad it's done. thenx.gif The house looks great (until the boys get home from school...lol.)

I've had the same tart going all day....Key Lime Pie from the infamous Carol...this was a freebie and I am going to order more. Love it. Such a nice change from what I've been melting.

candlelove, I was preparing to do a little tart organization too. Great minds think alike! Think I'll let it wait until this evening or perhaps even tomorrow. I am pooped now and just want to relax and enjoy the quiet house for a bit.

Busy, omg.gif Ocean Salt is the BOMB! Do you like the scent of it? I love the scent! Smells like a mix of lime and salty ocean air to me. Makes my skin oh-so-soft too. ITA about chocolate scents...my nose can't handle them either. Did you get your snow gf? glomp4.gif

katz, glad the dentist visit went well. rose.gif I think spring will be here before we know it.

Stardust, are you talking about the Epiphany? That is today...Jan 6. Is that Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough tart really chocolate-y??

Susan, I got my first order from LSC today and can't wait to try them...(see rave in Daily Package Report thread...lol)

Okay, I hope I didn't miss anyone....hugs to you, all my CF buddies. thkittyhug-1.gif Off to make a fresh pot of coffee...relax for a bit and finish reading a book that is due back at the library tomorrow.

Hi! I started the day with the last bit of Slatkin Winter candle and now have Spiced Apple in the melter. It's a Better Homes and Garden tart I bought at Walmart and it's very good.

I placed two new orders today from etailers I never tired before. Can't wait for them to get here.

hi ladies!

today's melt is Pink Peppermint Bark from Crosscreek...and also burning 'Tis the Season from Slatkin

Busymom, that Leaves candle is a great one! smells divine...hope you dont' have any wick issues..mine seem to be doing great, burning wonderfully, and super strong, too

good afternoon, all. first time checking in today. early morning chat on the phone w/one of my work buddies(gosh I miss my work friends..we all miss each other and can't wait to see each other next week @orientation. (nurses really do have a sisterhood, i tell ya). went for a long walk with the boys and came home to my Haley's package at the door. :) laundry in the dryer but am taking a break.

recent melts: CFTKR-winter spice. Loved this on cold sniff but something in it didn't agree w/my nose on melting. Twilight in the br, snowfall or snowflake or something like that in the bath. gosh, I am so terrible w/remembering names.

put on LSC cinnamon buns w/buttercream frosting before I ran out to get a few groceries because I didn't want to come home to the smell of that winter spice. aah, of course...i forgot I had a p;ackage coming from haley's because this will probably be an all day/eve melt.

re: fairy garden-I am not fond of grape. grape is the main note but then there is other stuff in there. I honestly swear it penetrated into my sinuses because that is all I smelled and i could have sworn I smelled it on myself when I went out today for a walk and i had bathed/shampooed. LOL must have been on my coat. I remember someone ordered it for their daughter and I think it is a great girl scent, really. Just not for me.

that blackberry musk sounds intriguing.

i LOVE Slatkin Leaves. ironically, was the only Slatkin that has tunneled on me. also have it in the EVO. I loved 'Autumn' new this year. oh golly, that is incredible too.

I also love Carol's keylime pie and love it in the spring when i'm getting tired of the winter bakeries. refreshing.

I came, i saw, I blabbed...per usual.

Good afternoon everyone. Melts for the day include-

Country Home-Chestnuts and brown sugar

Kristen's-Blueberry Cobbler

Candledippers-Heather and hyacinth

Trep-

I did check out the HL website and noticed that I can still pick my order up from her if I choose, but without her cute little shop it's probably not the same. Thanks for the heads up!

Hope you are all having a great day and a wonderful evening!

Maureen and stardustgirl- you guys are too funny with the mix up talk about Mac cosmetics and Mac the computer. [smilie=th_giggle] Maureen i do like Mac Cosmetics but dont normally buy from it often as its kinda expensive for me. I do sometime splurge once in awhile there. I like there eyeshadows and eyeshadow brushes. There eyeshadows are so pigmented when putting on. Love that. I also like to see there holiday exclusive limited edition gift sets every year. Its interesting and fun to see what they come up with every year but didnt like there holiday edition this year though..

Nautilique- all the talk about Nene makes me wana place an order with her. I havent place an order with her for awhile now and i think its time. Hehehe.

[smilie=th_blij81] My LOL 3 layer candle came in yesterday and to my surprise and it got me all excited, she was more than generous with the freebies which was in a cute lil bag wrapped with curly ribbons. I got it in Watermelon Margarita, Dreamsicle Cake and Mango Papaya. Looking forward in burning it later tonight.

Recent melts:

FM Passion Fruit- this scent is nice but i notice with my recent order, the scents are not as strong as my last order. <_<

CFTKR Cherry Pie

CFTKR Gingerbread Village- Now im not a bakery scent fan but since this was a freebie i decided to try it out and to my surprise, its actually not bad. Its not too spicey and cinnamon-y as i expect it to be which i wouldnt like. Its more a mellow gingerbread scent and has a nice comforting bakery aroma in the room. Not bad. :)

Susan, thanks for your take on Fairy Garden. I've got that one coming so went back and read the description. Grape, eh? I really like grape, so hopefully it'll be a winner for me. Sorry it's not a fave of yours though. Your last line is hilarious! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] I personally love your blabs. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Melting something a little different, at least for me. Haley's Ginger Peach. Oh boy, I'm lovin' this one! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

Gail

Cat--at least you would save the shipping charges if you were going to be down this way anyway--good luck.

I have been shopping most of the day--got some good Yankee candles on sale--got a set of 3 large jars with my coupon for $20--now that is a bargain in my book. Had a great time. It has been a wonderful weather day here--sunny and 51 which is great for January in MO. Have a great night all. Oh yes, at a Hallmark store I picked up the new Yankee quick scent candles that are like the little Glade ones they have--where you have a holder and set a little round candle in--light it and they last for 3 hrs. I had some Glade ones years ago but they didn't have a lot of scents that I liked but being a Yankee fan I decided to try these. I got the holder with the Lilac candles and then packages of refills in Strawberry Buttercream, Lilac Blossoms and Macintosh. Can't wait to try them. They will be great for when I am away from home and unable to devote long hours of burn time.

Aria - it's more like "epiphany eve" , I think:

Twelfth Night

There are a number of tree-burning ceremonies on Jan. 6th, which may be where I got confused. I guess I should've melted it last night. Oops!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is a bit chocolatey but also cookie-ish. It's very true to the scent of fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies in the oven. Bonus points for it being strong AND long lasting. I'm definitely getting more.

Christmas Wish does pack a punch! It may last longer than my mood for it, so I think a Java Twist may be in order. It's been a Crosscreek day here.

Burning - YC Eggnog 3-wick

Lady - I didn't even know YC had a 3 wick. [smilie=th_pardon] Whatcha think of it? [smilie=th_235F35F32]

I'm melting CFTKR's Green Apple & Cinnamon. Yummers...not heavy on the cinnamon, lots of green apple! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Gail~ thanks for the heads up on the Haley's sale...can NOT wait to order.

Laurie~ Love your signiture! I have that in a magnet on my car. :)

Kim ~ Glad all went well at the dentist and hope you enjoyed your massage.

Aria~ I had the same day as you! I spent the day putting all my Christmas decorations away and cleaning!! Not fun but the results are [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

Still melting the same blackberry tarts since they are still strong...add my 3 layer LOL candle which is right in the middle of Vanilla Crack and 32 Degrees.

For the evening I threw on Frankly, my dear Watson-Scentsy

Have a great night everyone, I am playing with my new laptop-neatest new thing I have. This thing has face recognition and everything! Too cool! Now the kids can't even open my pc without me! [smilie=th_5337c1ad]

Ha! Ha! Love it!

New laptop = COOL!

I'm burning Slatkin's Frosted Cranberry. Scent and throw can be so changeable. I used to think this candle didn't throw very well. For some reason, every time I burn it, it gets betta and betta. It's in the opposite end of the house at the moment and I smell it here in the office. [smilie=th_00000020] But [smilie=th_oops_] , gotta go. You know what they say about an unattended candle... [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_fluc

Nighty night!

Gail

good late eve, all.

Cat, that is so neat about the facial recognition; so that is a security thing so no one can use your pc? wow, how neat!

still melting LSC cinnamon buns w/buttercream frosting. didn't want to switch it out; not too cinnamony and still going so why wreck a good thing, huh? CFTKR caramel velvet crunch in the DR.

Gail, i too went back tonight and read the description of fairy garden and there is not a grape to be had in the thing. LOL isn't perception a funny thing? wow, sure smells like there is a grape in there to me.