The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

debra99

Happy New Year with Scents of Good Cheer!

Happy New Year, all!

stardust, I have that one coming I believe from LOL. for whatever reason, I'm thinking I got that one from her discontinued sale scents list. maybe not.

starting out the morning w/Nene's sweet snow pine here in the bedroom

CCCC Santa Baby in the LR and DR.

hope everyone had a nice eve. quiet one here. early dinner out for chinese buffet w/hubby and home by a little after six. LOL I had 2 fur fellas up under me last evening, as they shot off fireworks and LOTs of them, big booms. the third fella is deaf so he breezed right through it unphased.

Have a wonderful day. going to figure out my new printer/scanner/fax thingy(sooo not tech-saavy), make a lamb cous cous and try to adjust to not working a weekend. :)

Blessings for the New Year.

Good Morning 3.gif

First tart of 2011 is Aunt Brenda's Banana Nut Bread from Can-Do SmileyHearts-1.gif

We had a great time last night and rolled in around 1:30am. Lots of laughs playing Apples to Apples, Uno Attack! and Catchphrase with our neighbors. Needless to say, everyone slept in this morning! Nothing spectacular planned for today...watching some football and having some munchies. I will probably start putting Christmas decorations away including both trees.

Hope all is well with everyone. Happy Melting!

NewyearFeatherPensignature98.gif

Happy New Year to All!

I have a gigantic party today. I expect about 40 to 60 people. I am so tired but really need to get going. I have to set up for the party. I will melt and burn in a bit. I haven't decided on my scents yet.

We went for Chinese last night and then back to my brother's house for awhile. It was nice.

I wish everyone a Happy and Healthy 2011!!!!!

[smilie=th_blij12] 2010. Happy 2011!! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Susan - Like yours, my sister's dog shakes like a leaf hearing the noise from thunderboomers and fireworks. Poor lil things. [smilie=th_huganimal]

It's very grey and raining this morning, so I'm burning a candle, Slatkins Holiday Pomander. I remember watching the Puppy Bowl (or something like that) on Animal Planet last year. I'll have to C if it's on this year - it was adorable! [smilie=th_LOVE]

Stardust - I like your thinking! I am melting Oxford by Scentsy. Maybe that means I will buy lots of new shoes this year? [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

I posted this below in the Dec. thread really late last night, but I realized that most of you were on to January and probabaly did not see it. (Trying to figure out all those icons and gizmos we can push on this site!)

I have been playing around with the "friend button", trying to figure it out. It works for some, but for other CF buddies I try, they get posts saying they are not authorized to answer! Anyone else run into this? (Time for some diagnostics!)

If you have feedback, please let me know!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! [smilie=th_snoopy]

I wanna start the year, er, day with Wealth and Prosperity too. Throw in some sparkling Health and I'll be all set! [smilie=th_Hnh5]

Michele, I hope your party is a huge success!

[smilie=th_teks0681] Susan and Sweet, there's something for dogs called an Anxiety Wrap for thunder phobia and other sound sensitivities. It's not a cure, and there's no guarantee. Some dogs are helped immensely (I know several), others not so much. If you're on a budget, you can even wrap them tightly with an ace bandage. If you want to know more about how to do it, I can fill you in.

Debra, [smilie=th_funny] I have no feedback on the friends dilemma. Sorry!

DH and I are going to a small NYD party this afternoon. Should be fun! I'm burning a layered votive from Cake Candle, an adorable gift from an adorable forum friend. [smilie=th_cuddle-1] Also melting the lovely Haley's Christmas Splendor.

I just have to say this... I know there are other places on the 'net to discuss wax, but Candlefind is my hands down favorite! [smilie=th_aa17] Here's a big New Year's Day THANK YOU to our admins and moderators who work hard to make it spectacular! [smilie=th_c61] [smilie=th_bomb]

Gail

Susan and Sweet, there's something for dogs called an Anxiety Wrap for thunder phobia and other sound sensitivities.

Puppy - TY for the wrap info! [smilie=th_aa21] Seems like the older her dog gets, the more phobias he has. I'm thinking that even putting that on him would make him nervous, but I sent it on to my sis to check out. Her vet advised her to give him a Benedryl during fireworks/thunder and that does help him.

I've changed to Nene's Pomander. Reminds me of how Constant Comment tea smells.....good! Think I'll steep a cuppa right now....

[smilie=th_blij51]

SweetTart and Busymom - you CBV addicts!! Yeah... me too. I think she'll be my first order of 2011. I have a list of some things I want for February (like one of her heart shaped bowls).

Stardustgirl- Lol..CBV addict? you think so? :huh: It was thanx to you mostly i must say. Hee hee! I saw that pretty heart shaped bowl too and was thinking about getting it in the near future, i bought her 3 wick decorative bowl before but i realize that i like candles that have a lid on them for some reason. I duno. Wealth and Prosperity scent.. i like your thinking. I wonder how that will smell.

Busymom- CBV itch...Lol. I feel for you girl. I just cant help myself either. Lol.

PuppyLove- I was voting for the Jan thread title and i was hoping that "Happy New Year with Scents of Good Cheer" would be picked. Perfect new year beginning of the month thread title i must say. Awesome job girl. I love it! [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

LLVV- Aww you're bringing the party to him at the hospital with the decorating and all, that is so sweet! Good to hear that you, your dad and family will have a nice new year celebration. Hope you and your dad will have much fun. ^_^

candlelove- wow 40-60 ppl for your party. Have fun and hope all will run smoothly for you since you are hosting the party.

Well last night fiance and i just had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and bought a bottle of Moscato to cheers at home for the count down. Thats all. It was nice and relaxing. Today..planning on catching that Tron movie. Hope its good. :)

Burning CBV Green Apple- this doesnt really smells like the Jolly Rancher Green Apple would smell as it was described it would be on her site but it does have a green apple smell, its just not the sour tangy sweet smell that i expect it to be.

Melting: Haley's Candied Apple and CFTKR chunky cup Banana Waffer Pudding Fresh Picked Strawberries.

Tunisianswife - yes, it was on their discontinued list. It's a novelty scent for sure, but I had to try it out from curiosity.

Poor dogs! I have one spazzy dog who didn't do too bad last night, despite the fireworks. He's changed a lot since I changed his diet. I make their dogfood now, so I know *exactly* what's in it and know the source. His allergies are gone, his hair has grown back in, and he's much calmer now. It's been about 7 months on the new diet.

[smilie=th_blij47-1]

Candlelove - Wow! That's a lot of people! Have a great time.

[smilie=th_blij40]

Sweet&Spicey - oddly enough, it DOES! It's so weird. It took awhile for the scent to throw, and it's pretty mild, but it really does smell like money. I think it's the ink smell of money... it kind of reminds me of being near a copy machine... that heated ink smell. It's not something I'd hoard (unlike money, lol) but for the novelty factor it's a fun melt.

[smilie=th_shewiggle]

Debra - Maybe you will! Does it smell like shoes? Or the dictionary, or the college... lots of options for that one. I'd like to have lots of shoes find their way to me this year, but that would probably negate my Wealth and Prosperity quickly.

I've no idea about the friend button - I haven't tried it.

[smilie=th_scratch]

SweetTart - I know what you mean about lids. I like them because if I'm burning a candle at night and don't want to flip on a light to see the wick to dip it (so it doesn't remain buried in the wax), I like the option of just snuffing it with the lid. I like the change from jars though, and I love the throw from the wider containers.

[smilie=th_a056]

Do I see new smilies? I haven't noticed this guy before:

[smilie=th_200911025310]

Happy New Year from a Newbie!

Today we're melting Celtic Moonspice but the label didn't have the vendor on it and I don't remember but I think it was from an etsy seller and I bought it back in the spring. I like it, strong cinnamon note but not Christmas-y.

Ellie

good evening, all.

Gail, that wrap sounds intriguing. Reminds me of Temple Grandin and what she used to do with that cow trap thing that would squeeze her and her anxiety would go away. The one that is now totally deaf used to be the worst. pant, pant, pant, inconsolible. Now it doesn't phase him.

Ineresting about the money smell of Wealth and Prosperity.

earlier today I went to click back to the forum main page and it said I didn't have access or something like that. happened twice but just today only day I noticed it.

made banana bread 2 loaves earlier today. lamb cous cous going now for dinner.

I have to say, i love Lasting Scents. I put Hollanburst in the bathroom this forenoon, and Scarlet Moon in the br and wow, what throwers! still going strong and even smell it strong over the cous cous LOL

also burning Gold Canyon Licorice candle. love this; my fav. candle. burns so clean.

BBW Mint Chocolate candle

CCCC santa baby still. something about licorice mingling w/peppermint barky type scents, I absolutely love. doesn't sound like a good combo but it is happy to my nose.

I have to say, i love Lasting Scents. I put Hollanburst in the bathroom this forenoon, and Scarlet Moon in the br and wow, what throwers! still going strong and even smell it strong over the cous cous LOL

Susan - I'm curious about Hollanburst. It has a kinda vague description. Could you describe what it smells like to U? [smilie=th_235F35F32]

I've changed to Nene's Bourbon Spiced Toddy. Hmmmmm.....I like apple,(I think it has apple in it, I better go back & look [smilie=th_scratch] ) but it must be the bourbon [smilie=th_cha66] cuz I'm not liking it too much. Not bad enuf to turn off, just not a reorder for me. [smilie=th_smilies-1]

For the first time for a really long time, I got a stomach bug today. I have never had this happen, but I could not stand the scents, so melters off!

Stardust - that is pretty funny, I wonder what a college melt would smell like? There are so many options!

Debra, I hope you feel better soon. One of the worst things about illness is when it prevents you from enjoying your smellies!

Melting Embers from Scentsy this evening.

SweetTart, thank you! I'm glad you like my thread suggestion!

Sweet, that's kind of typical for a dog to get more phobic and troubled as they age. Kinda like us, mebbe?? There are techniques your sis could try (very gentle and unstressful) to help her dog get used to the wrap. If you're interested in knowing more, you can shoot me an email anytime, or maybe start a new thread under "Off Topic."

Tunisian, Temple Grandin was my inspiration for wrapping dogs. She is amazing! (One of my dog class students knows her personally. I unfortunately haven't met her.) Anyway, believe it or not, one of my best friend's dog has autism. Diagnosed by the vet, bona fide canine autism. We've learned a lot from him, as well as several other dogs in our club. Let me know if you ever want more info on wrapping. I'm no expert but I've got my sources. [smilie=th_giggle]

Stardust, ITA re diet. I've fed a home prepared diet for a long time. Go to seminars and read books on the subject, etc. Yup, I'm kinda obsessed when it comes to dogs. [smilie=th_insane] That's wonderful to hear your dog is doing so much better these days. I have lots of stories on the subject, but since I'm waaay off topic, that's all I have to say for now. [smilie=th_sml29]

I didn't get to go to this afternoon's party. I slipped on some ice and crashed on cement during my morning walk. I am okay, nothing broken, but I'm very sore, so might not be around for a day or two, as it's a little uncomfortable sitting in this chair. It's still a happy new year though. What could have been really bad is only somewhat painful and not serious. Whew, lucky, lucky me!!! Thought I'd mention it, in case I'm MIA for a short while.

No melting here for the time being, but it sounds like everybody's enjoying their scents and having fun! [smilie=th_yahoo]

See you soon, buddies!!

Gail

Gail and Debra--feel better soon--and take care of yourselves.

Starting the day out with candles in YC Christmas Cookie, some triple layer floral that I found partially burned in a closet and my new Wild Honeysuckle candle from Wal Mart--I was in the mood for some florals and am trying to finish up the cookie one. I think it has about 2 days of burning left in it.

Have a great day everyone.

Happy New Year! [smilie=th_december2201661-1]

I have been extremely lazy this holiday season with my wax! I have been burning the same YC Christmas in Paris and a pretty little vanilla candle (gift) for the past few weeks! I need to clean up my wax cabinet and start some new scents around here.

Wishing everyone a very healthy and happy new year! [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

good morning, all.

Oh Star...I feel ya. Ohh, I always jokingly say that the thought of morning sickness was my best 'preventative measure' when it came to the decision to not have children. I don't do nausea. LOL ooooh, I feel ya. New years eve day, I had bad sinus headache w/some slight nausea and couldn't do any bakery.

Gail, oh golly sorry u couldn't go to your party. did u hit your tailbone? some epsom salts are in order, huh? so interesting that your friend has met Temple. she is awesome, what a story, huh? she was on tv the other day re: autism. Dog autism?!!! omg, who knew? never knew it affected dogs too. wow. wish we had a pets thread in the off-topic. would be so interesting to hear about this wrap and any other tid-bits.

Sweet-Hollanburst is slightly ozone, a mild floral(which I am not fond of florals), clean water type. nice for bed or bath. not something I would melt around my entire house but again, more of a fruit or bakery nut dependiing on the season.

well I have to say, I am absolutely loving Lasting Scent Candles and that name sure fits the company! I didn't have the heart to toss the bedroom Scarlet Moon that I started yesterday around approx. 11am because this morning, there is still so much scent left that it seemed a waste. I woke up twice in the middle of the night and that was the first thing I smelled. also relit Hollanburst in the bath-3rd t-light. even when not lit, the bath is nice.

and...I have pumpkin poundcake going out here in the livingroom. this thing packs a wallop! no joke and I like them strong. wowza. plopped it in the warmed dish after emptying out from last night and en route to the living room to put it back on the base, the thing was throwing! amazing and such clean product. again, I can't thank those of you who reviewed and commented enough on the introduction to LSC. a keeper, for sure.

CYS pumpkin toffee crunch cake in the dining room which I can't smell from here because the LS is overtaking everything. LOL

have a goood day, all. I am so mixed up on my days between the holidays and being the first weekend I am not working, I don't know what day it is. yesterday felt like Sunday..today....not to sure. :)

Debra - seems 2 B lots of viruses going around now. :wacko: Hope you're feeling much better and can melt your smellies today! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Puppy - ouch...that had to really hurt! [smilie=th_sad2hz1] Susan had a good suggestion - a nice hot soak in the tub will help soothe your sore spots. [smilie=th_blij80] Feel better soon! [smilie=th_ahaaha]

I'm burning Slatkins Holiday Wreath candle and a YC Sparkling Grapefruit votive.