The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

debra99

Happy New Year with Scents of Good Cheer!

Cat--I hate to tell you this but the HL store is not there anymore. If you want anything from her you will have to order online or email her. I thought I'd better tell you so you wouldn't be finding out after you got here. I haven't checked the site lately but hopefully you can still order from her. The last I saw her was in November and she told me just to let her know when I needed candles or melts and she would make them but she works tax season so much I don't know for sure what she is doing now. Nancy

Maurie - Hee hee hee!! I think we crossed wires. When I mentioned Mac, I meant the computer you were using. I can understand the makeup enthusiasm though.

It was a trickster day today - sunny and pretty but colder than a witch's uh... umm...yeah. Hurry up Spring!

Raspberry White Mocha Latte from CBV today. I love that one!

Maurie - Hee hee hee!! I think we crossed wires. When I mentioned Mac, I meant the computer you were using. I can understand the makeup enthusiasm though.

It was a trickster day today - sunny and pretty but colder than a witch's uh... umm...yeah. Hurry up Spring!

Raspberry White Mocha Latte from CBV today. I love that one!

OH.........THAT MAC. Geez, how funny. Well the computer MAC is my son's and I won't be buying one for myself anytime soon. I have to start saving for the second son's MAC. We kinda promised them each one in their 11th grade if all has gone well with grades etc. He has a bit more proving to do, but I gotta start saving now.

Burning CBV tonight. Country Fair Funnel Cake and Christmas memories. Going to turn in early tonight and watch Paula Abdul's new dancing show. Can't wait. I miss her on American Idol already....lol. When does that start or has it?

Night everyone.

For the rest of the day it is Yankee Sweet Strawberry. I hit BB&B today and got two large jars half price--Yankee Pumpkin Pie and Christmas Wreath and used a $10 off coupon so got them both for $15 then picked up a medium Yankee jar called Candy Hearts--not the swirl but a pretty pink color at Marshall's and then went to the Yankee store and got some things so it was a great candle day here. Always a good day when I can get some new wax. Ha!

Hopefully all of you suffering from various misfortunes and such are on the road to recovery and feeling much better!

Recent melts have included Haley's Precious Kitty, B&BW Cranberry Woods, YC Sugarcane & Vanilla, and CBV Raisin Rum. Tonight I am burning CBV Coppertone, which I must say smells identical to the famous suntan lotion. I am instantly transported to the beach in one whiff! [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

I just finished watching Paula Abdul's new dance show. Kinda cute. Recent waxies have been Haley's White Tea and Ginger, a couple votives from Kristin's Kandles in Cranberry and Mulberry, and Slatkin's Frosted Cranberry.

Night all! [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

Gail

Good Morning!

I started up Hawaiian Plumeria (Soy Vey from my old Grazia stash) in my bathroom while I tried not to notice my *morning hair* in the mirror.

Now I'm having coffee [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe and picking the rest of my personal SOTD. I've decided to re-warm my Nene's Jasmine Sea Mist that's in my bedroom burner, since it was nearly as wonderful as the Balinese Cascade and it wasn't *quite* finished.

I started out the new year with holiday purchases from Nene's, LOL, CBV, Halleys and Can-Do (an old standby), and I gotta tell ya Nene's is blowing me away! Beautiful scents, super throw, and last all day. But I've only melted those in my bedroom, so I'm gonna change it up today and try one of hers in my living area melter. The others I have tried in that area have been kinda hit or miss so far, so I need to figure out if that is due to the area, the melter, or the vendor. Amazing how some of us work this wax addiction like a science, isn't it?! [smilie=th_thlaughter]

So I'm going with Nene's Lemon Verbena, (which cold sniff makes me positively swoooooon), and I'll try one of the others in my room when I finally give up the ghost on the Jasmine Sea Mist

Whew, I wrote a novel and it's AWFUL early! LOL [smilie=th_smiley-yawn]

Have a GREAT DAY my friends in the WWOW (wonderful world of wax) [smilie=th_c2e41937]

LAURIE

Good Morning Candlefind friends...Coffee-14.gif

Taking a break from bakery, pine and spicy scents this morning. I pulled out a sample Carol sent to me....Strawberry Banana Whip. ichigobuddy.gif I like it! It's not super strong and it is sort of fading quickly which is a bummer because it's a good scent.

Laurie, Nene's Lemon Verbena is wonderful!

I am waiting for my Lush face mask to dry and then hopping in the shower and heading out the door. I really love the fresh face masks, although they do expire withing a couple weeks of purchase. The one I'm using today is called The Sacred Truth and it's supposed to enhance and revive the complexion. It also contains antioxidants which protect the skin against aging. Sounds good to me!!!

Hope everyone has a great day! 1029971siq6y4jxww.gif

[smilie=th_autumboy] Good Morning!!

Its a great Wednesday here, they are calling for SNOW tonight..woot woot..I so hope we get some more!! We had a huge amount on Christmas Day and I am ready for more!!

Aria, I am a lush nut too, with my buddy Maureen, we love that place!! I personally can't get enough Karma, but I would love to try some of their face masks! Thing is I don't have a store close ...so I have to order online or go to the one in NYC when I am up there for visits!!

Melting Crosscreeks Frosty the Snowman, in hopes that we get to build one tomorrow [smilie=th_FULL_O17] Thing is it has some chocolate in there that isn't really agreeing with my nose, darn it!!

Have a good day everyone [smilie=The_Hi]

Just a quick peek before I head out the door...lol. The Strawberry Banana Whip tart has pretty much gone kaput. RIP little tart.

Busy, I went to the Lush inside our Macy's once before Christmas and once after. I am already making a list of things I want to get. I am loving just about everything I have purchased. I want to use it up and then buy more. I don't think I've tried Karma yet...add that to the list of things to check out next time I go...lol. This is what I am addicted to...Ocean Salt(OMG!), Ultra Bland, Dream Cream, Gloog shower gel, and the Iced Wine shower jelly. When I went after Christmas, all the holiday stuff was BOGO. Got a few bath bombs...they all smell divine. I also had a coupon for 25% off any 3 skin care items. Love the samples they give too... I could go on and on....the girls there are always so nice and helpful too. Love that. Giiiiirl, if you lived near me, we could really do some damage at LUSH!!!

Okay, got to be heading out...off to Target and a few other errands.

TTFN

[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe Hey y'all.I hope everyone's New Year is going well. Our snow has melted here and we may get 1-2 inches on Friday. I am burning a nice candle from Aroma-Mix Cranberry Clove. I am also burning EE-Crystal Lake votive. I'm ready to melt my favorite scents Like Earthen Oak,Baton Rouge, Cracklin Birch, anything with cedar notes. I am going to my dentist this afternoon to start on my lower back bridge. This will replace 4 teeth and is permanent, so very high dollar. This will blow my 1000.00 dental for the New Year plus 3,000.00 more. I'm glad I can pay in installments. Take care everyone and have a good melting day.

Cindy - bummer about Frosty the Snowman. That was one of my very faves in the tarts I got from Crosscreek - it went on the "reorder" list.

Today I have a leftover Candy Cane from LOL that's still throwing out a bit, and in the living room it's CBV Caramelized Pralines. That thing is yummy and insane! It throws all the way back here (which mixes nice with Candy Cane) and I thought someone was baking.

It's another deceptively sunny day. But at least it's not snowing! Yay!

Hi everyone,

You Lush girls are cute. I wish I were a fan, but nope, I'm not. ;)

Katz, that's a whopping dental bill for sure. But will be worth it in the end. I hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Some of our snow has melted and disappeared, but there's a fair amount that stuck around and just refroze, making concrete frosting. And boy, is it icy everywhere. Me no likey. [smilie=th_cha60]

Melting Haley's Hansel & Gretel's House. Me likey this big time! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Gail

good morning, all.

another beautiful sunny day, cold but who cares....it's winter and there is no snow, and there is sun. want to go to the park again today but am in the middle of cleaning then hubby is taking me to SS admin because i never got my ss card switched over to my married name(will be 9 yrs this month) yeah, bad me. I need it for this job. Indian buffet in our neighborhood tonight after dealing w/that.

CFTKR-sweet vanilla zuc. bread in 2 melters

citrus linen water in the bath

Winter festival in the BR. got this as a freebie in the cutest little old-fashioned wooden sled shape from Carol. I LOVE it! so clean, so unique.

of course, it all is mixed w/pine sol right now since I'm cleaning.

have a wonderful day, all

Put on another one of Carol's creations...Sweet Berry Cakes. Does anyone else have this scent or have you tried it? I have heard quite a few raves about it, but don't get it. It smells nice, but all I get is a fruit punch sort of smell. Am I missing something?

Aria, I do have sweet berry cakes in a donut shape, but I haven't cut it up yet. Now I am curious to try it. I went to a lush for the first time in Union Square in NYC last Spring when we went. OMG is right. I dragged my dd in there and we spent a long time lusting over everything, lol. I'd be in big trouble if there was one in our local Macy's. I am melting CCCC's Holiday Wassail and burning Slatkin's Winter. This candle will not stop drowning, no matter what I try. This is probably it for me with Slatkin for now, the holiday scents have just been too much trouble for me this year. Hope everyone is having a good afternoon.

Hi Everybody!

I had a late start melting today. I had to drive oldest DD back to her apartment in the city this morning and run some errands in the afternoon.

I am melting CFTKR Buttermilk Pancakes in 3 melters and burning YC Italian Christmas Biscotti. It smells wonderful in here!

Katz-Good Luck with the dental work. I can relate to that. I had permanent bridges put in years ago and recently replaced them with dental implants. Not fun and very expensive but so definitely worth it in the end.

It is sunny and cold here. I love that I am finally home and able to melt and burn. I love relaxing with my scents. This is the perfect weather for this and makes me feel so cozy.

I switched to Haley's Country Bumpkin. It's no Hansel & Gretel's House but it's pretty darned yummy! The dominant note is tart apple. At least that's what my schnozola is telling me. [smilie=th_shewiggle]

Gail

Katz - hope all goes well at the dentists 4 U. I hatez going to the dentist. I think I'd rather get a colonoscopy every month than have to have dental work done. Ok....maybe not every month.... :lol:

Joan - sorry to hear you're having Slatkin problems. [smilie=th_hmph] I recently had my first one that didn't play nice, too. Couldn't even get a full melt pool. [smilie=th_roll] I ended up relighting it, scooping out the area that didn't melt the first time and finally got the full melt pool. So far, it's playing nice again. It better....or else... [smilie=th_m4t3zo4]

I'm melting LB's Wedding Cake. I think in her description she calls it her 'famous' wedding cake. I'm a sucker for anyone's 'famous' anything. But, this one IS yummy goodness! [smilie=th_aa17]

I'm finishing off with Crosscreek's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.

WOW! Great scent, amazing throw. This one will definitely be reordered.

[smilie=th_LOVE]

Recent melts:

Crosscreek - Orange Cranberry Muffin

Haley's - Lime

Can-Do - Pared Pears

BH&G - Citrus Twist

LOL - Comfortably Numb, Cinnamon Buns

CFTKR - Harvest Gingerbread, Pumpkin Butter, Apple Berry Spice, AMS - Chunky Monkey

SSS - Vanilla Buttercream Crunch

LunaBleu - Blood Orange Coco Milk

Currently melting - Sugar Cookies Noel

Burning - YC Eggnog 3-wick