The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

debra99

Happy New Year with Scents of Good Cheer!

Congrats to Gail! Excellent title! :)

...but I sure hope you feel better soon! That HURTS!!! I've done the same thing and unless your 8~ it isn't funny! Rest your body and take care! [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Debra~ I hope you feel better soon too! [smilie=th_ef3416a0] Those stomach bugs are hideous!

This year has not started off too good...but maybe things can only get better.

Melting:

Fireside Hearth from Old Virginia Candle Co

Christmas Tree from Teaberry Mountain

SweetTart, thank you! I'm glad you like my thread suggestion!

Sweet, that's kind of typical for a dog to get more phobic and troubled as they age. Kinda like us, mebbe?? There are techniques your sis could try (very gentle and unstressful) to help her dog get used to the wrap. If you're interested in knowing more, you can shoot me an email anytime, or maybe start a new thread under "Off Topic."

Tunisian, Temple Grandin was my inspiration for wrapping dogs. She is amazing! (One of my dog class students knows her personally. I unfortunately haven't met her.) Anyway, believe it or not, one of my best friend's dog has autism. Diagnosed by the vet, bona fide canine autism. We've learned a lot from him, as well as several other dogs in our club. Let me know if you ever want more info on wrapping. I'm no expert but I've got my sources. [smilie=th_giggle]

Stardust, ITA re diet. I've fed a home prepared diet for a long time. Go to seminars and read books on the subject, etc. Yup, I'm kinda obsessed when it comes to dogs. [smilie=th_insane] That's wonderful to hear your dog is doing so much better these days. I have lots of stories on the subject, but since I'm waaay off topic, that's all I have to say for now. [smilie=th_sml29]

I didn't get to go to this afternoon's party. I slipped on some ice and crashed on cement during my morning walk. I am okay, nothing broken, but I'm very sore, so might not be around for a day or two, as it's a little uncomfortable sitting in this chair. It's still a happy new year though. What could have been really bad is only somewhat painful and not serious. Whew, lucky, lucky me!!! Thought I'd mention it, in case I'm MIA for a short while.

No melting here for the time being, but it sounds like everybody's enjoying their scents and having fun! [smilie=th_yahoo]

See you soon, buddies!!

Gail

Gail: I'm so glad that you didn't get hurt too much when you fell. The ice doesn't give much does it?? The times I fell, I look around to see if anyone saw me. I worry more about that than the fall. Take care friend.

I'm just popping in to wish everyone a Happy New Year. DS and his GF are heading back to Philly this morning. It was so nice to have him home. I am burning a Mistletoe candle this morning. I hope to get on a regular schedule this coming week. Have a great day and GO COLTS!!!

Debra - ugh, how awful! Feel better soon! Stomach bugs are the ones I fear / hate most.

[smilie=th_smiley_doorpeek]

PuppyLove - OMG! Glad you're OK. Ice is nothing to mess with.

[smilie=th_blij47-1]

Susan - you've made me really want to try Lasting Scents. I also love a super strong throw...they sound like a winner.

[smilie=th_c2e41937]

Today I'm re-melting L'Amour de Mamie from LOL. It lasts a loooong time which is good because I'm just crazy about this one. I'm melting the Lime Frosted Cupcakes (the toilet bowl scent) in the dogs' room. They don't mind. There's Cabernet in the kitchen, and day 2 for Sugared Cranberries from Spotted Hog in the living room.

[smilie=th_hema1]

It's cold but sunny here - and it's a cleaning day, so back to it I go!

[smilie=th_rk01_lavatricefare]

Good Morning everyone!!

Melting LSC Twigs and Berries...OMG this scent rocks!! Its a reorder scent for sure!!

Susan..I totally agree with you about LSC!! The scents are fantastic and I am really enjoying my tarties so very much!! So glad you are a hooked fan too [smilie=th_dancing_smile] Blamin Gail for my addiction tho, its ALL her fault...LOL!!

Today I am trying to get my self in gear, back to the classroom for us tomorrow, I am having to adjust my attitude alot today, as I need a little more time, but my kids are sure ready!!

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Good Afternoon...snow2-1.gif

Melting Honey Graham Pie Crust from Nene's. I turned the melter off and am going to switch to a non-foody type scent. DH is fasting today for a test he is having tomorrow morning and the smell of bakery scents is a little cruel. All he can have are clear liquids and he walked into the kitchen and said "Boy, something sure smells good!" So, off the melter goes...I just can't torture him anymore...lol.

Got a click n ship notice from LSC...can't wait to try them after all the raves! [smilie=th_e3301ae2]

Gail and Debra, please take care...

Busy, yes, my kiddos are going back to school tomorrow as well and I can hardly contain my excitement! [smilie=th_ecd36868]

Hope everyone has a great day! SnowflakesFall.gif

Hello everyone,

Hope all of you with colds and coughs and falling down aches get better soon! Not fun to start a New Year under the weather.

Today, I'm burning a Slatkin candle, Twigs and Berries, and I'm not enjoying it. I wonder if all Twigs and Berries smell the same, I know it's a favorite for many. I'm fighting the urge to snuff it out to see if it grows on me but I don't think it will. Probably will give this one away.

I have a feeling I'll be melting Gingerbread very soon!

Go Bears!

Ellie

Ellie, BBW has a good return policy; u could take it back.

My nose is not happy w/twigs and berries either. I've tried it from 2 vendors(actually got them as freebies) and bought from one and it's just not a scent that is happy to my nose.

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year!!! I have been MIA as my computer is down and I have to kinda beg, borrow and steal my sons IMAC or whatever you call an apple computer. I must say I love it, but its certainly very different without "Windows". Anyway, I hope you are all well and for those that are not........get well soon. I am headed back now to read (skim) over the past weeks posts and such. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and is ready for the New Year. I can't say I am ready for anything the same as last year, but one can hope for a better one. Right Cindy??? I'm trusting you BF. "luv ya",

OK guys, Happy NY again and catch you all later.

Yuck, back to work tomorrow. I feel like I never had a darn vacation this time around. Been kinda ill all week, but will plow forward. Hugs to all_smileyfacehugging_.gif

Hey Gail, I just read that you fell. I am so darn sorry for you. Not good and feels horrible for a bit. I know as I have done it myself. This year (2010) I only slammed my entire hand in my car door and couldn't get it out. SO, I KNOW PAIN. It was pretty mashed up my hand and is taking loads of time to heal. Just take it easy and be careful so you don't fall gain. I feel the pain for you and wish for a speedy recovery.

Happy New Year!

My party was a success yesterday. It is always a great way to start off the new year. It goes all day long and family and friends that I haven't seen for awhile all come by. It was a great day.

I had lots of candles going yesterday. I was burning YC Holiday Sage, YC Christmas Eve, YC Italian Christms Biscotti, YC Snow Angels, CBV Tokyo Spring and an unknown Cream Brulee ( I think it was an old Partylite).

Gail-So sorry about your fall-hope you are feeling better soon!

I am busy getting all my laundry done today. DD goes back to college tomorrow to recruit girls into the sorority. Classes start next week. I feel so sad she has to leave already. It was such a short break. My DS was home for the weekend also. He just left. At least the older DD will be home for the week. She is still out of work and staying in her apartment during the work week is depressing.

I think I am just going to burn one candle for now-YC Italian Christmas Biscotti. I love that one!

Good afternoon!

I am doing a little better today, I just started the melter and we will see how it goes. I am soooo hungry, but I don't dare eat yet!

I am trying something new to me. I went to my grocery store to check out the Village Candles - and they were no longer stocked! Instead the had a new supply of Harmony Home clamshell melts and melters. I don't know anything about these, but this guy is pretty strong already! (My scent is Magnolia Fig).

Owie Gail, hope you are not too sore! (Oh - and fascinating about dog autism. what is the dog's behavior? Did you see the movie about Grandin's life? I only heard the podcast about it, but it sounded pretty interesting.)

Candlelove - congrats on a good party! They are lots of work.

Stardust - what is L'Amore de Maime all about?

Michele - your party sounds so nice....and a good way to end the holidays and begin the new year! Did U get any comments on all the yummy candles U had going? [smilie=th_c032]

Debra - my grocery store carries Village, too. They never discount or put them on sale, tho. [smilie=th_baaaaa]

I'm ending the day with CrossCreek's Night Before Christmas. Mmmmm...mmmm...good! [smilie=cloud_9]

I had so many multi-quotes marked for the past couple of days, my post would have been a page long all by itself, so I ditched all the quotes and am just typing.

I hope you are feeling better, Gail with the hurtin' tail. Darn that ice. The day after probably hurts worse than the first.

Michele, your party sounds like the best day of the year at your place. I'm glad you had lots of friends and family around for hugging.

Ellie, I haven't tried the BBW version yet. I find some variation in Twigs n Berries between vendors, or maybe I'm thinking of Sticks & Twigs. There is one that is a blend of Eucalyptus / Spearmint. That's the one I like. wink.gif

Susan, I see the LSC sale is still going on. I got a list together last night. Hollanburst was on my list, btw. Your opinion was so helpful. Of course now I'm adding the Twigs & Berries (thanks to Busymom) biggrin.gif Ordering tonight.

Tonight I'm melting:

Kristin's Kandles - Fresh Linen

LOL - Kayleigh Blossoms

th_hema1.gif

Up late...don't wanna go back to work tomorrow... [smilie=th_myspacepunked_sign000

Last melts of the night...

Pineberry & Bough and

Oh Christmas Tree both from Huckleberry Layne

Sparkling Snow from CanDo

Upstairs...Lavender & Coconut Milk from Spotted Hog

Sleep Well... [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

It's so good to have my routine back starting today. Plus, I got a full night's sleep, uninterrupted. It's been days since that's happened. I'm cheery and full of energy for a change.

th_happy.gif

CFTKR - Corn Husk melt

Good Morning...th6a00d8341c2d2753ef00e550df5029883.gif

Just got the boys off to school and getting ready to take DH in for his colonoscopy...poor guy has has a rough night if you know what I mean. Thankfully, once it is over, I can bring him home and he can relax for the rest of the day. Colon cancer runs in his family, so even at his relatively young age, he has to have a colonoscopy every 5 years. The prep is not pleasant at all. Sorry, TMI, I know.

I put a YC tart in the melter...Red Berries & Cedar. I discovered this scent recently and adore it. I've noticed that I really like scents that have a cedar note, especially in the winter months.

Hope everyone has a great Monday. bmangroupsmilesf.gif

good morning all. Happy start of the new year for those that are going back to work/school.

Aria, I bought some red berries and cedar at their end of year sale last year in the votives. They do have a nice aroma and I too like cedar. Used them over the holiday; not that I got much throw but they added to the ambience. yes, those cramps from the prep and the aftermath will tucker anyone out. I always feel badly for the elderly when they put them through that. I don't know why they call that prep, 'go lightly' because there is nothing light about it but u do go!

starting out the day with CFTKR all around. orange caramel flapjacks in 2 melters, citrus linen water, apple mango tango.

have a wonderful monday. sunny but cold here. just the ironing, laundry, and making some goodies to take to my vet. I didn't get over there before the holiday like I had planned.

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Hope you all had a wonderful New Year's Eve and Day!!

We stayed home with company New Year's Eve and the day we spent picking up our new car. Hubby is loving it!

Yesterday, we put all our decorations away, and I went to 2 different Wally Worlds and got a bunch of clearance Xmas stuff. I love that!

Aria, Birthday Cake from Can-Do is my favorite scent from Donna. I'm gonna find one and melt it tonight.

LLVV, your New Year's Eve sounds wonderful. You are such a great daughter, I'm sure you Dad appreciates you so much!

Tobe & Terri, a Happy Belated Birthday to you both!

Gail, sorry to hear about your fall, I'm sure your still pretty sore, thank goodness you didn't break anything.

I melted Honeysuckle from someone last night, I forgot who, but it was delish!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Gail, I'm sorry to hear about your fall. I sure hope you're starting to feel better.

Kids are back in school today. It was hard for all of us to get up early after 2 luxurious weeks of sleeping in!

It's snowing in Vegas! [smilie=snoopy] This rarely happens. We get tons of snow in the mountains, but hardly ever here in the basin. This is a great day to stay home and melt. People here don't know how to drive in the snow so I'd rather not be out on the roads with them! In honor of the snow I chose Winter Wonderland from Scentsy. Hope you're all having a good Monday!

Hi!

Puppy - OUCH! I hope you're feeling better. Try Aleve. It can do wonders for the ouchies. Just be sure not to take it longer than the recommended number of days.

Aria - I hear you about the colonoscopy prep. The prep is actually the bad part but the procedure itself is nothing. I hope more people become more open to taking this test. It does save lives. My dad would not be in his current situation if he had gotten a colonoscopy after I had mine 2 years ago. The cancer would of been caught at an earlier stage. He laughed at me telling him that it's not as bad as it seems. The other tests (fecal occult and sigmoidoscopy) are worthless if you have a tumor on the right side of the colon like he has. Bravo to your DH for not being a baby about this. Just a warning to my candle buddies because I love you guys...do not wait for the symptoms of colon cancer to appear as they do not always appear, especially if they are near the end (right side) of the colon. My dad had 0 symptoms until he hit stage 4 and those symptoms had nothing to do with the colon tumor. Go give your DH a gigantic hug and kiss for taking care of himself. This test is a gift to himself and to your family.

I hope you are all having a wonderful new year! DD is back at school so I have some time to myself. I actually ended up spending a bit of time cleaning and then boxing up a return order to Yankee and placed a new order at Yankee. If you like their glass tart burners, take a look at the Winter Forest one. It's gogeous and perfect for January and February. They had this line out a couple of years ago but didn't offer the tart burner. I was so sad about that. I'm super excited to see it being offered now!!!

Tarts:

Apple Thyme

Tooth Fairy (waiting for DD to come home to light this one up. She picked it out. It smells like Bazooka Bubble gum. It's pink and it has the word fairy in it...perfect for all of the super girly 6 year olds.

Candles:

Holiday Sage (yummers)

Frosted Cedar Wreath votive

Hi friends,

Thank you all so much for the well wishes! I’m still sore but definitely getting better now and no longer need those huge doses of ibuprofen. Happy New Year to me, and to you too! :D

Debra, glad to hear you’re feeling better. Yes, I did see the movie on Temple Grandin and have read some of her books. Awesome! I think I’ll start a Pets thread under “Off Topic” per Susan’s suggestion. That way we won’t get too off topic and can gab all we want, eh? I'll do that a little later. Need to get out of this chair for now. :)

Mpfand, it’s snowing here too. How much did you get? So far we have about 3” and it’s still coming down. The dog had a blast this morning and made DH and I laugh and laugh. [smilie=th_lol22]

I’m melting Berry Bliss from LSC. And boy, is it ever! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Thanks again, buddies! You are the BEST! [smilie=group_hug]

Gail