The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Christmas Time, Scents Sublime

Sweet&Spicey....It wasn't enough snow to be housebound, but it was enough to appreciate and it definitely accumulated!

Recent melts:

CHC vanilla berry

Blue Gecko black raspberry vanilla

I think I am going to hit up YC today. I never did buy the fall or Christmas scents, so I may snag some!

Good Morning! Burning YC Italian Christmas Biscotti, Slatkin's Dark Kiss and melting Vanilla Pound Cake from Swan Creek.

I went to YC and I got 4 large jars and 5 votives and it all came to $37.45 with tax. I used 10.00 off 25.00 I felt pretty good about that. Fall and Christmas scents are my favorite so I like to stock up when they have the SAS. I got Holiday Sage,Red Apple Wreath,Blackberry Tea and Welcome Christmas.

Have a great day everyone! Today I'm going to take the decorations down.

good morning, all. sounds like folks are digging out.

Vienna, love the description of your sweet little Peke hopping through the snow; imagine that is a sweet sight.

good job on your YC snags, twinsmom. fall/winter scents are some of my favs. too. did you try Slatkin 'Autumn' this year? oh gosh, such a beautiful scent.

CCCC-monster munch it is in 2 melters

CFTKR-denim in the BR.

going to place an order w/Carol today; she will have new scents up @11 and sounds like there are some awesome new bakeries. after that, it is handcuffs and I am throwing away the key. LOL (or else I will have to have hubby change my paypal password). figure that w/the recent orders, this will carry me thru for a bit until I start a new job. :(

wonderful Tuesday to all!

JugglingSnowman_RJohnson.png Good morning

Melting Warm & Cozy from Can-Do...this one is super cinnamon-y. It's actually a little too cinnamon-y for me. I'm going to turn the melter off. On to the next scent...

tw, I am going to take a peek at Carol's new scents later on too. I did place an order with LSC last week, but I am craving a package from Carol. There is something so comforting about her packages. [smilie=th_create] I snagged one of those Autumn scented candles from BBW yesterday...$9.75 for the big one. I had a coupon code for 20% off too.

My goal today is to finish most of the laundry that has accumulated over the last week. Eeeek! :shock:

Jules~ Glad to hear that everyone is feeling a little better and that your DS is using his arm a bit! That sounds scary...I have never been bitten by a cat and didn't know how dangerous the infection could be...poor fella! [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Debra~ I have 1 of the M&WF tarts left...I can NOT believe how potent they are after all this time!!! It is so SAD that I can't get anymore! :(

Viennalady & Susan~ So cute about the little dogs! I would love to see my Yorkie jumping in the snow but she's just a little "shivering furbaby"...even with her coat...can't stay out for more than 5 minutes.

Hope everyone with lots of snow stays safe and warm. I ventured out last night in the 4 wheel drive Blazer with the DS to find somewhere to get food....everything was closed up tight...except Target and Best Buy... :crysmiley1:

Finally found a food store with nothing on the shelves but got a few frozen things...will try again today!

Have a good one!

I've been AWAL with our trip home and DS being home for the holidays. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I have taken the main tree down, so my LR is almost back to normal. DH is off the rest of the week..I need to find projects to keep him busy...I am melting Can-Do Lessie's Coco-Mint Frost. Well, onto laundry and putting up some more stuff. have a wonderful day and I'll check in later.

We had a white Christmas too but it's about gone now.

Jules...glad your little one is doing ok.

Melting Pumpkin Bread Puddin from Can-Do.

Good morning!

Phew...just finished cleaning the downstairs. OMG, how can my floors get so dirty in just 3 days?!?!?!? Of course, it didn't help that DD spilled her iced tea 3x last week. Sprinkles, iced tea, crumbs, little pieces of that garbage they pack toys with these days, more sprinkles, and more iced tea. UGH...you'd think a pack of elephants and pigs had been living downstairs for the last couple of days.

Now that that my downstairs is once again pristine I can relax and enjoy some lovely scents.

Tarts:

Maple Sugared Flapjacks

Honey Vanilla Graham Pie

Candles:

Almond Cookie tealight

Christmas Tree jar (I'm on a mission to finish this one up)

Hi, all! [smilie=th_autumboy] Sounds like several of you are knee deep in snow! Stay safe and warm friends.

Jules, I'm sorry to hear about your DS's cat bite and then illness on top of that. Glad to hear the bite is healing well.

My in-laws are still here. :wacko: They leave tomorrow morning and then I'll start the process of un-decorating and getting my house back to normal. I can't wait. It feels dirty and cluttered and it's driving me nuts. I started Hazelnut Latte from Scentsy this morning.

We are still trapped in the house. I live on a dead end street and there is no plow in sight. This is no longer fun. We are beginning to go stir crazy.

Jules-glad to hear your DS is feeling better.

I am melting CHS Mistletoe, CCCC St.Nick's Lane and CHS Santa's Cookies.

I am burning YC Holiday Sage, YC Home for the Holidays, YC Christmas Eve and YC Italian Christmas Biscotti. I have White Barn Warm Vanilla Sugar on the melter so I can finish up the last of it.

Jules--so glad your family is feeling better. I hate sickness. Today has been lovely here--48 and partly sunny--supposed to get to 60 by the end of the week and then back to the 30's for New Year's Day. A nice change from our usual December weather.

This afternoon I decided to try another tart of Yankee's new Bahama Breeze but it is just not for me. In fact, it made me sick to my stomach and stuffed my nose up so it had to go. I now have on an old standby from Yankee--Vanilla Cupcake so all is well. Ha!

Hope all of you snowed in get dug out soon. I absolutely hate snow and hope I never see another flake as long as I live. A vain hope since I live in the Midwest but I can hope anyway. [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Sounds like most of U on the east coast are safe and getting dug out from all the snow. Michele - hopefully they'll plow U out by tonite. :( On the postive side....sounds like you're melting/burning up a storm of your own....but, with waxies. :lol: Your house must smell fantastic! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

I'm melting Nene's Cranberry Balsam and it's another winner! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Hi everyone,

I'm on the second day of Haley's Sinfully Hot. This is a very good thing, since the longer it goes the more I like it, and I started out liking it! Thank you again, Becky, for raving about this one. [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

good early eve, all.

LLVV, I cleaned today also; no sprinkles or ice tea though; only the occasional dust bunny and doggie kibble. :) always seems so good to get cleaning done and put on a new meltie

Trep, I feel you. today was one of those days that stuff didn't set well w/my nose. had CBV bud tarts from last yr in blue sugar and sugared spruce so combined them; uggh, made me sick and I love blue christmas, or blue spruce. out it went. CFTKR christmas sparkle which is nice but guess I was so uggh from the other, it went too.

Gail, what does sinfully hot smell like? I'm not a huge cinnamon fan. is it a cinnamony one?

candlelove, I feel for you. A day is fun to be snowed in but then u have to get on w/things and to feel so trapped is awful; been there, done that. hope that snow plow makes its way to you soon.

CFTKR passionberry noel. a nice change of pace from the heavy bakery.

YC-christmas mulberry

*on a side note, yesterday morning when I got thru work, it was my last. today I got a call from University hospital w/an offer that I accepted. :) fortunately, my dear co-worker who is my right arm and weekend buddy also got an offer. no more weekend program though; straight nights. :( that may cut into my melting time. LOL

*on a side note, yesterday morning when I got thru work, it was my last. today I got a call from University hospital w/an offer that I accepted. :) fortunately, my dear co-worker who is my right arm and weekend buddy also got an offer. no more weekend program though; straight nights. :( that may cut into my melting time. LOL

[smilie=th_blij81] Susan....yay! [smilie=th_slider_congratulation You used to work 12 hour shifts on Sat & Sun nites? So, you'll be working more hours now? Any chance they'll let U carry over your seniority, etc. from the old hospital..? [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Michele, I hope the snow plow shows up for you really soon!

Susan, that's wonderful news about the job offer, and how lovely that your co-worker/friend got one too! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr Is the new place further away from home, or no? I hope you love the change!

Sinfully Hot is cinnamon-y, so you might not care for it. Here's the description: "This potent spicy bouquet comes from the dried branches & twigs of the cassia tree. A strong cinnamon bark blend is followed by warm wood and sweet amber to create the ultimate spice scent." It's not something that would have grabbed me, but since Becky spoke so highly of it, I figured I'd give it a try. Worked out great for me, since I'm a cinnamon and spice lover.

I switched to Haley's Vanilla Bean. I'm testing some Haley tarts to see if I find a big winner here. If so, I may order some candles... Vanilla Bean is nice, but it's no Apple Orchard. [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Gail

found a CCCC long island pastry in the bottom of my basket :) put it in the LR melter.

yes, I love the woodsy/earthy part of that description; it's the hot cinnamony part that wouldn't grab me.

Gail, i will be working right at the same hospital I have for the past 5 yrs. only difference is that the University hospital bought our unit and will rent the floor from the hospital(if that makes sense). I am only 1.3 miles from work but it is up an incline all the way so i don't walk it(plus after 12.5 hrs, I'm already tired and don't like walking after dark); not to mention I would blow out a lung hauling myself up that big incline all the way. Now if I could take the dogs w/me that is a differnt story cuz u know...w/3 boys...they have to stop every 5 sec. to christen a tree, blade of grass, fire hydrant, etc. :)

sweet-yes, i worked those hrs so this will be 8 hr shifts 4 nights a week. no seniority to carry over... something new for me will be that we will be in a union. not awfully crazy about that but oh well.

Susan, that is great news! It is super that your buddy will still be there too.

We are going to get our snow tonight - but I bet nothing near what many of you have! (I hope!)

I am melting Creamy Pumpkin Vanilla / Things that Make Sense

Good Morning snowman_hearts2.gif

Melting Zucchini Strudel Bars from Crosscreek. I just turned the melter on a couple of minutes ago, so nothing yet.

The boys and I are going to go out and ice skate in a little while. Gotta work off all those cookies I've been indulging in!!!

Think I'll do a little tart and candle organization this afternoon.

Have a great day everyone! skatesmile2.gif

Aria, that Crosscreek blend sounds yummy. I remember your skating and was wondering if the boys had been taking to the ice on their vacay.

Trep, that yC Juicy grapefruit sounds so refreshing. I love grapefruit scent;so cleansing.

CCCC-It's a Noel holiday in 2 melters

CFTKR-Mystic Orange Moonstone in the br

have a great day, all. I have some ripe bananas and some buttermilk that is itching to mingle in a bread pan. we'll see if I get it done. :)

Susan, Great news on the job. I did not get a chance to buy the autumn scent from Slaktin's when I went in for the sale they were all out of it. But I did get some more of the cranberry woods.

Today melting from Better Homes & Garden Pumpkin spice and burning YC Italian Christmas Biscotti which I want to use up by the end of the month.

[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe Good Morning!

Susan~ Congrats on the job offer!!! It's also a plus that your friend is moving on with ya! Trep is right, change is stressful but I'm sure it'll feel like home again in no time.

Debra~ Enjoy the snow thats a-comin'!!!

Aria~ Have fun on the ice! Sounds like a great time!

Melting all Honey Gingerbread (LOL) in all the melters today... [smilie=th_smilies-2] [smilie=th_smilies-2] [smilie=th_smilies-2]

G'morning everyone.

We've barely begun to dry out. Our big regional park is closed due to flood damage. The river is starting to recede. And now it's raining again. [smilie=th_gif] It's windier than all get out. Whew... I feel better now. Thanks for letting me vent. [smilie=th_c032]

Melting Haley's Butternut Pumpkin, a perfect comfort scent for someone who's irritable. Hmm, who would that be? [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Gail