The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Christmas Time, Scents Sublime

LLVV, we had roast turkey dinner tonight too. Hubby doesn't eat pork so I always buy two turkeys @t-giving since they are a good price.

didn't want any heavy bakery since I am full. lol tonight it is;

CFTKR-Earthen Oak in the br

CCCC-Heart and Home

Can-do Deja' vu

enjoy your eve, all.

Merry Christmas.

Cranberry Marmalade from Crosscreek for this Christmas eve. I don't know what will be melting tomorrow, but I have a feeling this house will be a mass of wrapping paper, sweet treats, laughter and love.

If I can't check in tomorrow...Happy Christmas to you all.

Enjoy your families. Peace.

Merry Christmas!

Melting CFTKR Candy Cane star,Holiday Sparkle

Scentsationals Candy Cane

Wishing all of you a wonderful joyfull day!Enjoy!

Merry Christmas, everyone. enjoy your day w/family and friends.

CFTKR-maple pecan cornbread muffins in 2 melters

Earthen Oak still in the BR but will change it out w/some CCCC coconut milk and lavender here soon; that is my bedroom weekend 'work' scent.

Merry Christmas!

Hope everyone is having as lovely a morning with their families as they dreamed of.

Our kids actually let my husband and me sleep in til 8:00 am this morning! It must have taken very great amounts of self control, judging from the way they eventually tore into their presents.

I finally got to open up my CBV order that had been under the tree, and I love everything in there. Let's see... there was a candle sampler set of Lemon Pound Cake, Jelly Doughnut, Cheesecake, Fig Lychee, Berries and Cream, and Marshmallow Campfire. I also got a large jar of Coppertone (perfect for later this summer) and a large, 32 oz. kettle jar of Bathtime with Pooh. The antique-looking kettle has a wine and cheese motif on it that beautifully matches the rest of my decor in the kitchen and dining room. Scent shots included Asian Garden (a freebie), Line Dried Laundry-- at least that's what I think it was called, Elvis, and Iris and Fern. What a great present, even though it wasn't much of a surprise because I chose the scents. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Did any of the rest of you get wax for Christmas? Sure hope so!

Again, have a Merry Christmas and enjoy this special day!

hi all, hopping on before work.

Candlefan, I love Elvis both in SS and candle. mmm,not much for banana scents but mixed w/the pb, it is sooo good. that crock sounds lovely.

I usually put carol's fresh picked strawberries in the melters for hubby when I'm gone to work, as it is his favorite scent but he also loves the bakeries...he's commented when he has come in the door. :) so...I've got Carol's Christmas wish in two melters.

enjoy your evening w/family and friends. It's a big day for most w/lots of activity and tired eyes at the end of the day. :)

Candlefan - your CBV waxies sound so nice! You've got some good melting/burning ahead of U! [smilie=th_cc15]

Tunisianswife - It's probably bittersweet for U, but hope U have a good/positive weekend at work. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Trep - your new avatar is so pretty! :wub:

My morning melt was Cheryl's Christmas wish (good & strong!) and am ending the day with Nene's Gingerbread Latte.

I got a waxie for Christmas - Slatkins Vanilla Shortbread candle! [smilie=snoopy] It's not what I was expecting, not your typical Scottish Shortbread scent, I'm getting a little lemon-y sniff to it. Luv me some lemons, tho! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Hope you all had a peaceful, happy day - MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Hope everyone's enjoyed Christmas!

Melting:

YC holiday bayberry

YC Christmas Eve

Crosscreek Deck the halls

YC Christmas wreath

We had lunch at my brother's and then went to see "Little Fockers."

Good evening!

I hope that everyone had a great day! Our Christmas was very nice. It sounds like everyone on here so far has also had a great holiday.

I'm winding down with a piece of panettone that my mom gave us to take home. I love that stuff! When I was pregnant with DD every night at 3 am she'd wake me up and make me go downstairs for a big chunk of panettone and a gulp of fruit punch. I still can't believe that I'd wake up from a deep sleep craving panettone. I was so lucky that Costco started selling it in July or August.

Question: How are YC's scented tea lights? I know the unscented ones are great. I'm thinking of trying some since they are on sale and since I have a few tea light holders that don't get much use. I have 2 spots in the house that they'd be perfect in.

Tarts for today:

Blueberry Corn Muffin

Sugared Hollyberry

Candles:

Almond Cookie tea light from YC (only scent I ever bought in a tea light)

Holiday Sage

Italian Biscotti (sort of like a lemon sugar cookie...very different from the original Biscotti which I loved)

Christmas Tree

Ooops, I forgot to discuss the Slating candle wick issue I see some of you discussing.

Getting a Slatkin candle to burn good took me a little bit of practice. At first I was unhappy with the candle because of the drowning wicks, however I found a solution. For the first half of the candle the wicks will eventually get a dimmly lit wick or a drowing wick. When you see this happening, blow out the candle and let the wax solidify again. The wick will usually start to do this when the candle gets a full and deep wax pool. Before relighting, take a small snip off of the wick (just a tiny bit...not a lot like you'd do with a Yankee). This will fix it and the wicks will once again be bright. When the wick starts to drown a few hours later, redo the small wick trim. I've found that this stops being a problem once 50% of the candle is used up. I do this with the 3 wick ones. I do not care for the small single wick ones as they have other wick issues along with this one. I hope this helps some of you. My experience with Slatkin candles has been wonderful in spite of this. They have a great throw and look very classy and sleek.

Good Morning All! [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

Got my preserves finished and delivered to the neighbors.

Not too much to return or exchange this week so all is good!

Yesterday was relaxing and filling in "tummy" and soul! :)

This morning:

Melting:

Laura Ingall's Stocking from CYS..yum

Peppermint from BH&G

Burning:

Elf Farts from Angel Scented Candles

Expecting lots of snow...very excited! Enjoy your day everyone!

Good Morning, everyone--it is snowing lightly here and very cold but nothing too bad. This morning I have on Yankee Pineapple Citrus, Christmas Cupcake and Christmas Cookie. All the decorations are down and I have put out my Moose Lodge accessories and they look really cute. We have a very rustic type house so they fit in perfectly. Hope everyone has a good day. Tomorrow I am heading to the Yankee store to see what is going on there.

good morning, all.

wow Trep, you're good w/all the decorations down. only takes me a second when I do it; not much work removing a wreath from the door and a lit tree and candelabra in the window. :)

everyone sounds like they had a nice day yesterday and melting some good ones. that CYS Laura Ingall's stocking sounds interesting....those books were my favorite growing up; I was right on the prairie w/those girls! loved those books.

CFTKR-caramel apple praline in 2 melters

CCCC-cocomilk and lavender in the br...where I am headed here soon.

have a good day and enjoy your festivities.

Hi friends,

It sounds like everyone had a lovely Christmas. I'm so glad! [smilie=th_smilies-2] Thanks for all the sweet details of your day and your scents. I love reading about the gifts and holiday activities of my CF buddies.

We had a wonderful time as well. So fantastic having both of my kids here, and with three little granddaughters aged 3, 5, and 7, we had a ton of fun. [smilie=yes]

I started the morning with Can-Do's Country Inn. It wasn't my kind of scent so I switched to FM's Cinnamon Cider. Absurdly delicious. [smilie=th_giggle]

Gail

The blizzard has started on Long Island! Yippie! I love a great snowstorm. I'm planning on making a fire this afternoon along with some turkey noodle soup and bread. Yummers.

Tarts:

Blueberry Cornbread

Candles:

Almond Cookie tea light

Holiday Sage

Christmas Tree

Happy day after Christmas....

Our family had an amazing Christmas, it snowed a huge amount of snow and made it lots of fun to watch and play in too!! The kids enjoyed all their goodies from Santa and Mom and Dad!! The fun continues cause lots of family is still coming in!!

Melting LSC Magical Mistletoe and its a wonderful thrower!!

Enjoy the snow friends....Merry Merry [smilie=th_ecd36868]

LLVV - [smilie=th_1_bigone110] ...snow...homemade soup...fireplace going....great waxie scents...your day sounds just about perfect! [smilie=th_drinks]

We're thinking alike today Ellie! [smilie=th_clap1] I just put on Can-Do's Apple Jack & Peel. That scent always reminds me of Christmas. [smilie=th_00000020]

I am glad everyone enjoyed their Christmas Day. We had a wonderful holiday.

It is snowing like crazy here! We are in the midst of a blizzard. The roads are very icy and It is best to stay home. I love the luxury of a nice cozy day. All my kids are home so that makes it extra special. We are just relaxing here.

I am melting HOT Santa's Enchanted Forest, Can Do Christmas Cookies and Gourmet Soy Santa's Cookies. I am burning Haley's Mrs. Claus Candy Cane Cookies and YC Italian Christmas Biscotti.