The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

March Melting Madness...

Downstairs I am melting Autumn Spice from Crosscreek for the evening. Pink Sugar from Candle Haven is still going upstairs.

Started out with NeNe's Cake Batter in the kitchen - great scent, but it pretty much pooped out in about 3 hours. Instead of dumping it, I let the tea light go on and started up CHC's Hot Apple Pie in another burner. Then I finally did dump teh Cake Batter and started up CHC's Bear Claw just now.

YC's Greenhouse is in the living room and I have a White Barn Four Leaf Clover candle in the bathroom. I love that scent, but I do believe it is discontinued.

In the bedroom I have CHC's Birthday Cake and it's still going strong since around 2pm. This one has the most staying power for tarts today - nice scent too, but the best BD cake so far that I've had is from Candle Haven.

Guest Anonymous

Good evening, all - I was out most of the day but I still put on Pure Integrity's Herb Garden.....it did well and it was nice to walk into when I got home.....I wasn't in the mood for it now though so I just put on one of my favorites from CHC - Rosemary Mint. For some reason it seemed appropriate since I have had a Pork Roast in the crock pot all day - though I'm not usually in the habit of matching my tarts to my dinner :lol:

That's all I'm doing for the night, nothing upstairs - it's been a long day and I'm going to poop out early......

O.K. the cold throw on this one was nasty. But, I was curious this is not one I would ever think I would like but Lavendar Mint from aromasoy is good and exactly as it sounds. This would be really great in a bedroom if you weren't feeling up to par and wanted rest. I always give scents an optimum case scenario. Too Funny.

Cheryl

I went to BB&B today because I had zero tarts and just couldn't live another day without them. I only picked up five, but it will hold me over for a couple days. Tonight I put YC's Macintosh in the LR and Lemon Lavender in the bedroom. Ah, sweet tart relief!

Doris, how do you like Greenhouse? I tried it in the candle last year and it smelled too much like the plant and flower department of Home Depot to me, which is fine in small doses, but I found it tedious in a candle that burned for 150 hours!

Guest Anonymous

Jason, I'm glad you got a tart fix!

This morning, Orange Marmalade from Candle Dippers. MAMA'S Pink Sugar at work today.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day -

:lol:

Doris, how do you like Greenhouse? I tried it in the candle last year and it smelled too much like the plant and flower department of Home Depot to me, which is fine in small doses, but I found it tedious in a candle that burned for 150 hours!

Jason ~ I really like Greenhouse, and interestingly, I don't find it strong or overwhelming! I find it amazing how our noses all perceive differently. I have a difficult time tolerating many of the scents that are raved about, simply because they DO seem strong and overwhelming to me. Many florals are that way, although I love the smell of fresh flowers when I walk in the house.

I love Macintosh by the way, and Lemon Lavender is one of my mother's favorite scents. I like it too, but I find it very strong. We may all like tarts, but we are all different, that's for sure!

Guest Anonymous

Just put in Crosscreek's Tres Leche Cake. No opinion yet. The Pineapple Upside Down Cake did okay yesterday- great smell and throw but really kind of died out after about six hours. Hoping this one last longer.

how is the Can Do Coconut Cream Pie? I love a good coconut scent but have been burned so many times I hesitate to try any more. I have to say I've liked the vast majority of Can Do tarts I've tried --Is there a strong coconut smell or what? Thanks, Nancy

Nancy, I have also been very pleased with everything from Can-Do. Her scents are true amd throw well for hours. The longeavity of her tarts exceeds all, IMHO.

Coconut cream pie is a very nice scent. It is not sickingly sweet, but sweet enough to smell like a real pie ! I have been able to smell it throughout several rooms, too.

Pam

Good morning all! I had quite an evening last night...

About 4pm while I was making dinner I put in YC Vanilla Cupcake. Nice for about an hour, then it started to poop out. I don't know whether it's that particular scent or YC in general (this was my first order!) but I get almost no throw from these tarts! :P About 7pm I poured out the Vanilla Cupcake and plopped a Crosscreek Peach Cobbler into the warmer. Even that Peach Cobbler had very little throw! :? I grabbed another Vanilla Cupcake (I had purchased 10!) and dropped it into the Peach Cobbler to see if it would make a nice combination, and....alas...nothing. :?

So far I'm getting a nice scent but VERY little throw and longevity on Crosscreek, and the YC Vanilla Cupcake is simply a tease, nothing more. What good is a yummy scent when you can't smell it more than a foot away?? ARRGH!!

[smilie=th_create]

This morning in my office I'm starting Crosscreek's Cafe Brulot Cookies, so wish me luck on this one!!

Jewel

Guest Anonymous

I am melting Peaches and Brown Sugar from LOL. I started this one last night and my husband thought it smelled like cough syrup, but I really liked it! And, since he is at work, I am going to finish melting it! I think it almost smells like buble gum!

Cookie Jewel--what kind of burner are you using on your Vanilla Cupcake? I have melted many of them and they last a good 12 hours with a super strong throw. And with my high ceilings that is something, I can tell you. I use them in my 20 watt two piece electric plate burner or my tart tin on a 17 watt candle warmer. I have never had one that wasn't really strong and long lasting. Weird, huh?

Pam--thanks for letting me know about the Can Do Coconut Pie one--I will order it next time. I have an order coming today or tomorrow. I agree with you that her tarts are some of the longest lasting ones I've ever had. I sometimes let them harden up after one day and then run them a whole other day later on and they are just as good then. You can't say that with many of them, that's for sure. Guess I better go order some more, huh? Thanks again. Nancy

Just put Angie's Vanilla Hazelnut Coffee in the kitchen melter. I'll change out the rest later on.

Guest Anonymous
Nancy, I have also been very pleased with everything from Can-Do. Her scents are true amd throw well for hours. The longeavity of her tarts exceeds all, IMHO.

Boogie-ITA..I don't think I melted one dud from her! Definately one of my top runners! I am melting Candles,melts and more Key Lime and Cobblestone'sMojito(all of theses are FABULOUS) [smilie=th_create]