The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

March Melting Madness...

Guest Anonymous

Rembran, I have a pet boutique called Poochie Patootie. We sell clothes for dogs, dog collars, treats, beds, etc. My job is so much fun working with pets all day long. I sell the pet odor eliminator candles from Mccarleys. I wish they sold tarts wholesale, and I would change all my customers over to tarts.

I just love getting to bring my dogs to work with me!

It has been slow today so I have been playing on the computer all day!

[smilie=th_76d65c2f]

karla

Just got home from the mall. I got a new Yankee 14 watt burner that they were just unpacking--good for me as they just gave me one in a box. I had seen it on line for the first time this morning and was looking for it when I got to the store. We will see how it does. It is pretty--Herb Garden is what it is called and you can see it at the Yankee website. I put a YC Boo Nilla Tart in it and upstairs I have Cobblestone Banana Pudding --love both of these. Well, I am tired from all my shopping. Have a great evening all.

Guest Anonymous

Trep - You will have to let us know how you like the new burner. I have been looking at that one on the website also. I am curious if the YC 14w will melt YC tarts. You would think it would, but I seem to remember that someone was having a problem with theirs.

I just put in one of my alltime faves...YC rhubarb plum,,,sadly it's been discontinued. I got a YC coupon for 15.00 off a 45.00 purchase. I think I'll buy some of the new scents to try this weekend! [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Guest Anonymous

Tobe, I have two YC 14W tart melters and they melt YC tarts without any problem. The only tarts I have had any trouble with in those melters is Can-Do. HTH.

Just got home from the mall. I got a new Yankee 14 watt burner that they were just unpacking--good for me as they just gave me one in a box. I had seen it on line for the first time this morning and was looking for it when I got to the store. We will see how it does. It is pretty--Herb Garden is what it is called and you can see it at the Yankee website. I put a YC Boo Nilla Tart in it and upstairs I have Cobblestone Banana Pudding --love both of these. Well, I am tired from all my shopping. Have a great evening all.

That is beautiful, trep. I have a couple of YC electric 14w melters. They are very sturdy and nice looking. Enjoy your new one... [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

That is a gorgeous burner and just my style!

I will be passing by a big Yankee store tomorrow on my way to my case... I surely don't need another burner... I do not NEED another burner... but I want another burner....

I wish I coudl find one that matches my kitchen. I haven't been successful yet. I'm looking for something that will go with a nice medium blue and yellow pattern - Pfaltzgraff Summer Breeze if anyone is familiar with that.

Any suggestions of hidden out of the way places to look? I've been to all the better known ones online....

Tonight it's my last Amish Quilt from Crosscreek upstairs - I need to restock - and Autumn Pear downstairs. Am loving them both. Now if I could just manage not to spill them tomorrow I'll be ahead of the game!

:)

ETA: The throw on both of these is amazing and they're not half melted yet...hooray!

[smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Good evening, everyone. Woke up today with an upset stomach and put on a tart this morning, which prompted an unfortunate regurgitation. Was in bed the rest of the day, but woke up feeling much better this evening. I think it might have been some cheesecake I ate last night. Anyhoo, tonight I put on a couple of tarts and they smell great and I haven't rushed to the bathroom yet! I have on Crosscreek's Ginger Noel Cookies in the bedroom and LOL's Spiced Apple Cake in the living room.

Guest Anonymous
Rembran, I have a pet boutique called Poochie Patootie. We sell clothes for dogs, dog collars, treats, beds, etc. My job is so much fun working with pets all day long. I sell the pet odor eliminator candles from Mccarleys. I wish they sold tarts wholesale, and I would change all my customers over to tarts.

I just love getting to bring my dogs to work with me!

It has been slow today so I have been playing on the computer all day!

[smilie=th_76d65c2f]

karla

How cool is that!! I haven't been in a pet boutique before. I bet that is a super fun job!

Have you asked them if they would wholesale to you? If not it is worth asking. I think that would be fabulous for both of you.

Jason, your posts are never boring. You'll probably always associate the scent you were melting this morning with being sick! Glad to hear you're feeling better.

This evening I am melting Candle Haven Spiced Cranberry.

I'm glad you're feeling better, Jason. Yeah, you'll probably always associate that scent with being sick. I know I'll always associate bacon cheeseburger hamburger helper with morning sickness. Yuck. LOL!

Anyway, I'm melting crispy macapple from aroma soy, and it smells marvelous!

Guest Anonymous

Jason, I am glad you're feeling better.

I came home mid-day and changed out the living room burner to Bella's Lavender & Coconut Milk. It's still going strong, and think I'll leave it alone. I am using the brittle.

Melting Vanilla Dreamz from Cozy Moments. Yummy. I have been on the search for a good vanilla scent, and I am liking this one so far.

The Tomato Vine from BeccaLights is doing fine in the guest bedroom. I think it needed a more confined space to do it's magic. It is scenting up that room quite nicely, but it has a bit of a perfumey smell. I think next time, I'm going to mix it with something to cut that perfumey smell.

Blueberry Cheesecake from Candle Haven. It's OK. Not one of my re-order scents from there.

Independent was still going strong at the office, and someone requested I keep it going today. It's a clean, almost laundry like scent to me. Nice, but I'm ready to dump it. Tomorrow it goes, protests or not, LOL.

Cyn ~

That independent scent sounds like something I would like. Where did you get it again?

Also ~ I have also been on a search for the perfect vanilla. Of course, each of us could have something different in mind when we think of perfect vanilla~

However, I wanted to recommend 2 that I found that are pretty close to perfect with a great throw and longevity. They are Vanilla on Steroids by AromaSoy and NeNe's Creamy Vanilla. I know that I will be purchasing a stock of both of those when I do a reorder!

Guest Anonymous
Cyn ~

That independent scent sounds like something I would like. Where did you get it again?

Also ~ I have also been on a search for the perfect vanilla. Of course, each of us could have something different in mind when we think of perfect vanilla~

However, I wanted to recommend 2 that I found that are pretty close to perfect with a great throw and longevity. They are Vanilla on Steroids by AromaSoy and NeNe's Creamy Vanilla. I know that I will be purchasing a stock of both of those when I do a reorder!

DeeZee, I got Independent from here: http://www.mamascountryshed.com/. I am looking, though, and I don't see that scent choice listed. I'm wondering if she was running a special for President's Day. That's where I got Republican and Democrat, too.

Thanks for the vanilla scent recs. I have not tried either of those yet. I know I will be ordered from Grazia again soon.

ETA: OK, I see it in her drop down list. But it's with the wax heart tarts. I bought singles. http://www.mamascountryshed.com/store/WsDefault.asp?One=153

Guest Anonymous

Again I'm so impressed with Home Interiors candle. It burned so clean, and the wick self trimmed. Very strong which is hard to believe with only one wick.

Tonight I put a cupcake tart in my warmer from a company off ebay, and I thought it would be a bakery fragrances, but it is perfumy. icky!!

Jason, Hope you feel better, and Thank You for the email finally! LOL Now I can give you these Autumn leaves that I don't like, and you do!

Rembran, I already asked her if she would sell the tarts to me wholesale to sale in my boutique, and she said No. :( She wants that to be just for her retail customers so she can sell on ebay.

Pet boutiques do not like the competition of ebay because it hurts our business so much. If she doesn't sell tarts to us then we are not going to complain about the compition. Does that make since? Most of the vendors I buy my collars, dog clothes etc. from will not let you sell on ebay because it cheapens their products they say. We want to have products that you can't find just anywhere.

I thought about asking someone to sell me tarts wholesale to sell at my store, but they wouldn't have the odor eliminator in them that I want for my customers. Oh well

[smilie=th_76d65c2f]

karla

karla- Years ago I used to be a Home Interiors rep and they have the best Apple Pie scent ever. I have never found one even close to it. I don't burn candles anymore, but when I did I sure went through a lot of them and never had a dud. They burn clean and even and have a good scent throw.

Guest Anonymous

Rembran, I already asked her if she would sell the tarts to me wholesale to sale in my boutique, and she said No. :( She wants that to be just for her retail customers so she can sell on ebay.

Pet boutiques do not like the competition of ebay because it hurts our business so much. If she doesn't sell tarts to us then we are not going to complain about the compition. Does that make since? Most of the vendors I buy my collars, dog clothes etc. from will not let you sell on ebay because it cheapens their products they say. We want to have products that you can't find just anywhere.

I thought about asking someone to sell me tarts wholesale to sell at my store, but they wouldn't have the odor eliminator in them that I want for my customers. Oh well

[smilie=th_76d65c2f]

karla

I don't ever go on eBay. I think eBay is evil. lol Maybe you can approach a tart vendor and ask if they would be interested in doing that for you. I am sure if you are going to get them new business they may be up to making a specialty tart for you. You never know.

Sorry that the particular place you love isn't offering. :(

Do you have an online website for your store? I have a friend in california who loves to buy special items for her lab.

Guest Anonymous
karla- Years ago I used to be a Home Interiors rep and they have the best Apple Pie scent ever. I have never found one even close to it. I don't burn candles anymore, but when I did I sure went through a lot of them and never had a dud. They burn clean and even and have a good scent throw.

Is that the one that smells like cinnamon?? I think that is the one I am talking about that I love. I'll have to check. It's on top of my kitchen cabinets with a ceramic topper on it. lol

Guest Anonymous

I used to buy Home Interior candles. Blueberry was one of my favorites. I think that's why I buy blueberry tarts when trying out a company...I'm comparing it to that candle, LOL. The jars I had were beautiful, too.

I had tried the Apple Pie and it was so very yummy. I have some Strawberries & Cream votives from years ago that I found. I've recently put them in my votive holders in the master bath, lit them, and still got such a wonderful scent and throw. I'm down to 3 of those now, boo-hoo.

I had a bunch of old Gardenia pillars, too. Threw those out because they were getting too dusty/dingy, but they still smelled great cold.

Gosh, this is making me want to find a Home Interiors rep!

ETA: I'll put on Blueberry Cheesecake from Candle Haven today. Time to change out Bella's Lavender & Coconut Milk - probably substitute for her Lemon Pound Cake. Finish up Kudzu from Candle Haven.

At work, Independent is going to be replaced by Republican.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!