The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

March Melting Madness...

Cookie Jewel--what kind of burner are you using on your Vanilla Cupcake? I have melted many of them and they last a good 12 hours with a super strong throw. And with my high ceilings that is something, I can tell you. I use them in my 20 watt two piece electric plate burner or my tart tin on a 17 watt candle warmer. I have never had one that wasn't really strong and long lasting. Weird, huh?

Trep, the funny thing is I've done the Vanilla Cupcake in two different burners! I have my tealight burner in my office, and the electric in my living room is a 20w. I don't know what it is! [smilie=th_create] Still don't know if YC is all paraffin, that might have something to do with it. I honestly don't get much from all paraffin, that's one of the reasons that I probably won't order from Can Do again. I get 3 hours max before I start smelling wax and I only have 7'10" ceilings! (I know the exact meaurements due to ceiling fan installation in nearly every room! :P

Jewel

Guest Anonymous
Cookie Jewel--what kind of burner are you using on your Vanilla Cupcake? I have melted many of them and they last a good 12 hours with a super strong throw. And with my high ceilings that is something, I can tell you. I use them in my 20 watt two piece electric plate burner or my tart tin on a 17 watt candle warmer. I have never had one that wasn't really strong and long lasting. Weird, huh?

Trep, the funny thing is I've done the Vanilla Cupcake in two different burners! I have my tealight burner in my office, and the electric in my living room is a 20w. I don't know what it is! [smilie=th_create] Still don't know if YC is all paraffin, that might have something to do with it. I honestly don't get much from all paraffin, that's one of the reasons that I probably won't order from Can Do again. I get 3 hours max before I start smelling wax and I only have 7'10" ceilings! (I know the exact meaurements due to ceiling fan installation in nearly every room! :P

Jewel

Yankee is all paraffin.....

Cookie - I feel your pain! I have had several in a row lately that I have had to stand above to smell. Odd when it happens, one after another!

You all must melt one for me today - my bulb burned out on my work melter, and there is no replacement on hand!! I am starting to shake and have sweats already! [smilie=th_create]

Counting down the hours until I get home.......

Guest Anonymous

Melting Mommas Soy cherry lemonade downstairs, and China Rain from the Tart Shack upstairs.....

Oh my, we have a winner....... [smilie=th_u51] I've been melting Crosscreeks Cafe Brulot Cookies for over four hours now, and it's so yummy! Great scent and throw on this one. This is the description from the website:

Café Brulot Cookies-buttery notes of cookie dough; brown sugar, pecans, dark coffee, cinnamon & cloves..simply delish!

This one is a definite reorder!

[smilie=th_moredrama]

Jewel

Guest Anonymous

That's great Jewel. I am glad you were able to find one in your order that you like. Hopefully, you will find more as you melt them.

Guest Anonymous

Café Brulot Cookies-buttery notes of cookie dough; brown sugar, pecans, dark coffee, cinnamon & cloves..simply delish!

This one is a definite reorder!

[smilie=th_moredrama]

Jewel

Cafe Brulot from Crosscreek is one of my faves!! Glad you found a keeper!!

Today I have:

Aurora's Kisses Blackberry Tea,

The Tart Shack Fresh Baked Bread,

Crosscreek Brunch in the Hamptons,

Crosscreek Brown Sugar and Fig.

Tonight I think it'll be Scones and Cinnamon Butter from Crosscreek - the first time for this scent for me. It smells great cold!

This morning I was in a hurry and sloshed my melted Apple Crisp tart from last night all over the bathroon floor as I was trying to dump it. [smilie=th_moredrama] There's nothing like trying to scrape up wax with the pancake turner at 6:30 a.m.!!

Had to immediately pop in one of my Candle Haven melts since the order just came~ Since I have been melting coconut type scents, I settled on Coco-Mint Frost: Coconut cream pie with peppermint .

[smilie=th_moredrama] Smells great so far after only five minutes in the melter.

Tonight I think it'll be Scones and Cinnamon Butter from Crosscreek - the first time for this scent for me. It smells great cold!

This morning I was in a hurry and sloshed my melted Apple Crisp tart from last night all over the bathroon floor as I was trying to dump it. [smilie=th_u51] There's nothing like trying to scrape up wax with the pancake turner at 6:30 a.m.!!

Fun morning... [smilie=th_moredrama] hopefully you will have a better time melting this evening... :lol:

This morning I was in a hurry and sloshed my melted Apple Crisp tart from last night all over the bathroon floor as I was trying to dump it. [smilie=th_u51] There's nothing like trying to scrape up wax with the pancake turner at 6:30 a.m.!!

I totally understand how aggravating that was for you, and I bet you weren't even fully awake yet [smilie=th_moredrama] when it happened. Bummer. Hope the rest of your day is better.

Guest Anonymous
Had to immediately pop in one of my Candle Haven melts since the order just came~ Since I have been melting coconut type scents, I settled on Coco-Mint Frost: Coconut cream pie with peppermint .

[smilie=th_moredrama] Smells great so far after only five minutes in the melter.

Okay, that scent just struck me - sounds FANTASTIC!

jewel--your nose must just like soy better. I have lots of trouble smelling the soy ones at times,especially from certain vendors that seem to use the same underlying wax if you know what I mean. Paraffin hardly ever causes me trouble which is why Yankee and Can Do are my favorites--they just last and last for me and fill the house. Bizzy B's soy, Beanpod and a couple of other soy companies are the only soy ones I can ever get any good out of . Isn't it weird how our noses could all be so different? Anyway, sorry about the duds--it's so disappointing when you get something all melted and then nothing. [smilie=th_moredrama]

dabba--I have the worst luck if I use tealight burners with my Yankee--isn't that strange? I just marvel at how we all have different experiences with things. What one of us swears by the others think is junk and vice versa. We surely are all different. I guess whatever works for each of us is what we better do. Ha!!

Guest Anonymous

Melting Blueberry in both melters from McCarleys..Just gave my dogs a bath and no wet dog smell!! I LOVE this company!!! [smilie=th_moredrama]

Guest Anonymous

Melting Pink Lemonade from Bella's, it just started so no throw yet. I also ordered from Can Do today since everyone seems to love those too!

:P Smells great so far after only five minutes in the melter.

This is one of my absolute favorites from Candle Haven. As soon as I'm done trying all of the scents that are on my "wish list" then I am going to order this in the largest quantity she offers!

Guest Anonymous

I am melting banana pudding from crosscreek. I got the large 2 oz tart and boy it is huge.

I love banana scents. A friend of mine is making tarts as well and she made a creation of Banana with mallow. It is wonderful. :P