The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

March Melting Madness...

Good Morning everyone, I am melting Because I'm the princess's Kona Kais Love shack.

This is a new vendor for me, a soy /beeswax blend..they are larger than normal size tarts..same size as LOL'S..this is half way melted and already filling my living room..She also offers single tarts and charges exact shipping...and offers a sampler pack..

She also offers a para soy blend for her melts.

I will be placing another order...GREAT STUFF here.

http://www.becauseimtheprincess.com/Store/Default.asp

Good Morning everyone, I am melting Because I'm the princess's Kona Kais Love shack.

This is a new vendor for me, a soy /beeswax blend..they are larger than normal size tarts..same size as LOL'S..this is half way melted and already filling my living room..She also offers single tarts and charges exact shipping...and offers a sampler pack..

She also offers a para soy blend for her melts.

I will be placing another order...GREAT STUFF here.

http://www.becauseimtheprincess.com/Store/Default.asp

Sounds good once I melt down some of the stash!!!

I am not melting this morning. I have some early commitments. I will melt later... :)

Guest tammye

Today I am melting Midnight Pomegranate from Candle Haven. Just started so don't know how it will do but the cold smell is really good.

Today I am finishing up Madura from CCS in the kitchen, Bella's Lemon Curd in the living room, Tulip from Mama's here in the comp room and trying another lemon sugar tart in my tea light warmer in the bath from Crosscreek, but still got getting any real scent.

Have a nice day everyone.

Guest Anonymous

I am melting Plumeria from CHC. It doesn't throw far but does smell yummy.

Okay, I am ready to melt today. I just popped in Cottage Hill's Dreamysicle and Vanilla Heaven. Too early to tell the throw, but I will let them go for awhile. In my experience, the CHC tarts get better the longer they are on. It takes them awhile to get going even though they melt fast. :)

Good morning all, Aroma Soy's Buttery Rich Sugar Cookies is melting away in my office. Lighter than I expected, but it's only been on for an hour so I should give it time! :P

Karla, have you ever approached a tart vendor about 'sharing' your space? You approached that vendor about selling wholesale to you, but what about simply setting up a very nice display with her products that feature the odor control, melting them in the boutique (for free of course) and displaying her information? She gets free advertising and you get free tarts to melt in the boutique, and it can lead to increased foot traffic as well.

When I was in marketing a few years ago I helped a new restaurant that was very low on 'extra' capital open their doors. They wanted cozy and homey decor, but couldn't afford much. I approached area antique stores, who agreed to furnish antique hoosier cabinets, kitchen items, wall ornaments, etc. These antiques were displayed all over the restaurant giving it an 'old time' feel which is exactly what they wanted. In exchange, there was a discreet sign that said 'ABC Antiques' and a phone number right on the cabinet or the wall item. The antique stores got free advertising and display, the restaurant got free decor. Win win situation!

Anyway, just a thought...forgive me for rambling! :shock:

:)

Jewel

tobe and any others who were wondering--my new Yankee burner is a total bust and will be returned tomorrow. It has a black heating plate and my other 14 watt Yankee one has a shiny one and that must be the difference as the shiny one melts the tarts and this one doesn't. I had a Yankee tart in it for over an hour--it barely melted at all and what had melted on the bottom when it pushed itself up then rehardened. So today I decided to put the tart tin on it as I still like how it looks and thought maybe this would work. It still took an hour to melt but finally it did. However, no scent throw at all. So back it goes. I was advised by the manager at our Yankee store to write and tell them about wattages, etc and he put in a complaint also. I received a reply stating they would look into it. Anyway, this is my experience and I hate it as it is a really cute burner to look at but useless as a tart burner.

tobe and any others who were wondering--my new Yankee burner is a total bust and will be returned tomorrow. It has a black heating plate and my other 14 watt Yankee one has a shiny one and that must be the difference as the shiny one melts the tarts and this one doesn't. I had a Yankee tart in it for over an hour--it barely melted at all and what had melted on the bottom when it pushed itself up then rehardened. So today I decided to put the tart tin on it as I still like how it looks and thought maybe this would work. It still took an hour to melt but finally it did. However, no scent throw at all. So back it goes. I was advised by the manager at our Yankee store to write and tell them about wattages, etc and he put in a complaint also. I received a reply stating they would look into it. Anyway, this is my experience and I hate it as it is a really cute burner to look at but useless as a tart burner.

Bummer Nancy, they have such cute warmers but the wattage is too low for me, but have a couple tealight burners I will be looking at this weekend there.

trep, I looked at the YC melter that I have. It has the metal plate (it melts most tarts). I do have a 14w melter from CHC that has a black plate. That one seems to melt most tarts (some things take longer as does the YC 14w). I think the size of the plate has something to do with the melt too.

I hope you find a nice pretty melter to replace the dud... :)

Guest Anonymous

Trep sorry about your new burner.

Toberetired, did you ever get the little crock pot? How do you like it? I have 5 of them, and love them. They have so much room if it starts to not be strong enought I put in a few more tarts, and it starts up again!

Cyn, Yes we have to find a Home Interior rep. The candles are fantastic!!

I have on Butter cookies on in the store, and lit the Carrot cake in the bathroom again from Home Interiors.

karla

Guest Anonymous

CookieJewel - That is a fantastic ideal! Thank you!

karla

Had to change out my earlier selections. Scent throw was good, scents were just not doing it for me today (popped them out, will try another day). I just put on CHC's Hummingbird Cake and Candy Corn (using up some old stash!!!)... I will probably melt a couple of scents today. I am home for the afternoon, time to experiment...how many scents can I melt in a day? :?

Guest Anonymous

Just changed them out.

Nene's Watermelon Bellini

Jen's Soy Creations Pink Bubblicious

Crosscreek Blueberries and Cream

Jade Candles Fruit Loops

Guest Anonymous

Downstairs melting Can Do Mimi's House. Love this one.

Upstairs melting Can Do Peppermint Spa, also nice and Crosscreek Wrought Iron. No opinion on that one yet since I just put it on.

Bathroom Can Do Angel Food Cake. Really like this one. Had mixed results with Can Do but would reorder all three I am melting today.

Downstairs melting Can Do Mimi's House. Love this one.

Upstairs melting Can Do Peppermint Spa, also nice and Crosscreek Wrought Iron. No opinion on that one yet since I just put it on.

Bathroom Can Do Angel Food Cake. Really like this one. Had mixed results with Can Do but would reorder all three I am melting today.

I like Angel Food Cake, but I have had a hard time finding one with a good throw. Some of them also have too much of an almond smell for me. I am glad to hear that this Can Do one is good. They are on my "to try" list.

Guest Anonymous

Karla - I think I like the idea of the pot but the one I have has a hump in the bottom and the only part that heats is the hump so the tart melts down the sides of the hump and hardens between the hump and the side of the pot. I scraped all of the hard stuff out and now just put a Can Do tin on the hump and it works great!!