The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

March Melting Madness...

I had Tuscaderos Gramma's Kitchen going in my office this morning, but I've already put it out after one tealight. It was OK, but had some weird spice that wasn't agreeing with me. Allspice? Nutmeg? Not sure, but one of Gramma's ingredients was working against the finished dish in my opinion! [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

Just got my Yankee Candle order in today and opened one of my TEN Vanilla Cupcake tarts, and it's just started to melt. I hope you all are right that this is a fabulous fragrance, I don't know what possessed me to buy 10! Also got the Mandarin Cranberry and the Sage & Citrus, along with Pumpkin Pie. I used to buy the Pumpkin Pie YC candle years ago, so I know I like this one, but the others are new to me!

Jewel

Guest Anonymous

I am currently melting one of my least favorite vendors back to back to get them out of the way..LOL [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

I am currently melting one of my least favorite vendors back to back to get them out of the way..LOL [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

You could play Mad Scientist and make all kinds of new blends if you want to be bold! C'mon....Pink Sugar Pumpkin? Lavender Bear Claw? Mandarin Moonspice??

:lol:

Jewel

Guest Anonymous

Democrat, Independent, and Republican - all from MAMA'S Country Shed.

Guest Anonymous

Melting Rosegirls Strawberry Rhubarb. It's a dumper. I guess that scent combo is not my cup of tea or slice of pie I should say. I smell something in the background, it may just be me but it is weird for sure. I think I will throw in some of NeNe's Lemon Blueberry Loaf. I like the smell of that cold. Have a good night.

Guest Anonymous

Jewel..LOL..Actually I was putting scents together but they are still DUDS.. Just stinkier ones... [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

I still have aroma soy's vanilla coconut going, this will be my next candle purchase..I am glad I have a few more of these in melts to tide me over:)

I was hoping this would be in my grab bag. It wasn't so she is on my reorder list!

I have a melt going from Pure Integrity -- First Bloom. It's a floral scent that I read a lot of reviews on prior to trying. People who normally don't like florals said they love it. I just don't think florals are for me (except maybe a good lilac) so I don't know if I would reorder. It is super strong though -- traveled clear through to our bedroom on the other side of our apartment.

Happy melting!

Cyn, these are actually names of scents? I will have to search out their website. I have to read the scent descriptions!

Well, tonight I am finally melting my last tart, but it's a good one! Shortbread Cookie! I caved and took up a couple of offers from the very generous and lovely ladies of Candlefind (sounds like a calendar). I will have to go to YC tomorrow to get a couple of tarts to tide me over though. I also have my Cinnabon candle burning in tandem with the tart in the LR and can actually kind of smell it tonight. Good night, all!

[smilie=th_76d65c2f] Got my huge box of goodies from Texas Scentsations today. They are just wonderful on the cold smell. I cannot wait to try each one. I was so amazed by the size and price of her spray perfume. I got it in Chocolate Amber and I am in love with it all over again.

I decided to try all new things first off. I did order some tried and trues but these are all

new. In the kitchen much earlier today I put on the Pomegranate Lime. This has the slight sweetness of the pomegranate and then the lime kicker. I decided to try on my weakest burner which is 14 watts and I usually don't expect great things but it works well in my kitchen. It is now 8 hours later and there is still scent and still throw from one small heart. this will do big time in my living room. Speaking of that room, I just put on Lime Margarita. Now if you want a true puckery lime with the Margarita kick this is for you. It has barely gotten warm and there is no doubt what it is. This will be a staple. In the comp room I just put on Raspberry Patchouli and it has only begun to melt. I will tell you that just from picking up the wax my hand was fully scented. I still have some other new ones such as Buttercream, Banana Colada, Apple Martini, Verbena Bamboo which I asked her for, Verbena Berry, Storm Watch, Coconut Bay Rum, Summer Sorbet, Raspberry Napoleon, Mulberry and Spiced Apple, Lemon Sugar, to try along with some of my staples.

This is going to be so enjoyable.

i know right now a reorder on some of these is coming.

Guest Anonymous

Cyn, these are actually names of scents? I will have to search out their website. I have to read the scent descriptions!

Well, tonight I am finally melting my last tart, but it's a good one! Shortbread Cookie! I caved and took up a couple of offers from the very generous and lovely ladies of Candlefind (sounds like a calendar). I will have to go to YC tomorrow to get a couple of tarts to tide me over though. I also have my Cinnabon candle burning in tandem with the tart in the LR and can actually kind of smell it tonight. Good night, all!

Jason, they are the actual names. I thought they were fun names, so gave them a try. I wasn't able to fully evaluate them, so I'm going to try again with them later today.

Slpit, your order sounds wonderful! I just got a notice that my order should be shipping on the 5th. I am so excited!

Guest Anonymous
I am currently melting one of my least favorite vendors back to back to get them out of the way..LOL [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

You must be brave. lol I can't even bring myself to melt the ones from my least faves. I either toss them or give them away to people who like them.

I can't remember if I posted my night night tarts or not. I ended the night with a pot of chocolate truffle coffee and melted a Mookie Baked Apple Pie.

I need to change all my burners out again tomorrow and start fresh.

That is my challenge for March. To burn new tarts every day instead of leaving them in until they die. lol

Guest Anonymous

I HAD to..I was hoping to find a diamond in the rough especially since this was another highly rec. vendor(not Crosscreek)...No such luck! I will only toss if I absolutely hate..I'm afraid to send those to other people for obvious reasons...LOL [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Guest Anonymous

Good morning.

Blue Like Jazz from CYS.

I'm going to take my MAMA's order to work, because my stash there is getting low. I'll melt Independent today.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

I have the Summertime tart from Bella going this morning. I had this on last night and got some family comments. They wanted to know if I had bubble gum wax on (not really a comment about whether they liked it or not, just commenting about the type of scent). Then my son wanted to know why we have to have "scents" in the house and my husband said "yeah". Oh boy... they are pretty good most of the time. This tart was pretty strong. They did not say turn it off, but I think my family prefers more subtle throws. This is a really fun scent. I will re-order this one for summer, when the windows are open. It is fresh and fun at the same time, pretty strong too.

Guest Anonymous
I have the Summertime tart from Bella going this morning. I had this on last night and got some family comments. They wanted to know if I had bubble gum wax on (not really a comment about whether they liked it or not, just commenting about the type of scent). Then my son wanted to know why we have to have "scents" in the house and my husband said "yeah". Oh boy... they are pretty good most of the time. This tart was pretty strong. They did not say turn it off, but I think my family prefers more subtle throws. This is a really fun scent. I will re-order this one for summer, when the windows are open. It is fresh and fun at the same time, pretty strong too.

Fleur - I'm waiting for the day when the family asks me to stop with the scents. They tolerate it at this point and I've only had a couple of comments on 'bad' scents along the way. I'm starting to learn to save the super strong scents for during the week when I'm home alone and the lighter ones especially when my husband is home......

momuvtwo, I definitely do more melting when I am working at home alone. My son is probably the most sensitive to "smells", but my husband and daughter will chime in when they do not like a scent. My son will usually go and turn the melter off if it is too much for him. The other two just tell me it stinks...

I think they liked the Summertime. It was just a bit intense. Maybe I could put 1/4 of the tart on next time...