The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

March Melting Madness...

Guest Anonymous

Spiced apples & peaches from Candle Haven, with a chunk of Nene's Cinnamon Vanilla thrown in to soften the scent a bit. Yum!

Guest Anonymous

Melting Crosscreek Pineapple Upside down Cake this morning. THis one is a YUM and one of the better ones from my order so far. Hopefully it will last awhile also.

Guest Anonymous
momuvtwo, I definitely do more melting when I am working at home alone. My son is probably the most sensitive to "smells", but my husband and daughter will chime in when they do not like a scent. My son will usually go and turn the melter off if it is too much for him. The other two just tell me it stinks...

I think they liked the Summertime. It was just a bit intense. Maybe I could put 1/4 of the tart on next time...

I figure I have my 'argument' ready if they ever ask me to stop scenting (which is why they probably leave me alone about it now, they must know) - It's my little 'something for me.' I'm a stay-at-home/work-at-home mom so my entire life pretty much happens here and nowhere else. Which is fine, I chose this, BUT my scents sort of allows me to change the ambiance and the mood whenever I feel like it since I don't get much change of scenery as it ..... Hope I never have to say all of that, but I'm prepared nonetheless [smilie=th_76d65c2f] I do try to keep their tastes in mind though when they're around and will continue to do that. My husband works long hours and on the weekends and really isn't home much anyway so if I were asked to not burn or melt at least while he was here, it wouldn't be that hard to do I guess......

Oh, today is a rare day that I won't be home all day so I'm not sure I"ll waste the wax - or, I"ll put something on taht I don't love just to have something going. It's almost impossible for me to have NOTHING at all going now! lol

I'm a busy melter this morning. I've got orange glazed cinnamon buns from pure indulgent in my kitchen, caribbean from the mississippi mama in my computer room, a strawberry kiwi mainstays candle in my bedroom, and strawberry butter cookie from nene's in my living room.

Guest Anonymous

I am actually burning candles today. In the bedroom, I have cotton candy by Classic Candles going and in the Kitchen I have Christmas Kitchen by Classic Candles. The cotton candy is REALLY strong and the x-mas kitchen is just starting up, so hopefully it will be a good one too. If you guys have not tried Classic Candles, you really should, they are nice, good scents and throw and verry clean burning. Happy Tuesday [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Amish Harvest from Tuscadero's, a "go to" scent for me. When I'm having trouble deciding what to melt I can always pop in an Amish Harvest (doesn't matter what vendor).

Cleaned out the tart basket. I found a few Bizzy B's tarts. I am melting Gourmet Sugar Cookie/Chocolate Sugar Cookie. I like this one. It is mostly sugar cookie with the chocolate cookie chunks, so it is a mellow chocolate, just like cookies baking in the oven... [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

I just started cream cheese frosting from momma's soy tart mart in my living room. There's no throw as of yet, but I just started it a couple of minutes ago. It does smell just like cream cheese frosting cold, though. Yum. It's a good thing I don't have a cake mix in the house, or I'd just have to bake something. LOL!

Guest Anonymous

I have on lemon lime vanilla, and it smells awsome!!!

[smilie=th_76d65c2f]

karla

I'm finishing up my YC Vanilla Cupcake in my office right now, it's on about it's 6th hour and pooping out. Throw on this isn't as strong as I expected, but the fragrance is nice! I'm going to swap it out for a new one here in a second, but I have go to the Treasure Chest and choose! :P

Last night I melted my first Crosscreek, it was the Frosted Sugar Cookie. FABULOUS scent, decent throw, but it really only lasted for about three hours. Longer than that I had to be right over it to smell it. Oh well, if I don't get as much longevity out of them I'm ok with it, I'm more concerned with the authenticity of the scent and the throw.

Have a great day everyone!

[smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Jewel

Well, I dumped the momma's cream cheese frosting. It smelled like burnt popcorn when it melted. Yuck! This is actually the first tart I've ever dumped, as I typically like most scents.

I exchanged it for buttercream from essential pleasures. Hopefully this one will be better.

Guest Anonymous

Just changed out the burners.

Jade Candles Blueberry Muffin

Tarts Galore Mountain Air

Tarts Galore Oatmeal Raisin Cookie

Mookie Jack Frost

None are going yet. Just put them in. I had the oatmeal raisin cookie started last night but didn't leave it on long enough so I'll use that one again today.

Today I am meltimg MacIntosh Apple from House of Soy. I am liking this company more and more with each scent I try. I love the fact that he has weekly specials, but what i am most impressed with was a posting he had on the site. One of his oils was no longer available and he had to try a new supplier. He opted to take the scent off the list until he can test and determine whether this would be a quality replacement. Very few do that.

In the living room I am melting Crosscreek's Orange Chiffon. It is doing pretty well and seems to have a good throw, but it just started. Yesterday i put on a Lemon Sugar when I got the package and I really could not detect a hot scent at all. That is almost unbelievable since it was lemon. I will give it another try in a few days. Her things seem hit and miss for me.

In the comp room I am melting Mama's Apple Jack and Peel. I used 1/2 yesterday in a smlaa tea light in the bathroom and I really enjoyed it. One of the better of this scent i have tried. You actually smell something besides apple. i do think I need to let these sit a bit, but definitely worth thinking about a reorder of more scents.

Haven't decided what else yet.

I am super late today getting on here--been gone all day. I had YC Black Raspberry on earlier today and now have Beanpod Lilac going upstairs and down. We are having a lovely day here. Just a few miles from us got 8" of snow this morning and we didn't get one flake. I was thrilled. The sun is out and I am enjoying that. You all have a nice evening.

:lol:

Guest Anonymous

Changing out the oatmeal raisin cookie. Not much coming out of it anymore.

Putting in a HoT Blueberry Danish Blast.

Heidi--I like it OK--not a favorite but I do like to melt it once in awhile. It has a rather sharp sour edge to it--not a sweet raspberry at all but enjoyable when I'm in the mood for it.

While I have you here--how is the Can Do Coconut Cream Pie? I love a good coconut scent but have been burned so many times I hesitate to try any more. I have to say I've liked the vast majority of Can Do tarts I've tried --Is there a strong coconut smell or what? Thanks, Nancy

Guest Anonymous

Okay, I changed more than the one out. lol I put a Jade Candles Blueberry muffin in the kitchen and I put a Tarts Galore Sex on the Beach in the half bath.

I'm burning baby. lol Gonna get through this stash.

Guest Anonymous

In my Candle Dippers order, I had two wickless candles. I'm putting one on now - Tangerine Tulips.

Also wanted to try my Little Candle Shop order. Blueberry Patch (tart) and Mulberry (candle) are going.

Hey everyone,

I am just finally melting my freebie from The Cobblestone. I had picked Caramelized Pralines and OMG.....................................................its totally awesome. Oh boy, I guess that screws up my plan about sticking to my favorite 5 vendors. Geez, I may have to place an order with them when I'm thru the 3/4 of my stash like I want. Believe me people, I have a ways to go and am very sad about it.

Now, I know alot of girls here are turning over a new leaf(with organizing and not hoarding and not ordering), but I have seen many a "tart lover" do this to just start all over again. Be careful girls. We all have our MOODS just stick with the one that makes you FEEL GOOD, whichever it may be. I happen to be lucky and left with only melts that I LOVE at this point, so I am not disappointed with my LOCKDOWN, just missing the "order itch". I'm fighting it though. I probably will NOT be ordering until early fall, just in time for nice cozy scents. I love melting AND ordering, just want to keep it manageable and sane. I don't have 2000 or 1000 melts, but we all know our own melting needs. I can't possibly blow thru 1000 melts ever before they go bad. I don't melt in all the rooms in my house. Only kitchen, livingroom or computer room and sometimes bedroom at the same time. So, I can't possibly use that many. BUT, I do have ALOT and I'm happy with what I have right now and able to wait. I always get rid of what HATE right away.

Gee, I'm babling...................sorry guys! Have a wonderful evening. I'm off to put the dishes in the dishwasher and get ready for American Idol. Ciao!

Guest Anonymous

I've got my free Cobblestone in Cucumber Melon going right now. this little guy has a pretty strong throw. Thumbs up for me that's for sure. I will order from Christopher again!