The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

November's Feast of Fragrances

SweetTart, you have to let everyone know that next year NO ONE is allowed to bail!!!! Or ELSE!!! muahaha.gifrotfl2.gif This is a fun place to visit, isn't it? You never know what the topic of the day will be....

Aria- You are too cute and funny. Hee hee! Darn those people. Hee hee! and yes fun place it is here.

LLVV- Oh my.. im so sorry to hear what you, your family and especialy your dad had to go through. I agree with everyone here saying that you have the whole support system here for you. Im sad for you and your dad. My thoughts and prayers goes to you and my dad. xoxo. [smilie=th_empathy]

SweetTart, thanks re this thread's title. Very kind of you to mention it. [smilie=th_sml29] It sounds like you've been having a rollicking good time lately. So glad to hear it! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr I would have loved to have seen that Avatar costume!

PuppyLove- [smilie=th_a194]

Aria- 300 T-o-T is alot!! Wow and i thought 100 was alot. I dont have any trick or treaters here as i live in a apartment and so there are none around here. I would love to help you out with those trick or treaters as i never had the experience to do that. I would love to see all the kids costume coming by and handing out candy. How fun.

Joan- CFTKR Sea Island Grapefruit is one of my fav! Love that one!

Well i also been experiencing the whole drowning wick thing with BBW candles lately and had to return all 3 candles back and i guess i was so turn off by it since it keeps happening to me that i didnt even want to exchange for another one. It makes me sad as i use to really love them. I duno why lately its been doing that with their candles. [smilie=th_cry2yw3]

On the brighter side, i stop by Micheal's arts and craft store to get some things and i came across them selling some tarts. A really nice surprise i would say and all though there were only 3 scents selection, they were only 70 cents. I just bought 1 to try in orange cranberry and they were not bad you guys. Nice scent with decent scent throw.

Recent melts:

YC Beach Walk

YC Juicy Watermelon

CFKTR Perfect Peach

and I mix YC Vineyard and YC Buttercream together that i saw on YC mixing scents list to make Grape Soda- it was not bad, fiance seem to like this ^_^

LLVV - I'm so sorry to read of your father's failing health. Hospice should have the drugs to ease his pain. I wish I had something to ease your pain, too. I'll keep you, your dad and family in my prayers. [smilie=group_hug]

I just wanted to let everyone know that my dad's situation has gotten bad and if you do not see me posting please don't boot me off. I think there is a posting requirement and right now I just don't have the energy to post what I'm melting. He was in the hospital last week for a pain crisis, was discharged today against his doctor's recommendation but the doctor still discharged him and then the shoe fell. He should of never been discharged and now his situation is bad as my mom cannot properly care for him due to his very limited mobility. She's frazzled and in denial, I'm just frazzled and sick to my stomach, and my dad is in worse shape than when he was in the hospital. I had "the talk" with my mom about hospice and then I called his caseworker who was concerned about him going him as their home isn't set up properly for his needs and my mom's work schedule. She took the rest of the week after after bringing him home because he can't be alone since he can't walk due to the pain. I'm not sure if she's ready to accept hospice but in my heart I know it's the right place for him. I think he's entered the terminal part of the disease and hospice can provide him with the comfort and doctor free environment at home that he desires. I don't see the point of chemo anymore as the cancer is too far spread to really do much in terms of extending his life. I haven't had "the talk" with him because this hasn't been confirmed with the oncologist it's just what I've researched. However, this is the social worker's goal but this goal cannot be achieved right now due to the pain. He's on very serious and dangerous pain medications (methadone for chronic pain which is the dangerous one) because the other serious stuff doesn't help (morphine,Oxycotin, Vicodin...all jokes as they don't touch the pain...hard to believe I know). He needs radiation therapy and he has 10 days left of it. This is the only way to relieve the pain from the metastatic soft tissue tumor that is causing his pain and problems. The colon tumor isn't bothering him at all except that it's throwing cancer cells to every end of his body. TMI I know but I was afraid that if I don't post for a few days then my membership might be terminated. I love this board. I am not in the mood right now for too much candle talk as I'm physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausted. I've been trying so hard to prevent him from ever getting into this situation but my advice just went unlistened to which has been causing me an enormous amount of stress for the past 2 months. I'll be around but if I got MIA for a day or two just know that I'm dealing with this and helping my family out as much as I can. Thank you everyone!

Lisa, no worries... we won't delete you.

Take care of yourself and your family. We'll be thinking about you.

[smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

I didn't think CF would ever delete such an active and positive member as LLVV. We are all waiting to hear from you girl.

Burning candles tonight from CBV. Citrusmoon and Pumpkin Pickin are my only ones tonight. I am headed to bed early again. I feel kinda achey and bleh. Hope I am not getting sick. Have been napping everyday after work, so it might be coming for me..........ugh! Ask Cindy (busymom) how I get when I am getting a cold or such. I get horrible and nasty and very baby like. I HATE getting sick, especially colds. Errr....ugh!

Have a good night everyone.

LLVV - So sorry to hear about your dad. Sending prayers your way.

Trep - Thank you for the candle crock info.thankyou.gif

In my backyard I have a Cercis Redbud tree that just turned color this week. The leaves are a gorgeous golden color. Not too many trees in color this time of year in Southern California. I'm so enjoying its beauty. t120006.gif

Just started melting Nene's Cinnamon Vanilla.

LLVV~ I am terribly sorry to hear about your dear father. I will pray that they will find some meds that will help his pain. Many hugs to you and you remain in my prayers. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

LL - thank you for your update on your dad, I am so sorry that you do not have better news to share. I agree that hospice is a wonderful organization.

Hugs to you.

Night friends!! Sleep well!!

Ending the night with Carols incredible Mac Apple..this scent is incredible and amazing and PERFECT!!

Maurie, feel better girl..hope you are NOT getting sick [smilie=th_bighug-1] Sending special feel better hugs your way!!

LLVV, I'm so sorry for your family's grief and pain. I just wanted to suggest that there are some really great companies out there who can send nice people out to your parent's home to help out with the routine maintenance of life (grocery shopping, light cleaning, bill paying, meal preparation, etc.) I happen to work for one of them, called Touching Hearts at Home, which is a nationwide franchise. Oftentimes insurance helps pay for the service, and it can be a real lifesaver for family members coping with such situations as yours. I'm not sure if we have service where you live (www.touchinghearts.com) but it might be worth checking out such an option. God Bless! [smilie=th_empathy]

I've been melting my last YC Autumn Leaves tart today, and the scent is still going strong.

I know what you guys mean about Slatkin Candles being frustrating to work with wick-wise. On QVC Slatkin says his candle wicks are designed to almost never need trimming, so I'm wondering if that is why they can be so infuriating sometimes? I certainly can't complain about the scent and wax-- the fragrance and throw is fantastic! I recently bought a cranberry scented (Cranberry Woods?) three wick that I haven't burned yet, and I'm sure hoping it doesn't turn into a major project wick-wise!

Thank you everyone. My family and I appreciate your kind words, thoughts, and prayers. He had a better day today but it's a daily rollercoaster.

I managed to melt:

Buttermint - CFTKR

Maurie, take good care of yourself and don't get sick, girlie!

Denny, those redbuds are such beautiful trees in any season, aren't they? [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Busymom, ITA about Carol's Mac Apple. I suspect we have similar tastes in wax, and I'm going to pay attention to your faves and raves from now on. [smilie=th_aa17]

Candlefan, I've heard Harry Slatkin say his wicks never need trimming, so I stopped it altogether and haven't had any trouble since, FWIW. I did notice something interesting today though. There are two kinds of wicks. The candles I bought last summer all have the thin wicks that don't need trimming but can drown pretty quickly if you cut them too short. Today I exchanged Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin due to no throw but it burned evenly with a full melt pool, like all my other Slatkins. BUT if I didn't trim the wicks on it, they mushroomed and created a rather scary big flame, something the thin wicks have never done. Last night they even crackled and popped, similar to what Trep described. What's all this mean? Dunno! All I know is that there are definitely two kinds of wicks on Slatkin candles. I have four unburned Slatkins here. Three have thin wicks, the one I got today as an exchange has thicker ones. Before the candles are lit, it's fairly easy to tell the difference if you know what to look for, and once you light them, I think it's easy to see. Interesting... [smilie=th_shocked_sick_big] Anyone else notice that there are two kinds of wicks with Slatkin?

I LOVE these candles, and really appreciate B&BW's generous return policy. I'll be buying more for sure! I just hope they're the thinner wicks because so far, I like them much better as long as I don't trim them.

Whew, I'm gabby! But maybe my little monologue will be helpful. [smilie=th_pardon]

Burning Slatkin Leaves, with thin wicks. Perfectly divine in every way imaginable! [smilie=th_LOVE]

eta: LLVV, I'm so glad to hear you beloved dad had a better day today. Bless his heart, and all of your family's too.

Gail - "Oh hush now, lady!"

Starting out my day with an old favorite that I haven't used in several years--Yankee Fresh Cut Roses. I used to burn it all the time but when we had a severe ice storm 4 years ago I had like 10 of them going night and day for 5 straight days and after that I couldn't even stand to think of this scent. Ha!! I decided it was time to try it again.

Puppylove--you are so right about there being two kinds of wicks from BBW. I have liked the thick ones best because I thought they didn't drown as easily but you do need to trim those or the flame and mushroom thing is definitely a problem. I will try not trimming the thin ones and see if that solves the drowning issues. Thanks for the info.

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Good Morning fallsmiley2.gif

Its a rainy cold morning here in the mtns and I am enjoying burning some candles and melting too!! I love this kind of weather on occation!

Gail, I am melting CFKR Apple Jack and Peel and its amazing..we do have similar taste...lets share :D ideas!!!

Maurie, sure hope you are feeling better today, did you get a good nights rest girl!! Prayed you would :tongue:

Hope everyone has a good safe smelly day

fallsmiley1.gif

Melting YC Vanilla Cupcake...

Gail, I've never really paid attention to the wicks on my Slatkin candles...but you are right, I never trim them at all.

Okay, the cat just yakked up the entire contents of his stomach...gross. Sorry, TMI.

I've got errands to run...will hopefully start another melter when I get back.

Morning, everyone!

This morning I'm melting CFTKR's Pink Sugared Cupcakes and, since it's raining and rather a blah, figured candlelight is good...I'm also burning YC's 3-wick Blueberry Scone candle...sooooo yummy...and i just love how this candle burns, it's beautiful.

and speaking of the slatkin candles, it's been my experience, as well, to not trim the wicks on those,but they do mushroom like crazy, so just a small snip of that mushroom should do the trick. i would snip it off even while it's burning. if you do trim the wick beforehand, it just tends to fizzle out and no melt pool..tricky, but you get the hang of it. Puppy, sorry you had no scent throw on that pumpkin...that's a favorite of mine. in fact, this 3-wick yankee blueberry is the same with the wick, i haven't trimmed it and no problems, no soot, fantastic melt pool...and NO MUSHROOM :p

Marie: I hope you are feeling better this morning. DH came home last night and he was all achy and chilled..LLVV; Thinking of you this morning, take care friend. Denny: the redbud tree sounds beautiful. I love the brilliant leaf color in the Fall. This morning I am melting Pumpkin Pie and Frosting from Black Mountain. This is a really nice scent for a cool, Indiana morning. (Thank you Cindy)I am also burning EE-Harvest Moon votive in my bathroom. (Care pkg. from my cousin). I hope y'all have a great day..

Morning friends. Sounds like everyone is enjoying the cool November weather. Melting Carol's Buttercream Mapl Frosting this morning. It is very rich, but not too sweet. Hope everyone has a good day.

Good Morning! [smilie=The_Hi]

Melting YC Pumpkin Pie,Creamy Caramel,Mac Apple

CFTKR Sweet Harvest Pumpkin

Candle Mia Bella Apple cinnamon

Good Morning!

It is a rainy day here. I have to go out and run a few errands but I have some great ones melting-CCCC Pearamel and CCCC Monster Munch. These are two of my favorites and they smell so good together.

LLVV~ Glad to hear today is a better day!

Gail~ Thanks for the info on the Slatkins candles! Very interesting! I bought my first two recently so I have nothing to compare them to...don't know if they are thin wicked or thick wicked but they burn beautifully...I only snip a tiny bit off after I blow them out and they have cooled. So far so good. No drowning.

Melting:

Sugared Pumpkin Cookies from LOL...Droolworthy!

Macintosh Spice from YC

Since it's a rainy day...

Burning:

Trick or Treat by YC

Nanny's Kitchen by Country Button Candles

Prairie Kitchen by CBC

By the way...

Skylar~ Is your avatar someone in your family? She sure is a cutie!