The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Spook-tacular October Aromas!

[smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr Horray...It's Friday and it's a beautiful day!!

Melting Cracklin Birch from Kountry Lights...lovely.

Have a good one! :)

****FRAGRANT MEMORIES IS OPEN!!!! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

Morning, friends.

Aria, that's some story about your dented appliances. Around here many folks buy brand new "scratch and dent" products. They're deeply discounted and work perfectly. BUT that's totally different from your experience of buying pristine appliances and getting "scratch and dent" ones. :o How frustrating!

Maggie, your enthusiasm is infectious! [smilie=th_smilies-1]

It's a cold morning today, 44 degrees. [smilie=th_autumboy] As much as I adore warm weather and the scents that go with it, the thermometer today makes me crave warm and spicy. FM's Cinnamon Cider fills the bill perfectly!

Ooooo, ooooo, FM is open?? I may have to do some damage to the budget! Thanks for the heads up, Maggie. [smilie=th_yourock]

Gail

Good morning!

Tarts:

Settler's Harvest Bread - CFTKR

Autumn Morn - CFTKR

Candles:

Autumn - BBW

Good Morning!!

Aria, it is so discouraging, but I did get a little money back in my pocket. Hopefully, they will come next Friday when they are supposed to.

Maurie, I went to a laundromat for 15 years when I lived in the co-op. Didn't really mind it much at all. It was 2 hours or so of peace. I read my book and just relaxed. However now that the DD is a teenager, she goes through clothes like crazy, it would cost me a small fortune to go to the laundromat as much I wash clothes. I've been going to my sisters house, but even that is a pain in the butt.

Remelted Winter Wonderland last night from YC, that bad boy was still going strong, definitely gonna go buy a bunch of those when my YC store restocks. Like seriously, how could you run out of the Xmas tarts already. They only had 4 of the 6 new scents available, I was disappointed.

Tomorrow is homecoming so we are looking forward to that, as long as the weather stays nice. Then there is always the weekly crap to do, food shopping and little housecleaning. The weekends are just not long enough!

Have a great day everyone!

Hi All!

I have the day off from this teacher.gif and trying to make the best of it.

I was out working in the yard at 6:30am. Now I'm in the middle of removing a wallpaper border in the master bathroom. Hope to start painting the bathroom over the weekend.

I'm enjoying Nene's Baklava.

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Denny: I want some of what you are drinking..I admire your energy at 6: 30 a.m. Also, I think storing the melts in the crock pot makes perfect sense.This afternoon I am melting CYS-Glass Cathedral. I have to go to the store in a bit, so I plan on burning some EE later today. It's a beautiful Friday in Indy...I love this Fall weather. Have a good one and enjoy the day.

PuppyLove and MaggieMae - [smilie=th_wave] Hello there! Thank you oh so much for the kind words about the job situations. You guys just made my day! Xoxo!

Maureen- I also love Mac, but im more into their eyeshadows. You are too cute about needing to go buying another lipstick after already buying one. Lol [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

LLVV- cute and funny lipstick story [smilie=th_giggle]

Sillysmom- sorry to hear you having a hard time with the delivery. But thats good to hear that there was someone who was very helpful and nice to relieve the situation. Hopefully things will run smoothly with the delivery and all.

Aria- Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with sears. But good that you had found a better place to go to.

Also saw that FM was opening and gonna plot my next order right now! Yey! [smilie=th_yay]

Later on, might be having dinner with brother and his wife this evening.

Recent melts:

LOL Orange You Glad- i actually put the whole 2oz tart, and still had weak scent throw. Disappointed <_<

Nene's Vanilla Sugared Grapefruit- not really feeling this, but decent scent throw though i must admit.

Nene's Coconut Mango- Like this.

Happy Melting Everyone!

Kim, I can't imagine what Glass Cathedral smells like. Hmm... a little hint of vanilla candles maybe, a whiff of leather from the scriptures and reference books, a faint smell of someone's perfume... [smilie=th_pardon]

SweetTart, you seem to be having a bit of bad luck with some of LOL's scents. [smilie=th_sorry_]

Denny, I have a note to myself that you were interested in my thoughts on FM's Cinnamon Cider. I'm melting half of a big tart cup in a tart tin and I love this! [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04 It's not real spicy but is a lovely blend of hot apple cider and cinnamon. Mmmm mmmm good!

Just a funny little side note for the dog lovers among us. I took Hobbit to the regional park today, which is always lots of fun and especially invigorating on a chilly fall morning. He discovered a sprinkler which was spewing water eight feet out in a goofy, cockeyed fashion. He went nuts! Played with that water, running back and forth like a lunatic, for at least half an hour. [smilie=th_snoopy] I laughed myself silly. I'm still amused. He, however, is completely sacked out on the couch.

Gail, with giggles

Sillys, twice? You had dents, twice? I am afraid I would have hurt somebody bad, LOL!

No scenting right now - just good ol' Lean Cuisine pizza wafting through the room!

Oh - Gail, I wanted to mention the sprinkler at the park - sheesh! Our dog finds the puddle by the dog's water fountain and lays down in it. It is always great fun to haul a wet dog home!

The past couple of evenings I have been melting CFTKR Sweet Harvest Pumpkin (sweet pumpkin with just a touch of cinnamon and ginger, with a base of creamy, sugary sweet vanilla....a real comfort pumpkin)...such a nice, strong and lasting scent. I think this is my favorite pumpkin scent so far, just delicious!

I was out working in the yard at 6:30am. Now I'm in the middle of removing a wallpaper border in the master bathroom. Hope to start painting the bathroom over the weekend.

Denny - [smilie=th_23_32_7] It's not even light outside here at 6:30am, I have to have my headlights on going to work. I bet it was peaceful & beautiful in the garden that early in the morning.

I'm melting LB's Death by Pumpkin. [smilie=th_aa20] this is one strong, wonderful pumpkin...luv it! [smilie=snoopy] Also melting ACG's Pumpkin Chai candle. This candle is not playing nice. [smilie=th_pullhair] It's just melting in a small circle around the wick. I remember I had trouble w/it last fall, too. Am now trying Jason's tip for putting foil around the collar of the jar.

Katz and Sweet&Spicey - You make me laugh. :lol: Being in the garden that early was peaceful and a great way to start the day.

Gail - Thanks for the info on FM's Cinnamon Cider. How sweet of you to remember.

Just started melting Can Do's - Amish Apples. This one screams fall to me.

Finished removing the wallpaper. Yippee!

:mad: My #1 fave is Coco Mint Frost from Can-Do. I treated myself to it a couple hours ago. :mad: The DH comes home and throws some fish in the oven for dinner. :mad: Ain't no way I'm gonna waste CMF. :mad: Had to turn it off. :mad: Ain't meltin' nuthin'. :mad:

DH, it could be dangerous messing with my CMF. Be very glad I don't have violent tendencies. [smilie=th_m4t3zo4]

Much love from your devoted, long-suffering wife. [smilie=th_Kusje-1]

Gail

Hey guys and gals. Nothing melting or burning here on this part of Long Island. I have a miserable head cold and cannot smell a thing! Oh well,tomorrow I will take loads of cold meds and hope to smell something. Well, not loads. I took some at work today and was so loopy from it. I went to the store and couldn't even think of what I needed or wanted. Very fogged up, the old head.

Linda, I guess I can understand the relaxing part of the laundromat. AND getting more into 1 load. Happy Homecoming...........good luck at the game.

SweetTart, I didn't do it. I stayed good on the lipstick. However, our local outlet has a huge CCO (Cosmetic Company Outlet..I think) and they should be getting some new MAC in right about now. I was headed there after work, but felt too icky and came home and took a nap instead. Maybe next week. I LOVE MAC and have gotten rid of most other makeup.

Denny, Amish Apples sounds really good.

Gail, I don't blame you for turning the melter off. It would be a wax crime to make one of your favorite scents compete with fish odors!

Maurie, I hope you start feeling better soon. You were probably worn out emotionally and it finally just caught up with you. Take care, friend.

Busy, busy day and it's not over yet! I just now got around to cleaing out a couple of melters. Pumpkin Patch from Slatkin is going in the kitchen and living room and You Go Girl from Bella's is in the MB. Both of these are strong and smell wonderful!

Gail~ Too funny with the Coco Mint Frost [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] ....but I agree TOTALLY!!!

Melting:

Pistashio Dream Cake from Cheryl's

Burning:

My first ever Slatkin Candle....Leaves. I went over and caved after everyone was raving! [smilie=th_thsecret] SHHHH...I'm supposed to be on lockdown!

I must say that the one tart from Cheryl's is blasting all over the house...I'm having trouble smelling the candle which is right next to me.

Well, I am up and have on Slatkin Caribbean Escape as it is to be hot here today. I wanted to burn the candle for a few hours before everyone gets here so the house will smell good. One thing about these Slatkin candles is that the scent seems to linger long after you blow them out. As the house will be full today including a very active two year old, I will be blowing the candle out before they get here and I wanted a nice aroma to greet them when they come in the door. Hope you all have a nice day.

Good mornin'! [smilie=th_blij51]

It's going to be a busy one today. Soccer games in a few hours and then my dog agility classes start up again after a long summer break.

I'm sneaking in a little melting time with FM's Apple Pumpkin Cheesecake. [smilie=th_00000020] [smilie=th_00000020] [smilie=th_00000020] That's "love to the max" in case you don't speak emotie-ish. :lol:

Where has Sharonana been? I miss her bright and funny posts.

Hope you all have a thoroughly delightful weekend!

Gail

My #1 fave is Coco Mint Frost from Can-Do. I treated myself to it a couple hours ago. The DH comes home and throws some fish in the oven for dinner. Ain't no way I'm gonna waste CMF. Had to turn it off. Ain't meltin' nuthin'.

[smilie=th_funny_sign] Puppy...what was the man thinking?! :o Obviously about his stomach. Sheesh...go figure. [smilie=th_giggle] (I had to remove your mad emoticons from your quote cuz it said I had exceeded my allowed # of them)

Maurie - hope you feel lots better today. [smilie=th_bighug-1] You had a terribly emotional and weepy week, so I'm hoping it's not a cold, but that maybe your sinuses are inflamed/swollen and will go away faster than a cold.

MaggieMae - I absolutely understand going off LD to get a Leaves candle....they're on sale after all! Whatcha think of it? Sounds like you had a real scent war between that and the Pistachio Dream Cake. No offense...but the combo of those two.... [smilie=th_u53] [smilie=th_tease-1]

Trep - have fun at your party!

I'm melting LOL's Comfortably Numb. Scent heaven![smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Good afternoon....super busy Saturday, but I am managing to melt Pumpkin Lavender Vanilla from CYS. I am tempted to order during the sale as I love their blends...what's an addict to do? [smilie=th_insane]

I also have a nice pillar burning on the kitchen island....Ember from Pier 1

tha194.gif Have a nice Saturday friends...happy melting!

Aria... <_< If you were asking me...which your not...but if I were to put forth a little opinion...I'd say... [smilie=yes] ....CYS= [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Sweet~ Yes, I think if I could smell them both I would have been green [smilie=th_puke] ...so I suppose it was for the best that only one was sniffable. This morning I only lit the Leaves and it is [smilie=th_LOVE] I really love this scent and the melt pool is perfect. I also got the Autumn one but I think they mixed up the names.LOL Leaves smells like a autumn harvest of apples,berries and fruits and Autumn smells like leaves and woods. HUH? Did anyone else notice that or is it just crazy ol' me? [smilie=th_idontknow]