The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Spook-tacular October Aromas!

Amish Apples from Can-do....a sample from Donna and it's very good!

Skylar - that must be one she's working on cuz I don't see it on her list. Is the 'amish' part spices? [smilie=th_235F35F32]

Susan- good to C U melting today. Hope that means you're feeling better. [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

Hi Fleur! [smilie=The_Hi] Glad to C U here again!

Maurie - thanks for keeping us updated. We share your tears. [smilie=th_empathy] I agree, this is a caring, lovely group and am glad we can all come here for friendship and encouragement. [smilie=th_friends]

I'm melting YC's Harvest Welcome (Be Thankful + Autumn Wreath). Awesome combo! [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Well, I plan on being around alot more. I love a couple of other forums. But, I much prefer a place to come that is neutral and not created for any other reason, than wax talk. I also like to be able to talk about many different companies. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

I also love the fact that nobody here forgot me. Well, maybe some of the very new girls.....but thats ok. I am easy to get to know. Hope you give me a chance. [smilie=th_myspacepunked_sign000

Maurie, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how you are hurting and it seems like it won't go away. But thankfully time eases all pain. Be good to yourself!

Today was a great day, the weather was sunny and cool. My family and I went to a Octoberfest oh my gosh it was fun, the food, beer and music.

When we got home my daughters and I went to YC for the sale. Perfect day!

I have melting YC Apple Cider.

Trep - are they still having a sale on the 3 wicks at B&BW?

Maurie, we are here for you, keep letting us know how things are going.

Tonight is Violet Musk from Cheryl.

PuppyLove.... no worries about the name. I was impressed that you remembered her! Amazing! You gave me some great advice for training! Thanks! [smilie=th_c2e41937]

trep...... hi! [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Hi to all my candle buds! [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Fleur, I'm glad to have helped. Kind, humane dog training is what I live for. Well, that and wax. [smilie=th_lol22]

Debra, I'm not Trep, but [smilie=th_200912104451] the BBW candle sale is still going on.

I just started a new candle, Haley's Apple Orchard. My nose can't tell any difference between this one and Red Delicious Apple. Is this a complaint? Ohhhhhhh noooooooooo, not on your life! [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Gail

Maurie - Very sorry for your loss.

Gail - Sorry your weekend didn't turn out as planned.

I too have had problems with posting and changing my avatar. It is good to know it isn't just me or my computer.

This evening I'm burning GC - Caramel Apple and just loving it! :D

Hi guys,

Just lit up Haley's Candied Apple. This was a gift from my best friend Cindy. Thank you girl.

Nothing new here. Just doing laundry today and getting some clothes together for the funeral on Tuesday. My husband has lost so much weight since being unemployed that I am not sure what the heck will fit him. Maybe some pants from my skinny son......LOL

Geez my life is upside down right now. I have faith though that all will turn around. It has to soon. I will not lose my faith.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone. Probably check back later and see what everyone is enjoying. [smilie=th_5337c1ad]

Today so far is Yankee Orchard Pear and Mainstays Juicy Apple--both candles. I have quit doing tarts again as I just can't keep from literally buying thousands of them. Since I only use 2 a day you can tell I get overloaded pretty quickly so I am sticking with candles. Even if I wanted to there is no way I could every store or afford thousands of candles so maybe this will work. [smilie=th_idontknow]

Today so far is Yankee Orchard Pear and Mainstays Juicy Apple--both candles. I have quit doing tarts again as I just can't keep from literally buying thousands of them. Since I only use 2 a day you can tell I get overloaded pretty quickly so I am sticking with candles. Even if I wanted to there is no way I could every store or afford thousands of candles so maybe this will work. [smilie=th_idontknow]

I hear you trep. I generally only use 1-2 melts a day. I have been so busy lately that there are plenty of days that I have not melted anything at all. My melt baskets were overflowing, so I have not ordered melts in quite some time. I am going to go through everything soon to see what is still fresh and useable.

Now that the weather is cooler I have been melting more and burning more candles.

Today I have Nene's Cinnamon French Toast going. Last night I had a YC double wick Autumn Leaves candle burning.... very nice for this cooler weather! [smilie=th_fabulous1]

Hi friends,

I'm melting FM's Lime Marshmallows, a beautiful scent, started out with a bang but after a short time it's pretty light. Maybe it's DH's taquitos... <_<

eta: The taquitos are consumed and the Lime Marshmallows wax is back bigtime. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Gail

I'm melting FM's Lime Marshmallows, a beautiful scent, started out with a bang but after a short time it's pretty light. Maybe it's DH's taquitos... <_<

Gail

Puppy - I've read quite a few recipes for Mexican food that use lime. Those 2 scents should go well together. [smilie=th_foolish1]

Trep - that's a good idea. [smilie=th_thumbs20up] I don't melt more than 1 tart a day, other than the weekends when I usually melt 3/day. I have a tendency not to burn candles in the evening during the week, too. I'm going to try to melt and burn during the evening now. And weekends....look out! [smilie=th_smiley_doorpeek]

I'm burning Slatkins Frosted Cupcake. It's delicious! IMO, not as strong as LOL's Vanilla Crack, but I haven't found one that is. It's more of a medium, extremely yummy sniff. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Maurie, hang in there, girl. I hope you're finding some comfort in your candles and melts.

I have Honey Pear Cider from Scentsy in 4 melters throughout the house and Lavender Coconut Milk from Bella's in the MB. Hope everyone's having a great day!

Thanks for the sale info Gail and Trep - like I need more, LOL! But it seems you all post about scents I didn't buy and, well...you know the rest of the story. (So Trep, beware, it could be possible to end up with the same problem with candles, heehee!) [smilie=th_thConfus_55]

Today is Crosscreek - Boysenberry Spiced Clove

Debra--you are SO right--if I don't watch it we will be hauling in a trailer rig for me to put candles in. Oh well, at least it isn't illegal, immoral or fattening so I guess I am not so bad.

Fleur--I see you are like me--not one who can use up several tarts a day. If I could my stashes wouldn't get so big and stay so big.

Sweet&spiceygrl--I agree on your assessment of the Frosted Cupcake--I love it.

I see the two wick sale at BBW goes through this Wednesday, October 6, so if any of you want more there are still a few more days left. I have bought a ton and ordered 4 more online this morning--these were ones they don't have at the store. I have never ordered from there and I won't be here when they come as I am going to Iowa for my dad's 90th birthday celebration but my son said he'd take delivery so we are good.

For this afternoon I have on a small Yankee tumbler in Vanilla Cupcake. I find the secret to getting these to burn well is to use a flat illuma lid on them which keeps them from tunneling and they give a better throw, also. I also have on a YC votive in Fruit Salad and BBW Caribbean Escape oil so I am set for a few hours.

It is very chilly here today but sunny and I am enjoying it.

Good Sunday afternoon! bf-witch00.gif

Maurie, you have my deepest sympathy on the loss of your dear friend Randi. I am sure she was comforted by your words and presence. Take care, friend.

Gail, sorry your weekend plans went kaput.

We had weekend guests, so I haven't been able to post until now. I'm in the middle of cleaning/laundry and trying to catch up on the boards in between.

Burning a small Slatkin Leaves candle in the powder room

I've also got a melter going with McCall's Witches Brew and I am going to light a McCall's jar in Autumn Leaves.

Found a Slatkin Vanilla Shortbread candle I had from last year and it does not smell the same. I have maybe about 1/3 of a jar left and it has a fuel like smell when I burn it. I may just toss it. I have so many others and I am really not liking the smell at all! [smilie=th_pullhair]

Oops, almost forgot to mention that I made it to YC on Friday and got 2 jars with the BOGO coupon....Moonlight Harvest and Sparkling Snow. I sniffed all the new Holiday scents and none of them seemed that impressive. A couple smelled like pine, but I think I prefer their Balsam & Cedar over those. The Mistletoe & Fig was gross.... [smilie=th_gagme] JMO!!!

Okay, I am heading into the kitchen to put on a pot of coffee for DH and I....have a nice afternoon. th0081.gif

Thank you very much Aria. Like I said, all of the warmth and condolences here mean alot to me. There are other forums that I have not even mentioned this. It just didn't feel like coming out. You all know that feeling.

I have to come here and add what I started melting in my bedroom. I popped in a tart from CFTKR in Cranberry Fig and I almost forgot how much I love this one. I found a bag of them in the bottom of one of my many baskets.....LOL. Its such an amazing sophisticated/designer type scent that everyone should try. I can't even explain it. Kinda musky, fruity and sensual. Just beautiful. Not even sure if Carol makes this one anymore. If she does, you must try it.

I had a pot of spaghetti sauce cooking this afternoon and couldn't decide what scent went with it. The first thing I thought of was...garlic bread. :lol: But, I'm not going there.A garlic candle would be.. [smilie=th_a136] So...I'm melting Busy B's Zucchini Bread and it's [smilie=th_fabulous1]

[smilie=th_goodnight]

I've been on my computer in the MBR catching up on emails [smilie=th_d6ac145d] while melting Carol's Coffee Cake & Spice. Mmmm good!

I'm also melting Apple Orchard Pear’adise from Gold Canyon in the FR. A nice fall scent, but it appears they have discontinued it. :(

Hi!

Ooooh...perfect wax weather today!!! Windy, cloudy, and cold! I love it! We went to Costco today to buy some fake logs for the fireplace. I prefer these to wood even though wood smells better when burning. I'm hoping that tomorrow we can have dinner picnic style in front of the fireplace.

Maurie, Cyber hugs for you!

I so need to get over to BBW. I need a Frosted Cupcake candle and want to get another Chocolate Mint.

Tonight's scents:

Tarts:

Ginger Pumpkin Snap (CFTKR)

Candle:

Autumn (BBW/Slatkin)