The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

July's Fragrant Fireworks

Hi all!

I just got back from four hours of fun in the sun with pups and friends. I'm half dead and desperate for a snooze! [smilie=th_8d1933ff]

Maggie, thanks. Yep, the first burn of the first Haley's candle was truly grand. Janet told me that all of the candles are 80% soy and the tarts (most of which went to my sis) are paraffin. She was kind enough to send me two in palm wax, which is new to me. It's easy to see the difference in the wax and they're quite pretty. I'll post once I melt some of these babies and let you guys know how they do, k? Sorry your soy tarts didn't work out, Maggie.

Sillys, I'm glad you're liking your first Whiff and Sniff order so far. Sounds terrific!

I'm melting Can-Do's You're Berry Sweet. It usually takes awhile for my Can-Do tarts to melt and throw well but oh my, this one's already going strong and it's 100% wonderful! [smilie=th_8d1933ff] This scent was one of Donna's special Valentine's Day scents. I am so getting it if she offers it next time around!

Gail, off to catch a few zzzz's

Just took the kids to a matinee of "Despicable Me"...very cute! [smilie=th_8d1933ff]

Melting:

Mardi Gras from Busy Bee

Karma from Pink FLower and

Summer Love from FM is still going strong in the BR(day 3)

I need a nap too...

wall.gif Yoo Hoo! Melting Carol's Watermelon Kiwi....fruity, but has a slight floral note too.

Weather's been just lovely here today.

Just got back from a bike ride with my two boys....we went to the park and of course, they had to play in the creek.bf-stonehopper.gif Older one picked up a crayfish and brought it over to me....stop.gif It was just a tiny one, but still !!!!! rollingpin.gif

Maggie, we saw Despicable Me over the weekend...loved it!!! rotfl2.gif I think I liked it more than Toy Story 3 96edcc1b.gif Yep!

Gail, have a good nappy? 78699.gif

trep, great idea mixing the caramel and apple scents!!!! thslider_hi5.gif

Gotta go fix us a quick bite to eat for dinner.....hamburgersmile3f.gif

Well, I ended up dumping my mix of caramel and apple. Not because it didn't smell like a caramel apple so much but because the caramel was too strong and I couldn't take it. I think if you like caramel you will like it as that is the dominant scent. I only used about 1/8 of the caramel tart so if you try this I would suggest starting with that much and then if you want more add it in. I have always liked caramel apple scents but I like the apple to dominate. If anyone else tries this I will be interested to know what you think.

I have switched to Yankee Vanilla Cupcake now for the night.

[smilie=th_e16] everyone!

SweetTart~ [smilie=th_8d1933ff] You are right!! Try, try again!!! :)

I am glad you emailed CHC and I hope you hear from her soon! Yea, it was kinda funny that she found the package in her car...but she mailed it out ASAP and added in extras before she did...I was happy!!

MaggieMae- thanx and thats awesome she mailed it ASAP and you got a few extra goodies along with that. I have to say now thats good CS. [smilie=th_happy096]

Isn't it true (anyone know?) that tarts usually have more fragrance oil in them than candles? Would that be the reason for the weaker throw, I wonder? [smilie=th_8d1933ff]

PuppyLove- A couple of months ago I was browsing around online on the whole tarts thing (yes, how nerdy am i looking up info on candles and tarts like that, Lol) and found some stuff that said that becuz of burning candles, the fragrance oil percentage cant be too high for flamable reasons, so melting them (tarts) would and can pack the most fragrance becuz you are not burning them. Something like that and so thats one of the many reasons why tarts are my number one on my list. [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Well melting my first CHS summer days- ooooooo!!! Me likey alot with decent scent throw. [smilie=yes]

Happy melting you all!!

Sweet tart--I think you are right about the fragrance oil percentage, etc. I read that, too, that you have to be careful with the oil amount due to the flame on candles, but with tarts you can have more. Tarts are #1 with me also, as I feel you just get so much more scent for the money. I have taken to having several tealight holders lit in the evenings or on dark days with unscented tealights to give me the flame and it seems to work great. You get scent and flame for the least money and work.

Just finished dinner and put on Sugar Cookie from Scentsy for dessert! [smilie=th_8d1933ff] Better to smell it than eat it. I joined Curves about a month ago and am starting to see and feel results so it's motivating me to avoid extra calories.

Burning a lovely PPC Blackberry pillar in my offfice and melting a PPC lemon /sugar tart in the living room! PPC Mountainside Inn jar candle in the bedroom.... Yeah, I love to support small companies like this one! When I find a good one, I stick with it!

This evening I'm melting Kim's - Strawberry White Cake. strawberry.gif The smell of fresh picked strawberries on top of delicious white cake!

Aria, thanks, I slept for an hour and a half! :shock: I almost never nap, so I guess I was really tired.

Maggie, were you able to nap too?

Trep, your caramel apple experiment was really interesting. I'm not surprised, now that you mention it, that the caramel would tend to take over. I like it but wowza, it can be strong!

SweetTart and Trep, thanks for the insight into the fragrance oil in tarts vs. candles. Much appreciated! I thought I had read that somewhere and hadn't just created it in my brain, heh heh. Using tealight holders along with tarts really makes a lot of sense, Trep. I'm definitely going to give that some thought for the future. Right now I have several candles to use up though.

Mpfand, [smilie=th_prod_107_1676] with Curves. Good for you!

I'm burning my Haley's Coconut Hibiscus in the main living area of the house. It's doing just dandy in every way that counts! [smilie=th_hmph]

Gail

CFTKR - Spiced Persian Pear

Nene's - Apricot Glaze

Candles by Lucy - Key Lime Pie

Burning YC - Strawberry Buttercream

PI - Fruit Slices

Hey Gail...glad you got some shut eye...I, on the other hand, tried to sleep on my hammock and every few minutes the kids took turns finding me and talking to the side of my head...no one seemed to notice that my eyes were closed... [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Ending the night with Black Linen & Amber from Ten Digit Creations

[smilie=th_hmph] Now that it's late...I have insomnia...isn't that the way it always works?

ththnewspaper.gif Good morning friends

Starting off the day with Fresh Picked Strawberries from Caroly1pJlAd9mJWygcFW9iYC3E1DlQcbcIymMG2.gif ...oh so good and summery!

Hi everybody.

I'm back from Cozumel. Vacation seemed so short, but we enjoyed every second of it.

I'm happy to be back home with all the good smellies though.

Bluewick picket candle - Leiah

Tuscadero's - Butter Rum Crunch melt

YC - Beautiful Day tumbler candle

Maggiemae, nothing beats a hammock in the Summer.

Twinsmom, Buttery Gingerbread sounds really good. I'm ready for fall.

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676] Welcome back Jules!!! Was wondering where you were...glad you had fun!!!

Melting:

Toasted Marshamallow (SH) & Apple Strudel (CFTKR)

Good morning!

I'm melting Carol's Pumpkin Corn Pudding. It's a perfect fall scent!

Today's melts are YC's Stormwatch (storms are threatened for later today so it seemed appropriate), and CCCC's Tuscan Lace.

Have a great day!

Jules, welcome home. I hope you had a super time in Cozumel!

Maggie, durned clueless kids! [smilie=th_hmph] Hopefully you found some sleep somewhere!

I'm melting a clamshell cube of Haley's Red Delicious Apple. I think this is soy, as it's very soft and rather messy. Worth it though, because the scent is authentic and terrific and this little gem is throwing like crazy! [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Gail