The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

July's Fragrant Fireworks

good morning...

Melting Carol's White Cake this morning...

Need more coffee..... [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffee] can't wake up for some reason

Today I'm burning YCs Berry Bramble. Its an old one but still has alot of scent left. Its my last jar and I will miss this one!

Debbie

Today I'm burning YCs Berry Bramble. Its an old one but still has alot of scent left. Its my last jar and I will miss this one!

Debbie

Good Morning... [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffee] A little bleary eyed myself this morning...The Yorkie "completely" refused to go out before bed last nght...sat in the cage and stared at me like.."yeah...try and make me"....at 3 oc'lock in the morning who should come in my room and jump on the side of my bed? [smilie=th_roll] Yes, and she was letting me know there was a "gift" in her cage....Now tell me...if she could open the lock to get me...why couldn't she open the lock to get me sooner??? [smilie=th_scratch] I know...TMI...not very good morning conversation either... :oops:

Aria...I KNOW!!! Something is surely up...I ALWAYS have great results...I have melted about 3-4 different scents out of the order and always melt 3 at a time of ONE scent so I should have a power house....but moderate at best. [smilie=th_idontknow] I'll chalk it up to an odd batch I guess.

Melting:

Amish Friendship Bread from Cheryl's

Here's a big ole cuppa joe for those of us that can't seem to wake up this morning.coffeebath.gif

I am sooooooooooo thankful I don't have to work on Mondays.studsmatta.gif Wish I was feeling that energetic though.

Aria...is DH still a jerk today? You gave me a chuckle this morning. Sometimes men act like creatures from another planet.orjnfq.gif

Maggie...that is unusual to not get a good throw from CCCC...hmmmm???1436.gif

trep...your avatar is so cute...and my day did get smellier. 129fs370785.gif

I am melting a Slatkin Vanilla Coconut candle. I'm not much of a candle burner, so I wrapped it in an old rag and busted the glass jar...cut up the wax and am melting it.

Is that 126fs2277341.gif or what?

Y'all have a smiley day.wassat.gif

:shock: wax buddies!

Becky, you're so pretty and sweet looking!

Cbgirl, Wild Mountain Honey sounds like a great one!

Aria, I hope your DH is behaving better now. I so agree with Sharonana. Men are SO different from us ladies!

Katz, I'm glad the humidity's gone and you've got some great weather going now.

Maggie, I've only ordered once from CCCC. Some are wonderful but others have been kind of weak. I know that can be true for any vendor and since I don't have anything to compare it with, what do I know? Nuthin'! All that to say, I guess, that I've been a teeny bit disappointed in some of the tarts from CCCC but not so much that I wouldn't order again.

Maggie again, that is hilarious about your Yorkie! Sorry he had an "accident" though. Little stinker! [smilie=th_sign0164]

I'm melting Can-Do's Lessie's Blueberries & Cream. Oh so good!

Gail

I am feeling kind of puny this afternoon--too much errand running in this heat and humidity, I think. I wasn't enjoying my scent so switched to Yankee Simply Home Vanilla Frosting--always a comfort scent for me. I hear thunder--maybe we'll get some cooling rain.

Thanks for your input Gail...I appreciate it! :shock: I am glad that I am not alone on this one...but I recall in the past...she had very strong ones. Oh well. But I do agree...I will order again too! She has some wonderful unique ones!

Added a candle...

Cake Bake from the Gingerbread Barn...this one is blasting!

Trep, feel better, girl. Try to find some time to put your feet up, relax, and enjoy a nice cool drink! :shock:

I'm now melting Butt Naked from SSS. It's fruity fabuloso! [smilie=th_sign0164]

Gail

Thanks, Gail--I did just that--took a 2 hour nap--went I woke up it was dark as night. A few minutes later it started to storm and we had 1.2" of rain in 30 minutes!! It is thundering again now so more may be on the way. I feel much better so I guess I was mostly tired.

This heat and humidity never sit too well with me and this year we have had no breaks to speak of. Yesterday was a bit cooler but still super humid. Hope everyone has a great night.

Good afternoon candle friends! girl12.gif

I am much more alert than I was this morning when I posted....omg, I was truly out-of-it!!! Been out "playing" in the garden and doing a bit of yard work.flower3-1.gif Does anyone have a foolproof way to get rid of weeds entirely? They even poke up through the thick layer of mulch. I have to spray weed-b-gone all the time.....sign-smiley-7161.gif

debra, 344198001236084298-ThxMuch.gif for the Sweet Surrender linky! I am not seeing Turquoise on her scent list anymore, but I may email and ask....

Maggie, your little Yorkie story made me [smilie=th_sign0164] Can't believe she actually opened the gate! :shock: I love Cake Bake scents!

sharonana, loving all your smileys....DH and I are now on speaking terms again...boy, was I ticked at him! To be fair, I am feeling a little hormonal, so I guess I could have over-reacted KWIM?...but still! It's all good now... hippie.gif

Gail, LOVE Lessie's Blueberries & Cream!!!! SmileyHearts-1.gif It has taken me many years to realize how different men and women truly are. Men are so much more simple, while we ladies are so much more complex (in a good way...lol).

trep, the heat and humidity can definitely take a lot out of you!

Take it easy girl....peppiokay.gif

Well, once I came in the house, I started Can-Do's Key Lime Pie.....so, so good!!!! onesmiley1-1.gif

See you guys later! toodlepeeps.gif

MaggieMae - hope your Yorkie doesn't do that too often 4 U. Is she getting on in years? I had an older dog that got me up @ 3:30 every morning to go out. Sure didn't help w/the beauty sleep. :shock:

Trep - sure hope U get at least a day or two of relief from the heat soon. [smilie=th_sign0164]

Aria - don't know if it's the same scent, but Candledippers has one called Turquoise. http://candledippersgifts.com [smilie=th_scratch]

I'm melting CFTKR's Apple Thyme.

HELLOOOO!!!

SweetTart~ WOW...she said it would go out on Monday and you didn't get it yet? That's a LONG time! Maybe you should email her and make sure it didn't get lost. One time with a different vendor...my order never came and when I contacted her it turned out that it got stuck under the car seat on the way to the post office! :?

MaggieMae- well since you pointed that out i decided to email her cuz if you think its long then i have to get on it and see whats up. Thanx 4 your suggestion. And wow your order was stuck in the car seat all that time?! Crazy style!!! I hope you got your order though and they sent it or another one out to you....

PupplyLove and MaggieMae- I know what you guys mean with the tarts having weak scent throw sometime. Experience that with a few tarts sometime, but overall good tarts. and MaggieMae, as you suggested before: for it to have a weak scent throw, there can be many reason for that to happen and that it doesnt seem fair to just write a company off just for a few tarts. So learn to see the overall of things. Hee Hee!

Aria- sorry to hear about you not being in a good mood with your DH, hope everything is situated now and talking things thru.

I am melting a Slatkin Vanilla Coconut candle. I'm not much of a candle burner, so I wrapped it in an old rag and busted the glass jar...cut up the wax and am melting it.Is that 126fs2277341.gif or what?

sharonana- I tried to melt the left over wax like that before cuz i didnt want to waste them, so decided to melt them and it wasnt the same i must admit, it did not have the same scent throw when melting versus burning it. guess it just didnt work for me. [smilie=th_scratch] I just continue burning them and throw the leftover when its done. Hate to waste those last bit of wax but [smilie=th_sign0164]

Recent melts:

CFTKR pineapple orange juice- Unfortunately not a fan of this one. Had a weird undertone to me. My nosey didn?t really like this one. [smilie=th_sad-1]

CFTKR Fresh Pick Strawberries- like this a lot!! :shock:

Happy melting you guys!!!

SweetTart~ [smilie=th_lmao-1] You are right!! Try, try again!!! [smilie=th_1286B215]

I am glad you emailed CHC and I hope you hear from her soon! Yea, it was kinda funny that she found the package in her car...but she mailed it out ASAP and added in extras before she did...I was happy!!

Sweet~ My little Yorkie is sure a character, but since we had most of her teeth extracted she hasn't had this problem...this was the first time since...but I think she just ate too late last night. My fault. She is almost 6 so she's still in good health otherwise..as far as the beauty sleep I have insomnia most nights so I could use a "barrel" of the beauty sleep...my face seems to be melting off. :)

Trep~ Take it easy and try to stay cool!

Aria~ Glad everything is going good with the DH now...ya know what they say..."Ya can't live with them and ya can't trade them for candles". :P

Added some more Amish Friendship Bread to the one already brewing...only this one is Almost Country.

Have a great eve!

Crazy 2 days. I finally have some time to relax. I'm melting Carol's Pumpkin Cornbread Pudding and it's sooo good!

Trep, I'm glad you're feeling better, and I hope sunny, dry days are in your forecast. :P

Aria, ITA that men are simpler creatures than women. I just don't understand why they aren't always simple to live with. :P Weeds are as puzzling to me as men, I'm afraid. I don't have any answers on either so will just [smilie=th_1286B215]

Maggie, can't trade 'em for candles? You're SO creatively funny! :)

SweetTart, that's a great post about tarts and scent throw. ITA! It's interesting that you didn't get as good of a scent throw from leftover candle wax. I wondered if it'd be the same, since I've never done it. Isn't it true (anyone know?) that tarts usually have more fragrance oil in them than candles? Would that be the reason for the weaker throw, I wonder? [smilie=th_lmao-1]

I'm burning my first Haley's candle. Coconut Hibiscus. It's burning wonderfully, wicks are behaving, full melt pool, and no babysitting! [smilie=th_aa20] I'm sitting about three feet away from it and at this short distance it's throwing like crazy and smelling [smilie=th_cc15] It's almost giving me a headache. In case you're wondering why I'm so close, I want to make sure it gets off to a good start and DH has every fan in the house on full blast except here in the computer room. Anyway, it's all good so far with my first Haley's experience! [smilie=th_hema1]

Gail, too chatty

Today's melts:

FM - Egyptian Dragon

CFTKR - Patchouli Honey

FM - Citrus Poundcake

Burning Slatkin candle - Cool Tropical Breeze

Good morning..Not a lot happening on my home front this morning but quiet is a good thing.I am enjoying our little break in the humidity.

This morning I am melting Backroad Hobbies -Twilight Woods.

Time to get in gear and accomplish something today...

Have a great morning.

Good Morning Everyone! :P ...Kim, the humidity is cut here too! I am a happy gal! It looks like a beautiful day! Gotta run to the library for a new book... [smilie=th_lmao-1] ..and sit outside.

Gail- Glad you are having a good experience with your Haley's candle! Just curious...what type of wax did you get? In my first order I got mostly soy(melts) which didn't work too good for me...but her paraffin melts were great...too bad I only got 2 of those! <>

Melting:

Pumpkin Donuts by Spotted Hog..always a keeper

Sweet Cider & Pumpkins from Carol...a freebie and I LOVE it! :) A definite reorder for Fall.

Hi All!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying this HOT weather. Personally, I'm sooo over it already!

Received my first order from Whiff and Sniff yesterday. Promptly fired up Lemonade Twister. Unbelievably strong scent....sort of a lemonhead type. I absolutely loved it! Just placed a small order, but I think there may be another order real soon. Let me try a couple more first.

Have a great day all....So busy with soccer and work, and just summer. I check in everyday, just don't always have time to post.

I am home from the mall and the Yankee store. I got one of the new Creamy Caramel tarts and shaved a slice off of it and popped it in the melter with a whole Macintosh tart to see if I could get a good caramel apple scent. I can tell you one thing ( and it isn't even melted all the way yet) that this caramel is going to be dominate. This is one strong tart. Glad I didn't use any more. At this rate one caramel tart is going to combine with a lot of apple ones. [smilie=th_8d1933ff]