The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DebbieT

January's Happy New Scents

Oh my goodness...everyone has such cold weather!

Gail ~ I LOVE Birdy's Baklava! One of my favs!

Slpit~ More Snow???? OH NO! That Hawaiian Zinger should warm you up!

Cbgirl~ Is it usually that cold in Tennessee???

Lovetopuzzle~ Cute avatar!

Hope Jules is having fun!

Remelting:

LOL ~ Blueberry Crumb Cake

CYS ~ Blue Christmas

Think I'll switch them out soon.

LOL, slpit - glad it is "warming Up" to 7 degrees! :shock: What a long spell of wintry weather you have had.

LL - I loved the old Mulling Spices - what is the difference? Is it grapey?

Today the remains of Home Sweet Home (YC) is sitting on the candle warmer and

Downey Water Lily and Jasmine from Almost Country is in the master.

Now melting Blackberry Jam Cookie from Nene in the kitchen and Pumpkin Crunch from Missy in the den. Both are great!

Maggie.....this has been the coldest weather we have had in a while. Hope it warms up soon!

poor splt. I conjured up an image of a banshee with snow up to her armpits screaming at the top of her lungs only to scare the pretty cardinals away.

I am probably in the minority here, but I love winter. (should I have written that in the smallest font size possible?)

CFTKR blueberry vanilla bomb

Tunisianswife, how are you likng the Carol's Blueberry Vanilla Bomb? One of our very favorites here.

Put on a new one for me today LOL - Hunny Bunny Cake. Wow! The cold scent had me doubting it, but once it started to melt - Whooo Hoo!

Temperature here is 43. The sad thing? The Texas natives think it is cold!

poor splt. I conjured up an image of a banshee with snow up to her armpits screaming at the top of her lungs only to scare the pretty cardinals away.

I am probably in the minority here, but I love winter. (should I have written that in the smallest font size possible?)

CFTKR blueberry vanilla bomb

TunisiansWife, Maybe we both are in the minority. I also love winter!Smiley_Emote_Winter_by_Momma__G.gifMelting Nene"s Cider Doughnuts. YUM!

Just went through and organized the big basket in the LR-so I pulled all of my older tarts to melt through-

Right now its-Candledippers-sea salt caramel, celtic moonspice, and cactus sea salt.

Just got the call from school that they will not go back tomorrow, due to "inclement weather"!!! :shock: They are stir crazy and driving me up the wall. I have tried every trick in the book to keep them entertained-from playing endless board games, working on several projects,experiments, and even book reading and cleaning. I guess I am going to have to start digging out the bus barn! Lol!

Took a ride to our mall today with my friend, her daughter and my DD. Of course we stopped in YC. The smallest selection of tarts I've ever seen. I did manage to get about 13 tarts, so I could use my $10 of $25. Then I went to B&BW, and got a couple of their tarts, a few were half price. 75 cents not bad for those bad boys, they are super strong, and I even split them in 2.

Right not melting Can-Do's Twinkle Toes. I can't get onsite to check the description, but it does smell might grapefruity cold. I just lit it up and I'll let you know how it is later on.

Have a great night everyone. Stay warm. Its snowing here again and it just feels like its been snowing for a week already, I am SOOOOO DONE!!!!

sillysmom, glad you could snatch a few good tarts at great prices.

I like twinkle toes. It is grapefruity to me too and does last a long time. I seem to remember that after a while, it does mellow out and it took on a slightly different scent after a while.

Today I'm finishing up some of my holiday stash...a mostly bakery day. It has to be - the wind is howling at 30 mph and the wind chill is 5 below...plus it's been snowing off and on all day. Brrr!!

Cinnamon Noel Cookies, Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti, and Christmas Kitchen from Crosscreek

Frosted Sugar Cookie and Prairie Cakes from CFTKR

Maine Woods from PineRidge Scents

Gail and Maggie - I love Birdy's Baklava from Can-Do too.

Barbita and tunisianswife - I really like winter as well. Great time of year for bringing out those candles. 3120.gif

I've been melting Crosscreek's Ultimate Vanilla (very nice)

Barbita and tunisianswife...believe it or not, I like winter as well. But if i were to go down to the base of the hill at our house, I would be standing armpit deep in snow. That I like not so much. i also worry about all the shoveling my husband is doing...we are not exactly spring chickens.

Haven't changed melties yet...Cheryl's stuff goes on and on.

slpit - I understand where you are coming from. I grew up in Ohio and lived there for 27 years. Driving in snow and ice, shoveling, huge snow drifts and breathing in that icy air was not fun, especially when you're not a kid anymore. Hopefully you'll get relief from the snow and frigid temps soon.

I like winter too! :shock: I must say that I do not like the winter winds tho! My wooden wind chimes are smacking against the sliding door. Yikes. I like to have the different seasons so I can appreaciate the next one coming...looking forward to summer at this point.

Melting Harvest Delight from WnS...very nice.

It was 19 here this morning...we don't handle that very well here in SC. It's supposed to be even colder tonight! :shock:

I have 7 bird feeders and get lots of blue jays, cardinals, different types of sparrows and wrens, different types of woodpeckers, nuthatches, titmice, chickadees, and occasionally some rarer species as it gets closer to spring.

Recent melts:

CHC herbal...doubled up...moderate

GHBT friendship tea...strong and wonderful

Southern Star bird of paradise...moderate

YC lakeside birch...moderate

Gourmetsoyonline 7up pound cake...strong and yummy

I like winter, too, though living in Las Vegas some argue that we don't experience a true winter. Today was sunny, 61and no wind so we went to the park and had a picnic. Then we fed 5 loaves of bread to the ducks, geese and pigeons that were in and around the pond. Splinters & Rags is still going strong so I'll just leave it for the evening. Such a unique scent!

Believe it or not, I love winter too. I am like you, Maggie, I like the change of seasons. I always look forward to the next season!

Tonight we are enjoying Blue Sugar from Almost Country

Hi!

Silly, our YC is such a sad sight. They don't even have many of the new Spring scents that a lot of other stores have in stock.

I'm melting CFTKR's Amaretto Chocolate and burning YC's Winterland.

I spent most of the day melting Pizelle (finally figured out that was the yummy cookie scent) and Cranberry & Balsam. I was also burning my 3 wick Egg Nog from DD.

Good evening,

I hope all you winter lovers are enjoying the cold. Also hope you non-winter lovers will have a short, warm one. Count me in as a non-winter lover. Eighty degrees year round, my idea of paradise. :)

I'm melting Busy Bee's Butterscotch Brulee. One little clamshell and it's so strong I had to pour part of it out to save for another day. These clams from Busy Bee are about six months old and every one is lots more potent than when I first got them. Their staying power is pretty darned impressive!

Gail

Temperature here is 43. The sad thing? The Texas natives think it is cold!

:) Lana, I couldn't help but laugh at your comment. You sound just like me. We had a week of daytime temps in the 50s about three weeks ago and the Southern California natives, as well as cold weather transplants, were complaining about how freezing it was. I had to, juuuust had to, politely remind a few that it was not freezing, just a bit chilly. :lol:

Last melt of the night is a sample from Nene's - Buttercream Whip.