The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DebbieT

January's Happy New Scents

I know how you feel about BG, Gail. Split: That's booger freezing weather...It's not quite that cold here, but it's cold enough ..We're trying to keep the water and food going for my outside babies and our beautiful birds and pesky squirrels. Our ferals have their little houses, so they are o.k. I am melting Carol's Cedar and Spice. I love this scent and had to include a bag of this in my order yesterday. Have a great day and stay warm.

Kim, what a sweetheart you are for taking such good care of the outside fur and feathered ones. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Cedar and Spice. Wow, that sounds like a great scent for a cold winter day! [smilie=th_aa17]

Gail

I'm melting North Pole from YC. I love minty scents this time of year.

I do too, Olive. I just switched over the LR melter to Bizzyb's hot cocoa and candycane. smells so good. I find mint very comforting and soothing.

thanks for the well wishes for Mr. Character. He did vomit a while ago. hmmm. He seems fine. dragging his babies from bed to bed. There is a method to his madness; just haven't figured it out yet. I so love this dog. don't get me wrong, I love all 3 and they're all special in their own way but he is so entertaining.

all your smellies sound so good everyone. that cedar and spice sounds wonderful.

poor splt, that cold arctic weather just doesn't let up for you, does it?

think this afternoon's sleepy time melt in the BR will be CBV mint tea. sounds soothing and comfy.

Melting Vanilla Crack and Comfortably Numb by LOL.... [smilie=th_goodnight] Another two WOWS!!!

tunisianswife~ I am so glad your little guy is OK! So far my baby hasn't eaten any of the tarts...thank goodness....but ya never know with them.

Right now I'm melting:

AMS - Tribal Nights (we love this!)

AMS - Drakkar in 2 melters (love this one also)

Burning:

YC - Banana Nut Bead

Happy New Year everyone! I'm melting my first tart of 2010, Can-Do Lessie's Whipped Cream and Honeydew.

GoodAfternoon!

On this very chilly Saturday I'm melting

CFTKR Bonnie Blue cookies

Candles Banana Nut Bread and Ginger Caramel strudel both from GC

Can-do Caramel Apple Pie,,,really yummy!

Happy New year everyone [smilie=th_goodnight] Been busy for a couple days, so here's what I've been melting:

YC berry jam....strong

YC rhubarb plum...strong

Essential Pleasures southern belle...moderate

YC Boo!...doubled up...moderate

Can-Do Mimi's House...strong

CYS sugared pomegranate maple...really strong

Good afternoon!

I'm melting Mrs. Claus Cookies from Haley's. So good!

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend.

Katz: Glad to know you are also taking care of the critters. We mainly feed the deer and wild turkey as this is a hard tjme for them, but are avid bird feeders as well. We have all types of song birds and today there were more than 30 cardinals feeding. We have bacon grease and peanut butter feeders for the woodpeckers and really enjoy watching them. And anything else that comes in the yard, I find something for. I think they all have a map with our house circled on it.

In the comp room melting CCS Tuscan Patchouli. Mac Apple still going but will probably change things after supper. Ordered a bunch of candles from Cheryl's sale.

Dabba, good to see you.

Skylar! so good to see you. I haven't seen you around in a while.

Splt, that must have been something with all that white snow and beautiful red of those cardinals! I love cardinals.

Happy New Year Everyone! Been busy the past couple of days. Hope everyone has been well! Today I have a bunch of scents going YC Farmer's Market, YC Cherry YC Red Berry & Cedar and the last one is Slatkins Vanilla Shortbread. Rather a strange combo but they all work well together.

Hi All!

I hope things will be getting back to normal around here. It has been a very hectic few weeks. I had a huge party yesterday that went for about 12 hours straight. The party was in my basement and everyone commented on my huge candle collection. They also know about my huge tart stash. A few of my nieces requested electric tartburners for their rooms for Christmas. I gave them some along with some tarts. I also gave one to my cleaning lady along with some of my tart stash. I have really turned a lot of my friends and relatives into addicts. During my party my sister asked if my niece could have more tarts. She brought down 2 baskets and I ended up giving out plastic bags for my sister, SIL, nieces, cousins and some friends to have some take home gifts. They could not get over that I had so many tarts. This would not be a surprise to many of you. LOL It was hysterical the way they were going through the baskets and stuffing their bags!!!!

I am melting CYS Vanilla Smoothie and BG Very Vanilla. Both are very good. :

Happy New Year all! [smilie=th_a056] Haven't been on the 'puter much since still having problems & with the holiday weekend, no one has come to check it yet. Did a search on it and it can be anything from an overheated fan to a virus to an OS problem. Funny how I feel outta the loop not being on here every day. [smilie=th_aa18]

Still melting, tho. Yesterday was CrossCreek's A Northwoods Christmas - fantastic! This morning was Cheryl's Holiday Eggnog (still like her 'regular' version better) and this evening it's her Creamy Cinnamon Chai, one of my fave's. Everybody stay safe and cozy warm in this cold, snowy weather. [smilie=th_goodnight]

Michele, that sounds like my kind of party....tart giveaways...woohoo!

Where the heck is Jules? Not like her to not check in around here, and haven't seen her on Facebook in awhile either.

This evening I'm melting YC Hazelnut Coffee....it's strong and yummy! Also burning YC Oatmeal Cookie, and still trying to finish up my jar of Christmas Cupcake. Hope everyone has a great night!

Wowza, you girls and guys have some great scents going! I want to have a progressive scent party, kind of like a progressive dinner party. Go from house to house all day long just so's I can sniff wax. [smilie=th_12E9EC16] [smilie=th_anyminute]

Slpit, I'm jealous. Deer and wild turkeys, song birds AND cardinals? How lovely your yard must be for you and all your visitors! I, OTOH, have never even seen a cardinal. Sad but true. :shock:

Candlelove, that is so darned cute about your massive tart giveaway. You're quite an accomplished enabler! [smilie=yes] If you don't mind my asking, what did you and your guests do (besides all the wax fun!) for twelve hours? I only ask because I'm thinking of having a little party later in the year. Do you play board/card games? Play Wii? Dance? Just curious is all. No need to reply if you'd rather not. :lol:

Sweet, we missed you and wondered where you were, but kinda figured your computer was being difficult. Naughty thing! [smilie=th_c53]

Yah, Jules is still MIA, hopefully she's simply still celebrating over the weekend. Anybody else unaccounted for?

I'm melting LOL's Tropical Pear. SO GOOD! Guess I'm already getting myself ramped up for future spring sales. If you have a problem with me jumping ahead, well... [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] I can't help myself! [smilie=th_create]

Gail

Gail- I don't mind you asking about my party. It is kind of an open house party with people arriving all day long. I have both sides of the family over and some of my friends come later in the evening. The group that comes later just tends to stay later that is all. Since today was a Saturday nobody was in a rush to leave. We all just sat around eating, talking and catching up. It was so nice. I do this every year and everyone really looks forward to it.

sipit-That is unbelievable that you have so many visitors to your yard. Some of you here live in really rural areas. That is so different from where I live that I can't even imagine what it must be like. It sounds so beautiful. When I visited my cousin in Washington State a couple of years ago her backyard had mountains in the background. It was breathtaking. Just more houses visible from my backyard. The houses here are fairly close together.

It feels so good just to relax tonight and chat with all of you. [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Thank you, Michelle. [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] Your party sounds lovely! I'm always curious about people's parties because playing party host isn't really my strong suit but I do like to do it once in awhile. Thanks again!

Gail

Hello!

We just got back from dinner at our favorite Indian restaurant. It's sooo windy and cold here but I didn't want to cook after last night.

I have YC's Winterland burning. I'm melting something really yummy from Carol but I don't remember which scent it is. It smells like Frosted Sugar Cookie but I don't remember taking that one out to melt. Maybe it's Original Sugar Cookie. Whatever it is, it's outstanding. Downstairs I'm melting Cranberry Balsam which is close to YC's Autumn Gold.

We city/country girls luv our critters. We also have the suet feeders, but the squirrels keep knocking them down. We have lots of chick-a-dees, finchs, cardinals, blue jays and woodpeckers here. They are so cool to watch. This late evening I am melting Bella Candles and Tarts -Cracklin Birch. Everyone stay warm