The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

October's Fragrance Festival

LLVV, hey neighbor, I'm glad your feeling better. Toothaches are the worst. Where is the dentist you use, in town? We gotta get together soon, how is my little friend? She must be getting so big! Oh yea, and pink dog of course!

Hey Silly. My dentist is pretty far from us in Hicksville. They also have a pediatric office within their adult practice which is great. The little one is doing great. She's turning 5 next week so we're having a party this weekend - and rain is predicted...ugh. Pink Puppy gets lots of good snuggles at night.

I'm melting Carol's Christmas Magic which is an awesome Christmas scent! I'm also melting her Francinsense and Myrrh which is ok. It's pretty light and smells like powder but I guess this is what it's supposed to smell like. I loved the name and remember it so well from the book Gift of the Magi that I had to get it.

Aria: I'm really diggin' the splinters and rags. It reminds me of another scent, but I can't place it.

it reminds me of the sinus relief tarts. I love it! Smells like camphor.

Can-Do Honey Gingerbread is still going strong in the kitchen

Apple Jack and Peel ~ CFTKR in the mudroom

Cranberry Woodspice ~ CFTKR upstairs

LLVV, glad to hear that your doing better - toothaches are the worst. I am going to have to order that Christmas Magic from Carol as I am very fond of scents that smell like a real Christmas tree! I also love woodsy type scents. I noticed Carol has one called Cedarwood Vanilla. Have you ever tried that one by chance. I love the description that Carol gives.

Hello-

I had a late start to melting today since I had lots of running around to do.

I am melting-

CYS Caramel Apple Cupcakes

CFTKR Caramel Custard

CCCC Nutty Taffy Apple

Burning-

YC Cinnister

YC Buttercream

YC Almond Cookie

Home Interiors Baked Apple Pie

Home Interiors Apple

LLVV-Glad to hear you are feeling better.

I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful day! [smilie=th_goodnight]

Michelle, your house must smell divine right now! I love that Home Interiors Baked Apple Pie!

I second the Home Interiors Baked Apple Pie! It's the most authentic apple pie scent I've ever smelled.

I've been home cleaning all day and changing the melters as I go along.

kitchen and living room-Toasted Caramel Sugar from Scentsy

loft-Vanilla Creme from Scentsy

DD's room-Fairy Forest from EW

DS's room-Starry Nights from EW

master bedroom-French Kiss from Scentsy

I've got Crosscreek's Autumn Magic going right now! Just popped it in! This morning I had crosscreek's Pink Sugar Rush, it was on its 3rd day and going strong!

Melting the last two Pumpkin Cheesecake tarts from Candles, Melts & More.... :cry: Since they are no longer in business I was saving these....I was afraid if I saved them any longer they'd be a lump of wax with no scent at all. So far they are kicking!

MaggieMae - I've been saving some of CM&M tarts, too. Delicious Pumpkin Cheesecake! [smilie=th_goodnight]

LLVV - glad your tooth is much better!

Melting LOL's Pumpkin Ice Cream Cake. Yummmmm! :lol:

gals,gals,gals.....your scent selections sound amazing! just amazing. I sit here drooling and wish I could take a sneak-whiff of all of them.

I got a frankenscence and mhyrr as a freebie from Carol. thanks for the review. I'll probably put it in my bathroom or bedroom.

melting Carol's cinnamon rolls here in the LR-mmmm, heaven. nice strong cinnamon but I get whiffs of buttah every now and then. so good. got a freebie of her white cake which i melted earlier but had the almond paste aroma.

BR-a downy candle from a local vendor. really no throw but these candles burn so nice and clean; too bad. also melting CFTKR Christmas Wish.

bath-CFTKR mistletoe and Ivy still going.

have a good eve all.

MaggieMae - I've been saving some of CM&M tarts, too. Delicious Pumpkin Cheesecake! :P

:lol:

MMMMMMM! I know! I have only a few of Hot Apple Pie left....so sad!

I recently tried LOL Sugar Bits. I know it's a favorite around here, but mine was a dud. I could hardly smell it. Maybe it's just my nose...anyway, I have replaced it with SH Berry Lemon Bundt Cake. DH was excited that he could smell it (thought it smelled like strawberries).

Good evening!

I'm really enjoying my latest order from Carol. Today I melted Harvest End which was outstanding. It's different that your traditional YC Harvest scent (which Carol also sells). It has more fruit notes along with spice. I also melted Christmas Magic which is sort of like a cross between YC's Misteltoe and Autumn Leaves. At the beginning I smelled YC's Misteltoe which I just adore and towards the end of the tart's life I was smelling Autumn Leaves. I'm really really super happy with this latest order.

Tonight I'm melting Carol's Buttercream Maple Frosting which isn't new to me but I had already taken the tart out to melt so in it went into the melter. If I go back downstairs to watch TV then I'll turn on Harvest End again.

I'm burning YC's Macintosh. The two new baby jars that I'm melting, Pumpkin Pie and Macintosh, aren't doing as well as Autumn Fruit and Spiced Pumpkin did. Pumpkin Pie's wick totally died which interestingly enough also happened with my Pumpkin Pie votive. I trashed it when it was 50% done. The Macintosh one isn't throwing so well and is tunnelling on one side a little which shocks me because I've heard lots of raves about this scent. I'm thinking or returning the other baby jars that I bought and just getting votives instead.

I recently tried LOL Sugar Bits. I know it's a favorite around here, but mine was a dud. I could hardly smell it. Maybe it's just my nose...anyway, I have replaced it with SH Berry Lemon Bundt Cake. DH was excited that he could smell it (thought it smelled like strawberries).

cmarie, I just love SH's Berry Lemon Bundt Cake. It is a favorite of mine.

:P [smilie=th_aola] [smilie=th_balloons] [smilie=th_aola] :lol:

This was me at the LOL Candlestore today! We had a wonderful time and Allison and Achilles were just incredibly nice people, (as I knew they would be!) As a special, just in from Texas treat, they set me loose in the back work room, and I opened every single one of the tart bins for a sniff-a-rooni! [smilie=th_Drglar] [smilie=th_yahoo]

I picked out 80 popp tarts, and with the exception of a handful, that was one per scent, about 75 different scents! I also bought one of the very pretty mosaic tea light melters, my very first tea light melter. We have it going in the motel room right now with:

Candied Pomegranate Margarita, a really great scent I would not have ordered from the name, but was easy to pick in person. It is strong and more tart than candied to my nose, but my anti-sweet niece says it is sweet! (Hey she is a baker at Hershey Chocolate's Chocolate World, so give her a break. I might not want to smell sweet stuff after that all day too!)

LanaandAllison.jpg

OnewallatLOL.jpg

Thegoodiesintheback-LOL.jpg

AchillesandAllisonbysign.jpg

AchillesandAllisondoor.jpg

AchillesandAllisoncloseup.jpg

OMG, I nearly passed out when I saw your pictures Mamalana. Those boxes and boxes and rows and rows of tarts are sending my scent hormones into overdrive. :P Thanks for sharing!

Burning:

Aromasoy by Grazia - V Secret Rapture type

Candle-lite - Cranberry (Walmart)

Slatkin - Juicy Nectarine

Melting:

CFTKR - Cranberry Cocktail

CFTKR - Merlin's Forest

This rainy morning it is YC Fall Fruit, Orchard Pear, Wild Cherry, Cinnamon and Sugar and a vanilla triple layer one I am just starting. Have a great day everyone.

Lana--how did you ever find the strength and will power to leave LOL? I think I would have stayed forever.

Recent melts:

Can-Do applesauce cake (moderate)

GHBT grandpa's berry patch (strong)

GHBT earth goddess (strong0

EW pillows and jewels (moderate)

Just Tarts banana nut bread (weak)

CYS German honey cake (moderate)

CYS gingerbread caramel cake (moderate)

Haley's witches brew (strong)

Haley's country bumpkin (strong)

Southern Star apple jack (strong)