The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

October's Fragrance Festival

Guest ilovescentedthings
ilovescentedthings, I hope you're not getting the flu. My DD had H1N1 about a month ago and it was just awful. Take care and feel better soon!

I'm melting Pumpkin Roll and Vanilla Creme, both from Scentsy.

thank you... I read that some people have the fever and others dont.. What type of "symptoms" did she have? I've read or looked once online but I am too nervous now.

I would rather hear first hand what the symptoms are from someone I sort of know. kwim?

ilovescentedthings, I hope you're not getting the flu. My DD had H1N1 about a month ago and it was just awful. Take care and feel better soon!

I'm melting Pumpkin Roll and Vanilla Creme, both from Scentsy.

thank you... I read that some people have the fever and others dont.. What type of "symptoms" did she have? I've read or looked once online but I am too nervous now.

I would rather hear first hand what the symptoms are from someone I sort of know. kwim?

Her symptoms were a sore throat, fever, (102 that wouldn't go down even with Tylenol and cold packs) body aches and just being very tired. She would sleep 12 hours at night and take 4 hour naps during the day. She had no energy and no appetite. Fortunately, I was able to keep her hydrated, but she didn't eat for about 4 days.When I took her to the dr. they did the test for flu, but there wasn't anything they could give her. It took her a full two weeks before she was completely back to normal.

Good Morning, everyone. Just had a email from DH and at my house yesterday they got just short of 6" or rain. Way too much for a 24 hr period. They are calling for some snow here tomorrow and Sunday and I am hoping it doesn't mess up my Dad's birthday celebration. We are supposed to go out to my sister's house for it tomorrow. Hopefully, it won't amount to anything. It is a little early here for winter.

I have on two candles this early morning--the same two I've been burning--trying to finish them up so I can put something new on--YC Mango Peach Salsa and Vanilla Cupcake. Hope you all have a great Friday. [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

[smilie=th_bb20] We're supposed to have record-breaking hot weather here today [smilie=snoopy]

Recent melts:

YC spring bouquet (strong)

The Tart Shack yuzu (total dud)

Just Tarts vanilla walnut (weak)

Mookie doodle tuberose (another dud) [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Good morning!

I'm melting Carol's Cider & Stix and Milk Maid. I'm also burning YC's Spiced Pumpkin.

good morning, all. Trep, hope that the snow just is one of those early morn falls and gone by noon.

for those that are feeling a bit under the weather, hope that you are feeling better today.

remelting GHBT Trick or Treat

Happy Friday all.

Started the day off with CHS Apple Danish...first one I didn't care for. [smilie=th_biggestgrin] Switched to CHS Banana Nut Bread (yummy) and Cinnamon Buns (double yummy).

Melting Hartford Hideaway (CYS) in BR....nice!

Hope everything works out for you Trep!

Hi everybody. [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

That's too bad about your cell phone, LLVV. Maybe it'll show up eventually, although that's not helpful to you now. A few years back, we lost ours. Found it after a few weeks. DH had turned it off, stuck it in the Coleman cooler and stored it away. [smilie=snoopy]

I hope those of you who haven't been feeling well are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel today.

Trep, may the birthday celebration be perfect! Keeping my fingers crossed...

Today I'm melting LOL.

It's called Comfortably Numb.

I really like this little tart.

It's strong and oh so YUM.

Gail, the pathetic poet

Here at school I am burning my YC purr-chouli candle. It's funny, the first five or so burns I got nothing from it. Now all of a sudden it has started throwing [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Morning everyone! [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

My early melts are

Can-Do Spiced Nuts

CFTKR Hillbilly Homebrew....love this one

Crosscreek Orange Sherbet

Have a nice day ! [smilie=snoopy]

Good morning! We have a little blizzard going on right now, it's crazy! But it is keeping my sister -in-law from coming home, so I am bummed. [smilie=th_00000020]

Not having so much luck with melties today either. I tried Cando's Candy Apple, and got absolutely no throw, and then we put in Candledipper's White Tea and Ginger, and it's not very impressive either. Has anyone else had any trouble with Cando's melts not keeping scent after being stored? These are from last spring, and like I said... not much scent at all.

I just put on an Orange Crumb Cake from LOL, one of my very favorites. I am very excited, because two weeks from now I am going to visit LOL's store in PA. Whoo Hoo, talk about a road trip, Dallas, TX to Scranton, PA! [smilie=th_00000020]

Hey Mama, are you going to PA just to go to LOL? Could you give me the address, I got to Hershey alot, and maybe I can make a sidetrip there? Thanks

On this (finally not raining in MO) autumn day I am burning lots of candles around the house. Also melting:

Cider Snap-Candledippers

Fireside-CFTKR

Pumpkin Pie Paradise-Crosscreek

Pumpkin Patch-CYS

Clean Cotton-Just Tarts

Have a good day. I do hope that all of you suffering with the flu, feel better soon. They have shut down all of the water fountains at my DDs' school to try and help stop the spread of the H1N1. It's probably in vain as a lot of the kids are sick now, but every bit helps.

Switched out Slatkin Ginger Vanilla for CrossCreek Banana Nut. I'm not having much luck with Slatkin's candles lately...getting weak throw, if any. [smilie=th_00000020]