The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

July's Star Spangled Scents

Whew! Still really hot here!

I hope you all have had a safe holiday.

Today's scents: CD - Honeysuckle Lilac, 2 melters with different results, (tealight vs. 24w.)

and CFTKR - Asian Spice.

Well, fireworks displays are finished or finishing up for those of you living in the East and Mid-West. Here in California they will begin in about an hour.

My last melt of the night is CFTKR - Cherry Pie which seems a fitting way to end this day.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Fourth of July. [smilie=th_sSig_what]

Yes, Denny, we are still getting ready for the big shows out here!

Tonight's final melt is Lemon Bay - Ambra de Nepal type.

Debra:

Yes, isn't that orange thumb print really good?

My evening melting is CFTKR Vanilla Bliss. I thought I had some ultimate vanilla but I have none, but had 4 bags of bliss. I need it, the fireworks really upset Ozzy and he has to take a tranquilizer to keep him calm. He's in the other computer room with my husband right now and I need BLISS cuz it's so loud here with the ILLEGAL fireworks.

Cisley

didn't see or hear one firework last night. 1st time that has ever happened. hope thats not a bad omen.

thismorning is pink by dew drop scents. another [smilie=th_sSig_what] good one!

Good morning!

Denim - that's so weird. We were getting worried but then around 9:30 everyone started blasting. It was a lot of fun but by 10 DD was begging to go to bed.

I'm going to melt Strawberry Buttercream Cupcake and Fruity Loops today. I'm trying to figure out what we're going to do today as a family. I'm thinking of maybe going to the outlets or to the mall. I really want to go to the Bronx Zoo with DD but we're off to too late of a start for that today. Tomorrow we have 15 kids and their parents coming over for a party for DD. She wants to have all of her buddies over to play in her pool...no clue how they will all fit it but it will be a lot of fun.

Today's scents: CD - Honeysuckle Lilac, 2 melters with different results, (tealight vs. 24w.)

Debra....research! [smilie=th_smilies-2] So...which melter gave U better results?

Melting GG's Metro Man Latte. It's ok, but (to me) I'm getting a little maple-y scent to this and I'm not a fan of maple. I like CFTKR's Sugar Crunch Latte better. [smilie=th_sSig_what]

Our fireworks were rained out last night, so it was quiet around here. This morning I am melting Candeldippers-Bamboo and Teak. I hope everyone has a good day.

Good morning. We're all recovering here from a great day and night of merriment. I didn't melt anything most of the day yesterday because some of our guests were not too keen on candle scents.

This morning I put on Summer Reunion from Busy Bee's, and HoT - Coconut Creme Coffee.

Now...I need to do some clean-up.

Bigred emailed me. He is having computer problems, and will be back on as soon as he can. Hopefully Monday?

Guest ilovescentedthings
Good morning. We're all recovering here from a great day and night of merriment. I didn't melt anything most of the day yesterday because some of our guests were not too keen on candle scents.

This morning I put on Summer Reunion from Busy Bee's, and HoT - Coconut Creme Coffee.

Now...I need to do some clean-up.

Bigred emailed me. He is having computer problems, and will be back on as soon as he can. Hopefully Monday?

Jules,

do you know if hot is permanetly closed?I went to their website to look at the description of the coconut creme coffee as it sounded yummy and it says they are closed.

Hope everyone had a great 4th. We surely did around here. Went to the local fireworks festival and came home and shot ours off. We were up till about 3 in the morning!

Today Im melting LOL-Buttery Crossiant and burning CBV-Honey I Washed The Youngins.

[smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJackie_vi7]

I just won the LOL New Scent Contest! Yippee!! I am not melting yet, but will bust out another LOL to celebrate! I did Pear Toffee Drizzle last night, which I LOVED. I had melted one when I first got the box and didn't care for it, maybe the scent blended a bit better after curing? Anyway, I can't wait to try some of the new scents, Blueberry Oatmeal Rain Muffin was my choice, but the Peach Ice Cream and Bubble Gum and Pink Sugar sound AWESOME too!

I'm melting Forever Alice from Blue Gecko. The next time I order I need to get a huge stock of this scent.

darlingj1 - congrats on winning the contest.

I hope that HOT is not permanently closed. The last time I ordered I got a sample of EDP in Egyptian Wedding Cake and it was wonderful. I'd love to have more of that.

I hope that HOT is not permanently closed. The last time I ordered I got a sample of EDP in Egyptian Wedding Cake and it was wonderful. I'd love to have more of that.

[smilie=th_sSig_what] I'm hoping she isn't closed permanently, too, Olive. :shock: A while ago I got on her site to check and at least then there was stuff about opening in July, facebook, etc. But now.....nuttin! :shock: I got a sample edp in Sweet Sugar and need more of it. IMO, she has some of the strongest, longest lasting edp's out there. [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Changed to Cheryl's Harvest Spice & Apple. [smilie=th_fabulous1]

[smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJackie_vi7]

I just won the LOL New Scent Contest! Yippee!! I am not melting yet, but will bust out another LOL to celebrate! I did Pear Toffee Drizzle last night, which I LOVED. I had melted one when I first got the box and didn't care for it, maybe the scent blended a bit better after curing? Anyway, I can't wait to try some of the new scents, Blueberry Oatmeal Rain Muffin was my choice, but the Peach Ice Cream and Bubble Gum and Pink Sugar sound AWESOME too!

[smilie=th_CONGRA34] That's fantastic, Jenny. Congratulations! Blueberry Oatmeal Raisin Muffins sounds great!

I don't know about HoT. I thought the closing was temporary. It's been so long.

Debra....research! :? So...which melter gave U better results?

Melting GG's Metro Man Latte. It's ok, but (to me) I'm getting a little maple-y scent to this and I'm not a fan of maple. I like CFTKR's Sugar Crunch Latte better. [smilie=th_CONGRA34]

Gotta love research!! :?

It was interesting because I usually expect fast, big, short throw from my 24w and less intensity from the tea light melter. This time it took a long time for the electric to kick out the scent and when it did, it was not as intense - hard to describe but it was almost like I was smelling it through something else, the scent was muffled. ?? Am I making any sense at all?

Today is MakinPerfectScents Pink Lemonade - family says it smells like Pez. They like it!

Congrats on your winnings darlin!!

Today I'm melting LemonGrass from AMS. Very strong!

Earlier today I melted CFTKR - Apple Brown Betty

Now I'm melting CFTKR - Skinny Dippin'. Nice summer scent. [smilie=th_CONGRA34]