The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Melt-A-Liscious May

Yeah, strange day indeed. :oops:

Jules, I think I was feeling a bit like you today. I went through a ton of tarts at school today, and just couldn't get happy. :shock: Tried Nene's Bake Shoppe, Birthday Cake, Cherry Chip Cake, and Red Velvet Cake. No, no, no, and no. Nothing with cherry in it from her has smelled right to me, almost chemical-y.

It took a Doodle Bug from GHBT to make it right.

Now that I am finally home I have Sweet Commotion from LOL going, and it is good, I just wish it was a bit stronger. Hoping for a better melting day tomorrow.

Ir took a Doodle Bug to make it right? :lol: I like that. :lol:

Not melting anything tonight because I am trying out the new layered LOL candle!! (see my LOL P0rn) So far I am pleased with the throw of the top layer, which is Pineapple Orange Buttercream. DH even commented that it was more strongly scented than other things I have melted/burned. The melt pool is not all the way out to the edges, but I may have trimmed the wick too short, not really sure. At any rate, it is burning very cleanly so far and I am looking forward to burning it more!!

:shock:

Hey Cmarie... I have to let my LOL jars burn for quite a long time on the first burn to get it all the way to the edges. After that, it seems to get back to about normal. I would say on a first burn I let it go for 4-5 hours.

I hope you like having your melts organized by vendor, Candlelove. Although I'm still in the process of reorganizing, I like it much better.

This evening:

Ageless Sleep - EW

The Witches Pet Spider - HoT

Wash Day - FP

American Grass Roots - GHBT

Burning a triple layer candle from The Light Fandango: BNB/Carrot Cake/Pumpkin Spice.

Late night melts are The 3 Musketeers-LOL (divine!) and Cream Cheese Frosting-CFTKR. I had a busy day of hanging pictures, work and grocery shopping. I'm pooped, but feel like I had a productive day. The new place is starting to look like home.

Jason, I'm glad everything's coming together at your new place.

This morning's scents are:

EW Oh Romeo

EW Midnight Pomegranate

Sears - Eucalyptus & Sage pillar

added in Bissy's - Tropical Blast

I wish we could all meet up at Jason's new apartment [smilie=th_Hnh5] Recent melts from YC are sheer gardenia, willow breeze, tahitian tiareflower! [smilie=th_Hello_]

[smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurra_fruehling3] Good morning!

Just enjoying my coffee right now and melting Carol's Cinnamon Spiced Orange. I love this scent.

I also organize my tarts by vendor. Right now, my two biggest stashes are CFTKR and Crosscreek...followed by GHBT, Blue Gecko and Nene's.

All of this morning's melts are relights-

CHC Hummingbird Cake

HOT Sweet Sixteen

CFTKR Strawberry Fluffers

CFTKR Pink Sugared Strawberries

Right now my two biggest stashes are AMS and CFTKR followed by GHBT, EW and CH.

[smilie=th_Hello_]

Morning!

Starting out with

BG--Electric Lime

YC Vanilla Lime

Will add some candles later in the day.

Aria.....I love your avatar,it's so pretty!

Good Morning all! I will bring some snacks for Jason's housewarming party...

I am melting

Island Paradise-Rosa's(another disappointment)

Blueberry Supreme-Phebes

Holiday Rendevous-CFTKR

Getting ready for some chores around the house-gotta love Tuesdays.

Hello! This morning I'm melting Cinnamon Blueberry Strudel and Buttercream Maple Frosting.

I'm melting Cheryl's "Santa's Pipe". So strong! I'm going to make an order from Cheryl very soon. This was my last one.

Hi all! First scents of the day are:

K - Chocolate Latte - CD - This one was a sample from CD and it's actually pretty good - smells like a real chocolate latte.

LR - Dutch Breeze - CD - A very nice strong scent - a keeper

BR - Breath of Ireland - CBV - One of my most favorite scents from Victoria

Bathroom - Amber Desires - Beaded Hemp - A very nice scent but very faint - The Sea Kelp was strong and lasted through 3 tealights over two days - I wish all her scents were like that

Day 3 of window washing...Has anyone every tried the Woolite Dry Cleaner's Secret? I have burgandy brocade formal curtains in my living room, so I debated-dry clean for 50.00 or try this stuff. well, I tried it and it worked like a dream. They look even better than dry cleaning. I started melting Candle dippers- Sugar mint and it smelled great for awhile and is fading fast. It seems like all of theCandle dipper melts have done this-they go strong for around 3-4 hours and then fizz out. Anyone else have this issue? Well, back to window cleaning. Everyone have a great afternoon.