The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
PuppyLove

February's Fabulous Fragrances

Guest scentedstamper

Good Morning! So far the melters are going with : Crosscreek : Cinnamon Crunch Cake, and Scones and Cinnamon Butter, CFTKR Cappuccino Brulee and LOL Pink Sugar Buttercream back in the bedroom. (not sure why, but I save all the "pinks" and softer scents for back there. It just seems right!) And burning one candle, GC Apple Spice.

On a side note, before work this am my DH says, " It smells like kerosene in the kitchen". I was gathering laundry to do, so I went out to the kitchen and sure enough, a "fuel" type smell. Unfortunately it was my brand new beautiful CBV candle. (Apple Strudel) Dang. It's not so bad when I have to ditch a .95 tart, but an $18 (plus s&h) candle is tough to take. I guess it goes into my emergency stash ; those rejects I save for when the power goes out. And DH is very good about my little obsession! I only get an occasional, "Do you really like that?", or the strangest one , which is a more frequent comment, "That smells like celery!" (Huh???!!!)

Have a great day everyone! If anybody else has experienced that "fuel" odor from a candle, CBV or others, I'd love your input!

Sheryl

:lol: I thought today was going to be crappy, but never understimate the power of smell! I have Hello Sugar from LOL going, and I LOVE IT!! What a perky, happy smell, I am going to have to get a lot more of these, I only bought one because sometimes I think lemon candles smell like Pledge. This one smells like lemon bars or something delicious, and it is making me BOUNCY! :P Hope you all have a great melting day!

Guest scentedstamper

darlingj1, so glad you like Hello Sugar! It's one of my favorites and I agree on the lemon Pledge thing! This one is so much better. (EW's Lemon Biscotti is also a nice lemon) Have you ever tried Hello Sugar in Allison's Bath&Body products? YUMO!

Sheryl

Before work I'm enjoying Hazelnut Cappuccino from Harvest Glow in the kitchen/DR and Salty Sea Air from EW in the powder room. Hope everyone has a good day. It's almost Friday! :lol:

I'm melting Pomelo de la Vainilla from Cozy Cottage. It smells fantastic.
Olive, this sounds so exotic. Nice. :P

Hi Cookielady. :P

I'm still grabbing goodies from my clamshell stash. Today I added to the mix:

PI - Plumeria

CD - Walk in the Woods

they don't exactly match scentwise, but I only had two cubes left in each pack so I'm melting them. (that's a terribe reason to choose scents, btw)

I'm melting Pomelo de la Vainilla from Cozy Cottage. It smells fantastic.
Olive, this sounds so exotic. Nice. :P

Hi Cookielady. :P

I'm still grabbing goodies from my clamshell stash. Today I added to the mix:

PI - Plumeria

CD - Walk in the Woods

they don't exactly match scentwise, but I only had two cubes left in each pack so I'm melting them. (that's a terribe reason to choose scents, btw)

In separate melters I hope.

Never ruin a good Plumeria!! [smilie=th_1286B215]

This morning I am melting LOL's Really Red Velvet Cake...this is good and strong...this one has a red cherry scent to it...I think I like the plain ole rvc better.

Have a super day everyone!

Oh Man! This one is my FAVORITE! What does the plain old red velvet cake smell like? I think the reason why I love the Really Red is because of the cherry, I can't get enough of it! :P

In separate melters I hope.

Never ruin a good Plumeria!! :P

I couldn't agree more. Seperate rooms even. Walk in the Woods is in the back bedroom. Plumeria is on the desk in front of me. :P

Cat - Just curious. When you use a hurricane, does it affect the throw of the candle? Thanks.

How are you Tobe? It does affect the throw, but I haven't been using this candle for scenting. It's Snickerdoodle and smells nice,but its not a huge throw. I do like the way it looks with the hurricane, with the glow from the inside of the candle and the flame bouncing off the rim-really pretty.

It still gives a nice background "bakery" scent.

I added Cherish-Candledippers

Oh Romeo-Everyday Whims

Tahitian Vanilla Spice-Crosscreek

to the mix today.

This morning it was Soy Lovely frosted pink cupcake and LOL berry cream cheese muffin...both yummy! Now I am changing to pink sugar from candles, melts, and more, YC cinnamon stick, and coconut and peaches from Melissa's specialty soaps and primitive wicks! :P

Changed over to Cinnamon Buns from Primitive Kountry. Does well in a smaller room. The scent is great.

It has been so cold here today. Windchill down to 0!

This morning was Bourbon Vanilla from Cozy Cottage. Now I have Eyes2Blue melting from Beaded Hemp - a blue sugar variation. (jules - are you paying attention? :lol: )

Good evening

I am melting LOL's White Chocolate Pepermint Bark and feel like in heaven. :lol:

This truly scents my whole apartment.

I don't know how could I have lived without LOL before??????

This evening I'm melting Crosscreek's Buttercream Frosting and Can Do's Caramel Corn....both are so yummy!Have a nice evening everyone.

This morning was Bourbon Vanilla from Cozy Cottage. Now I have Eyes2Blue melting from Beaded Hemp - a blue sugar variation. (jules - are you paying attention? :lol: )

I must admit that I perked up when I read that scent name. How is it?

I've got Full Moon's Sea Cactus on for tonight.

and some others that I already mentioned today.

That Pink Grapefruit from this morning is still so strong-its unreal!

I am also burning Clarity-Bean Pod for everyone in need.

Hope you all have a good evening.

Good Evening all!

Just changed the melters to:

Sweet Pea - CBV

Biolage - CFTKR

Both are very nice although the Biolage kind of smells a bit like laundry detergent. The Sweet Pea is excellent though and reminds me a bit of YC's Garden Sweet Pea, which was given to me for Christmas.

See you all later, tonight is Ugly Betty/Gray's Anatomy/Private Practice and Burn Notice (DVR) night! WOOHOO!

That Pink Grapefruit from this morning is still so strong-its unreal!

I am also burning Clarity-Bean Pod for everyone in need.

Hope you all have a good evening.

Cat - the Pink Grapefruit sounds good! Have you tried that in her B&B products, too?

Anyone heard from trep? She's been MIA all week. :? Hope all is well w/you trep!

Haven't head from Doe in a while either. [smilie=The_Hi] Hi Doe! are you still going thru the kabillion tarts U got for Christmas? :lol:

Melting HOT's Orange Cranberry Spice. Soooooo good!

:lol: