The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Sweet September Scents

Good afternoon. I'm chaning melts right now. I didn't like the Spiced Cranberry Ginger Tea. It was too exotic for me. It's not a bad scent, just not my kind of scent. I've replaced that one with Christmas Candied Fruit and Bog Cranberries & Apple. So far so good with those two but they just started up.

Guest Doe

Back to being hot here so I have my new 2 wick Yankee candle in Beach Walk just starting.

When we went to Yankee yesterday they had the free apple baskets out which they didn't last weekend when my son bought me the tarts. So I asked the lady if I brought in the receipt would I be able to get one and she just gave me one!!!! They are really cute.

Also she told me they are going to have a really good sale the day after Christmas on jar candles.

My apartment smells delicious, I have YC ocean melting in a tl burner in the living room with three clean scented jars (evening air, midsummersnight and one I don't remember), plus two votives my BF picked out so I don't know the scents. In the bedroom it smells like fresh peachy fruit with Scentsy's Lucky in Love melting.

:lol:

Good evening! I'm changing my melts again. Downstairs I have Carol's Seven Layer Bars melting and making my house smell delicious. This scent goes really well with meatloaf baking in the oven. Tonight I'll have Pumpkin Harvest Crumb Cake melting.

Katz, how's YC's Fireside? Is it smokey, spicy, or perfumey?

Sweetand spicey...thanks very much...I am 95% better...ready to go back to school tomorrow and hear all the horror stories about my substitute...LOL

Today's melts were /are GHBT best friends, GHBT butterfly garden, and Norman's grapefruit jasmine...gotten hot here again, so the fall stuff wasn't doing it. One of my teen visitors unplugged one of my melters...probably the same one who always tells me I need to go to the grocery store. Today he actually told me what to get :lol: Actually I forgive him because he hasn't had a warm loving family life and next to no "home training" if you know what I mean. Sorry for the essay!

tonight

Huckleberry Layne - Wild Huckleberry

good and strong, my family is happy with it. It's strong enough to overpower the bacon smell from our "breakfast for dinner" night.

Good evening! I'm changing my melts again. Downstairs I have Carol's Seven Layer Bars melting and making my house smell delicious. This scent goes really well with meatloaf baking in the oven. Tonight I'll have Pumpkin Harvest Crumb Cake melting.

Katz, how's YC's Fireside? Is it smokey, spicy, or perfumey?

LLVV, who makes the "meatloaf baking in the oven" scent? I might get one!

LOL...I make it only it's not a tart or candle but a real meat loaf! Here's the recipe:

Meatloaf:

Ground beef

1 pkg. of Lipton onion soup mix

1 egg

3/4 cup of ketchup or tomato sauce

3/4 cup of quick cooking oats

1 Tbsp. of garlic salt

3 Tbsp. of fresh chopped parsley

Pepper to your liking

Option: a handful of raisins (adds a great sweetness and brings out the savory flavors)

Sauce:

8 oz. can of tomato sauce

dash of pepper

dash of salt

2 tsp. of garlic salt

1 tsp. of basil

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix all of the meatloaf ingredients together and form into a loaf. Mix the sauce ingredients together. Spread a little bit of the sauce on the bottom of your casserole dish. Put the meatloaf into the casserole and cook for 90 minutes. About 30 minutes before the meatloaf is done, pour the remaining tomato sauce on top of the meatloaf.

I didn't feel much for changing melters today, so these are the ones that lasted most of the day:

Coconut Milk & Lavender - Smells So Sweet. Very good, absolutely beautiful.

Biolage - Somethin' Special. Really good.

Electric Lime - Blue Gecko. Super strong and yummy.

LLVV, your meatloaf recipe sounds wonderful! Will definitely have to try that when the weather gets a little cooler.

Killer day at work. Glad to be home and relaxing with my smellies. Tonight it's Vanilla Nut from Hodge Podge.

Today was Almost Country's Apple Brown Betty. One of the best caramel apple's I've ever smelled. Yesterday was Carol's Lady Apple... beautiful.

I had a Cobblestone day - but I think I let them get too old.

Low Country Palm - could not smell much

Banana Pudding - also hard to smell

Lavender - best throw of the bunch

Eileen.....you must have got your order from Texas Scentsation! I'm also melting Chestnut and Brown Sugar from TS! Wonderful strong scent!! :?

Mmmmmm, I heart meatloaf.

Tonight I have on Casablanca Sandalwood from CFTKR (exotic and sophisticated scent) and then in the BR I have Atumn Woods from Yankee melting and an Autumn Leaves candle burning. Thought those two scents might smell good together. Too early to tell yet. Hope everyone has a great week!

Good morning! I'm starting out this warm, sunny day with yc's mango peach salsa. These 80+ degree days are getting a little old - I want nice fall weather! So, since it's still very warm out, I thought I'd go with something fruity. I'll get the other melters going in a bit after the coffee does its job. LOL!

Have a great day, everyone!