The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Sweet September Scents

Guest Doe

This morning I had on a Yankee Autumn Leaves 2 wick candle- really does have a lot more throw, I think I will only buy their 2-Wick Cylinder Candles

for now on.

Put the candle out and put on Busy Bee- Birthday cake- yummy!!

Guest Anonymous
Good afternoon. I've been burning YC's Farmhouse Apple all afternoon...can't smell a thing. I was dying for a real candle so I bought one. Now I remember why I stopped using them. Anyway, I'll use it for candlelight until it's gone. I'm going to start melting either Mulberry Pear or Apple Flapjacks from CFTKR.

Ditto on Farmhouse Apple - but I got no scent from the tart either.

Y'all made me so curious about Nene's Hayride. I found it in my last order, so now I'm giving it a go.

It's very grassy. It reminds me of YC Dune Grass. It is a bit sharp. I like it, but I can see how it would not be for everyone. Maybe the Blueberry Scone I'm melting in the same room is helping it out some.

Yankee Fans - Quick question about their return policy. I'm very unhappy with the Farmhouse Apple and want to return it. The problem - I bought it at a card store and not from Yankee. It has the old label on it. Do you think Yankee will take it back since it's an old candle? I doubt that the card store will take it back.

I never got around to melting the two scents I mentioned before because I started cooking dinner but I have those ready to go for tomorrow. For tonight I have Royal Vanilla Cream from Carol melting....ah, now that's more like what I'm used to.

Finally in for the evening so I am burning some candles tonight. Since I got hooked on melting tarts on this forum I only try to burn the candles on nights I will be home. I have way too many candles and now melts too. I am burning-

YC Spiced Pumpkin

YC Pumpkin Pie

YC Harvest

PI Pumpkin Pie

It smells nice and fall like here.

Yankee Fans - Quick question about their return policy. I'm very unhappy with the Farmhouse Apple and want to return it. The problem - I bought it at a card store and not from Yankee. It has the old label on it. Do you think Yankee will take it back since it's an old candle? I doubt that the card store will take it back.

I would definitely try to return it at a Yankee store. A few months ago I returned an old, partially burned candle. I did not have a receipt, but they not only took it back, they gave me store credit for what a full price candle would cost. Their customer service is hard to beat! :P

Another long day at work, but I'm home now and relaxing with the wonderful fragrance of Autumn Spice from Front Porch.

Ending the day with Nene's Lavendar Cream in the MB. Going to call it an early night-DD has a fever and sore throat now. The one thing that drives me crazy about the changing seasons! No school for her tomorrow and I am sure she'll be up before the night is over.

:P

Hey Cyn....how is the sugar cane vanilla? I've never tried that one.

It's really nice, cbgirl. It smells like a rich buttercream to me. Yummy! Very good scent throw, too. :P

Just turned all the melters off until morning, I just wanted to say goodnight!

Cat, I hope your daughter gets better fast. I know how awful it is for them to be running a fever along with a sore throat :P

Sharon

melted cozy cottage's Merlot tonight, not like I was hoping it would be, very perfumy scent, not my type at all. Was not impressed with YC's Vineyard, only in that I loved the scent, but it didn't last very long :P I hope to have better luck tomorrow!

Goodnight all!

Eileen.....you must have got your order from Texas Scentsation! I'm also melting Chestnut and Brown Sugar from TS! Wonderful strong scent!! :P

No, sadly enough, I have not gotten my TS order and my intuition tells me I will never get it. Nevertheless, I do love Chestnuts & Brown Sugar. This will be my last one as I have given all my Candle Haven and TS melts to my sister-in-law. Now I can order sooner! :P

Today I melted Victoria's Angelina. It is such a lovely scent, I love it.

mm - we are on the same wavelength tonight! My first melt of the evening was Colonial's Fine Merlot. Not much scent from this one.

Also tried Colonial's Lavender. It is a very soft, almost floral, lavender. Nice, but I wish it was stronger!

Yuck Cat...hope it's not strep! I've got on clean scents today, since it's hot here again...YC country linen in the den and YC clean cotton in the kitchen. In the bedroom it's Angie's Wisteria Blossom....this one's really strong

Anybody got any suggestions for quick easy party food? I am having a surprise sweet sixteen birthday party for my daughter on Saturday. I'm going to get a couple of those party subs, but I'd like to do other stuff too! Ya'll are all invited by the way :P

Good Morning.

Dabba, that is a fun party to plan. Maybe some drummies or Chicken tenders. Happy Sweet 16 to your DD.

I'm cleaning out the melters this morning, but I've got a few candles going.

Full Moon - Lemon Grass

YC - Ginger Citrus

YC - Island Spa

HL - Fruit Punch / Wassail

Cat - I hope your daughter is feeling better soon.

Dabba - We just had a get together with a bunch of friends the other day, and I made pigs in a blanket (you know, little mini sausages or hotdogs wrapped in crescent rolls). They were a hit! Plus, they're easy and quick. Just an idea.

On to the melting...so far, it's yc's mango peach salsa in the computer room. The other melters are icing at the moment, but I'll get them going shortly.

Have a great day!

Yuck Cat...hope it's not strep! I've got on clean scents today, since it's hot here again...YC country linen in the den and YC clean cotton in the kitchen. In the bedroom it's Angie's Wisteria Blossom....this one's really strong

Anybody got any suggestions for quick easy party food? I am having a surprise sweet sixteen birthday party for my daughter on Saturday. I'm going to get a couple of those party subs, but I'd like to do other stuff too! Ya'll are all invited by the way :P

Dabba... Have a fun party! When my teens have a party they love veggies and dip, wings, salsa & chips... easy things...Heidi's idea of pigs in a blanket is great... kids love them... if you make them, make a lot of them... they go quickly! The party sub will be perfect too! Wish your daughter a sweet sixteen!

This morning will be melting Mainstays Gingerbread (once I clean my melter out)... I was at Wal-Mart last night... they had one tart left! It was sitting lonely on the shelf... I had to bring it home! Smells great cold... now I will have to find another Wal-Mart to get some more or these!

Cat I hope your DD is feeling better this morning! My kids have both had a cold already this season.... back to school!

Cat, hope DD is on the road to recovery!

dabba, I echo most of the ideas already given....especially salsa & chips! How about some sliced apples and caramel dip? Very easy. Happy Sweet Sixteen to DD!

Today I am melting GHBT Spiced Cranapple Ginger...love it! Also just started Cinnamon Donuts from Dew Drop....smells just like the donuts at the cider mill!!!!

I never got around to melting the two scents I mentioned before because I started cooking dinner but I have those ready to go for tomorrow. For tonight I have Royal Vanilla Cream from Carol melting....ah, now that's more like what I'm used to.

LLVV, I'm sure they will take it back. The last time I went to the store at the mall. I exchanged some MIGHTY old tarts and they didn't have a problem at all. I'm thinking as long as it says YC on it, u will be fine.