The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Sweet September Scents

I've been melting Christmas Cravings for a little while now and it's great. It reminds me of some sort of cinnamon bakery treat but I can't put my finger on it. I'm leaning towards cinnamon sugar. The cinnamon is very real smelling.

Who makes the christmas cravings? That sounds like a scent I'd enjoy!

Angie's also makes Christmas Cravings.

Today's best bets:

Cherry Slushie - Angie's. Smelled just like one of those slushie drinks! Fairly strong and lasted a good while.

Honeysuckle - CHC. Not the most authentic honeysuckle, but a very pretty floral and with a good scent throw.

Baby Powder - Cloud Nine

French Crumb Cake - Crosscreek.

Eileen, sorry to hear Applesauce Cake didn't work out for you. Tarts are funny things and so are our noses. I melted a Pumpkin Bread last night from Crosscreek and didn't feel I got a very good throw from it. Then I relit it this morning to find that I thought it had a decent throw after all. Sometimes I think my nose must be fickle!

Tonight I'm doing a few of my apple scents to finish out September. Can't believe it's almost October all ready. It's about time to start thinking of the name of our October thread. Any way, tonight's selections:

Pumpkin Apple Butter-Gramma Fran's: I love the scent, but it's another one I just can't really smell in the air.

Apple Spice Cake-CFTKR: Very nice, mild spiced apple scent.

Candied Apple-Yankee: Yummers.

Love your little scarecrow avatar Dabba..really cute.

Hope everyone's bad doggie and skunk smells are gone now!

Many of my fall scents aren't throwing well, and I know it is because it is still too hot here. I am so ready for cooler weather!

Melting The Three Musketeers from LOL (HOT, LOL, and Colleen from The Body Dessert Shop collaborated on this together). [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

Icing down my other melters. So much to do and not enough time in a day. Maybe starting at 5:00 a.m. will help. :oops:

Good morning everyone!

Trep, I love Kohl's YC Vanilla Frosting, it's one of my favorites

So far I have Pumpkin Vanilla melting in the kitchen and in my bedroom Nene's Summer Days. I love this one it smells kind of like my Sunflowers perfume [smilie=th_we0081]

I hope everyone has a nice and peaceful Sunday!

Sharon

Hi Heart, I've been wondering about that 3 Muskateers. I'm glad you got it. I thought that was so cool of them to colaberate on it. My HoT order hasn't come in yet since I added B&B to it, but it will soon. Enjoy.

I'm going to put on some chocolate scents this morning. I don't know which one's yet. I'll need to dig in my tart bin.

Have a great day, everyone.

Guest Anonymous

Burning continues on my YC Autumn Gold candle....I'm so inlove with this scent!

Before church I'll turn the melters back on and continue with Hayride and Patchouli - both from Crosscreek. Incidentally, these were both incredible throwers...in 14-watt melters! Hayride scented my whole downstairs and up into the loft. (Autumn Lodge and Baton Rouge were the same way - better in the lower wattage melters or they would have been way too strong).

Finishing up Autumn Lodge from Almost Country.....love this scent, and it is super strong too.

Just started Pumpkin Pie Noel from CFTKR....this came in a sampler and I'm not sure about it since I don't really care for the caramel note in the "Noel" scents....we'll see. I know I am probably an oddball - I love the taste of caramel, but I don't like it in candles or tarts....too strong for my nose.

mom, I love Crosscreek's Hayride.....it is a strong scent and you are right, much better in a lower wattage melter.

Guest Anonymous

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Just started Kudzu from Can Do and Vineyard from McCarley's

Smelling good in here already!

Good Morning,

I am all into fall scents right now. Have my Bath & Body Works Oil Burner going with Spiced Apple oil, Fall Festival Yankee jar candle, and a Pumpkin Souffle jar candle burning in the Kitchen, Yankee votives in Apple Wreath. Smells VERY fallish in here today :shock:

Guest Anonymous
Thank goodness we don't have skunks around here! Very early morning melts from NeNe's...persimmon spice and apple butter spice!

Dabba - persimmon spice sounds great - what did you think? Hope you're feeling 100% better!

The morning melt is LOL's pumpkin nog. This is from last year but still smells wonderful!

Guest Anonymous

Yesterday at our local Hallmark store I was sniffing the new YC holiday scents and they had a really good one called Mrs Claus' Cookies--it is a swirl one with Christmas Eve and Christmas Cookie--wonderful smell.

Trep - did they have the new eggnog? I'm looking forward to sniffing that one.... :shock:

Yesterday at our local Hallmark store I was sniffing the new YC holiday scents and they had a really good one called Mrs Claus' Cookies--it is a swirl one with Christmas Eve and Christmas Cookie--wonderful smell.

Trep - did they have the new eggnog? I'm looking forward to sniffing that one.... :shock:

Yes, they did have Eggnog too in just a candle. I couldn't smell it very well so don't know if it was just me or if it is a really light scent in the candle form. I think our Yankee stores are to have the entire line in either this week or early next so I am definitely going to try a tart. I have recently had an eggnog tart from Huckleberry Layne and it is wonderful so I have hopes Yankee's will be really good too.

For this afternoon I am melting and burning the only spicy fall scent I really like--Autumn Harvest from Huckleberry Layne. I have a tart downstairs and the candle going up--I also have a little YC Harvest candle going with a shade on it. This is the third year for that candle--I always just put the shade on it and used it for a decoration but this year I decided to burn it.

YUM, Trep - Mrs. Claus' Cookies sounds like a trip to the store!

Thanks all, for your moral support through my Skunk Fiasco (thanks, Jason!)...today is better, still hard to get it all off the dog's face and head. And he can't understand why I won't cuddle him. Pew!

Today:

Jule's Custom HoT scent - Pink Bergamot Ginger - strong!

What's That Smell - Castle Island (etsy, great pacakge presentation)

Autumn Spice Tea - simmer oil from Gelluminations

Mookie - Lavender Blue -just starting to melt.

It will be 84 degrees today - a nice Indian summer weekend in the Pacific NW!