The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Sweet September Scents

Guest stardustgirl

Last night I had Nene's Gingerbread Boy going in the bath and it drifted in here (yay!) over the residual scent of fresh floor stain. I'd say that qualifies as strong, LOL!

Alas, today it's going to be Laura Ashley Apple Blossom, which isn't a tart (sounds like it should be) but IS my new ceiling paint.

Hopefully another strong scent tonight if the paint dissipates enough.

Thank you for the skunk condolences fleur, aria and patsy! I had the tomato juice on tap - but had not tried the vinegar sitting out. Since he roamed the house during the night, I have a feeling that scent will be here for awhile. And you are right, fleur - it is hard to eliminate the smell on a 90 lb long haired dog! We have not had skunks around our greenspace until recently (or at least they had not been declaring their presence!), and since the dog is 9 and used to "letting himself out", I may be facing this again this fall.

In the de-skunkathon, the melter updates are:

Still have Clifty Creek Clove - good and strong if you are a clove lover!

Now also have Clifty Creek Peaches and Coconut Milk - more peach which is nice

Chelez - Jose Lime Margarita to replace the Key Lime that pooped out

Chunky's - Red Currant and Thyme

For the afternoon it is a combo--two melters close together--one has Yankee Macintosh and the other Yankee Vanilla Caramel--felt like caramel apples today.

Yesterday at our local Hallmark store I was sniffing the new YC holiday scents and they had a really good one called Mrs Claus' Cookies--it is a swirl one with Christmas Eve and Christmas Cookie--wonderful smell.

For the afternoon it is a combo--two melters close together--one has Yankee Macintosh and the other Yankee Vanilla Caramel--felt like caramel apples today.

Yesterday at our local Hallmark store I was sniffing the new YC holiday scents and they had a really good one called Mrs Claus' Cookies--it is a swirl one with Christmas Eve and Christmas Cookie--wonderful smell.

YUM!

YC Autumn Leaves today, to see if I like it enough to get a big jar

Guest Anonymous

Started melting today with YC Fall Festival - Didn't get much at all from it. I had it in the 14-watt which isn't working well in my downstairs area right now - not sure if it's a weather thing or some other factor but I either need to move it or just use the tealight melter or 20-watts for awhile - We'll be opening windows here soon and I have a feeling I'll need more 'power' anyway for awhile until the heaters come on for the winter (which isn't really until almost December).

So now I have Can-Do's Cran-Apple in the tealight melter - throwing VERY well [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

Upstairs I put K's version of HOme Sweet Home (YC dupe) on.

Trying to get motivated to clean house - we were at basketball tournaments all morning for both kids and I'm wiped out.

I've been melting Christmas Cravings for a little while now and it's great. It reminds me of some sort of cinnamon bakery treat but I can't put my finger on it. I'm leaning towards cinnamon sugar. The cinnamon is very real smelling.

I've been melting Christmas Cravings for a little while now and it's great. It reminds me of some sort of cinnamon bakery treat but I can't put my finger on it. I'm leaning towards cinnamon sugar. The cinnamon is very real smelling.

Who makes the christmas cravings? That sounds like a scent I'd enjoy!

MMdolinar - do you enjoy berry scents? I have a great one from Carol melting right now. It's called Boo Berry. It's a rich blueberry with some strawberry added according to the description. I only smell blueberry right now and I looove it! It's not a bakery one, just pure rich blueberry. Maybe the strawberry is adding the richness that I smell. The tart is so cute - it looks like a ghost.

EDIT - I was going to buy another bag of Boo Berry and couldn't find it on her site. The actual name is Spooky Berry. My bag was labeled as Boo Berry. Sorry about that.

Have a great night everyone. I have to put DD to sleep and then decide what's for dessert. I'm getting sick of the Skinny Cow flying saucers that I've been eating lately.

Melter changing time

Bright Blessings Blue Sugar. I have not tried this scent before - what do you usually smell? This is a cologne / pencil lead combo. This can't be what you are expecting with this scent?

Bright Blessing Freckles is just starting and so is Castle Island from What's That Smell?

I have been melting from CFTKR English Lemon curd, this is the third tealight for this one. It's getting toward the end of the 3rd tealight but still putting out a scent.

Melter changing time

Bright Blessings Blue Sugar. I have not tried this scent before - what do you usually smell? This is a cologne / pencil lead combo. This can't be what you are expecting with this scent?

Bright Blessing Freckles is just starting and so is Castle Island from What's That Smell?

:oops: Cologne / pencil lead? Oh my. It's an unusual scent but I have not gotten that impression before. :lol:

Debra, I sure hope your pup scared that skunk into the next county, so you don't have to deal with another incident. You have really pulled out the heavy artillery today. [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

LOL. Well, there's no better way to spend your payday spending money than on something that makes you happy and excited. Like I said, if you love berry scents, you're going to love this one. I've had it melting for around 2 1/2 hours and I'm loving it! That initial richness that I smelled is the strawberry. Blueberry and strawberry happen to be my 2 favorite berries so I'm really loving this one. Her Strawberries and Cream is another fantastic strawberry scent (IMO her best strawberry).

Thanks jules - I hope the critter is long gone.

Finishing things up (that icky scent is still lingering) with:

YC Simply Home - Beach Towel

Candles Melts and More - Spicy Peaches and Apples

Debra - I hope your dog is smelling better by now. I can't imagine how awful that had to have been. I thought it was bad when my puppy has gas. LOL! [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

We've been out at our church small group meeting for the past several hours, so I had to come home and bathe the boys. I just lit a hot cocoa & cookies votive that I got at Target. Yum!

Guest Anonymous

Relit the buttercream in this room, it is nearly dead but still giving off a nice enough throw.

Brown sugar and cinnamon in the other room.

Can-Do - Pumpkin Bread....couldn't get a throw from this one.

TS - Lemon Sugar

Just had this one on yesterday - in a tealight. I got some throw but not the strongest. Especially for how strong it smelled cold.

I thought it was just me because today I melted Applesauce Cake and couldn't get a throw, but I remembered that Jason said he melted Applesauce Cake and it was good. Then I put on Sugar Butt and got a good throw and nice scent. Strange things are always happening when I melt tarts!!!!!! [smilie=th_1_bigone110]