The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

August's Amazing Aromas

Guest Anonymous

Melting Mandarin Mimosa for work - Dew Drop Scents. It's pretty but not as strong as I like so it may become Hot Apple Pie in a few minutes (also by Dew Drop)

Good morning!

Jason, I'm sorry that Sweet Potato Pie wasn't what you were hoping that it would be. I've never eaten a sweet potato pie so I don't know what its true smell is. There is another awesome (the best) version out there made by a company called Candle of Eden. I think they call theirs Sweet Potato Pecan Pie. It has a very rich and creamy smell to it. Have you ever tried Candles of Eden? When I was a candle burner, they were one of my favorites. If you're interested, their candles are being sold by someplace called J. Tyler's. I've never ordered from this place but I haven't read anything bad about them.

I'm still melting Strawberry Musk and Homespun Sugar. I'll change them later on this morning.

Good morning!

Fluffer Nutter - Bella's. This is strong and good. Smells just like those peanut shaped peanut butter cookies.

Makin' Bacon - Angel Scented. Fun name. I'm getting pineapple and I thought pomegranate, but that's not listed in the scent description. Nice, but light thrower.

Raspberry Violet - Autumn Candles. This is really good. More violet than raspberry, but still very good and strong.

Lime Spritzer - Mookie Doodle. Very nice and tart.

Republican - Mama's Country Shed. Not much, just trying to get through these.

Good Morning! Happy Saturday to everyone!

Sort of a cool morning here after some storms last night....

I am trying a sample from Busy Bee....Grammy's Olde Tyme Country Pumpkin Recipe....how's that for a scent name? hehe.... Just started it, so I don't have much to report yet....

Also melting Amish Harvest from CFTKR...always a fave.

Good morn, everyone. I won't be melting much today, have a family reunion. Put I do have melting for now : Apple Peel & Lemon Zest by LOL. Have a great day.

Susan

Cyn, did you not like the tarts from Mama's Country Shed? I have not had good luck with them....won't be a reorder for me.

I am melting cran-orange muffin from Tranquil Temptations...on th second tealight..love it.

It's tax free weekend here...might have to go get some back to school shopping done.

Candles by Lucy - Honeysuckle Peach, nice, today it is drifting to the other end of the house.

MIL came into the room, (getting better day by day) and announced that "those candles really help get rid of the dog smell".

I could tell it was time for "the talk"! LOL! She had never seen tarts before and looked everthing over for quite awhile. Then she surprised me by saying "don't you hate it when the tea lights only last 2 hours?" A new bond was formed...

:)

Dabba - I have the County Shed clamsehells, too. They are fine in my office at work, but not enough scent throw for the house. Too bad, the "flavors" are good.

Happy Saturday everyone!! It's overcast and breezy here in Jax Fl .today, actually reminds me a little of fall even if it is pretty warm out. Been busy today so I've only had time to put Nene's Jonathan Apple in the kitchen. It smells so nice.

LLVV-I can't believe you've never eaten Sweet Potato Pie :lol: It's delicious! I need to get some Sweet Potato Pie tarts for fall. Jason the Pecan Pie sounds great, I'll have to get some of those, too :)

Have a wonderful weekend everybody!

Sharon

Starting the week-end with Autumn Spice from Front Porch. Wonderful cold smell; reminds me a little of Amish Harvest.

Debra, so glad to hear your MIL is recovering well and congrats on introducing her to the world of tarts! :)

Cyn, did you not like the tarts from Mama's Country Shed? I have not had good luck with them....won't be a reorder for me.

I am melting cran-orange muffin from Tranquil Temptations...on th second tealight..love it.

It's tax free weekend here...might have to go get some back to school shopping done.

Dabba, I haven't had much luck with those tarts. The scent choices are great, but I don't get much throw out of them at all. Like Debra, I've had better luck in my office.

Guest Anonymous
I've been ingoring all of my summer scents in my eagerness to try out my new fall scents, but I need to figure out what I want to order larger quantities of!

I'm doing that too, mpfand! We have to be prepared for fall, right? :)

Gingerbread is one of my fav's - try it from all new vendors. Some are sweet, some spicy - I like em all. Melting CFTKR gingerbread jollies. Ummmm....smells like some is baking in the oven......even smell the ginger and molasses in this one. Yum!

Guest Anonymous

Right now I have Refreshing upstairs (K's Kreations), and Currantly Tea Time (Can-Do) downstairs.

I'm about 6 miles from Memphis TN and it is to be around 100 here. We'll be swimming for fun today. What to melt when you feel like a pool of sweaty goo? I'll do a combo of strawberry and bananas and maybe bring on thoughts of banana splits.

Cheryl

We have a BBQ to go to this afternoon and within the past hour it started to rain heavily and thunder.

I'm melting Carol's Sweet Cakes and Watermelon this afternoon and most likely for late tonight since we're heading out soon.

Guest Doe

Cutie Patootie- Nene's- Wow very nice scent and has a great throw. Put it on about 15 min ago and can already smell it all over the house.

Fruits of Pardise- Nene's - Have in master bedroom but has not started to melt yet.

Cutie Patootie- Nene's- Wow very nice scent and has a great throw. Put it on about 15 min ago and can already smell it all over the house.

Fruits of Pardise- Nene's - Have in master bedroom but has not started to melt yet.

Doe... love Cutie Patootie... yum...

debra... glad to hear your MIL is doing better... :)

Just put on Nene's Coconut Mango... I can feel like I am at the beach on a sunny day... even though it is rainy and thundering... :lol:

Good morning!

Jason, I'm sorry that Sweet Potato Pie wasn't what you were hoping that it would be. I've never eaten a sweet potato pie so I don't know what its true smell is. There is another awesome (the best) version out there made by a company called Candle of Eden. I think they call theirs Sweet Potato Pecan Pie. It has a very rich and creamy smell to it. Have you ever tried Candles of Eden? When I was a candle burner, they were one of my favorites. If you're interested, their candles are being sold by someplace called J. Tyler's. I've never ordered from this place but I haven't read anything bad about them.

I'm still melting Strawberry Musk and Homespun Sugar. I'll change them later on this morning.

Thanks for the recommendation! I've never tried or heard of that company. I wasn't disappointed with the Sweet Potato at all, though. It didn't smell exactly like the real thing, but it was a wonderful scent any way. I will definitely be reordering it.

Guest Anonymous

Crystal Sunshine from CFTKR - Need to switch the Refreshing from K's upstairs, probably will go with Stormwatch from Can-Do.

Melting Mi mi's house from Melissa. Very good scent. Very very hot here today! 99 in Tennessee!

Guest stardustgirl

After a long summer of bitter disappointment with lemons ( pun fully intended) I think I may have found the Holy Grail of the One True Lemon, which I'm melting now:

Candles by Victoria Lovin' Lemon

Yes, I've already reordered!

[smilie=cloud_9]