The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

August's Amazing Aromas

Guest Anonymous

WOW! August already? I can't believe that. Where has this year gone?

I don't have anything burning today so I just wanted to pop in and say hi and see what goodies you all have going today!!

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Melting-Sweet Cider and Pumpkins and Orange Cranberry Spice-CFTKR

Burning-Sugared Clementine-MB, Berries and Brown Sugar-Home Interior, and Clarity-Bean Pod

Cat - how is the cinnamon tea - is there a "tea" scent that is noticeable?

Have 2 fun ones: Angel Scented - 57 Chevy

Oregon Street Candle Co. - Ginger and Lime - and I can smell both!

[smilie=cloud_9]

It is a nice mix,you can smell the tea lightly.

This afternoon I put Daydream from Nene's in my bedroom, very nice. I have been really impressed so far with everything I've ordered from there!

I also put Clothesline Fresh from Victoria in the bathroom

Joan, Spicy Apples and Peaches sounds great! I've never ordered from Crosscreek before, I'll have to order from there next!

Have a nice evening everyone!

Sharon

Guest stardustgirl
Have 2 fun ones: Angel Scented - 57 Chevy

Oregon Street Candle Co. - Ginger and Lime - and I can smell both!

[smilie=cloud_9]

I've got to ask: what exactly does 57 Chevy smell like? :lol:

Tonight -

Crosscreek - Pink Lemonade

Texas Scentsations - Banana Colada

CFTKR - Beach Bum

Yes, I'm still in summer mode, but only because I'm trying to use up some of these before I dig into fall scents. Even though I love all these summer sniffs it is extremely hard to restrain myself from starting on fall aromas.

Earlier this morning I melted -

CFTKR - Coconut Cream Cake and Pink Sugared Strawberries

Tuscadero's - Vanilla Waffle Cone

Jason, I just ordered some of the Sweet Potato Pie today, so I'm glad to hear you liked it. I also ordered Pumpkin and Sugared Hazelnuts, Pumpkin Roll, and Fall Festival. Plus I couldn't resist those cute little ghost tarts in Candy Corn! Now I've got to put that Busy Bee Pecan Pie scent on my wish list. Even though I might as well apply it directly to my hips, pecan pie is one of my favorite desserts too! [smilie=cloud_9]

Good evening! We just got back from a BBQ. The sun came out just as we arrived so it wasn't a washout. I'm relaxing with a cup of tea and Carol's Caramel Corn. It's an old old favorite of mine. I don't melt it as often as I should. It's fabulous! I'm off to watch Holmes on Homes. Does anyone else watch it? That show makes me scared to have any work done on the house.

cb and stardust - about the 57 Chevy...has potential to smell pretty bad, doesn't it? [smilie=cloud_9] LOL!

I gotta say that I think there is a chance that my tarts got mislabled. I have had 3 that do not match the scent description - and I don't think my smeller is that bad!

The one I melted, labeled 57 Chevy, smells light and fruity - almost like a plum/berry combo. (They say amaretto and pineapple)

Tonight is Backroad's Tuscan Herb type. A nice scent if you are an herb fan.

stardustgirl - It's so great when you find one of "the" scents you've been searcing for.

Well, this morning's Orange Patchouli was not for me. I dumped it pretty quick. Then I tried rewarming a few that I had going earlier this week. That never quite thrilled me. I was dumping, and cleaning, and iceing and melting...arrgg.

Finally, I went to old faithful Belgium Waffles from Nene's in one melter and

Waffle Cone from Spotted Hog in another melter.

All is right in my world again.

[smilie=cloud_9]

Guest stardustgirl
The one I melted, labeled 57 Chevy, smells light and fruity - almost like a plum/berry combo. (They say amaretto and pineapple)

I'm trying to wrap my head around why a 57 Chevy would smell like amaretto and pineapple. Beer, maybe.

[smilie=th_teks0311]

I can go out to the garage and inhale eau de 67 GTO and it's a mix of old car (old fabric), oil, racing fuel (sweeter smell than regular gas), Armor-All and rubber.No amaretto notes, alas.

I need to try that one Stardust! I've turned to lemon today myself like a nut, and the only thing that I am melting that is "just "okay" is the lemongrass oil in a burner and Beanpod's lemon citrus soy beads added to my melters to get a stronger lemon smell. My gosh, I was pulling out all the lemons I could find and adding them to a very large bowl. It looks like a bowl of paint!

Also melting Sugar & Spice lemon pound cake (very nice bakery smell)

I hope the lemon wedges I ordered from Can-Do are true lemon strong and Tusacaderos lemon verbona a good one. Wish I had them now (going through withdrawals).

Maximum Scented's lemon drop is going too. It's strong with a great throw, but is almost dead now after 4 hours.

Three other melters are icing now, so I will be changing soon.

[smilie=th_teks0311]

There's a skunk lurking outside my house right now. It stinks.

Thank goodness the cat's in, and I better fire up some more melters!! I think something strong like CFTKR's Pink Sugared Strawberries or Crosscreek's Paradise ought to kill the odor. If not, there's always Oust, which may be my best bet...good grief!

[smilie=th_teks0311]

mjclkc, I'm drooling at all those scents you ordered from CFTKR. They all sound right up my alley. Hope you got rid of the skunk scent!

Spicy Saturday night.

Apple Butter N' Spice-Candle Haven: Very delicious scent. Sad I won't be able to reorder it.

Sugared Clementine Spice-CFTKR: I like this alot! Nice, upscale spice scent that fits in with any season.

I've got a pancake scent too this morning. When my family wakes up and smells this, I'll have to produce the real thing.

Banana Nut Pancakes from HoT

and Secret Recipe from Can-Do

Good morning! I don't usually melt anything on Sunday mornings because of church, but dh wanted to stay home this morning because of my back. I threw it out last Sunday at church, and it's still not back to normal. I don't think I could handle sitting in those chairs for too long. So, I'm going to sit back, relax, drink some coffee, and enjoy pink sugar from can-do here in my computer room.

Have a great day, everyone!