The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

August's Amazing Aromas

September can be a furnace here in SC also. In fact some years we don't even have frost until nearly Thanksgiving! :P This afternoon's melt is gardenia from Soy Lovely!

Lakehouse Romance. This is one of my new favorites. Very Strong too!

Who makes that one? Sounds great!

I am putting on some new stuff for the afternoon Angies-Raspberry Sorbet and Candle Haven-Whipped Cream and Honeydew-need some fruit!

I was waiting for autumn even back in June so in anticipation of the next season I just put on Pumpkin Crunch by Busy Bee.

Unfortunately here in SW Florida, we've got a whole lot of summer yet to come; hopefully without any big hurricanes.

I agree with Jason--I am in SW Missouri, and, August is usually the month that you want to just live through :lol: to get to FALL :P . I just savor every day of fall, and, everything that goes with the season. Starting off the first day of August melting 'Belgian Waffles' soybeads (Beanpod). I have a new favorite summer smell--'Orange Blossom Honey' votives from Time & Again--LOVE!!

Wildfire--I am in SW Mo also, and I totally agree--you try and get through August so you can enjoy fall.

This afternoon it is Crosscreek Black Raspberry Vanilla--yum!

This afternoon's melt is Strawberry Musk. It's more strawberry than musk. It's sweet strawberry but not like your regular strawberry. It's an old favorite of mine. Before Carol discontinued it, I bought a ton of them on sale. Speaking of which, she listed some new fall scents and a couple of scents went on sale too. I got Mexican Cocoa and Cool Cocoa.

It's a hot hot hot day over here too! My car said 91 degrees.

It's a hot hot hot day over here. Poor DH is on the train home and sounded miserable with all of this heat. Heat + NYC = very hot and unhappy people.

LLVV... Yes... I worked in NYC (a long time ago).... I remember when it was hot... my high heels would sink into the pavement... it was back when most subway cars did not have working air conditioning (mid/late 80's)... I think the subway is much better these days... :lol: I hope your husband has a nice cool evening!

Melting the last of my Cinnamon Rolls from Lessie. It's about 97 degree's here in Tennessee today!

Just started melting: Pomegranate by Nessa's Sweet Scents. I wish we could have some cooler weather here, its 93 here in Virginia. Hope it cools off some by bed time, lol.

Susan

The White Cake tart that I had on earlier did not do much... and I had it in a 24w combo melter... can't figure that out... maybe it was just a low thrower... :?

I hope everyone stays cool this evening... sounds like hot weather in most parts of the country... :lol:

There seems to be a little less humidity here in the Northeast this evening... it is quite nice out now.. maybe a trip to get ice cream with the kids this evening... :P just put on Nene's Waffle Cone... my son's favorite!

Like cookie - here on the West Coast we are looking at cool weather and rain. Heck, summer just started here a couple of weeks ago! :lol: But, the trade off is usually a lovely Indian Summer in Sep/Oct.

Melters in the icing line-up...it will be great when they are all cleaned out again! (So I can fill em with new scents!)

August. Ok, to be honest, I've never liked this month. By the time August rolls around, I'm tired of summer and the heat and yet it's too early to get out the fall decorations. The most exciting thing that happens is the kids go back to school. :lol: I'm melting Spiced Cranberry from Bizzy B's in the kitchen and LR and Cactus & Sea Salt from Front Porch in the MB. I've been ingoring all of my summer scents in my eagerness to try out my new fall scents, but I need to figure out what I want to order larger quantities of!

Honeysuckle - Angel Scented. Light, doing well in a small bathroom.

Buttercream Crunch - Candles, Melts & More. Very good and strong.

Raspberry Zinger - CFTKR. Good, but I'm not getting a very strong throw.

Mpfand - I'm not crazy about August either but I always see it as the light in the horizon (or at least the crisp air of fall coming). I hate July, especially after the 4th of July is over and done with. August is better, albeit equally as hot, because the sun actually starts setting a little bit earlier each night. My whole system gets nutty with long days of full sun (not too many trees in my neighborhood to block the summer's strong sun rays). This is also when the fall scents start popping up. I hope that this year fall actually occurs in fall and not in the winter. Last year our leaves changed pretty late then we got a couple of small snowshowers in late fall and that was it for winter. Most of the winter was like spring...ewh! Not my cup of tea. If Al Gore is right, which I really hope he isn't and truly don't believe he is from all of the scientific history about the Earth that I've read (I know...too political of a topic), then I need to get some real estate in Maine or Alaska because high temperatures and I do not get along. [smilie=thank_you]

My last tart for the day...Homespun Sugar. Yummy! Have a wonderful and restful night everyone!

Put on Cinnamon Tea for the evening! It was super hot here in MO today too! Blechhh!

I have been looking for fall too-as it is my favorite time of year! Got a great fall catalog today-and it inspired me!

Have a wonderful night all!

[smilie=thank_you]

Cat - how is the cinnamon tea - is there a "tea" scent that is noticeable?

Have 2 fun ones: Angel Scented - 57 Chevy

Oregon Street Candle Co. - Ginger and Lime - and I can smell both!

[smilie=thank_you]

Guest Anonymous

Tonight I just have Lavender Basil going in the bedroom - from Dew Drop Scents. Very relaxing. Good night, everyone!

Mpfand - I'm not crazy about August either but I always see it as the light in the horizon (or at least the crisp air of fall coming). I hate July, especially after the 4th of July is over and done with. August is better, albeit equally as hot, because the sun actually starts setting a little bit earlier each night. My whole system gets nutty with long days of full sun (not too many trees in my neighborhood to block the summer's strong sun rays). This is also when the fall scents start popping up. I hope that this year fall actually occurs in fall and not in the winter. Last year our leaves changed pretty late then we got a couple of small snowshowers in late fall and that was it for winter. Most of the winter was like spring...ewh! Not my cup of tea. If Al Gore is right, which I really hope he isn't and truly don't believe he is from all of the scientific history about the Earth that I've read (I know...too political of a topic), then I need to get some real estate in Maine or Alaska because high temperatures and I do not get along. [smilie=thank_you]

My last tart for the day...Homespun Sugar. Yummy! Have a wonderful and restful night everyone!

I wouldn't write ol' Gore off that easily. I think there is alot of stuff going on with our weather due to you-know-what (political issue I won't bring up by name). Friendly disagreement aside, I absolutely agree with you about wanting a real Fall and a real Winter. I love the cooler months.

Oh, I forgot to write about my scents. [smilie=thank_you]

Pie thing going on-

Pecan Pie-Busy Bee: Wow, I am in love with this scent! I was trying to wait on this one, but pecan pie is my all-time favorite dessert and this tart really manages to capture that wonderful scent. Heavy on the filling, but with a nutty note. Love at first sniff!

Sweet Potato Pie-CFTKR: Will have to update on this, still melting.

UPDATE: Sweet potato pie is is also one of my favorites, and this lacks the authenticity that the Pecan Pie has. But it's still a great scent. Warm, buttery, sweet, it makes a good all-around bakery scent.

I'll have to try that pecan pie. I love that one too! I'm melting CH's [smilie=thank_you] Zucchini bread, and I picked up some tarts at Wal-Mart by Mainstay so I can appreciate how good all my other ones are in my stash. For 33 cents/tart, why not?

I have the mainstay warm apple pie melting now, so I'm off to one of my cabinets to find an apple pie scent to compare.