The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

July is a Popping With Fragrance

[smilie=th_Hello_]

Hi girls! How is everyone doing? I’m a little worried about our Maggie. [smilie=th_sad-1]

I’m jelly of all your orders. [smilie=yes] It’s been 115 the past several days in a row. No way I can safely order with those temps! :sFun_hot: It’s really a good thing, though, because I have TOO much wax! :sSig_lol3:

ST 2 Chips - Iced Lemonade, Sweet Lollipops and Fresh Mint

ST Sleepy Beauty - Lavender Cream, Rose Jam and Birthday Cake

Burning Gold Canyon What A Melon. ????

Hello everyone :D

I'm very worried about Maggie...in her last post she wasn't feeling well. :(

Still dog sitting....sweet dog, but I won't agree to it again. I feel like I have a toddler in the house. :wacko: A slobbery, messy, mischievous toddler.

No ordering here, either. Like Honeybear, our temps have been 115. :blink:

Melting Island Melon Coconut from ScentSationals.

Hello dear folks,

Miss Maggie is on vacation. We were emailing last week before she left. She was concerned that the place would not have good wifi. I'm sorry to not have said something sooner but was trying to respect her privacy since she didn't mention it online. You are all her dear pals and I have to think she wouldn't want everyone to be afraid.

I kept trying to hint about the wifi but you were probably all thinking [smilie=th_thWTF] is she talking about??

I think she said back by next Monday but not positive. Maggie, when you get back, you can see that you are much loved here!

Thank you AmyJo - we sure worry about our candlebuddies!

About the ice cube trick...when cool, before bed, I set 2-3 cubes on top. Often the wax "puck" is floating in the water when I get up! [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

OK, now you have me looking at the VCS list...sheesh. I have no bizness going there...and L3, one of my favs as well... [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

mpfand - I agree - I think dogs (especially other people's dogs :D ) are as much work as toddlers. They understand just about as well and listen about as well, too! [smilie=th_ANGRY_10]

Honeybear, what in the world to you do when it is that hot? Can you stand to be outside at all?

Tonight I am going with one called Beach Bum. It is one of the vendors with Fox in the name, but I can't find the wrapper right now! :blush:

Hello dear ladies and good morning!

I just hit backspace - will I never learn - and the whole thing disappeared...Round Two! [smilie=th_shout]

Beautiful this morning in Ohio and it was 59 F when I got up. Whatever is going on with the backwards weather, I am grateful.

Honeybear and mpfand, I can't even comprehend what 115 F must feel like. However, your part of the country has beauty that we don't see here in the Midwest.

Debra, I tried what you said with the ice cubes - put them in the melter after cooling, before bed, and - lo and behold! A floating wax puck this morning! Thank you for the great tip!! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Susan, I love rhubarb scent - you always have something delicious going on.

Michele! Your VCS order looks fabulous, so varied and scrumptious! That Cookie Monster is fabulous. I'm eager to hear what you think about the Bling Block, which I think is extremely cute. I'm sorry the fall samplers fell out of your cart while you were ordering - what a pain. I see some of the vendors (well, at least the Scented Squirrel) giving a ten-minute cart hold while you are ordering, which I think is so considerate. Ordering should be a joy, not a frantic exercise!

Mpfand, I see that your furry houseguest has just about worn out their welcome. I'm glad that's almost over - and it was very kind of you and DS.

Well I have stayed away from the restocks [smilie=th_sSig_what] but I continue to be drawn to one site like a powerful magnet - any guesses? [smilie=th_laughing] And yesterday I did receive my second order from that very Bathing Garden, from the summer collection, and....this is my own little Faerie Land. The Salty Siren! Ohhhh such a perfect lime.

Meanwhile many of the other wax in the closet from multiple vendors is continuing to cure...some will be ready in August, some in September. *Christmas in Summertime continues*

Looking forward to Maggie's return so we can welcome her home!! [smilie=th_ef7d03c7]

It's an SGA Day - Beach Bum Bakery (since Debra was melting Beach Bum...you know, the power of suggestion)

Have a great day, everybody!

Hi All!

Honeybear and mpfand-I can’t even imagine what that heat must feel like. We have never experienced anything like that here.

AmyJo-those samplers flew out of my cart. I don’t think they were in my cart long at all.

Melting CFOW Fruit Loops Cheesecake but not that strong. Overnight melt in the bedroom was a Zeep sample-Mr. Sandman. That was very strong and a very nice scent.

Enjoy the day!!

Changed out the CFOW Fruit Loops Cheesecake. Now melting ST Magically Deliicious from a wonderful CF friend. Thank you!

Another hot one today, not 112, but high nineties - enough for me! [smilie=th_dd5] We had to remove a hornet's nest from the little deck that I just spent so much time decorating. They are tenacious! :angry: They keep coming back to be sure it is gone.

Good for you for being strong, AmyJo! I also held out! [smilie=th_clap1] The super hot weather is helping me.

Assistant enabler here - CBV has a free loaf with a $50 purchase...

Tonight it is Tuscadero's - Montauk Point, another "old reliable" favorite vendor! [smilie=th_cc15]

Hello My Candlefind Buddies! I just got in tonight and finished reading all the posts. Thank you so much for your concern... [smilie=group_hug] we ended up leaving on vacation early in the morning right after my last post and I went to bed early since I was not feeling well. I did get new antibiotic (which I'm still taking) and on the mend. I thought I'd be able to melt and post but I had no extra outlets in the room and spotty WiFi which made it impossible to post. [smilie=th_sad-1] I'm glad I'm back. It was a truly disastrous vacation....we ended up in the hospital on the second day. My DD broke out into hives that covered every square inch of her body...it was horrific. They think it's because she pet a stray cat when we first arrived. It started on the palms of her hands and then went wild. Even Benedryl did nothing...needed Steroid IV and numerous meds. I think anything that could go wrong did...hubby dropped a lot of money out of his pocket...lost and gone. Bashed his head riding a water slide...etc. etc....really glad to be home...with my waxies. Not a fan of Atlantis. Won't be going back there again.

Thanks Amy Jo! I think I forgot to mention my trip because I wasn't feeling well. :(

Mpfand...it's a lot of work but fun pup sitting...I love watching my brothers pup but I must admit she's so easy! I think she thinks she's a person. ;)

Honeybear...wow! That's hot!!

Debra...I gotta try that ice trick. It's just so cool!

Michele...thanks for your sweet review! You're a doll. On another note, glad you got some good waxies recently.

So...I'm melting Scarlet Raine Mr. Wrong

And upstairs it's Scarlets Summer Orchard

Have a good night.

Good morning ladies!!

MAGGIE!! Welcome home! [smilie=th_Welcome_from_the_Whol We missed you dearly as I'm sure you can tell. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] I'm truly sorry your vacation was such a bust. I hope your DD is feeling much better after the hives! - to have that happen far away from home had to be extra frightening. We did our best around here without you, but we were struggling. It's mighty good to have you back! [smilie=th_ahaaha]

Debra, yikes on the hornet's nest! Glad you got that removed and yes they are very determined. I looked up Tuscadero's and she has a great scent list. Montauk Point? - happy memories from more than 30 years ago.

Michele, my last couple of CFOW melts were a little on the soft side too so I am letting them cure. I think they were extra busy earlier this summer and maybe things arrived so freshly poured that they need a little time.

I will say that since Montgomery the Pyr's passing, our other three dogs have been a bit unsettled and there has been a bit of a power struggle among them to decide who's the pack leader now. One of the beagles has been severely demoted and has been hiding from the new leader. I know this is normal but they have been trying my patience. I've been working with them and things are calming down.

Well last evening I switched the melters to:

VCS Elizabeth and Phillip's Westminster Wedding - strawberry, peach, and cream - and this has to be my favorite from the Wedding Sampler. DH said, wow, what are you baking? And I had to let him down easy - just wax!

That's still going this morning - soft but lovely - so I will wait a bit to switch.

Well now that our little tribe is reunited, life is sweet. Welcome back Maggie and I hope everybody has a lovely Sunday! [smilie=th_LOVE]

Good Morning!

Maggie-Sorry your vacation wasn’t all you had hoped for. We went to the Atlantis years ago and I was disappointed as well.

Amy-I am going to let the CFOW cure a while longer. Some from the sample box have been super strong but not from my chunk bags. The wax itself is super soft as well. We shall see.

I need to start melting that VCS Wedding Sampler. Scents sound fantastic.

Had a bit of a scare here the other day when just DD and I were here. DD fell down the steps going downstairs. The entire flight! I just heard thump thump and screaming. Luckily when she slipped she went down on her butt. I got so nervous. My brother and SIL came right over and my niece and her BF who is a PA. She was a bit sore but ok. Very lucky.

I won’t be melting until tonight. Need to go back to NY for the afternoon. My priest friend is leaving as our pastor. He got transferred upstate as of August 1. We will miss him. There is a farewell reception today.

Glad everyone is back to posting. It’s been almost 10 years here in a week or so. I can’t believe it. I remember DD was going off to college and helped me set up my board name and password. Time really flies. I feel like I know you ladies though we have never met. Hope to meet some of you one day. I will be meeting one of you in the Fall and am looking forward to that.

Everyone have a great Sunday.

Good Morning and thanks AmyJo!! You are a hoot!! :sSig_heeheehee:

I'm sorry about the push to be Alpha in your home. There must be a lot of snarling going on which is so stressful. Daisy used to be horrible at allowing other dogs into our house and it would drive me crazy...especially when their "parents" didn't understand what was happening. Ugh. I hope it's works out soon. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Michele...I'm sorry your DD fell...that's so scary...but I'm glad she is ok and you had people there to check her out! Ya know our priest friend just got transferred 2 weeks ago but they moved him to a parish near LBI....we are so sad. :(. How exciting that you are getting to meet someone from the board!! So fun!

Debra...I hear ya on those hornets!! I recently had one between my screen and front door. Every time we'd let it out we'd find it back again. Finally I noticed the nest on the top of the cross bar! I knocked it down and cleaned it up but that little guy kept coming back until we left the door open for the day. I'm glad you got rid of yours! Did you end up buying at L3? Those chunky pies call my name....and I love her blends.... [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Still melting the Mr Wrong...so strong...it's Pink Sugar, Shaving Cream & Leather...so different for me but I like it...not sure anyone else does though. :(

Have a good day.

[smilie=th_smiley-yawn] Hello everyone. I stay up too late last night, I want to finish a book I was reading and didn't go to bed until 2 am.

Maggie, glad to have you back sorry to hear that your trip wasn't much fun.

Melting: American Cream by Hayden Rowe

Berry Margarita by BHG

Welcome back, Maggie! [smilie=th_dancing_smile] I'm sorry about your trip. It's so disappointing to spend the time and money only to have one thing after another go wrong. <_< I'm glad your DD is ok. My DD had a similar allergic reaction while we were away from home.

Michele, how fun to meet a fellow CF buddy! We should have a CF reunion. :D I'm glad your DD is ok. What a scary experience. :o

Susan, I've done that before. ;)

DS is off camping so I've been on pup duty. :rolleyes: He was so excited to dog sit, but I guess it was a little more than he bargained for. He really is a good dog. I'm just not used to having a big furry guy under foot. [smilie=th_cha69]

DH and I went to a wine class Friday evening. They had us smell the wine before tasting it and I kept thinking "this one would be wonderful as a melt". [smilie=th_giggle]

I don't have any wine scents so I went with Citrus Linen H2O from Front Porch. I'm trying to get some cleaning done today and this scent is perfect!

Have a great day, everyone. [smilie=th_snoopy]

Good Evening All!

Thanks Mpfand! I'm glad to be back. My DD still has to go to the dermatologist since it started to come back as soon as she stopped the steroid. Did you ever find out what caused your DDs reaction? Wine tasting is fun although I haven't excelled in it one bit. Tried it on my honeymoon but didn't do too good. Glad you had fun. :)

Susan...thanks! I end up falling asleep with a book a lot!! Its always a good way to sleep!

I'd love a CF Get Together! What a great time that would be!! [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

Today has been a VRC loaf in That Thing You Do...delicious fruity scent...you were right AmyJo.... [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

[smilie=th_goodnight]

Welcome home, Maggie! What a time you had on your vacation! It is true - there is no place like home!

mpfand - I think our brains are geared toward smellies! I do have a B&BW Merlot wallflower that smells pretty good, so I see how your thoughts went there! [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

About the ice cube trick - if your wax is the sticky type, the ice usually will not loosen it. <_>

Susan, it must have been a very good book! Try as hard as I can, it hits 11, my eyes close! [smilie=thzzz003]

I am going through vendors that have been in business awhile this week - today has been Sugar and Spice - Pink Fantasy

Good morning ladies! I see that there is lots of posting once more - it's like the end of Grease - "oh, the gang's all together again!" [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Maggie - that VRC loaf, That Thing You Do - that's one of my "would crawl though hot oil for" scents. I only have a little piece left... [smilie=th_smiley-crying] and I am saving it until Sarah restocks it! That gorgeous Cupcakes at Tiffany's under the strawberry and blueberry - ohhhhhh. And I'm not even the biggest bakery fan around, but that one is something else.

Another cool, rainy morning here in Ohio - what a gift. This is my favorite kind of weather! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr I probably was meant to live in the PNW.

Mpfand - you got me good, saying the wine would make good waxies! [smilie=th_coffeespew] I did have a wine scent from Zeep - let me find the name - Wine 'n Dine - and it was lovely and authentic. I did always have the nagging feeling, though, that I had spilled a glass somewhere - kind of different to have that aroma filling the house.

Debra, so far only one waxie was stubborn with the ice method, but even then, once I put the back of my thumbnail under the edge, it cracked into pieces and was easy to take out. And most of the time, the whole thing either floats up or slides right out. I am a fan! [smilie=th_teks0311]

I would LOVE to have a CF reunion - might be tricky since we are pretty spread out - but I have done this in the past with another forum (chickens - we used to have a little farm) and some good friends were made there. In the meantime, Michele, funny you should mention it, I'm also meeting a CF friend in the fall. [smilie=yes] Congratulations on 10 years on the board!! Many of you have been here for years - I'm still so much the new kid - all the more reason I am grateful for your welcoming friendships. [smilie=th_a194]

Susan, glad you enjoyed that book, sounds like one that was just too hard to put down!

So, did anybody hit the L3 restock? I must say they have adorable chunks.

I made a booboo yesterday in making a small order from a little vendor I found on IG - thought I was getting a eucalyptus blend and upon closer inspection this morning I see that it is actually cannabis scent. [smilie=th_cha60] It's a very cute shape but that one will be double-bagged...I hope I don't have the police called... [smilie=th_smiley_doorpeek]

Forgot to say what I was melting...

Yesterday was a giftie day! Thanks CF pals! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Pocket Full of Peonies - Coconut Pear (love this, so comforting)

Vanilla Lime Fresh Baked Bread - I do love my lime scents and this one is so delicious!

SGA Hummingbird Nectar - this one is sweet and had a little spicy kick to it, very nice surprise!

And today it's:

The Bathing Garden - Salty Siren - speaking of lime - so delicious and filling the house with one small bit of the sample. Exquisite.

Well, back on the chain gang...have a fine Monday all!

Amy

Good Morning! I've been up since 7 but watching Youtube all morning! Not getting any of my chores done....so much for my new and improved workweek. [smilie=th_paper-bag]

Thanks Debra! I agree...there is no place like home. ;)

AmyJo...I ordered a cannabis blend once from a vendor because it was a big favorite on her site and it wasn't supposed to smell like that....and it didn't....it smelled kinda woodsy and citrus from my recollection... [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] ...although that may depend upon the seller. I think it was cannabis santiva from Cheryl's....it was very nice. I'm still debating about L3....I threw some stuff in my basket and if it's still there when I go back....I'll buy it. Lololol....is that a good way to decide?

Today it's singles from my vacation bag that I never used...

OPT Sugared Melon Coconut Noel

SGA Gidgets Beach Party

SGA Cruise To Key West

Have a good one.

Maggie, thanks, that's comforting - I hope it's "woodsy" and none like...that! ????????

Hi All!

AmyJo-I’m with you. I’m also a fan of the cooler weather. Hate the heat.

I would LOVE a CF reunion. That would be loads of fun.

I peeked at the L3 site. Definitely another vendor I will be trying. My basket is full at The Bathing Garden. Haven’t caved yet.

Waiting for my VCS Mystery Box to arrive today.

Melting CFOW SSA Fire Roasted Marshmallow in my bedroom. One small cube is giving out a lot of scent. In main living area it’s SGA Unskinny Bop which is always a favorite.

Have a great day all!

Hi all [smilie=The_Hi]

Maggie, my DD had an allergic reaction to the antibiotic Rocephin. She was being treated for a double ear infection and strep throat. It was very scary; you know it's bad when you go ahead of everyone at the ER. I hope your DD feels better soon. :huh:

Melting Raspberry Margarita from ScentSationals. Making good progress on my summer scents. I think September will be a transitional month for me where I'll melt any and all scents before moving onto fall scents. [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

I did not cave on L3 - yet - I have waaay too much in my "L3 box". But, looking at the chunks I always tell myself there are a couple scents that I don't have and I probably can not live without! ;)

We will be down to 75 degrees in a couple days, and AmyJo I am jealous of your rain! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Anyone go to Costco yet and try the new Food Court items? [smilie=th_thsignA]

So all the talk about TBG made me look for my stash. I must be a fan of her Halloween scents because that is what most are! I settled for Faerie Bonfire.

Good morning ladies,

An early work day here. Cool and still rainy, thunderstorms. Clemmie is hiding in the closet. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Debra, I agree with you, the TBG Halloween scents are just delicious. I'm doing my best to stay away from L3 for the moment - because if all of you like it this much, it must be very special.

Michele - I love that CFOW Salty Sea Air Fire Roasted Marshmallow - really, that whole sampler.

Mfpand - I agree with you on seasonal transition = I have pulled out my older things from the early summer and am trying to work through those during August (SGA Beach Nights Sampler, VCS Wedding Sampler, older CFOW bags).

Early this morning it was Southbound Nog Cream, which is a luscious blend of caramelized sugar, clove, sandalwood, and cream.

And now before I leave it's the SGA Beach Nights Lavender.

Have a great day everyone!

Amy

Good Morning!

Nice ideas for getting through wax. I’m still not changing out enough though to get through it all. I think I’m going to pull out a few things and concentrate on melting those.

It’s a beautiful day here at the Jersey Shore. My friends are coming this morning for a sleepover. DH has a few appointments to take care of and is leaving for the night. We are hanging out on the beach today and going to dinner tonight. Should be a very nice time.

Pulled out my VCS bag. I am melting from the Cream Cheese Sampler Cream Cheese Blackberry Cookie Monster.

I agree AmyJo the SSA Sampler from CFOW is just beautiful. Nice and strong too. I haven’t dug into my Pretzel Sampler yet.

Have a great day everyone!