The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

July is a Popping With Fragrance

Greetings ladies and Happy Sunday,

Dear Maggie, I'm so sorry you don't feel well. [smilie=th_smiley-crying] Antibiotics are supposed to HELP a person, not make them feel worse, yet this seems to happen, so unfair. Here's hoping you will feel better very soon. [smilie=th_a194]

Aria, you are so disciplined, and I salute you! [smilie=th_allah] That YC Key Lime sounds delicious.

Debra, all of the PNW rain has come to Ohio and I would share if I could. 90's again?! Noooooooooo

Susan, I see that you are melting The Bathing Garden! - ohhhh they sound lovely. How did the homemade applesauce turn out?

Michele, did you hit the SGA Restock? I saw they had the Mini Chunk Pie Sampler and reluctantly restrained myself, one of the rare recent acts of willpower...and this morning the Mini Pies are gone. :th_crying: Happily it looks like this is a recurring thing for her. I really enjoyed that sampler. Didja get anything?

Well, in honor of All Things Bathing Garden, last night I lit a sample that Shannon had sent me, the Whiskey Apple, with the tealight, and let it be noted that this is cause for ecstasy. I don't drink whiskey but I love the smell, and with the apple.... I had to blow it out to go to bed - will not leave a candle - and this morning it has been going for many hours. So.Very.Fine. I did order two of these very apples because now that I know that they exist, they must be part of life on a regular basis.

I did not hit the VCS or Zeep restocks. as I have lovely full baskets from both of them and the Zeep are still curing. :thyay:

I leave you with thoughts of the TBG Whiskey Apple - I will not leave this room until it is done. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Have a fine day!

[smilie=th_hello]

I typed up a whole post the other day and lost the whole thing. [smilie=th_gif] Didn’t have time to retype it so here I am two days later.

Feel better, Maggie! [smilie=th_empathy]

Debra ~ We found a clearance on Castelle outdoor furniture, pretty much 50% off. And it looks fantastic out there in the Arizona Room (aka covered patio, Michele lol). One side has a couch, recliner, chair, and cocktail table, and the other side has a large dining table with four cushy swivel chairs. We have a large TV on the wall, and it is awesome to have so many places to choose to sit for viewing, including in the pool. It’s a little hot out there now to spend time during the day (109 today), but yesterday morning we woke up to a real treat. It was raining and cooler and just felt so good to be out there with our coffee. Come fall, and throughout the winter, this space will be used frequently.

AmyJo ~ I really enjoy reading your posts. You crack me up! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] I didn’t order from The Bathing Garden, or from anyone else. It’s just too hot! [smilie=th_a136] What I would really love to get my hands on is some more of that Swanky Lavender Paris. I’m obsessed with it! That one piece from the other day is still going in my meditation room. I may never throw it away until I can get more. Lol

ST Saw ~ Sweet Cranberry Preserves, Buttery Pie Crust, and Smooth Vanilla Ice Cream

ST Great White ~ Crisp White Tea and Jaws

ST Chrissy’s Remains ~ Cotton Candy and Jaws

I’ve been digging into my Super Tarts stash because it seems I have a big project on my hands. A lot of them are still in clamshells and the clams are deteriorating so I’m switching them into bags. It’s really ridiculous how much wax I have. [smilie=th_foolish1]

Today DD#2 is currently headed back to Arizona to meet the guy she went to LA to see recently. And, she insisted on her own little road trip, despite my offer to help with a ticket. So...I’m doing my best to not fret and worry. She is planning to come here Wednesday for a night though, and then head back Thursday, Her next flight here is Monday when she comes for her last week before the semester starts. Yep, my head is spinning a bit, too.

Hi All!

AmyJo-I resisted the SGA restock. I can open my own site with all the SGA I have. The Mini Chunk Pies are offered every restock and sell out very quickly. With all the enabling that goes on here I have been ordering from other vendors. I’m waiting for orders from TBG and VCS. I’m itching to order the Mystery Box from VCS. I have a lot of my wax here at the beach house and I have no idea where I’m putting it when the summer is over.

AmyJo-Glad you found another favorite scent from TBG.

Honeybear-your Arizona room sounds heavenly. All your melts sound wonderful. I’m glad you are getting to see your girls.

Still melting from last night SGA Hawaiian Rain from the Sampler. This is a bit different for me but it’s nice to get out of the comfort zone once in a while.

Going out to dinner with the family tonight after DH leaves for the airport. My dad and sisters are down for the week and DH is on vacation next week so I’m getting to be here for awhile. So relaxing and I love it!!

Maggie-Hope you are feeling better today.

Maggie, I hope you are feeling much better! [smilie=th_empathy]

Honeybear, glad you're getting some time with your DD! Your Arizona room sounds amazing! B)

DS is dog sitting an adorable 2 year old Labradoodle. He's a great dog and has adjusted to being in a new home with new people remarkably well. I feel like my house won't be clean for the next 2 weeks! :o Lots of doggie drool on my dark wood floors. [smilie=th_cha66]

Melting Lemon Coconut Chiffon from Scentsy.

Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday. [smilie=th_wave]

mpfand - that is so funny about the drool! It reminds me of my pup that drinks water and fills her jowls - then walks away from the water bowl, dripping everywhere. [smilie=th_gif]

Honeybear - what a luxury, watching TV from the pool! Haha, can life get any better than just floating around with the Food Network going? Do you have the floaty chairs that have beverage holders? I have always wanted to try those! :sHa_woot:

Michele - good for you, sitting out SGA - I didn't...but at least I went with clams instead of big bags! That, I believe, is progress! ;)

Today it has been CFTKR - Flowerbomb, and SGA - Hello Lover

Good morning ladies,

Honeybear, your new furniture sounds like a huge success and I love debra's idea of floating in the pool while watching the Food Network. [smilie=th_slider_hi5] Sounds like a good sale to boot. After you mentioned Swanky, I checked it out and I love all her 3-D shapes, very elegant, especially the corsets. [smilie=th_giggle] She is just about sold out of everything, especially the Lavender Paris you mentioned which is unavailable in any of her many forms. Something for the future. [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Michele, thanks for the info on the SGA pies. By the time her next restock rolls around, I may be ready to grab those again. You're right, I'm already in enough trouble! I'm happy you'll get to be at the beach for awhile. [smilie=th_cc15]

Mpfand, that doggie that your DS is sitting sounds adorable, and I can completely relate to the influx of dog drool. With this crew, that is a constant...but I will take it any day over a silent, spotless house. It just means I'm on the floor again with the bucket and sponge...Your houseguest sounds adorable and I'm glad he's adjusted so easily to a new household. You must have good doggie vibes. [smilie=th_huganimal] (that's the dog, right? still think that looks like a ferret)

Debra, I've started ordering more clams, too. Already neatly packaged, not too large a quantity, no schmutz, and some of the vendors still give them beautiful decorations and embeds (who? who? LOL). Of course I will always be a sucker for beautiful shapes... [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Maggie - are you feeling better? *sending you hugs* [smilie=th_cuddle-1]

Today I am melting a new scent for me:

SEMO Olives and Avocado - wow, so fresh and clean, with a little kick which I believe is the olive - loving this.

Have a fine start to the week, everyone.

Tonight it is Afternoon Breeze by CBV, another favorite tart vendor that has been around for quite awhile! With all the newer vendors, I hope we remember some of our "tried and true"! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

I have a kitty that is boycotting kibble all of a sudden. No apparent toothie issue per the vet. Who knew their tastes would suddenly change like that? [smilie=th_scratch] Tuna seems to go down just fine...

Good morning all!

Debra, I hope your kitty is doing ok. I think the ways of cats are unfathomable. One week they love a food, the next week not at all. I think they just like to keep us on our toes. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

CBV - Debra, I looked it up - *must investigate*

So this morning it's:

Southbound American Smoothie - pink sugar, orange sherbet - ohhhhh just so beyond delicious - this was in the 4th of July Sampler and I reordered a clam. Amazing scent!

and of course

The Bathing Garden Charred Jack O'Lantern - there are no words - Shannon sent this as a sample and I thought I wouldn't like it but wrong again - mysterious, smoky, altogether wonderful. It's been going since last night. Love, love, love. [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

and yesterday was

OPT Peach Honeydew Cake, in flip-flop form - so impressive, can smell both the peach and the melon, exquisite!

I have a choice to make. I have budgeted a certain amount for August wax. The CFTKR restock is coming up. There are also a number of The Bathing Garden items I left behind in this order. I am pretty sure who is going to win out. [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Have a fine day everyone!

AmyJo ~ If I were you I would try to get something from Carol’s restock. Just saying...

Debra ~ Hope your kitty is just being finicky. No more sick kitties allowed! Oh, and I don’t have any floating chairs. We actually have what’s called a Baja ledge where we can put a couple of Adirondack chairs in the pool. It’s quite comfy! [smilie=yes]

Mpfand ~ You’re much kinder than I’ll ever be. Sad to say but I could never bring somebody else’s dog into my house to dog sit. That would be too much stress for the kitties, not to mention me and my ocd. [smilie=th_ee29]

Michele ~ Yay for DH being on vacation soon! Enjoy your time together! [smilie=th_Kusje-1]

ST Gamora ~ Pink Sugar, Mac Apple, and Ice Cream Scoop Bread ~ Delicious!

ST Leprechaun ~ Irish Spring, Four Leaf Clover, and White Tea

And still have my beloved Swanky Lavender Paris going next to me [smilie=th_hema1]

Maggie ~ Thinking of you. Hope you’re doing okay. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Maggie, hope to see you soon!

AmyJo - tough choice! Dontcha hate budgets? [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Honeybear, I would love to see your Baja ledge! There are some interesting ideas when it comes to relaxing in the pool.

Tonight is another old favorite vendor, OOB - Can-Do, the scent is Pink Skies.

Good morning ladies,

Hope everyone is well. Maggie, hope you are well, maybe you are traveling and don't have Wi-Fi.

Tomorrow another cool front moves in and it looks like a full week in the 70's. [smilie=th_BringItOn] I think May and July switched places this year in Ohio.

Debra, yes, budgets are a pain. :blink: It is indeed a tough one. Honeybear, I hear you, I really want to order something from Carol. :sCo_hmmthink:

Debra, how is your kitty doing? [smilie=th_catkiss]

Michele, I hope you and DH are having a relaxing, beautiful time on the shore. [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Susan, that Black Rose sounds intriguing.

These scents from yesterday are still going strong and I love them both: [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Southbound American Smoothie

The Bathing Garden Charred Jack O'Lantern

Have a good Wednesday!

Amy

Good morning all!

This is is like the old Arby's commercial - "WHERE IS EVERYBODY?"

????

Hello Everybody!

Yes I agree Amy is very quiet around here. I have been extremely busy. My dad and sisters are down for the week and it’s been nuts. Plus I drove to NY overnight Wednesday so I could pick up DD’s car from the body shop.

We went to AC on Monday and had company on Tuesday and Thursday. Got a chance to melt VCS Grandma’s Pearls and it was fantastic! I see what the rave was about. Today it’s SGA 3 Ring Circus which is another winner. I got a small order from VCS today and am in love with everything!

I have a wishlist made from TBG for some Halloween scents. I keep telling myself I have 3 Halloween samplers on order. Not caving yet. I have some time. I am also craving that Mystery Box from VCS.

DH comes down tomorrow night and his vacation starts for 10 days. Looking forward to that. Thanks everybody !

Maggie -I hope you are feeling okay.

I had typed up a post the other day but for some reason it didn’t post.

Enjoy the evening!

ahhhhh...the board has come back to life.... [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Susan! That black rose sounds amazing, right up my alley.

Michele, you have been extremely busy. I'm glad DH's vacation starts soon and you two can relax. Also, that VCS Grandma's Pearls - isn't it just so lovely?! [smilie=th_LOVE] Like you, I have a *rather long* Bathing Garden wishlist...

Since you mention the VCS Mystery Box:

CRITICAL NEWS FROM THE ENABLING DEPARTMENT: :sSig_woohoo2:

The VCS Mystery Box is on sale TODAY ONLY, 20% off, no code needed as she has already marked it down.

[smilie=th_cc24]

Hi everyone!

Been kind of busy and not melting much. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

I have my YC Key Lime Pie candle burning and melting SGA Rainbow Sherbet Whipped Cream BDay Cake... going really well together!

Spent a good part of the afternoon vacuuming the pool while DS#2 mowed the lawn. Tonight, DH took him to see Dead Pool, DS#1 is working, and Ozzy and I walked to the park. Tonight was Music in the Park, so we stayed awhile, chatted with a few neighbors and then came home. I've had 2 1/2 glasses of wine since then, so hope my post is not too incoherent... Lol. [smilie=th_lol22]

Love to all. I am now going to go back and read everyone's posts. Gosh I did that backwards... blame the wine. [smilie=th_a056] [smilie=th_fe5b5651] Also have a book to finish tonight... about 30 pages to go. [smilie=th_200911025310]

[smilie=th_aa18]

LOL, Aria! :D

It has been close to 100 degrees for several days, so I come home and spend the evening watering! Silly me - this is the year I went crazy with flower pots. <_>

AmyJo - you asked about Miss Sophia kitty - she is doing fairly well - really holding out for the spendy food. Guess that is OK, as long as she is eating. Hope it doesn't make a dent in the wax budget, [smilie=th_butbutbut] The other one just sat on the remote and turned off the TV volume, and I can't figure out what button she stepped on. [smilie=th_scratch] This could take awhile!

Tonight it is Cheryl's China Rose. Rose is always such a strong one - even after 3 years!

Good morning ladies! :sSig_sup:

Good to hear from you folks, rather fond of this little community. [smilie=group_hug] Now if Maggie would check in...methinks she is out of wifi range.

Debra, most importantly, I am very glad to hear that Miss Sophia Kitty is doing better. Of course she prefers the spendy food; they check our receipts during the night and choose accordingly. You made me laugh about the other cat working the remote [smilie=th_lol22] - Clemmie is also skilled at doing that. As for your potted plants - you are a great plant momma to spend so much time watering. You're not silly, far from it - there is no such thing as too many beautiful flowers and greenery.

Also, Debra, I am in your debt regarding the ice cube trick - I saw you mention this a few times - normally I hot pour, but with the increased use of tea light melters around here, the ice cube is a much better choice. Those tea light melters are so hot to pick up, and the little bowls aren't very big, so even with all my hot work gear, I have had a few little splish splash waxidents. I'm equally unenthused about suiting up to pour them out at bedtime when I'm tired. So now, just blow out the candle, go to bed, and everything is cooled and ready for the ice cube in the morning. Brilliant! Thank you!! [smilie=th_happy096]

Aria, you are cracking me up! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] I think you did very well for posting after 2 and a half glasses of wine. I would likely have to do some heavy editing the next morning. Lovely that you and Ozzy got to hear Music in the Park - I love outdoor live music. What book did you finish reading?

Michele, regarding our wishlists for The Bathing Garden...this morning mine graduated to a cart, which then magically became an order. I think it would be easier to just call Shannon up and ask for one of everything she has, on an ongoing basis. There is an earlier order supposed to arrive today. [smilie=snoopy]

Well as usual this is a War and Peace post...but let me rave for just a moment about SEMO - last night I started melting one of Traci's samples, Sandalwood Sheets, and ohhhh this is glorious, so beautifully blended. I have been happy with every single melt from this vendor, and her shipping turnaround approaches the speed of sound - typically the shipping label notice comes the same day as the order, which then arrives in just a couple of days. Also her website is gorgeous and so easy to negotiate. Wonderful! :toppoints:

So this morning, in honor of Michele's VCS Mystery Box (and btw, Michele, what was in your small VCS order you received yesterday? Details please), I'm melting:

VCS Lady Diana's Dress of the Century (from the Royal Wedding Sampler) - coconut cream, wedding cake, blackberry - yet another beautiful blend from VCS and making me happy just walking through the house. What is it about VCS? - everything smells so rich and delicious.

That is all - have a lovely day - and Happy Friday!

Amy

Last-Minute Updates From the Enabling Department: [smilie=th_aa17]

l3 Waxy Wonders will have a restock at 4 PM TODAY, I'm guessing PDT since she is in Junction City, Oregon.

Southbound will have their pre-order bags of shapes open for orders TODAY at 2 pm CT.

Super Tarts has a restock which appears to be live NOW (I'm sorry for sudden notice - I don't have a Facebook so had no warning)

And it looks as though VCS has extended their 20% off sale to ALL of their samplers, no code needed! Not sure if this is today only.

[smilie=th_cc24]

Good Morning!

It’s a gorgeous day here!

I am melting CFOW SSA Pink Sands. Just getting started but smells wonderful already.

AmyJo-My small order from VCS:

Phantom of the Opera (4 pack)

Priscilla’s Wedding (4 pack)

The Warren’s Visit Cookie Monster- Bling Blocks

Cookie Monster’s Post (Chantilly Shatter)

Headless Cookie Monster (Blossom Squares)

I had 2 Fall Samplers in my cart but lost them.

I’m going to have to try VCS Lady Diana’s Dress of the Century. I still haven’t melted any of my Royal Wedding Sampler yet. I agree everything I have melted from VCS does smell so rich and delicious.

Maggie-Hope you are doing ok.

Happy Friday All!!