The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

July is a Popping With Fragrance

Breaking News from the Enabling Department: [smilie=th_ef7d03c7]

In order of appearance:

Vintage Chic Restock: Thursday, July 19, 9 AM CST.

Zeep Restock: Saturday, July 21, 3 PM CST.

Scented Squirrel Restock: Sunday, July 29, 8 PM EST.

and

CFTKR Restock: Saturday, August 4, 10 AM EST, will close after 300 orders.

In other critical news, Vintage Road is going to make something new, "Extra Chunkie Brittle Bits," four 1.4 oz pieces for $6, very cute and nice size for melting. No date given.

[smilie=th_cc24]

Good Morning!

AmyJo... [smilie=th_th1ptgno] (Thanks.....)

Glad everyone is enjoying that CFOW Mystery Box...May be something to order...in the future.

This morning it's Picnic In The Park by Yankee....found some tarts at a store for under a dollar so I bought three...melting them along with same candle. It's a nice scent and I can actually smell it. [smilie=th_cc15]

Have a good day! :)

Haha, about VCS curing, AmyJo! I have to admit that my VCS get a long cure - due to the fact that there is quite an inventory of tarts around here! [smilie=th_ahaaha]

Maggie - I am glad your YC is a winner! I have a couple favs that are pretty strong. Did you see the new YC catalog? The new candles are sooo pretty!

So...where is this mystery CFOW box you speak of? [smilie=th_confused3] Is it only available off and on?

mpfand - you are so right! These temps are not usual for us til later in the summer and I am doing my share of whining about it. [smilie=th_pardon]

Tonight it is a FP sample with no scent name, a mystery tart! I smell creamsickle in there.

Good morning ladies,

I hope everyone is well. Lovely cool morning here in Ohio. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr Today I have to do some online presentations and I am nervous. :shock: This too shall pass. If it goes well, there will be a reward at the end - I'm going to see Jason Isbell at Riverbend tonight (outdoor theater by the Ohio river).

Debra, that CFOW mystery box is in her "Ready to Ship" section under Sample Box. It's a Regional A postal box stuffed full - she doesn't list the weight online. The samples are chunks or shapes, each neatly bagged and labeled. It is $35.99 and ships by itself, so she asks that people place a separate order for this one. The chunks are good sizes, at least 1-2 melts out of each one. Michele has so many different chunk blends and so it's a great way to try a huge variety.

As long as we're talking about big samplers, the other fun one is VCS Mystery Box in her "Samplers" section, usually at the very end. That one is at least 40 oz of wax and costs $49.25, which I thought at first was pretty pricey but wow, that was a great assortment of beautiful wax in all different forms.

Maggie - I'm glad you found some YC that have good scent! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr Maybe things are looking up for them?

I really like their little cubes - well, little cylinders really - that WalMart sells (oblong box, 6 melts) - those smell beautiful and last a long time.

Debra - I have some FP mystery tarts too and can't always figure out what they are, glad you could pick out the creamsicle! :sHa_thumbgoodjob:

Susan, you have such a great assortment of interesting scents. I love Avobath, that one sounds lovely.

Well, last night I melted:

Southbound Stars and Stripes (strawberry, mint, vanilla) and ohhhh, I love this so much. Even DH said how much he liked it. I continue to be wowed by this vendor. The scent is immediate and heavenly. The powerful scent lasts for a couple of hours and then the soft after-scent lasts for 8 hours or more. Really nice for evening and overnight.

And today is OPT:

OPT Sugared Melon Coconut Noel - this is a glorious scent but this bag doesn't have a ton of throw, even with the tealight, which is breaking my heart. It was worth it to sit close by the melter because it's such a lovely blend.

OPT Blueberry Cream Cheese Lemon Cake - in Flip-Flop form - and this one is spectacular, throwing across the house in minutes. Both the blueberry and the lemon are clear, a big winner.

Have a lovely day, all.

Good Morning All!

Good luck today AmyJo! I'm sure you'll do great! And....enjoy that concert tonight!! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr Lucky!! Those Yankee tarts did fine...not strong but ok. I used up the candle which is nice...I don't like used candles laying around. I think the Yankee clams in Walmart do much better that the scallops too! It's like a completely different wax. So odd. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Debra...I haven't seen their new candles...I'll have to take a peek to see.

Yesterday it was Groot by CFOW from a sweet CF pal. Thanks! Super strong and lovely. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Today it's Strawberry Road by Scarlet Raine. I'm so bummed about the change in her wax. These old super soft loaves throw like crazy but her new clams...nothing. I've been letting them cure...I hope there's a change when I try them again.

Have a good one. ;)

Morn ladies. Melting today: Cake batter from CFOW

Remote Island by CFOW box of these are chunk bags.

Received my CFOW mystery box yesterday, the box look like it had been in a tug of war game.

Good morning, friends! [smilie=The_Hi]

Hope everyone is doing well today. I’ve been a little busy shopping for outdoor furniture for our Arizona room. Seems there are some pretty good clearance sales going on at our favorite furniture store. [smilie=th_aa17]

ST Skinny Dipping ~ Passionfruit and Jaws (Sea salt, fresh air, see grass, sliced plum, and sweet pear)

Swanky Lavender Paris - Thanks to a sweet CF friend. Loving this! Yummy! [smilie=thank_you] When it cools down, I plan to take a look at Swanky’s website. [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Hi All?

No melting again. I just haven’t been home.

AmyJo-Enjoy the concert and Good Luck with your presentation.

Susan-I hope the contents of your box weren’t damaged.

Honeybear-What’s an Arizona room? Happy Shopping!

I received the wreath in the mail I purchased from Maggie! It’s gorgeous!!! Can’t wait to hang it in the beach house. She is very talented.

Uh oh, Susan! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon I hope nothing fell out!?

Honeybear - I loooove it when I find something I am looking for on sale! Whatcha find? [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Thanks for the sampler info, AmyJo - I am going to have to take a peek. Thank heavens for the hot weather...it will help me stall a bit!

Tonight it is HHS - Cherry Limeade.

Good morning everyone!

I hope you all are well.

Yesterday was a good day. The presentations all went well, and I think my voice was shaking only on the first one. I have to give that one only 8 more times in the next two weeks. :sSc_faint: But I think I've got it down now.

The highlight of yesterday, though, other than melting these Golden Willow waxies which are amazing, was the Jason Isbell concert at Riverbend in Cincinnati. I sang, I danced, I laughed, I cried. [smilie=th_ahaaha] Perfect weather and an excellent seat. I'm very grateful for an evening like that.

Susan, I'm sorry your postal box went through the wars. Although I think the Post Office usually does an excellent job, every now and then....It's like they save up all their frustrations for a *special* day. :sFi_boxing: I hope the waxies all survived!

Honeybear, oooh, oooh! Shopping for outdoor furniture sounds like a good day, especially since things were on sale! I love outdoor seating. I'm glad you found things you will love using.

Michele!! You received your Maggie Wreath, aren't they fabulous?! I can't say enough good things about ours.

Maggie, I'm going to melt a Scarlet Raine waxie today that a sweet pal sent me :flirt-2: and will report back on the throw!

Debra, I love cherry limeade scents so much. How was the HHS one?

So yesterday after the presentations I was in a celebratory mood and while getting ready for the concerts, I threw some Golden Willow waxies in the melters and they are still going strong this morning:

GWW Boardwalk Baby - berries, apricot, salt water taffy - perfectly luscious. Great throw and longevity.

GWW Try to Relax - Persian cucumber and grapefruit - oh now this is tangy and crisp, and actually I find it more invigorating than relaxing but it's wonderful.

GWW Ginny Weasley Drinks Martinis - first of all, they had me at the name, but this is probably my favorite of the bunch - spicy ginger appletini - so delicious. Can't we have a drink like this too?

Golden Willow is moving way, way up in my list of favorite vendors. :toppoints:

Have a wonderful day everybody!

Good Morning!!

AmyJo-It sounds like you are in trouble again. I see more orders coming. Yes Maggie Wreaths are fabulous.

Melting today Dairy-Aire Apricot Plum Marshmallow Cake from a lovely CF friend. This is wonderful.

Have a great day all!!

Good Morning!

Thanks Michele and Amy Jo! [smilie=th_aa18] Michele, I'm glad you're pleased. :)

Susan...oh no!! I hate when packages arrive smushed!! Like Debra, I worry things fell out!

Honeybear...hope you had fun shopping! I usually hate shopping but I do enjoy furniture shopping...indoor or outdoor. :sHa_woot: Did ya find anything good?

AmyJo....I applaud you [smilie=th_c61] for those presentations! 8 more? :sSc_faint: I'm no good in those situations! But I'm glad you've got it under control! :sHa_okay:

This morning it's....

Beach Walk by OPT upstairs

Downstairs it's Life is a Cabaret by VCS...❤️

Have a good day. :)

AmyJo - The cherry limeade was a strong one. I sure miss Janet and her wax a lot. And - good to have one presentation under your belt. That darn anxiety before hand is the worst! :blush:

It has cooled off here for a few minutes...back to 90+ in couple days. I wish it would stall out around 80 degrees. That is hot enough for me.

Tonight it is VCS - Million Dollar Mermaid.

Good morning ladies!

Tip: do not hit backspace...the post disappears... [smilie=th_shout]

Pouring rain here this morning which is great for the plants. Lots of crashing thunder and I'm grateful that Montgomery, who I miss sorely, is not having to go through this one. Not a great night's sleep - dear Clemmie the cat kept popping up into the bed and trying to knead my neck with her toenails and drooling all over my face. You know you love your cat when.... Maybe she could sense this storm coming on.

Debra, you are so right about the pre-presentation anxiety - that's when I doubt everything about myself and am sure I am going to be nailed to the wall by questions I can't answer. You would think after all these years, I would be over this, but I'm not.

Maggie! That Scarlet Raine called Water the Melons (and the name already had made me happy, LOL) smelled delicious and had fine throw. [smilie=th_teks0311] sweet CF friend!

Lots of melting, first of all yesterday afternoon with Front Porch, which is hugely better after a few weeks' cure. I think this order had been very freshly poured and it had an oily smell when I first received it - but upon melting them now, they're beautiful:

FP Orange Triple Macaron - just delightful, strong luscious orange scent and lasted all day.

FP Hayride - smells like a freshly cut field - gorgeous. I really love this one and it's a new waxie scent for me. Smells like the farm we used to have, a good true scent.

FP Serendipity - very nice but this is my first time with this scent so I'm not sure what it's supposed to smell like. Cherry, almond? I don't know that I will go hog wild for this one but it was pleasant and had plenty of throw.

Scarlet Raine Water the Melons - I love melon scents and this was a beauty.

Overnight was:

Southbound Pink Bedtime - pink sugar, lavender, vanilla - ohhhh sent me right off to dreamland (until Clemmie started up....)

And this morning it's:

Zeep Salted Caramel Macchiato - from the Coffee Sampler - and yes I know this should cure until September but I was impatient, and it is lovely. Beautiful scent and plenty of throw! I had had a clam of this before and love it. [smilie=th_LOVE]

SEMO White Sage & Citrus - beautiful! Strong! Tangy! Love! [smilie=th_200912104451]

Have a wonderful day, everyone.

LATE BREAKING NEWS FROM THE ENABLING DEPARTMENT: [smilie=th_ef7d03c7]

The Bathing Garden Halloween Restock - 4 PM EST TODAY, TODAY - with 50, that would be FIFTY, Halloween scents. Can you imagine the cool, spooky decorations she'll come up with...and the beautiful blends....resistance is futile...

[smilie=th_cc24]

Good Morning!

Amy Jo... [smilie=th_smiley_aaeq] I may have to take a peek....somebody around here has been talking about TBG and raving....i don't know who.

Last night it was CFOW SSA Pink Sands

And OPT Carnival Treats

This morning it's SR Shaving Cream & Cookies...we shall see how this does after a 3 1/2 month cure!

Have a great day. :)

Too many choices at TBG! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

So...I keep moving the big chunks around and grabbing the smaller ones instead of spending time chopping. Anyone chop these up when you get them so they are ready to go? I wonder if that would be a better idea? [smilie=th_pardon]

Tonight it is CYS - Red Musk.

Good morning dear everyone,

Well, it rained buckets and buckets yesterday, tons of thunder and lightning, a tornado watch, and a cool front, so a lively day. I will take it; it's currently 64 degrees and we slept with the windows open. [smilie=th_thumbs20up] Clemmie has finally come out of the closet, where she hides and sleeps during a storm.

Debra, typically I don't chop in advance. I love looking at the beautiful designs of say, a Garden Bar or decorated shapes - so I don't want to ruin that by chopping. I tried chopping a loaf once, but since it was a very soft wax, the bag became a schmutzy mess that I didn't like seeing. So now I usually leave it alone and chop off a bit at a time.

The Bathing Garden Halloween restock yesterday was a big thrill and I did make a *largish* order. [smilie=th_aa17] Debra, you are right, there were so many choices! I re-ordered some of the summer seashells which I simply must have around for the long winter months. Beautiful wax, all of it!

So, in honor of The Bathing Garden, this morning it's:

TBG Calypso - sea salt, vetiver, driftwood, jasmine, coconut. This is my very favorite of the TBG scents. It was going all of last evening with the tea light, which I have re-lit this morning and it is heavenly. Very strong and one cube is filling the house. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Have a great day, everybody, and enjoy your weekend.

LAST MINUTE ALERT FROM THE ENABLING DEPARTMENT: [smilie=th_sSig_what]

And not a moment to spare - for those of us who don't use Facebook, some of these slip by - SGA doesn't post too much on Instagram - so this was found by accident visiting the website - but since many people here love this vendor, here it is.

SGA Restock, TODAY, as in VERY SOON, at 10 AM CST.

[smilie=th_cc24]

Hello All.

Not feeling too good...having a bad reaction to antibiotics. My stomach feels like my bleeding ulcers are back. Ouch.

Just changed the warmers to OPT Cantaloupe Cake...a blend of mine from last year. I ❤️ Cantaloupe.

Have a good day.

Afternoon everyone. Not melting today, helping my mom make homemade applesauce, they have several apple trees.

Melting yesterday: Mango Tangerine by OPT

Jack Sparrow by CFOW.

Maggie I hope you feel better soon.

Feel better Maggie! [smilie=th_ef3416a0]

Burning YC Key Lime Pie...a favorite and one of the few Yankees that I get some decent scent from. :wub:

No orders placed.

No deliveries.

Ho hum.

Owie, Maggie, I hope you feel better soon!

Aria, it really is not-so-fun when you are not ordering or watching for packages! :huh:

Back to the 90's again tomorrow. Where or where is the PNW rain?? [smilie=th_confused3]

I am also melting YC - Flowers in the Sun.