The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

July is a Popping With Fragrance

Well good morning all and how are we in July already?! [smilie=th_foolish1] Michele, great title for our new month!

Much much too hot for my liking but the whole country seems to be suffering. We're staying indoors and bike riding is limited to the very early hours.

Debra, I love citronella candles, very much because of the scent, and if we get a couple of the large ones they seem to do the trick with the mosquitoes. I never leave the kind in the cans unattended - I had one take off on me a couple of years ago and set itself ablaze. [smilie=th_thConfus_55] The best thing is citronella shampoo, which can be Googled and ordered online - years ago we were camping in Canada and oh the clouds of mosquitoes swarming my head were driving me mad. I bought citronella skin wipes and shampoo and voila! Bugs be gone. That's a whole different level of flying squadrons up there.

Yesterday a different kind of package arrived - a big, chubby box - and it was the Bee Wreath from Maggie's Etsy store (MyWelcomeWreath)!! We are over the moon! First of all it is HUGE - much bigger than the picture implies - and it is beyond adorable, beautifully made and sturdy. The bee in the center has the cutest little face and I smile every time I walk by him. It's so bright and cheerful and we are completely thrilled! Maggie, I wish you much success with your store! [smilie=th_happy096]

Adding to the Christmas atmosphere around here, yesterday two small orders arrived - SEMO and OPT. :upssmiley1: I can't say enough good things about these vendors. SEMO comes in adorable little four-packs of pretty shapes and the scents! Just wonderful, lots of variety. And OPT - I've been ordering the flip-flops in House Blends. Both of these vendors are very affordable and send lovely samples. The smaller quantities help with keeping the overall intake a bit lower. Ordering lots of small orders is more manageable than one big order, right? Right?? [smilie=th_aa17] Thank you, I thought so too.

So last night and this morning it's been (from the amazing giftie box from a lovely CF pal):

CFTKR Strawberry Cheesecake - [smilie=th_OMG] - is all of Carol's stuff this good?? Just amazing scent, so true, soothing, luscious.

CFTKR Raspberry Cheesecake - ditto! Ditto! I'm not pouring these out until every last speck of scent is gone.

Peach Mallow Birthday Cake - from an extremely gifted CF pal - how do you DO this?? Beautiful! One of my favorites.

Have a beautiful Sunday everybody and stay cool!

AmyJo

Good Sunday Morning! Adorable thread title Michele!!

What a lovely post to wake up to, Amy Jo! :sEm_blush7: You are so kind and I am so happy that you are enjoying him. Thank you! :flirtysmile4:

That's a pretty cool thing you mentioned AmyJo! I never heard of citronella shampoo!! We have started using those bracelets with repellent on them...but people use them as anklets more than bracelets. I must admit, I rarely have been under attack by mosquitos...although everyone around me will be. I don't know why? I've read some research but I don't fit into their data. I've always wondered if it has to do with iron deficiency. [smilie=th_aa17]

Going with a coffee scent this morning...finishing up another loaf...

Sugar Cookies XL Caramel Coffee Deep Fried Apples by Up The Creek Scents.... [smilie=th_LOVE]

Have a good one. :)

Hi All!

Glad you all like the thread title.

Amy-I love CFTKR. Carol ‘s melts really hold their scent even when they are older. I sometimes find that the scent is gone after about 4 hours or so. She doesn’t open like she used to. I used to order constantly. It’s been awhile. I’m staying indoors with the air and the fan. It’s too hot out there.

Good Luck with the Etsy store Maggie!!

Melting today FP Calm Sea. Love this. Thank you sweet CF friend.

Burning candles too-

Goose Creek Island Sands

YC Bay Breeze

YC Cucumber and Cantaloupe

BBW Beach Copper Coconut

Smells wonderful in here!!

Cute title, Michele! :D

Melting Slice of Paradise from Zeep.

Have a good one. B)

You all have the best info on citronella candles! Who knew there was shampoo!

I seem to have lost my last post again, but I was chatting about a deck I have off the kitchen that we have never used and now I am spiffing it up - but the first thing I noticed was the mosquitos! <_>

Great title Michele! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

I have been thinking about what you said about the big chunks and loaves Maggie - I seem to have ordered a lot of the bigger chunks lately - and they seem to reproduce in the cupboard. The bags never seem to get emptied. :D

Tonight = SGA Pomegranate Crunch Berries

Good morning ladies and Happy Monday,

I hope everyone is keeping cool. [smilie=th_dd5] Just amazingly hot yesterday. We had a brief thunderstorm around dinnertime and the rain actually cooled things off a bit.

Yesterday my DH had a long rehearsal for a show he is playing and so I spent the afternoon cold-sniffing every single bit of wax I have. [smilie=th_th1ptgno] This took several hours. It all smells heavenly. I think it has been reproducing in the night, though, because there is no way I have ordered all of this. [smilie=th_Whistle]

Maggie and Debra, on the citronella, I like those little bracelets too. They have them at Family Dollar for $1 and they work pretty well. I remembered also a solid citronella disk that I ordered from Amazon that you could just apply to exposed skin like wrists or neck and that works well and smells wonderful. We have a little cabin in the woods and there are a few bugs down there.

Michele and Maggie, thank you for the info on CFTKR. I would like your help in enabling me!! - next time Carol has a quiet opening, would you please let me know? I don't have a Facebook anymore so not sure how I would find out otherwise. *puleeeeeze* [smilie=th_allah]

Mpfand - that Zeep Slice of Paradise was one of my favorites - that was the hugest single wax I've ever received, a big circle with decorations, adorable - and it is GONE. :crysmiley1: I hope you also enjoyed!

So I'm continuing to make my way through all of my gorgeous gifties (thank you dear pals!!):

From a talented CF friend - Violet Lime - ohhh so delicious

OPT Blue Ice Type - wow!! This is gorgeous, very refreshing! - thank you!!

and

SGA Blackberry Lemonade Margarita Limoncello - from the Chunky Mini Pie Sampler - I must say, this is one of the best SGA scents I've melted. So crisp and invigorating and much needed on a steamy July Monday.

Have a great day all,

AmyJo

Good Morning All! Sitting with my cup of [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe before my big clean up around here. I hope I get most of it done...so much to do.

AmyJo...I would love to help with the CFTKR hunt but I don't have FB either so I never know she opened until after the fact. She is SO popular that she only opens for about an hour and closes back down. I one and only time I ordered was a fluke!

Debra...I know about those endless baggies!! [smilie=th_confused3] Lately, I've been using up some bags and it feels so nice!

Thanks Michele! [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

It's CFOW Grandmas Garden upstairs

And downstairs it was CFOW Blueberry Cream Cheese Frosting Pie Crust but now it's

Zeep Sunday in the Park with George

Have a good one!

AmyJo, I had the waffle bars in Slice of Paradise. I melted my last bar yesterday. I love the scent, although it faded quickly.

Big cleaning day here. Melting Ocean Tides from ScentSationals. "Wave Crashing Clean" is the description. Spot on; clean smelling, but not soapy.

Have a good day! [smilie=th_hema1]

Hi Everyone!

This weather is beautiful but I wish it was cooler. Not a fan of the heat.

My problem with my wax is that most of it is in chunk bags. I’m embarrassed to say how many i have. I am so happy when one is emptied. I brought quite a few down to the beach house and I’m hopeful I can make a dent in those at least. But all my samplers are here too. I hope so but I’m not too hopeful.

Melting today SGA 3 Ring Circus. Really enjoying this one.

DH is off this week so we are relaxing. We met my cousin and her new boyfriend for lunch today and tonight I’m going to my friend’s house to see her new granddaughter.

Have a great night everyone!,

Not to worry, Michele - I bet I can match you tart bag for tart bag! I also thought about taking a few bags to the beach this weekend... [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

I am taking a few vacation days - I have not been good about taking time away and if I don't use it, I will lose it. So...we will see how it goes, I am clearly a worker bee. [smilie=th_paper-bag]

I love CFTKR - and they do last a long time! I think the next opening will be a Saturday am in August. She gives samples of some of her new oils and is very generous! I end up getting some of them in my next order - if I can manage to find the date. Remember the old days when you would get sales emails? [smilie=th_confused3]

It is still cool here with an occasional drizzle. I hope your heat lets up! We tend to get hotter in Aug/Sept.

CYS is having a 4th of July sale, 20% off...

Tonight it is TCC = Cherry Fizz.

Good morning ladies,

I hope everyone is doing well and staying cool. We had thunderstorms yesterday but it was more noise than rain. I rode my bike to go fetch a package from the post office and it was rough going in the heat. But it was worth it. More on that in a minute.

Debra, thanks for any info on the next CFTKR opening! [smilie=th_smilies-2] I will save up my pennies for that one.

Michele, I'm glad you're getting to see friends and family while you're at the shore. [smilie=th_cuddle-1]

Maggie - how was that Zeep tart? I'm still curing mine. It seems to take 2-3 months. After one month now I notice a big difference in the cold sniff, but I don't think they're ready yet. Tell me I'm wrong - there's some beautiful scents in the curing closet that I'm aching to try.

Mpfand, I remember now that you had those waffle bars. That "Ocean Tides" sounds lovely. I haven't made a ScentSationals run in awhile.

Susan, I see that you have things going from The Bathing Garden - how do you like them?

Which brings me to - yesterday as mentioned I braved the heat to collect my order from The Bathing Garden - and I'm completely bowled over by the beauty of these melts and their gorgeous scents. I got quite a few things from her Take Me to the Sea collection and they are so very lovely - clammies decorated with little shells and marine animals - tarts shaped like sand dollars and seashells - and everything smells divine. The labels are so artistic and each one has its own unique drawing. In addition, Shannon included an entire bakery bag of samples, I'm guessing because this was my first order - all things for the fall. I'm in so much trouble - this is a gorgeous vendor. [smilie=th_LOVE]

So last night it was:

Vintage Road Giant Bundt - Blueberry and Vanilla Waffle Cone - beautiful, comforting, and lasted all night, luscious.

And this morning so far it's:

The Bathing Garden Calypso - sea salt, vetiver, driftwood, jasmine, and coconut. I have this in a votive melter and it seems to be the perfect combination. This has that beautiful Beachwood Vetiver note that I discovered from CFOW - there are no words. Beautiful, tons of throw, no curing needed.

I'm in so much trouble!

Have a fine day!

AmyJo

Good Morning!

AmyJo-it sounds like you are in trouble. I’ve never tried The Bathing Garden. I see another order coming.

Debra-Glad Im not the only one. It’s giving me anxiety.

Melting today Southbound Red, White and Blue. This smells great! Thank you so much kind CF friend!!

Good Afternoon!

Michele, hope you had a lovely time with your friend and her granddaughter. Enjoy the week with your hubby!

Debra...yay for taking that time off! You don't want to loose the time and I hope you have a relaxing time away. You reminded me of Carols extras...lol....I forgot about that! She was the first vendor that I ever received so many extras from!! I think I have 1 jumbo tart left....unless there are more hoarded away somewhere. [smilie=th_scratch]

AmyJo....I think the Zeep I melted was from a long time ago....I'll check. Yes, they are from March 2017 so they did nice...but not as strong as last year. I am finding my house is being weird with throw ever since the heatwave started. Idk. [smilie=th_confused3] But all in all it did well.

Today it's been VCS You're the One That I Want - Pistachio Ice Cream Sandwich

Have a nice day.

Hi All!!

Melting tonight CFOW Peach Waffle which is a combination of Waffle Cone, Fire Roasted Marshmallow and Blushing Peaches.

Debra-Enjoy the beach!

Debra, glad you're taking some time off. Enjoy! [smilie=th_yay]

Melting Pineapple Sorbet from Scentsy.

Ugh... it is hard work getting work done so I can take time off! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon I am pooped. I was tired enough tonight that I came home and forgot to fire up the melters. It is sorta late to get them going but melt.I.must.

Michele - I get the anxiety thing! I look at the boxes and wonder how I am going to get it all melted/stored. :huh:

I hope you have a fun fourth! Any plans? [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Tonight it is PNW Waffles from Golden Willow.

Good morning Ladies and Happy 4th of July, [smilie=th_blij40]

Well. I can tell you that hitting "tab" will cause your post to suddenly submit itself. This is better than disappearing! But now I am editing it because it wasn't finished. :sFun_blahblah:

No particular plans for today other than staying cool! I might venture out to Michael's to find a couple more of these decorative boxes with the magnetic flap like I bought for my CFOW unicorn. Very happy with that box and since there *may* be more wax coming, I think something will find a home in there. [smilie=th_200912104451]

Maggie, I'm right there with you chasing these air currents around in the a/c. I have found a good spot just over the sink for my tea light melter and the scent actually fills the kitchen instead of racing outside to the enclosed porch. [smilie=superman]

Michele, I'm glad you liked the Southbound - I'm really pleased with this vendor also, lovely scents and pretty decorations. That CFOW Peach Waflle sounds enticing! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Debra, I'm really hoping you enjoy some time off at the beach! [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Susan, that Cactus and Sea salt is such a lovely combination.

Mpfand, pineapple sorbet - I also seem to be really enjoying the pineapple scents lately.

So many lovely waxies to choose from...I am so delighted with these amazing vendors - I've slowed down the pace a bit and am really enjoying melting again. I will likely never get through it all and that has to be ok. If wax is peeking out of every cupboard, so be it. I admit happy defeat. [smilie=th_cha40]

So - yesterday it was:

Super Tarts Umbridge (tea & cakes, roses, cotton candy) - from a sweet CF friend - this is absolutely lovely, gorgeous rose scent, and it lasted about 12 hours. Beautiful! [smilie=th_teks0311]

VRC Lavender Peppermint Shaving Cream - ohhhh, now this is a big winner, just beautiful, and the peppermint doesn't overpower everything else - a lovely blend and a strong one. Long lasting. Love this vendor so much.

The Bathing Garden - I continue to be captivated by this vendor - using my tea light warmer (and this was done randomly, wow! what a combination):

Widow's Walk - violet, clove, cedar

Unicorn Magic - Pink and blue sugars, cotton candy, vanilla

Wild Berry Scones - so delicious.

And this morning I have added:

SEMO Cappuccino Espresso Sugar Cookie Dough - another excellent vendor - adorable shapes, lovely throw, and very little curing. Fast shipping. Beautiful coffee scent to start the day.

And yes - I have already placed another Bathing Garden order. Yes. I have been assimilated. [smilie=th_ahaaha]

Have a lovely holiday!

AmyJo

Happy Fourth of July!!

Hope you all have a great time celebrating today. My brother is having a barbecue so we are headed there.

Melting SGA Unskinny Bop. Smells great!

Enjoy the day!

Happy Fourth!

I went to our local parade - it is a small town type, lots of high school bands and decorated flatbed trucks!

AmyJo, I think that is the attitude you have to have when you are in as deep as we are - wax just peeks out of drawers and yes, even the guest bathroom! [smilie=th_shewiggle]

It has been a noisy 4th, firecrackers started about 5 o'clock this afternoon and have not stopped. It isn't even time yet for the big ones! Poor kitties, I didn't even have time to "put them away" for the night. [smilie=grrr]

Tonight it is an old OOB - LOL - the scent is Americana.

Hello All and Happy 4th Of July!! I hope everyone enjoyed their day.

Had a family barbecue today and we had a nice time. [smilie=th_avatar_4219]

Debra...I am right with you on the forgetting to put my warmer on. I had planned on melting an apple pie scent and then company arrived and I forgot! [smilie=th_smiley_aaeq] Now that Ive cleaned up, I finally put new wax in...ahhhh. I couldn't find any apple pie...probably in the fall box...but now it's...

Fireworks by Lilac Scentsations

Tea Party by Lilac Scentsations

AmyJo...thanks for the info about the "tab" button. I never knew that.

Have a great evening.