The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

July is a Popping With Fragrance

Good morning ladies and [smilie=th_bb20]

Well Clemmie the cat is eating well and wanting to hunt mice in the garage (not that there would ever be a mouse in our garage! the horror) so she seems to be on the mend from her fall. She has a perfectly fine stainless steel water bowl, but she is back to drinking out of the toilet. Perhaps that is TMI so forgive me. If she is happy, I am happy. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Mpfand - I'm happy you will get to spend time with your daughter! [smilie=th_LOVE]

I have to go to the office again today so this will be quick.

In my continuing love affair with the tea lights, yesterday I tried a few new scents:

Golden Willow Hagrid's (Whiskey, Maple, Tea, Woodsmoke) - this is one I would crawl through hot oil for - fabulous and different.

Golden Willow Elf Floss - smells like a candy cane - all this talk of Christmas in July made me break this one out and I'm glad I did.

and

Zeep Aye Papi (watermelon, mint, mojito) - out of the curing closet for a quick try! Beautiful! Lovely, fresh, tasty. Probably needs another month but it's delicious.

Have a lovely day, all.

Good Morning All! :)

Went over to the beach with my childhood friends and my sis last night to hear some bands but ended up walking by the water...it was a beautiful night...warm but no humidity! Heading back to the beach this afternoon with my sis. Should be a lovely day.

Mpfand...enjoy your DD!! [smilie=th_smilies-2]

AmyJo...so glad Clemmie is feeling better! Always a wonderful feeling! As for the toilet....to each his own....lol. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_fluc

Placed a larger order at GWW.... [smilie=th_pardon] yes...I am supposed to be stopping my wax intake...but I've placed three orders this week. [smilie=th_giggle] At least one was small.

Today it's GWW in Sea Glass

And upstairs it's SGA in Gilligan's Island

Have a good day.

Happy Friday. Thank you guys for the hugs I greatly appreciate it.

Melting today: Watermelon Lemonade by Candlewarmers, very strong

Blooming Magnolia by K's

[smilie=th_Hello_]

Susan ~ I am so sorry to hear about Bear. Sending a big hug your way!

AmyJo ~ Hope Clementine is okay. [smilie=th_catkiss] We'll have no more pet issues in our group!

Maggie ~ Looks like DH needs to have his wisdom teeth out after all these years. I am SO not looking forward to it. [smilie=help] Hope your girls are all better now. My girls did really well, but I didn’t have them both done at the same time.

Wax Incredibles French Vanilla Bread

ST Magneto ~ Lavender, Strawberry, and Vanilla Buttercream

Homemade Lime Marshmallow Birthday Cake

I’m with you, Debra. [smilie=th_slider_hi5] I’m not ordering any wax in this heat. It’s supposed to get under 100 on Sunday for a few days, but in another week it will be back up to 109. [smilie=th_dd5]

Yep, Honeybear...I am on pause for a little bit until this 90 degrees business is done. My last came in today - a very small order from Bubbles and Geek.

AmyJo - good news about Clemmie! I can't relax when I can't tell what is going on with one of the furballs.

I hope you enjoyed your beach day, Maggie! [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Tonight it is Rocket's - Blonde Pomegranate

Hi friends ????

Just got caught up on all the posts I've missed since I last came here! Whew! I need to check in more often as it took me quite a while to catch up!

Susan, sorry about the loss of Bear. ????

Maggie, sounds like you're enjoying your summer vacation time.

Michele, , glad your DD wasn't injured. I've been rear ended a couple of times I've the years and it always scared the crap out of me.

Honeybear oh dear I don't envy your DH and his wisdom teeth! ????

Mpfand, swimming is great exercise, I always feel like I've used different muscles after I swim than I do walking or riding my bike.

Amyjo, good to hear that Clementine survived her tumble off the couch. Also, Missy, you have turned into quite the enabler! ????

Who is SEMO? I am tempted to go order from OPT with all this talk of Maggie's blends ( [smilie=th_wave] Maggie) . Speaking of fall scents, my last SGA order had 3 chunk bags in fall scents! Let me see, there was Apple Baking Contest, Bonfire and Fall Lane. I really do melt quite a bit more in the fall than the summer. I just like the fall scents the most.

DS#1 and I had a wonderful trip up to Marquette! He definitely made the right college choice! In case you didn't know, Marquette is in the upper peninsula of Michigan right on Lake Superior. It is walking distance to the lake. Of course several times during orientation, there were reminders to respect the water( Lake Superior is very deep, very cold and can be dangerous). There are tons of hiking and biking trails, cross country ski trails, scenic walks, etc. Never a shortage of things to do besides the obvious studying. I am so happy for him starting this new adventure. [smilie=th_tigger] I am also glad I got to experience the orientation and I thought even though it was a long 3 days, it was completely worth it to be submerged in all things NMU without distractions. He's so excited!

Okay here's the melts for today....

Upstairs FP Lavender... it's the herbal version... love

Downstairs CFTKR Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies Waffle Cone.. Yummers

I think DS#2 and I are going to go to the outlet mall about an hour and a half away. They have an Adidas and Nike store so he can check out some shoes and clothes since he's growing taller on the daily. He's 5'11" now and has passed even DH who is 5'10". I'm the shortest at 5'7". ????

Enough rambling....

Good morning all on a steamy July Saturday! [smilie=th_Hello_] thank you all for your kind words about Clementine! Gracefulness is not her long suit but she seems happy and healthy.

Honeybear, I'm sorry that your DH needs his wisdom teeth out, ugh! No fun at all! [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Maggie, I envy you the beach outings, really I do!! [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Debra, I managed to stay away from that Rockets restock. Some tempting melts there! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Susan, I love Grungetta! CFOW has such amazing blends, doesn't she?

Michele - where are youuuuuuu - hope you are doing well and enjoying the Shore! I hope your daughter is doing ok after the car wreck.

Aria! [smilie=th_wave] Good to see you. Your trip to Marquette with your DS sounds fabulous and I'm so glad he's happy about going there. Sounds like lots to do and enjoy.

To answer your question - SEMO is a vendor I spotted on Instagram, from Missouri, and she has absolutely lovely melts, beautifully packaged, everything smelling amazing, and nice small quantities very reasonably priced, like four tulips neatly arranged in a small bag for $2-3. You don't end up with huge quantities of everything, and they are pretty shapes! Beautiful packing of her box and nothing is smudged on arrival - very meticulous.

Regarding OPT - As for Maggie's melts, your life will not be complete without Peace in the Grass in whatever shape OPT currently is making. Just go ahead and do it. Otherwise you will regret it for the rest of your days.

So today is a Scented Squirrel Day! (and her restock is July 29, in case you had forgotten)

Scented Squirrel Mint Cubed - Peppermint Fluff, Peppermint Swizzle Sticks and Crème de Menthe - gorgeous! Throwing clear across the living room. Made me burst into tears because this was my mother's favorite scent and flavor (crème de menthe).

Scented Squirrel Denmark Delights - lemon curd and cookies - oh. Must find a way to eat this, LOL.

Which brings me to (thank you Aria for the prompt!):

Late Breaking News from The Enabling Department: [smilie=th_ef3416a0]

CFOW has a weekend sale - all chunk bags 25% off - no code needed. Looks like they are already marked down. She has many lovely new blends of chunks.

[smilie=th_cc24]

Hello!

I’m back to the beach for the weekend. Seems like it’s the only place I get to relax. I only was able to melt once last week. I was so busy and never home.

Melting today from the CFOW SSA Sampler-SSA Pink Sugar and Marshmallow Fluff. Lovely scent.

Honeybear-Sorry your DH needs his wisdom teeth pulled.

Aria-it looks like your son will be happy at Marquette.

Susan-Sorry about Bear.

Maggie-Glad I was able to finally order the wreath. I have been eyeing it for awhile. It’s going to look perfect in my bathroom here. It’s gorgeous!! So excited to get it. You are really talented.

My DD’s car damage looked like nothing too substantial but the bill is going to be over $8,000. Glad it’s all covered by the guy that hit her.

AmyJo-I’m contemplating placing an order from CFOW. I want to order this week from the VCS restock.

Enjoy the day everyone!

Greetings All and thanks about the beach. I am so grateful for the lovely weather we've been having lately...I am sure it won't last since this is NJ...but I'll take it while it's here!! :sHa_thumbgoodjob:

Thank you so much Michele! ????I really hope you like it! I'm so glad your DD is ok and that BIG bill isn't yours!

Aria... [smilie=th_yahoo] Yay! I'm glad your DS had a nice time at NMU!! It is such a relief when you visit and they know it's the right fit!! Good luck to him!! When is his first day?

Honeybear....OH NO!!! It's rare to have to get them out later in life...I thought the twins were kinda old. I thought they should have had them out before their braces but [smilie=th_idontknow] I'm sure the dentist knows. Good luck to your hubby and hope it's not too bad.

AmyJo...you're killin" me,... :sFun_ahohno: 25% off is tough to ignore!!

I've been melting BEAutiful by VRC

And upstairs it's still SGA Gilligans Island

Have a nice night.

Happy weekend! I got a lot of cleaning done today so maybe tomorrow can be a play day! [smilie=th_rk01_lavatricefare]

I think I will make a big ol' container of cold brew coffee tomorrow. [smilie=th_sign0162] The problem is then trying to get it to fit in the refrigerator. It is hard to make a small batch!

Tonight it is Melted Confections, A Diamond Affair - some coconut and marshmallow , I believe.

Good morning ladies!

I hope everybody is well and can get some relaxing time today.

Michele! Good to see you and I'm glad your DD is doing well. Sounds like you had a hectic week [smilie=th_insane] so I'm glad you're back at the beach.

Maggie, how did you like that BEAutiful loaf from VRC - mine is gone - [smilie=th_cray] - those loaves of the month are a constant temptation!

Debra, I love cold brewed coffee and that sounds like a great addition to a relaxing Sunday. [smilie=th_happy096]

Michele and Maggie - did you order from CFOW? I am still dithering...she doesn't have Groot filled yet and that's what I'm waiting for...

Well, if the scents coming through this door get any better, I am just going to crash down senseless - some real pearls lately:

Last night - finishing off the Scented Squirrel day - was Chakra (amber, sandalwood, vanilla, and bamboo) - just fabulous! I love bamboo scent and this blend is perfect. Will.Order.Again.

Today is The Bathing Garden - my new thing is to celebrate one vendor each day. I actually did cut into these lovely little seashell shapes, painful though that was, because they smelled so good cold - and melted, there are not enough good words:

TBG Seashells on the Seashore (lemon zest, lemonade, whipped cream) - the best lemon scent I have experienced so far. So authentic, sharp, invigorating. Glorious!

TBG Message in a Bottle (mandarin orange, mango, Tonka bean, vanilla, coconut) - again the blend is gorgeous with all the notes cooperating. Dreamy and not overly sweet.

And of course each one has its own lovely, unique drawing on the label - a fish, a beach scene - I will follow this vendor anywhere. [smilie=th_cc15]

Enjoy your Sunday!

Hello!

I’m on the fence about CFOW. I still haven’t opened half of the chunk bags I ordered last time. I want to order from VCS Thursday.

AmyJo-I have never tried The Bathing Garden. I did place an order this week for the 3 Halloween Samplers. Everything on their site looked wonderful and I am sure I will be ordering again. I have run out of room.

I am melting VRC That Thing You Do which smells wonderful! Thank you CF friend!! The enabling here continues. This is another vendor I will need to order from soon.

Susan-I have a Mystery Box from CFOW and loved it!!

Well, we are sitting at about 100 degrees. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon My poor plants do not like this at all. they have requested multiple waterings.

AmyJo - I have several of the gorgeous TBG tarts. The scent descriptions are always interesting, and I love the way they are decorated. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Tonight it is FP - Red Hot Apple Pie.

Hello All and Happy Monday.

Debra..."requested multiple waterings"? :sHa_sarcasticlol: Love it. We love the cold brew as well...and I know what you mean...my container is humongous but it goes fast!

Just bought a French Press and this morning I made a small pot...tastes great but doesn't stay hot long. Trying to get away from using the keurig since there's so much unrecyclable garbage. :(

AmyJo...I ended up loving that VRC loaf! Once cured, it had a nice strong scent. I do like her loaf blends and can't wait for that new one to cure! I did not place a CFOW order and although I love her stuff, I'm glad I didn't. I really gotta stop. Really.

Yesterday it was...

CFOW SSA Pink Sugar Marshmallow Fluff

VCS Queen Anne's Lace from a sweet CF pal...thanks! ????

Today is BHG Sugared Melon Kiwi...Love this.

Have a great day.

Good morning everyone!

It has finally cooled down a bit here in Ohio, for which we are very grateful. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr The big event yesterday was I put on some music and deep cleaned the baseboards and lower parts of the walls. With the pets, these areas suffer a bit. Just amazing how clean and fresh everything looks now so I am enjoying it. [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Susan (and Michele), isn't that CFOW sample box the best? She just stuffs it full of so many samples, and her samples are generously sized. Really a wonderful value, so many scents to enjoy. :toppoints:

Michele, I hope you will enjoy The Bathing Garden samplers.

Debra, that's awfully warm :sFun_hot: and I am sending hugs to your thirsty plants.

I have finished most of a hideous report I've been working on so things feel a little more relaxed on the work front. :sFun_mango: Travel is light right now and I'm very good with that!

Last night and this morning I have been enjoying gifties from lovely CF pals, thank you!! [smilie=th_a194]

Mango Peach Salsa - where are the chips?? This is so delicious!

Violet Leaf & Sweet Grass - very comforting, a lovely blend.

Supertarts Yoda - oh, a luscious melon blend, fabulous!

CFTKR Cappuccino Brulee - perfect for waking up, so smooth.

Thank you ladies!! [smilie=th_bomb]

Have a great day, all.

Hi All!

Melting SGA Cookie Monster Goes to the Beach. Love this and all things Cookie Monster.

AmyJo-I loved the CFOW sampler box. It will take me awhile to get through it all. I want the Mysyery Box from VCS. Has anyone ordered that one?

I’m anxious to try those samplers from TBG.

Have a great day everyone!

Hi Michele! Yes, my first order with VCS was for the Mystery Box and I loved it. They send such an assortment of different scents and shapes - a small loaf, big roses, smaller flowers, their signature coins - some current scents and some from earlier restocks. It gave me a good idea of the variety of their offerings and there was a lot of wax there. Very pleased with that sampler!

AmyJo

Debra, that's hot for your area! ???? We are 106 with 45% humidity; high for us. ????

Melting Pink Sands from YC.

Good morning all,

I hope everyone is well. A busy work day so this will be quick. [smilie=th_sSig_what]

Still going this morning after smelling gorgeous all evening and night is SGA Beach Nights Strawberry Whip Cream, from the Beach Nights Sampler. It finishes with a sort of baby powder scent that lasts a long time, very lovely.

Edited to add: I changed out the melters to VCS A Royal Wedding (sponge cake, apricot jam, vanilla, almond) and WOW, just WOW, what a difference a good cure makes. This has been waiting for about 2.5 months and within minutes it filled the house, just gorgeous. Wasn't it Debra who said to give VCS a good cure? - you were exactly right. [smilie=th_200912104451]

Have a great day all! :thwetkissf:

Morn ladies. Melting today: Avobath by Rosegirls

Boardwalk Bliss by Hayden rowe: Fizzy pop, cotton candy, salt water taffy, and fruit candy.