The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

The Merry Smelly Month Of May

Good morning ladies! [smilie=th_hello]

Home again with no trips planned, can you believe it...this was a long busy spell. Now I can catch up on all the stuff I didn't do while traveling... [smilie=th_fear8]

Susan, Maggie, Debra, thanks for the input on Bento. Those are adorable little melts. Sounds like you all liked them...so I've got them on the list for the fall.

Maggie, it sounds pretty lively at your house - I love that the laundry room is in high demand. [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] Enjoy, enjoy!

Well last night I had another falling-in-love moment with a new scent...I wanted something lavender for bedtime and cut a piece of Grandma's Pearls from VCS. Ohhhhh....this is glorious...I did my best to stay awake as long as possible just to enjoy it, and when I woke up at my halftime, I added more to the melter....Beautiful. It's all marshmallowy and vanilly with the lavender - perfect. I have only a little bit left...she has it on her website in bar form...ohhhhhh what to do.... [smilie=th_insane]

So this morning it's:

CFOW Angel Love (green grass, jasmine, patchouli - groovy and lovely)

Zeep's Miss Bell's Berry Sweet Tea (thanks Debra for reminding me that I had this curing - I love it! Can really smell the tea)

VCS Blueberry Delights - scrumptious, bright, lovely throw

YC Black Cherry new melts from Wally World - strong, beautiful scent

Zeep Autumn Walk Scoopable Wax - I adore this and pulled it out on a whim - strong and lasting - leaves, apple, spices, glorious.

Dedicated to melting with intent before ordering anything!! except maybe more VCS Grandma's Pearls.... [smilie=th_aa17]

Halfway there, it's Wednesday! Enjoy!

AmyJo

Hi girls :sSig_sup:

Maggie ~ I'm sure all will settle down in a short time. I don't do well when things are out of order in my house either. [smilie=th_hmph]

And that Third Eye scent by Alamo Candelaria has me curious...

AmyJo ~ I am not familiar with any of those vendors other than getting a Bento melt from a sweet CF friend a while back. [smilie=thank_you] I remember liking it! [smilie=yes]

UTC Deep Fried Apples Biscotti Pie Crust

LSC The Great Pumpkin

LSC Sanguine Embers

DD#2 is having a wonderful time in France and already said she wants to live there. [smilie=th_sad2hz1]

Honeybear - [smilie=th_smiley_aaeq] Just say no! LOL! Or, try to! It is good that she is having a good time, however!

Good luck, AmyJo - I hope you can be strong! (Anyone know when the next VCS restock is?) ;)

Tonight it is Zeep's Sweetheart from a Candlebuddy! Wow, is this strong, I only used a small chunk, too! [smilie=th_1_bigone110] Nice scent, I am going to have to watch for it to come back. Thank you!

Hello and good evening to all...almost 12 midnight here and a quick post before bed...

It's Queen of England by Scarlet Raine...I realized I'm not into tea scents. It's not bad at all but just not for me. I'll keep it for the night.

Honeybear...Third Eye was very earthy and lovely. It was exactly three years old this month but smelled strong and good. I think those earthy scents stand the test of time.

AmyJo...I love the Grandmas Persls scent by VCS!!!! It's a good one!!!

Goodnight!

Good morning ladies,

Lovely to be home, so lovely to be home. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Honeybear, yes it's tough when the young ones want to fly the nest to such a distant place...but I love France and I'm right there with your daughter, so not much help. The twinkly nights! The calmer pace! The coffee! She will come back...she will always come back. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Debra, I like that Zeep Sweetheart scent and have it in the lotion form.

Maggie, is the household calming down at all?? [smilie=th_ahaaha]

Susan, those OPT scents always sound scrumptious.

So I am actually making a dent in my stash. [smilie=th_thank_you] Now that I'm home...I'm a melting fool. Happily DH enjoys this and wants to know what everything is.

That said, there are some very tempting restocks coming up:

VCS - Friday May 18 at 9 AM CST, gorgeous stuff inspired by the Royal Wedding, including the Cream Cheese sampler which I am trying very hard not to think about;

Zeep - Saturday May 19 at 3 PM CST, lots of new waxies AND many scoopable waxes - I love her scoopable waxes -

SGA - Saturday May 19 at 10 AM CST - very, very tough to avoid - maybe Saturday I will need to leave my phone at home and go for a long walk in the woods....

Yesterday my second-to-last order arrived :upssmiley1: from FP and I picked it up at the post office. Two bags of 12 grubbies each plus some individual tarts to try out. They are all lovely. Because I am impatient, I cut a Mac Apple grubby in half and put it in two different melters - how does Angie do it?? No curing at all and 12 hours later it is still strong and glorious. Beautiful scent. I must say I'm always impressed with this vendor.

So this morning it's:

FP Mac Apple - strong, fresh, delightful after 12 hours

Zeep Luke's Diner - how much do I love this?? My most favorite coffee scent. Cured for about a month and a half, strong, lovely, the apple coming through at last. 10 hours and beautiful throw.

CFOW Fresh Bamboo - another favorite, a Moon Cake, great grassy scent, perfect sweetness, great throw.

BH&G No Place Like Home - spicey, homey, lovely

BH&G Orange Buttercream Cookies - orangey goodness.

Overnight in the bedroom it was:

CFOW Warm Vanilla Sugar Lavender in the sweet little hearts - so beautiful and I slept like a baby.

Have a great day all,

AmyJo

Popping in for a sec while getting ready for my older brother's visit this afternoon. He's in town on business and I haven't seen him since 2015 when my mom was so ill. Just remembered I have yet to make brownies to go with the Tillamook Coffee Fudge Ice Cream! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

ST Mouse Ears

Melting GC Strawberry Lemonade

Have a great day, all! :)

Hello All...

Honeybear...enjoy the visit with your brother!

AmyJo....just a bit....but not calm yet. I'm still a bit overwhelmed....I'm sure things will fall into place soon. Those sale posts you made are making me itch....the SGA one particularly. I just can't have enough of her Wax!

Tonight it's

Beach Spa by Southbound....I completely forgot this existed and it's a SSA blend!

And upstairs was White Sage by Copper & Kraft and now it's SGA Peppermint Meringue Spiced Cranberry Pine Whipped Cream

Goodnight

Ruh Roh, AmyJo...Danger! Danger! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon Unfortunately, I think part of the fun of this hobby is the shopping!

(Oh - we have the Tillamook visitors center out here! Yum-mo! Hard to say if the ice cream or cheese is better! Best to just get both... [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] )

Tonight it is a chunk blend from Cheryl's - Lily/spearmint/seashore

Hello everybody

Drinking some coffee and enjoying FP Blue Cow Cotton Candy. Ozzy is snoring loudly and I just watched a bunny hop through our yard.

RG pre-order from April arrived yesterday. Loving everything I ordered. Berry Lovely Birthday Cake is a favorite.

HS spring band concert last night was out of this world! I must say we have a very talented bunch of musicians here! Love seeing DS in his tux... such a change from his usual teen attire!

Heading out in a few to run errands... getting DS ice skates sharpened, groceries, and picking up some annuals for my pots.

Have a nice Friday.

Hello ladies and [smilie=th_bb20]

Happy birthday Debra!! [smilie=th_8d1933ff] Enjoy your day!!

Just a quick note (yes I know...not my forte :sFun_blahblah: ) Are you all going to watch the Royal Wedding tomorrow? I'm already primping for the occasion. [smilie=th_thfoenen]

Honeybear - I'm so happy you'll get to spend some time with your brother! [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Maggie - I'm glad the house is coming into some sort of order again. Lovely that you found that Southbound (I don't know this vendor, must check it out) beach blend! And that SSA peppermint/cranberry/pine blend sounds soooooo delicious...but of course, it's SGA! It will be so tough to avoid that restock tomorrow...

Debra, you are cracking me up with your danger warnings [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] and I am going to have a tough time with these restocks...You're right, the shopping is half the fun...I like to have a fairly steady stream of packages coming...but this is how I became overrun in a very short time.... [smilie=th_cha40]

Last night at bedtime it was Lily of the Valley from a sweet CF friend - so beautiful - and reminded me of my mother's favorite flower. Thank you!! [smilie=th_happy096]

So this morning it's a bakery theme:

Zeep Twinkie Pops (very light throw, not much scent here)

Zeep Not Your Mama's Waffles (I love this but maybe it has faded, was better a couple of months ago)

VCS You'll Never Walk Alone (snickerdoodle) - (lovely but light throw)

VCS Cookie Monster - (beautiful! throwing well, delicious, best of this grouping)

SGA The Great EsCake - (very nice cake scent and throwing well)

I think the cake scents are just lighter in general - is this everyone else's experience? [smilie=th_235F35F32]

Now that the a/c is on all the time, the air currents are all different in the house and I'm confused...suddenly there is a burst of scent in places I don't expect...other places, nothing. [smilie=th_pardon]

Enjoy your day everyone,

AmyJo

Good Morning!

Lots to catch up on here. We just got home last night and I have been up for awhile with the time change. We had a wonderful vacation but I am glad to be home. Melting SGA Fresh Baked Bread and Lattes. I missed my melting so much.

Happy Birthday Debra!

Mpfand-Hope you are enjoying Napa. We went 3 years ago and a fantastic time. I always overpack. I should learn but I do not.

AmyJo-You are killing me with these restocks Of course I’m looking. What does VCS stand for ?

Maggie- I know what you mean. Pure chaos when they get home from college. Things everywhere. I always wondered where I was going to store everything for the summer. Look the other way. Ordered will be restored soon.

Honeybear-Enjoy the visit with your brother. Glad your DD was safe. That’s scary!

I do agree that one of the fun parts of this “hobby” is the shopping and the packages. While I was away my SGA Beach Nights Sampler arrived. It smells wonderful! I can’t wait to melt.

Hope I can stick to the wax ban but I’m tempted already.

Next question is stupid but I was wondering if everyone had addresses listed somewhere here. I have looked a few times but never find. I always use my iPad mini and I think some things don’t show here. I can’t see avatars and even emojis unless I’m doing something wrong. I’m computer illiterate according to my kids.

Going to take my dad to lunch later. He’s doing well. I. Happy about that.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!! Going to check out those vendors in a little while. Why am I excited about this??

Hi Michele! [smilie=th_Hello_] Glad to enable! VCS is Vintage Chic Scents. She is on FB and Instagram, also her own webpage. The restock is today at 9 Central Time. She has such beautiful shapes all in glorious flowers plus incredibly lovely scents. She has a lot of samplers going in the spirit of the Royal Wedding. Happy shopping!

AmyJo

Happy birthday, Debra! [smilie=th_blij40] Hope it's a great one! [smilie=th_ahaaha]

Michele, glad you had a good time and I'm happy to hear your dad is doing well. :)

Honeybear, glad you were able to spendsome time with your brother. [smilie=kewl]

We had a really nice time in Napa. It's beautiful there this time of year.

Melting Rainbow Shaved Ice from ScentSationals. DH picked this out at Wal-Mart and it's a winner! [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy]

Good afternoon, everyone! th_76d65c2f.gif

th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7ddd90b43762af4c.gif, Debra!

Honeybear, I'm glad you get time with your brother right now. th_shewiggle.gif

Mpfand, Napa sounds beautiful! th_slider_hi5.gif

Candlelove, glad to hear you're dad is doing better! th_i-m_so_happy.gif

Today I'm melting TC in Strawberry/Watermelon/ White Cake. th_slider_flirt.gif

[smilie=th_sHellobar]

[smilie=th_1819] Debra! Hope you have a beautiful day!

Welcome back home, Michele and Mpfand! It's always good to get home, isn't it?

Glad to hear your dad is doing well, Michele.

Had a nice visit with my brother. Just way too short! :(

UTC Strawberry Noel Pie Crust

ST Fake-N-Bake

Waxincredibles Black Cherry Merlot

Hope everyone is having a good week. :)

Ok AmyJo-wax ban TEMPORARILY broken. This is it I swear. Your post this morning was too good to pass up.

Placed an order with VCS for the Cream Cheese Sampler and with CFOW for chunk bag of Carnival by the Sea and SSA Sampler. No SGA restock for me. I’m set for the summer. Going to try to really use up lots of wax this summer.

Haha! Michele - I hope you can stick to those goals better than I do! [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

Thank you, everyone, for the Birthday wishes! I have had a great day! [smilie=th_76d65c2f] I arrived at work and my entire office was decorated in a cat theme.

Cookie! Are you being naughty again?! [smilie=th_c032] Of course, I will have to go look...

Tonight it is SGA - Ginger Appletini

Good morning everyone and I hope you have been enjoying the Royal Wedding!! [smilie=th_LOVE]

Mpfand, I hope you enjoyed Napa! Michele, how was Tuscany? *details please ladies!*

Honeybear, I'm so glad you had a joyful visit with your brother! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Michele - I'm so glad your dad is doing better. And I love your wax choices - [smilie=th_allah] all my favorites!! Bans must be broken once in awhile, yes! Enjoy, enjoy!!

Susan, thanks for the heads up on Hayden Rowe! - will *have to* check it out. [smilie=th_bomb]

Biolaeagles - that Strawberry /Watermelon/White Cake blend sounds tempting.... [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Debra, glad you had a lovely birthday!

Well, I too have broken my wax ban! Wait until you hear what my dear husband did - yesterday he said, it's a shame about the hot weather and the melting risk in the mailbox - why don't you get a POST OFFICE BOX for the summer? [smilie=th_0b464f69745090d9d8a0f Such a dear! So that's what we did - this is a small country post office and the cost is nominal. So he is my sweet enabler!!

So - after much dithering, I did order the Royal Wedding Sampler from VCS - ten large roses in various delicious scents - plus three bars of Grandma's Pearls.

Following Maggie's advice, today I will try to limit myself to the Beach Nights Sampler from SGA. And I will wait on Zeep because the last order is just ready to melt and I have plenty!

Melting today:

FP 14 Karrot Cake (3 melters)

FP Momma's Blueberry Cobbler (3 melters)

Have a great day!!

AmyJo

Good Morning!

We are headed upstate for a wedding today so no melting this weekend. I am missing it so much.

AmyJo-That was so sweet of your husband and a great idea. I tried to order Grandma’s Pearls too. When I searched it said couldn’t be found. I didn’t see bars on the website.

The Royal Wedding Sampler looked great too.

Tuscany was just wonderful. It is so beautiful there. We visited many wineries there and had lunch of all cheeses, Italian meats and hommade pastas.

We had a cooking class which was fabulous and 2 private tours where we visited more wineries and small towns. We stayed in a Tuscan villa which was beautiful. I would love to go back. Our tour guides were so knowledgeable and showed us all around. We also visited Cinque Terre which is somewhat like the Almafi Coast of Italy. Glad to be home though.

DH goes back to OH on Sunday but will be back Friday. Then we are headed to the beach house for MDW. Can’t believe summer is almost here.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Michele, on the VCS drop down menu icon at the top left of the screen, choose "Bars and Squares." Then scroll down until you find Grandma's Pearls. I had to hunt also and the search function is not..perfect. ????

Quickie post

Melting FP Wildberry Mousse ZB... a favorite

No orders from restocks for me... have enough summer scents considering I melt way less in the summer. Also, no interest in wedding and don't get the hype. [smilie=th_u53] I suppose that makes me a real B. [smilie=th_sign0164]

Amyjo, regarding AC and melting; for me AC really cuts down on scent throw in our house. I have no clue why. Not much help, sorry.

Debra, I'm sorry I missed wishing you a Happy Birthday ????