The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

The Merry Smelly Month Of May

Good morning all!

Thanks Maggie for the birthday wishes. DH surprised me with a beautiful cake from our favorite bakery (who made our wedding cake) and a new case for my guitar. [smilie=th_LOVE] It's the big 6-0 which I think makes me somewhat ancient.

Susan - that sounds like a fabulous mystery box! [smilie=th_200912104451]

Maggie - that CFOW SSA Fire Roasted Marshmallow is so beautiful.

Honeybear - thinking about you as your DD heads off to Europe. [smilie=th_cuddle-1]

The VCS sampler has cured for a month and I'm starting to melt the waxies. I'm really pleased with this vendor. Bright, strong, cheery scents with lots of throw. Her shapes are so lovely that it's hard to melt them...but I'm managing.

Debra - [smilie=th_107] I did not hear the words SGA restock, it was just my imagination.

So this morning it's:

FP Pistachio Pudding Cake - good enough to eat.

VCS Gone With the Wind - magnolia, coconut, sandalwood - gorgeous

CFOW White Nectarine - gently sweet, filling its room

VCS GG's Curse - green grass, citrus - smells like spring!

Zeep Laundry Day in Marseilles - always a clean fresh wakeup.

Have a lovely Saturday all,

AmyJo

Good Morning! [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Whelp, one of my chickadees is home...the other is driving home today. It is no easy task packing up the college dorms. How do they accumulate that much stuff?? It's exhausting.

AmyJo...I'm glad you had a nice birthday. [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy] for the guitar case and yummy cake!! Good going DH! ;) One issue that I've noticed with VCS is some scents don't "seem" to keep their strength over time, so use them up! I have SO MANY and I fear they're just loosing scent every day. :(

Debra....did you say SGA restock? Tell me more....please.... [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

This morning it's Ramble On Wax in Forever Tonight...so delicious. [smilie=th_00000020]

Have a good one. :)

Morn ladies. Melting today: The queen of hearts by OPT

Lemon Rose Cake by OPT

Unicorn Farts by OPT fruity blend lol

Happy Birthday Amyjo, glad it was a good one [smilie=th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7d

Honeybear, so sorry to hear about your little Zoe

Amyjo, [smilie=th_1084]

Melting SGA Fantasy Island

Wishing all the moms a Happy Mother's Day tomorrow

Good morning, everyone! th_oregonian_mornincoffee.gifAnyone have fun Mother's Day plans this weekend?

AmyJo, th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7ddd90b43762af4c.gif! Did you do anything fun?

Today I'm melting Cookies & Milk from SB from a dear friend. th_LOVE.gif

Maggie and AmyJo - I do believe we have a SGA restock in our future...May 19th, 10 am Central time...last I heard!

AmyJo, I am so glad you had a fun Bday! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Here is a silly one - I smelled something sweet and toasty and quicky went to the oven to see what I had forgotten - sheesh, it was Cheryl's Country Sweet Muffins in the melter. :huh:

Honeybear, I'm really sorry to hear about Zoe. :(

AmyJo, happy belated birthday! Glad it was a good one. :)

Debra, that's funny! [smilie=th_giggle]

Melting Peach Cobbler from Fox Willow.

Good morning ladies and HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! [smilie=th_LOVE]

Thanks everybody for the birthday wishes. Turning over another decade was pretty good.

Biolaeagles, it was a normal traveling work day but DH surprised me big time when I walked in at midnight, white cake with red roses and "Happy Birthday My Love" so that made my day. [smilie=th_Kusje-1]

Debra, I loved that you thought you were baking something tasty [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] but it was the wax! And [smilie=th_LaLaLa] on that SGA restock, my brain is forbidden to process that information...did you say the 19th?

mpfand, that Peach Cobbler sounds tempting...Fox Willow? I don't know that vendor...I'm on a new vendor ban too...

Maggie, I'm so glad your chickadees are returning to the nest this weekend - is there anything better?? [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

So this morning it's kind of a berry/fruity day:

FP Berry Banana Giant Macaron (deeeee-lish)

SGA Cider Lane Mac Apple Whipped Cream (beautiful and the whipped cream softens the always-strong Mac Apple - that must be a potent oil - lovely)

CFOW Violet Lime - perfect mixture of the two

VCS Here Comes the Sun - Orange Sherbet - good enough to eat and cheerful

Zeep Beach Towels (one of my favorites, lemongrass & laundry)

AND

From a dear CF friend - Pink Berry & Tonka Bean - ohhhh this smells so good, I may just stay by that melter all day! Thank you!

Hug your kids, everyone! Enjoy!

AmyJo

Good Morning!

Debra...funny! :sSig_heeheehee:

AmyJo...I ALREADY blew my ban....ordered a few clams from Southbound...they had so many SSA blends.... [smilie=th_ee29]

Well...today it's Blueberry Buttercream Drizzle by SMT

Blucchini Mallow Madness by OPT (Didn't even know I had this!)

And upstairs it's Blowin in the Breeze by CFOW.... :sFun_ahohno:

Have a great day.

LOLOL Maggie how could anyone resist SSA blends...it will be tough for me to resist the SGA restock. Hope that Blowin'in the Breeze is doing a good job for you...????

Good morn ladies. Melting: Paradise Garden by CFOW: Hibiscus, tropical fruits and musk. Wonderful

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms.

Happy Mother’s Day all!!

AmyJo-Happy Belated Birthday !! I’m one year older than you.

I’m having a wonderful vacation. This will be the first SGA restock I’m sitting out in a awhile. I really need no more wax-especially SGA. The 12 chunk bags I couldn’t fit in my cabinet were because it was totally filled with other SGA chunk bags. Trying to be on a wax ban.

Honeybear-I’m sorry about Zoe. Sending you hugs.

Maggie-Glad everyone is coming home for the summer. I used to love that.

Enjoy the day everyone!

Maggie, those bans just don't stick. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon I am not sure why! But on a positive note I was able to get my Miss Belle's Sweet Berry Tea from Zeep!!! [smilie=th_slider_flirt] I seem to miss that one, but when I saw it this weekend, bye-bye ban!

I melted a really unusual one today that I am loving - FP: Apple and Pear Biolage Shampoo.

Welp...back to work in the morning... [smilie=th_offtobed]

Good morning everyone!

I hope all the moms had a beautiful Mother's Day!

Thanks ladies for even more birthday wishes, I'm very grateful. ????

Michele, I'm so glad you're enjoying your vacation! Also it's nice to hear we're so close in age. "When the moooon...is in the seventh house...."

Debra, glad you got Zeep's Sweet Tea - I have that curing at home and haven't tried it yet. Hearing you like it so much makes me want to rush the curing stage.

I still have two orders out there that haven't shipped yet and it's so hot and humid all at once. So I stopped my mail and will be picking it up at the post office. That watery little sample last week startled me.

Well once again on the road and I have brought about 10 little pouches of various wax with me.

Last night it was

SGA Mulberry - fruity, delicious

And this morning it's

SGA Serene Rainforest loaf - eucalyptus, lavender and other soothing scents - second time I've tried it and I'm really liking this one. Nice way to start the day.

Have a great start to the week everyone,

AmyJo

Hello girls :)

Thanks for all of the condolences for Zoe. It's been a whirlwind of activity with a new (used) car for DH and getting DD#2 off to France, on top of losing our fur baby. I hardly feel I've had the time to really grieve yet. And then yesterday we had a scare with DD#2's over three times the normal trip from the airport to her hotel...with no contact. DH and I were in a panic, and DH never worries. I think I can safely say I've never been more frightened in my life...ever. Somehow I've got to get a handle on this, or this will be me end of June. [smilie=th_a136] After DD#2 gets back end of May, DD#1 heads out for her European adventure.

AmyJo ~ [smilie=th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7d late! Your cake sounds scrumptious [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] , and how sweet of DH. :wub:

Maggie ~ Yay for the girls coming home for the summer! [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Michele ~ Tuscany must be gorgeous this time of year. Enjoy!

I used the CFOW free shipping code twice yesterday to soothe myself. [smilie=th_oops_]

CFOW Carnival By The Sea ~ from a sweet CF friend...Thank you! [smilie=The_Hi]

Love this so much I ordered a whole bag! [smilie=th_c61]

LSC State Fair Sundae

LSC Jack-O-Lantern Cookies

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day. :wub:

Honeybear, that would have been terrifying....glad all is well.

DH and I are driving to Napa Valley tomorrow morning for a little belated anniversary trip. Can't decide what to wear....I always drive myself nuts over thinking my clothing. [smilie=th_fear8] Does anyone else do that?

I finally sliced into my large pie slice from Zeep. I think the scent is called Party Doll. Smells nice, but for whatever reason Zeep just doesn't throw well or last long for me. [smilie=th_scratch] I love her scent blends, though.

Hello All. Only have a few minutes to post and get some sleep. Busy, busy, busy.

Mpfand...it's funny how everyone has their own experiences with different vendors. I've had that issue with some of Zeeps milder scents like Twinkie pops but not with others. Ya just never know. [smilie=th_confused3]

Honeybear...that's so scary!! :( Glad she is ok!

AmyJo...yes...it worked and now the coast is clear. ;)

I received two boxes today. My SGA Beach Sampler and my customs from OPT....didn't even know it was shipped...a great surprise! :upssmiley1:

Today it's...

Fiona

Blue Moon Ice Cream

Marge Simpson

All CFOW samples...great.

Goodnight

Good morning ladies,

Heading home today. ????????????. Power outage last night in the hotel due to thunderstorms so I couldn't melt for awhile. ????

Honeybear, so terrifying when you're waiting to hear from kids in another country... I'm so glad your DD is safe and sound!! And as for CFOW Carnival by the Sea... Let me join you in placing standing orders for that. My most favorite scent of all. ????

Mpfand - enjoy Napa Valley! And I've had some quiet Zeep scents too...Hard to figure...for me sometimes this has been solved by a longer curing, as in 2-3 months. Some of the scents I've ordered have been extremely strong and beautiful right out of the gate, though, as in Beach Towels or Mac Apple. ???? *I don't know*

Maggie, ooh, ooh! The SGA Beach Sampler - details please, that sounds heavenly.

So last night after the power outage I melted a glorious scent:

FP Cabin in the Smokies - oh, there are no words for the combination of spice and smokiness and wood. Just beautiful and I have (last month) ordered a 12-pack of grubby tarts of this.

This morning it's:

VCS Tally Me Banana - maybe this needs to cure longer - I want to love it, it's nice cold - but after an hour no throw at all. ???? The other melts from that sampler have been fabulous.

Holding strong on the wax ban. We shall see what happens with the SGA restock...????

Have a fine day all,

AmyJo

Hello everyone. Melting today: Lemongrass by Dessa's

The Diary of Ellen by L-3: white nectarine, pink coral, red currants, orange, rose jam, tea & cake.

Good morning.

Mpfand ~ Have fun in Napa Valley! [smilie=th_december2201661-1]

AmyJo ~ Bummer on the power outage. I always bring tealights, votives, and a small jar candle with me when I travel, not so much in anticipation of an outage, but more because I like to scent different parts of the hotel room. [smilie=th_c032]

Maggie ~ Jealous of your Beach Sampler. How did I miss that! [smilie=th_c54]

LSC Blueberry Pumpkin Bars

Homemade Lime Cooler

Folks a question for you. Not that I am going to BUY anything, you understand... But wondering if you recommend or not the following vendors:

The Gypsy Monroe Wax Co

Bento Wax Co

Country Side Chunks

Just browsing...????. Thanks!

By the way VCS has an absolutely gorgeous restock for Friday morning... But I already have a full basket of VCS.... Must be strong...????

AmyJo

Amyjo, I have ordered from Bento wax, once I got her valentine sampler. I have only melted 2 of the scents and I would say they were very nice. I cut the rolls in half, somebody on facebook suggested that. The other two I don't know anything about.

Hello All! :)

It has been crazy hectic around here with a full house...can't get into the laundry room, boxes in every room...argh....my OCD is kicking into high gear! [smilie=th_th1ptgno] I'm trying to ignore....ignore.....

In any event....

Mpfand...enjoy your time in Napa! Exciting!

Honeybear...I ordered from her Etsy site...when we were recently talking about our fav vendors I thought about SGA and when I first ordered many moons ago...which got me thinking about her Etsy site....so I went to see if it was still there and sure enough...it is! [smilie=th_00000020]

AmyJo...I'm the same as Susan...I've ordered from Bento...loved it. But I've never heard of the other two. Gonna go check them out... [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_fluc Oh and the SGA Beach Sampler is beautiful...tons of waxies in different "beach night" blends. They look just like those Moon Cakes from CFOW. ❤️

Tonight it's...

Let Down Your Hair by Melted Duck

Third Eye by Alamo Candelaria upstairs

[smilie=th_goodnight]

I have ordered only from Bento - and held fast on my ban last weekend, almost ordered again!

Susan - The L3 sounds yummy!

Honeybear - I just had two come home from out of the country and about wore my battery down on the flight tracking program - you made my palms sweat! :unsure: Glad all is well.

mpfand - I love Napa! I am envious. And, I usually don't pack enough... :blush:

Tonight it is Candy Panda - Fallen Angels.