The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

The Merry Smelly Month Of May

Michele - oooh, ooh, you made such a nice order with VCS and I hope you will love it all. Maggie did say that VCS blends last about a year and then tend to fade - so go for it!

Regarding guilt, once in awhile I think, whoa girl, you'd better slow down [smilie=th_cha40] but I love this so very much, it gives me great pleasure, I've worked all my life and this is "mad money," so - I intend to enjoy it. That said, I've made a good dent in the stash, and I have a set number of boxes that I have vowed not to increase. We'll see how that works. [smilie=th_giggle] At the end of the day, I figure there are many worse habits we could have. [smilie=th_200912104451]

Life is short! Melt more!

AmyJo

Hi All!

AmyJo-Thanks for telling me I need to melt VCS soon. Because I have such a large stash some melts wait a long while.

Aria and AmyJo-I am loving the pretzel scents. I ordered a couple of chunk bags with pretzel in it. A few months back SGA offered a pretzel sampler. Sorry I didn’t get it.

Hello All...

I realized I never signed out yesterday. So busy over here but still melting away!

It's L3 Salty Sea Air Pink Chiffon Sandalwood.... [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Michele...yes, I feel guilty sometimes but then I try to slow down and melt a lot and it helps. Everyone deserves a splurge here and there...it's ok to enjoy this "hobby"! Hope you like your VCS!

[smilie=th_wave] Biolaeagles!! How are you?

Aria...I like Kimrie Ann's a lot! Great tarts but I couldn't buy once she started selling only on Facebook.

Honeybear...I'm sorry to hear you had such a tough travel....but you have a great attitude about it!

AmyJo...I'm sorry about poor Montgomery...it's tough when they get upset! [smilie=th_806e4b7f] I've had a pretzel scent before and it smells just like a hot pretzel from the ball park...if you like that scent.

Goodnight all...

Honeybear, what an ordeal! One time I had multiple delays when the catering truck hit the tail of the plane!

Michele - there are times when I open a new box of smellies and I have to find a place for it - I feel a little guilty, but I think I would be spending on some type of hobby, (like skiing - yikes, now THAT was expensive!) [smilie=th_shewiggle]

AmyJo, I feel bad for your furbabies. Wish there was a way to let them know what was going on so it wasn't so scary. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Tonight - Sweet Sage - Poppy's Party - a blend with Patchouli, Cedar and orange.

Hi everyone. I can't sleep so I decided to start melting for the day.

Hot Pink Lime by Hayden Rowe: Juicy Lime,citrus and berry. This is a loaf that came in the mystery box.

Bubbline Volcano by Hayden Rowe: Tropical Fruits, Sugared citrus, quince, cassis and effervesence, this is a little duck. shape that was in the lucky duck insider box.

Have a good day.

Michele ~ Yes, I know exactly how you feel! I just told my DH tonight that I have too much wax, that it makes me anxious, that I feel guilty. He said, "No, you need more." [smilie=th_thWTF] [smilie=th_laughing] He doesn't know what he's talking about. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] He's such a nice guy though, and he has his hobby (motorcycle), so he lets me enjoy mine. Thing is, I have so much wax that it has become hard to decide what to melt. Because with everything so neatly stored, it is difficult to mess up my stash...if that makes any sense at all. [smilie=th_create]

Here in New Mexico today, I had my dental cleaning, met one of DD#2's old friends for coffee, and then took my mom to dinner and Costco because DD#1 is working tonight. I thought it might be an early night since I'm tired, but the neighbor's decided Tuesday night was a good night for a party. [smilie=th_107]

ST The Office ~ Vanilla Bean Noel, Sugar Cookies, and World's Best Boss Coffee ~ Super strong and yummy!

ST Linda ~ Frosted Cornbread, Pink Sugar, and Cream Soda

I'm thinking about a Front Porch order, Michele. Try not to be so hard on yourself. It's just a hobby, and as long as we are not starving our children or hurting anybody, really, what is the harm? [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Good Morning!

Thanks AmyJo, Debra, Maggie and Valerie ! I’m just always worried I can’t finish melting all I have. But I LOVE this hobby. DH doesn’t even say anything anymore. He knows I melt everyday and I enjoy it so I guess all is well.

This morning I am melting SGA Strawberry Shortcake Sweet Bakery Dough Whipped Cream Bakery. First time trying this scent and so far so good.

Going to look at some assisted living facilities today for my dad. Want to see what they are like.

Enjoy the day everyone!!

Michele, I don't feel guilty about this hobby. It's fun, harmless and relatively inexpensive. DH never makes me feel bad about it. Probably because his hobbies are far more expensive. [smilie=th_laughing]

Debra, Poppy's Party sounds like a good combination! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Melting Lemon Coconut Chiffon from Scentsy. Old and not very strong. Will probably change it out when I get home from running errands.

Have a good day. [smilie=th_snoopy]

Hello All!

You guys are lucky with understanding hubbys!! Mine...not so much.

Debra...how was that Poppys Party? Sounds great!

It's gifties from a sweet pal tonight...

SGA Serene Rain Forest

CFOW Piñata

Thank you....smells amazing!

When I sit out on my deck I can smell this wonderful flower and it's so strong....it may be lilac...but it's got a honeysuckle note too. I don't see anything visually so I'm confused but enjoying it.

Have a good evening!

Hello ladies and good evening!

A long workday and happy to be home.

Good to hear the rousing level of agreement that we should not be feeling guilty for enjoying our waxies!

Honeybear...you are cracking me up with your reaction to your DH's insistence that you need more wax [smilie=th_laughing] ]but I wouldn't argue with him! So - what are you thinking about ordering from FP?

Michele, did you find any good assisted living for your Dad? My Dad lived in one for awhile and overall he liked it. Like anything else...some of them seem better than others...

Maggie - your flower outside sounds exquisite. For all our waxies - the real thing is still the best. [smilie=th_hema1]

Well, tonight I arrived home to packages from the two Vintages (Vintage Road and Vintage Chic) :upssmiley1: and everything is divine. These things were shipped before the post office box was set up so my husband put a cooler outside for the mailman and nothing melted. [smilie=th_ef7d03c7] The VRC wax seems extra soft and very fragrant - I got two loaves and a bunch of bundties. The VRC is the Royal Weddings Sampler and I can't even begin to describe how beautiful all the individual roses are. More scents than I can describe and on cold sniff they are lovely!

Have a good evening all,

AmyJo

Your husband is pretty clever, AmyJo! What a great idea. [smilie=th_cc8]

Maggie - I always seem to be unable to find an elusive Daphne in the early spring. The smell is amazing - but I sure can not locate it! [smilie=th_hema1]

Michele - I hope you find the right place for your Dad.

Tonight it is a strong VCS - Moonstone/Rosemary's Baby blend. Eucalyptus is the most noticeable.

Good morning everyone,

I hope you all had a good night.

Michele, on my VCS order it says we need to cure from 4-8 weeks from the cure date. I guess I had repressed that memory from the last time. [smilie=bagover] I love that Kirby includes the pour date on the little bag for every melt! The Grandma's Pearls squares are much bigger than I expected. I used the last of my previous bit of that scent last night for bedtime, so beautiful. My favorite of all lavenders (and I love many of them). I'm eager to hear what you think!

Aria, that Key Lime/Serendipity blend sounds seriously scrumptious. [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Biolaeagles - you make your own waxies?! I stand in awe of you ladies who do this. [smilie=th_allah] How long have you been doing this?

Susan, you have been making me drool with some of your latest melts - the Bento Black Cherry and the Hot Pink Lime. Also I love that little duck shape - I think it's Michele from CFOW who occasionally uses that shape and it's so adorable that I have a tough time melting it. :wub:

Maggie and Michele, thanks for the pretzel info. Another one for me to try. I was having trouble imagining that scent throughout the house but it sounds like you both have enjoyed it. I love the flavor so I think it will translate well. [smilie=yes]

Debra, yes we have a tough time with the storms. Montgomery knows well before the storm gets here and starts panting and drooling, and then he refuses anything by mouth. I turn on the lights so he doesn't notice the lightning as much and we retreat to a quiet hallway. Music helps him too, especially Jason Isbell. [smilie=th_sml29] And thanks for your kind words about my DH. I think I will keep him. We have fun together but we also do our own stuff and this is a good thing. [smilie=th_aa17]

So this morning it's:

VCS Grandma's Pearls - so beautiful - the last of the previous order and thankfully there is more curing now.

VRC Sea Minerals - new order and yes I was impatient! - wonderful SSA scent, long lasting even with no cure time! Very soft wax and lovely informative labels (cure time, scent notes, colorful - perfect)

CFOW Boardwalk Barbershop - Michele's blends are so luscious - barbershop, SSA and raspberry - I have this in three warmers and the house smells wonderful.

So all of my melt baskets are full! But there is more on the way! Melt, melt with purpose!! [smilie=th_ahaaha]

OK as usual I this is long. :sFun_blahblah: You may not believe I am pretty quiet in person. I make up for it here.

Have a great day everyone,

AmyJo

Hi ladies. Melting today: Cake Batter by CFOW

Mystery Tart by CFOW

Amyjo. the hot pink lime is really good. I didn't care for the bento black cherry tart. You don't know until you melt it. LOL

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Hi ya!

Another busy day but the weekend is almost here! [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04 The deck seems to be in order now... I'm just gonna hold off on the string lights. I'll put them up when the evenings start to heat up.

AmyJo....glad you found a way to help Montgomery. And you're cracking me up with the "nose dive" into your new waxies!! [smilie=th_giggle] It's soooo hard to wait!

Debra....I don't think I've smelled Daphne....now I'm gonna hafta. [smilie=th_hema1]

It's Melted Duck in Tip Yo Cabana Boy

And upstairs it's Egyptian Amber from a lovely CF pal....this is HEAVEN! I want to wear it! It's amazing! :toppoints:

[smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr Friday!!!! A long weekend!! So much to be happy about! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

I get to go to the beach for a couple days. Time for traveling melts! It is so hard to decide which ones to take.

I am wondering now if I have Grandma's Pearls in my VCS stash. Must look.

I need to go finish cleaning the house. [smilie=th_lavarepiatti] I love coming home to a clean house, but it sure is a pain doing it before leaving town.

Tonight - Rocket's - One Hour Dress. Not sure of the notes, but it smells fruity.

Debra ~ Have fun at the beach! [smilie=th_WE1summer013] I always have a hard time deciding which melts to bring, too. This time, though, I didn't have to worry about bringing any because the girls have a nice little basket full. [smilie=th_aa17]

I'm intrigued by this VCS Grandma's Pearls scent. I'm going to have to go check it out.

AmyJo ~ I had my cart full with FP the other night for several samplers and a few four-packs, to the total of about $100, but I didn't pull the trigger. Decided to wait until morning, and now I'm too worried because of the heat. That is a softer wax than normal, and I also remembered her wax doesn't hold up well for me in the way I melt. If you don't melt them all right away, they all end up having the same odd smell. [smilie=th_scratch]

Homemade Strawberry Zucchini Bread

ST Remus ~ Mahogany Teakwood, cardamom, apple and rum cake

I'm off to see what VCS has... [smilie=th_d6ac145d]

Good Morning All and Happy Memorial Day weekend!!

I’m so glad it’s finally here. I need to have everything ready to go before I get DH at the airport. I’m picking him up at the airport and then I’m driving down to the beach house. With all that has gone on here lately I never even got a chance to get it ready. We will have a full house this weekend. Wax is ready to go too.

Very busy and frustrating day yesterday. My parent’s online banking was accidentally locked and I’m having great difficulty getting it fixed. I spent 4 hours on the phone and in the bank trying to resolve the issue with no luck.

The assisted living facility we saw for my dad was ok. I thought it was too much like a nursing home. We will keep looking.

That FP order sounds great Valerie!! I know what you mean though if the stash is too big we don’t melt it quick enough. I’m going to look at the website. I have FP from years ago. They are all little ice cream scoops.

Melted SGA Blackberry SSA Sweet Lavender Marshmallow yesterday Love the SSA blends. Waiting for my CFOW SSA Sampler. Anxious to try. Ordered Last week and still no shipping notice. Is there a long TAT for this vendor?

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning ladies and the long weekend is almost here! [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Michele, CFOW's TAT is normally not very long (2-3 weeks) but she had that big Mother's Day sale so the TAT may be at the upper end. Also Michele (same spelling as you!) is so flexible and generous with special blends and shapes so I never mind waiting an extra week. She is excellent with responding to email. I hope you love that SSA sampler as I think it is exquisite. I'm sorry your parents' bank account is giving you fits and I hope you find an assisted living that is more homey for your Dad. You're a very loving daughter to help them in all these ways. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Honeybear, I hope you were able to get some Grandma's Pearls over at VCS because I see that the Blossom Squares in that scent are gone this morning. [smilie=th_cry2yw3] Don't worry, I imagine Kirby will restock that as it is popular! And that FP order sounded lovely but yes she does have a softer wax so I think you were smart to wait until cooler weather. Or, you could get a nice PO Box! [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Debra, enjoy the beach!! And I'm right there with you, need to clean my house today, it has gotten a little out of control this week. [smilie=th_rk01_lavatricefare]

Maggie, your deck sounds gorgeous. And you're right, I always *need* to melt a little bit of new arrivals to check them out...To increase my patience, I have set up a new shelf expressly for curing purposes. This makes the overall ongoing stash look so much lighter! So there is room for more!! [smilie=th_aa17]

Not that I would *think* of enabling you girls at all, but there are some sales you might be interested in: [smilie=th_cc24]

VCS - 10% off anything on the site (code AMERICA) until Tuesday morning (and the site is emptying rapidly, I see)

VRC - 18% off anything on the site, active now through Sunday (code Graduate2018) in honor of her middle child graduating high school

CFOW - sale thru Monday the 28th (code Memory15), guessing it's 15% off but the Instagram didn't say.

I may have placed orders with those already....plus a small order from Zeep...plus the 6 mini-pies sampler from SGA...what can I say?? [smilie=th_yahoo]

So it's a Front Porch morning around here - everything is very strong as usual with Angie's lovely little grubby tarts:

Cabin in the Smokies (the spices are so delicious, a favorite)

Baja Cactus and Sea Salt (so soothing)

Pistachio Pudding Cake (good enough to eat)

Orange Chiffon Jam & Toast (from the Bakery sampler, scrumptious)

Have a fine Friday all!!

AmyJo

Greetings All....

I hope everyone has a fun, relaxing and safe Memorial Weekend.

It's Spiked Citrus by OPT...love it!

Goodnight All.

Enjoy the beach, Debra! B)

Melting Apricot Peach Mac Apple from Front Porch. On the lighter side, but really good!

Hi All!

AmyJo-What’s VRC?

I did get the CFOW Sampler Box. Used the sale code. I can’t wait to get my orders.

Enjoy the beach Debra!

Melting SGA Beach Nights.

Thanks for the beach wishes! I am here, it is sunny but very windy. So goes the Pacific Ocean coast, no surprise! ;)

Michele, I hope your dad finds a home to his liking. There are so many things to consider. If you don't mind a little tip - be sure he meets some of the residents and see if it is a match - they enjoy it more when they have friends they enjoy there.

And - What a nightmare about the accounts, so much extra work. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

AmyJo - Let me add L3 to your sale list, now that I have done my shopping! 20%. [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

One of the best things about a trip to the beach is passing a couple of big Walmarts. $2.00 wax! So, today it is Scentsationals - Moonlight Garden. 1 cube and it is scenting like crazy.

HAPPY MEMORIAL WEEKEND

Debra...have lots of fun at the beach!! I love the wind....as long as it's sunny! ;)

Michele...sorry to hear about your banking troubles. I never get very far with banking phone calls either. Is there any way you could go into the bank and speak with someone directly? I hope you find a nice place for your Dad! Have fun at the beach! It looks like it may be a pretty good weekend after all.????

Can't melt today since we are having company...and in all honesty....my house smells like wax even when the warmers are off. There's nothing like being away for a week and coming home to an empty house that smells like you've been melting all week. [smilie=th_giggle]

Have a great day!

Morn ladies. Melting today: Saltwater Taffy by Satin Suzie

Black Coconut by OPT

Summer Strawberry Mimosa by BHG

Later today going to art in the park different vendor from all over come and have music too. Have a good one.