The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

July's Burst of Scents

th_smiley-yawn.gif Good morning

It is going to be a hot one here today. I guess that is nothing new though. I am melting Can Do's Dad's Cucumbers and Cream.

th_prod_107_1676.gif

33745.gif I'm melting!!! It's going to be 102 degrees here today!!!

This morning I'm trying a new scent from Carol. It's Cinnamon Spice Cake and it is good, but it's one of those I wish was just a tad stronger.

Nothing melting today after cleaning up my second waxtastrophie. Happy Monday, kiddies.

Oh no Jules! Two waxidents in the same day! Hope you have better luck today.

Aria--you have my sympathy about your teenage son's troubles. Kids at that age don't know if they are adults or kids and some of their acquaintances can be very cruel at this age. Hang in there and be supportive--it doesn't last forever but often feels like it will never end. I cried many a tear on my son's behalf in his teen years so I know how you feel.

trep, thank you so much! You know just how I am feeling and yes, I have shed some tears. I vaguely recall being a teen all the ups and downs and the heartaches. Seems like I am going through it all again. Your new melter sounds lovely...I really like melters that light up...they add just an extra little something to your home.

Aria - Trep has some good advice. Before you've gotten over the way they treat him, they've already forgotten it and moved on to something else. I know it's hard 4 U in the meantime, tho. [smilie=th_empathy] Maybe those friends need to see you like this ----> rollingpin.gif...they have NO idea what an angry mama bear is like when it comes to her kids. ;)

sweet, thanks girl...it is very tempting to can-o-whoop-ass.jpg, but I have been just biting my tongue and letting him handle it on his own. I don't want to make things worse.

shortygal, yes, kids can be very cruel...this is nothing new...there were mean kids back when we were in school too.

michele, I had to giggle at your statement about your DD telling you to get over it already because sometimes DS just looks at me like I am making a big deal over nothing.

Okay, gotta get my teeth brushed and wake DS to put out the trash

Have a great day

I had a traumatic morning today...when I turned on the ceiling fan in my dining room, a giant, ugly black cricket suddenly fell to the dining table!!!! I was all alone (Bug-Killing Hero DH had just left for work) and had to kill it all by myself. Now I can't help but feel paranoid at the prospect of seeing any more bugs today. The laundry room in our apartment complex is home to a bunch of dead bugs, and I have to do a bunch of laundry today, which adds to the unpleasantness.

Now that my rant is over, I'm melting BL Lemon Biscotti. This one is really nice.

OMG Christy, I would have freaked!!! Good job dispatching the cricket on your own!

I can handle most bugs but crickets and grasshoppers make me lose it, I'm completely phobic about them!

Today I'm still melting Fruit loops from Crosscreek.

[smilie=th_sHellobar] everyone. Back from my camping trip, had a good time. Melting: Blackberry Blue Sugar from Front Porch.

Burning: Applewood by Woodwick, votive. Have a great day.

Good Morning!!

Went to have my hair colored and cut this morning and now I am melting YOCC Zucchini Bread, Sugar Cookie and Sugar Cookie Zucchini Bread. The house is smelling great!!

Good Morning. Melting Toasted Marshmallow from Back Road Hobbies and Vanilla Cream from Scentsy. I have the Marshmallow one in the family room and kitchen and the vanilla one in the dining room and living room and they are blending together nicely.

On this steamy afternoon I have added Scentsationals Warm Hugs to the mix. Sure wish it would rain. Every county in our state has been declared a disaster as of this morning because of this drought.

Same here....we haven't had any rain since April, and now back in a heat warning till Thursday night. 100 today, 104 tomorrow.....wow, can't wait till Fall/Winter. I am in Illinois, the corn crops are horrible, everyones grass is brown, everything is brown....it's horrible. And no rain in site!

The boys and I are in the house...it's just too hot out.knary.gif I took Ozzy out a couple of times, but we couldn't stay out for more than 10 minutes at a time.

We are having drought conditions here too. I've had to water my flowers every day. The hanging baskets I water twice a day! We have a corn field beyond our backyard and the corn is growing like crazy though! It's tall and very green!

Melting Raspberry Coconut Zucchini from CFTKR...this is a must-have...so mouth wateringly good! Also melting upstairs today, Lavender & Camomile from Nene's.

Christy, thpanic.gif eww about the cricket! I don't mind bugs outside, but not in my house!!!!!

can-o-whoop-ass.jpg

Aria - [smilie=th_LA839B1117] I didn't know U could buy that in a can. Does Walmart carry it? [smilie=th_tease-1]

I had a traumatic morning today...when I turned on the ceiling fan in my dining room, a giant, ugly black cricket suddenly fell to the dining table!!!! I was all alone (Bug-Killing Hero DH had just left for work) and had to kill it all by myself.

Christy - What a way to start the day! :o I feel 4 U cuz I hate bugs, 2. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_fluc I always have a can of wasp/hornet spray on hand, the kind that can spray from 22 feet away. I use it on any bug that I can't bring myself to get too close to and it kills em all. Kinda makes a mess, but 4 me, I can clean up a dead bug easier than getting close to a live one. [smilie=th_pardon]

I should be posting what scent I'm melting...but I'm not. Melting waxies that is. It's blistering hot & don't want to add heat by turning the melter on. Just wanted to check in and say hi. [smilie=th_76d65c2f] I also came home to find a cat had barfed on my bed.[smilie=th_ANGRY_10] I've threatened to throw them all out unless someone gives me a name or points a finger (paw?) at the guilty party. Yep... I definitely won the Miss CrankyPants award for the day. [smilie=th_smilies-1]

It has been exceptionally hot here also but we do get some rain too.

Christy-I hate crickets!! That would have freaked me out too.

Sweet-The cat barfing on your bed must not have been a pleasant sight.

It is 88 degrees here right now so I guess that's not so bad.

I just switched out the melters to LSC Birthday Cake and AC Caramel Cookie.

What a difference - it was 60 degrees when I got up this am!

Oh phooey, Sweet, my cat does that on the rug and I step on it now and again.

HeeHee, Aria!

Tonight is Scentsationals - Sno Cone.

Hi girls! [smilie=The_Hi]

I've had a busy day and am just getting here now. Been enjoying reading all of your posts. You ladies are so much fun! I've been chuckling all through them.

Michele & Debra ~ I am the same as both of you and don't like to dump anything that has any scent left. I will even transfer it to another bowl in another room if I have to.

Christy ~ Ick! Bugs are not my friends either. Last week, the girls caught a huge cricket downstairs by covering it with a glass. Hubby had a nice little surprise waiting for him when he got home from the airport. [smilie=th_aa17] Good thing bug man is coming in the morning. I will say, however, that crickets are more tolerable than those horrendous centipedes or "squiders" (sun spiders). [smilie=th_help]

Sweet ~ That is too funny! [smilie=th_giggle] I woke up this morning to our little doggie throwing up. Must be the week for animal puking. I have cleaned up cat gunk the past three days in a row. :crysmiley1:

TBG Flowers & Frost

TBG Wildberry Scones

Homemade Sweet Potato Pie

Unknown vendor Downy Fresh

Hope everyone is having a good night!

Good Morning, Melting for second day Village Candle votive in Mulled Cider. I like this one and will be getting some more for the fall. It's not as strong as Kim's but its pretty good. Also in another melter I have from Cheryl's Amish Spice Loaf I smell chocolate in it. not too sure of this one as I'm not too fond of chocolate scents in wax. Love to eat it though!

th_oregonian_mornincoffee.gif Good morning!

I'm melting Cotton Candy Icing from Nene's :) I will be making sure to enjoy every sniff wink.gif DH has asked that I not melt all the time when he is home, so evening/weekend melts will be on hold a bit I guess. Bummer. Hope everyone is keeping cool! I woke up and the house was already 80 degrees th_cha66.gif

coffee-n-donut.gif Good morning

Sugar Cookie Zucchini from YOCC...oh yum!

We've had lots of thunder and dark here this morning. Just waiting for the rain!

sweet, pretty sure Wally World has can-o-whoop-ass.jpg on sale this week...buy one, get one free! rotfl2.gif I'm stocking up! rotfl2.gif Sorry about the cat barf...ugh. hug.gif Did he eat too fast? Hope you can get back to melting soon...it's supposed to cool down a bit.

DH comes home from Mexico today! He's been gone for 2 weeks! confetti2.gif

twinsmom, I love mulled cider type scents...have you ever found a dupe for Cider Snap from CFTKR? I still have a few of those that I am hoarding.

honeybear, Flowers and Frost sounds so interesting! Funny how the girls saved the cricket for your DH! There are two little boys who live next door to me who will pick up all kinds of bugs outside! Mine would pick up the little frogs, but not bugs. It's all sort of icky to me!!!!! 127143_sarcastic-fainting.gif

Okay, enough bug talk....have a good one friends!

I have Orange Caramel Crumble from CrossCreek melting here at work, it is divine!!!

Have a great day everyone! :D