The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

July's Burst of Scents

Changed out some melters for the evening...

Shayz Pink Sugar

Shady Mountain Sugar Cookie Dough Bread ~ [smilie=thank_you] , CF buddy!

TBG Pumpkin Sticky Buns

Homemade Cinnamon Sandalwood & Cherry Chip Bread

Thanks Michele! :)

Finally finished cleaning up dinner and decided on Beautiful Zen by TBG...cold sniff on this is beautiful!

Have a good night. [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

I know it's time for bed [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep] , but I had to post that I've been melting Peach Cobbler (BRH)

It's a light sweet peachy smell (not that stinky cat weewee smell of some peach scents).

th_316785e4.gifGood Morning

I am melting LSC Italian Custard th_happy.gif I never ended up posting what I melted last night, because it was nothing! DH and his ever sensitive sniffer wanted me to "give the scents a rest" grrr.gif He said certain scents I melt are disgusting & they linger on his clothes which he does not like. th_e13.gif He said that I don't realize how much the smell takes over the whole house because I am used to it. Of course, I think that is a good thing! LOL He has just always been sensitive to smelling scents...whether it be candles, perfume, deodorant....anything!

- Heat Wave (CFTKR) - love it...it's been going strong for several days! (2 tarts)

- Fresh Bamboo (Kim's) - nice & nice throw in powder room plug-in

- Bamboo & White Grapefruit (CFTKR) - okay scent for me...an dnot very strong. I thought I'd like it more. I am finding I am pretty picky about Bamboo scents.

- Bedtime Bath (Dream Tarts) - very low throw. I've tried this several times and the scent is just not for me.

th_316785e4.gifGood Morning

I am melting LSC Italian Custard th_happy.gif I never ended up posting what I melted last night, because it was nothing! DH and his ever sensitive sniffer wanted me to "give the scents a rest" grrr.gif He said certain scents I melt are disgusting & they linger on his clothes which he does not like. th_e13.gif He said that I don't realize how much the smell takes over the whole house because I am used to it. Of course, I think that is a good thing! LOL He has just always been sensitive to smelling scents...whether it be candles, perfume, deodorant....anything!

Bummer, Shortygal! That would make me so mad! :angry:

I really feel for you. [smilie=th_empathy] Hearing this really makes me appreciate my hubby all the more. He rarely gives me [smilie=crap] about what I melt and never says anything about my stash. I will keep my fingers crossed for your hubby to have an epiphany about the importance of aromatherapy in a woman's life. [smilie=yes]

TBG Pumpkin Sticky Buns

TBG Lavender Vanilla

TBG Bunny Burps

Homemade Pineapple Cake

Have a good one! [smilie=th_balloons]

Hello everyone!

I have Crosscreek Fruit loops melting here at work and it is good and strong!

Good Morning!

Melting LSC Triple Berry Bread and LSC Maple Berry Bread. These smell fabulous!! The Bella's Ice Cream Cone still has some scent so I will leave it on.

My DH never comments on what I am melting but if he hates it he will tell me. For the most part he never comments on my stash but it does need to be used up a bit so I can' t blame him.

Hi there friends...aa59.gif everyone staying cool?

More teenage woes here with DS#1...ugh, I can't take it. It's bringing me down. Actually, it's not even DS, it's the way his "friends" treat him. Let's just say kids can be very mean. It's heartbreaking for a mom.

Melting CFTKR Coffee Ice Cream...smells delish

shortygal, sorry your DH is being such a stinker about your scents...rollingpin.gif

I know it's time for bed [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep] , but I had to post that I've been melting Peach Cobbler (BRH)

It's a light sweet peachy smell (not that stinky cat weewee smell of some peach scents).

I have to agree about the peach scents and smelling like cat pee. pong.gifHowever, many of ones I've smelled lately are much, much better and authentic! I just ordered some Peach French Toast from YOCC and am eager to see how it compares.

Have a good afternoon everyone bf-pond-smileyandsmiley.gif

Just got back from some retail therapy. I got a bunch of Scentsationals cubes at Wal Mart and a new melter at Yankee. I got the one they came out with some months ago that looks like it has a light bulb for heating but it is an LED light to shine through the holes but has a heating plate for the actual melting. I bought one when they first came out but used it for a gift for a dear friend who was going through a bad patch at the time and had never gotten around to getting myself one until today.

Shortygal--sorry your DH isn't a scent fan. My son is like that--I have solved the problem by using a lot of vanilla scents which don't bother him and using the others upstairs the first half of the day when he is not around to smell them. DH usually likes anything I melt but will occasionally not like one but it often will be one I don't like either so we are good on that front.

Aria--you have my sympathy about your teenage son's troubles. Kids at that age don't know if they are adults or kids and some of their acquaintances can be very cruel at this age. Hang in there and be supportive--it doesn't last forever but often feels like it will never end. I cried many a tear on my son's behalf in his teen years so I know how you feel.

Jules--sounds like your melting isn't going too well today. I hate it when that happens.

For the rest of the day it is Scentsationals Candy Cane.

He said that I don't realize how much the smell takes over the whole house because I am used to it. Of course, I think that is a good thing! LOL

Shortygal - Geez....sounds like your DH doesn't realize that's usually our 'goal'.... to make the whole house smell good. :( My sis goes thru the same thing w/her DH. What he sez he smells is no where near the description of what she's actually melting. :wacko: How's your little one - feeling better?

Actually, it's not even DS, it's the way his "friends" treat him. Let's just say kids can be very mean. It's heartbreaking for a mom.

Aria - Trep has some good advice. Before you've gotten over the way they treat him, they've already forgotten it and moved on to something else. I know it's hard 4 U in the meantime, tho. [smilie=th_empathy] Maybe those friends need to see you like this ----> rollingpin.gif...they have NO idea what an angry mama bear is like when it comes to her kids. ;)

Just got back from some retail therapy. I got a bunch of Scentsationals cubes at Wal Mart and a new melter at Yankee.

Trep - I haven't been on Yankee's site in a while & that made me look. Purdy melter! [smilie=yes] Does it come in more colors? Did U get a chance to sniff their new fall scents? How about Walmart's Scentsationals - do they have any fall scents out yet?

I'm melting BL's Marshmallow Lemon Cookie from my swap box. Another excellent scent from them! :wub:

Hi all!

I am melting Lemon Icebox Cake from S&S and Lemon Fairy Cake from Nene's. DH does like lemon, so hopefully he won't mind this one ;)

sweet - I know, right?! I consider it a success when I can smell it through the house

th_stophierDancedancer04.gif DS no longer has a fever but does have that rash everywhere. Just have to wait for it to clear up now. He is teething, possible molars....so he is quite miserable today! It is always something lol. Thanks for asking.

trep - That melter sounds neat!

Aria - Kids can definitely be mean, it is terrible. I'm sorry you are having to deal with that.

NMhoneybear - You are right about the importance of aromatherapy in a woman's life! lol th_thumbs20up.gif

Trep-Nothing like some retail therapy to make your day!!

Aria-Kids can be so cruel. We have a hard time getting past things while our kids have moved on long before. MY DD is always telling me to get over it already.

shortygal-Hope the baby feels better soon.

My LSC tarts are still going. I am now burning YC Peach Mango Salsa also. I hate changing out scents before I can't smell them anymore. I think this is why my tart pile doesn't go down too quickly. Anyone else like that?

Today is Scentsy's Pineapple Paradise from BBMB. Smelled great at first but died quick! Havana Cabana is a better pineapple scent and lasts longer (IMO).

Waiting for all my new addictions (tarts from online vendors) to cure. It is killing me not to melt them!

Michele - I am the same way. I keep melting til I eek out every bit of scent.

Trep - did you get new waxie flavors?

Jules - watch out for those speed bumps - they are a waxtastrophie waiting to happen!

Tonight is Dream Catcher from Cheryl.

Sweet--the melter only comes in the one color and Debra--it IS very pretty lit. I have it going right now and it is doing well--melted the tart quickly and the throw is good. I sniffed the new Yankee fall scents--they are OK--nothing really great that I could see. The Whoopie Pie was good if you like chocolate and the labels on some were really cute with pumpkins, sunflowers, etc. I didn't buy any of them. As for new fall scents at Wal Mart--not yet. They did have the summer line--I like Cookie Fix and Hangin' Out in that line. I am thinking we won't see the fall Scentsationals and BH&G until Wal Mart is through with the back to school stuff and starts hauling in the fall things. That is when they showed up last year, but that is just a guess. The Wal Mart I was at did have the new Scentsationals line of mini warmers--not the plug in kind but their new ones that are miniature versions of their full size ones. They had a bunch of different styles--a shiny black ribbed one, sock monkey, monster, peace, Statue of Liberty, mini owl identical to their full size one, tiki and inspiration. They are cute and a nice size for a child's room or any small area that a full size warmer is too bulky. Passed on them, too, but they are cute and I think they are only $10. Not sure about that, though.

For this morning it is Scentsationals Strawberry Lemonade.

- Butt Naked (CFTKR) - great scent and great throw!

- Fairy Dust & Twinkle Toes (Candle Dippers) - good throw in powder room plug-in

- Peachy Pink (Shayz) - a favorite :) - great in my workout room :)

Good Morning, melting a votive from Village Candle in Mulled Cider. I'm trying to find a dupe of Kim's Mulled Cider. On cold sniff it smelled exactly like it. So we will see. If this one is spot on or close to Kim's at least I can get them at the grocery store. Stay cool everyone!