The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

The Scents Come Marching In

Earlier I melted Mandarin Cranberry from Can-Do and Grandma's Kitchen from Dream Tarts. For the rest of the evening it's Caramel Dream from Dream Tarts, courtesy of my CF buddy. :D

Honeybear~ Sorry to hear about the zilch throw with your Haley's loaf! [smilie=th_ANGRY_10]

How's the other scents? Would you order from her again? [smilie=th_confused3]

The jury's still out on that, Maggie. [smilie=th_anyminute] All I have tried thus far is the Iced Lemon Cookies and Lime Birthday Cake. I can't believe I could not smell the Lime Birthday cake in either of the two rooms. The Iced Lemon Cookies was good and threw for a good 6 or so hours. Smelled just like a scent I know of called Iced Lemon Biscotti. The other scents I got were Blueberry Funnel Cake, Sugar Cookie Dough Bread, and Fruit Loop Marshmallows. I'm so curious, think tomorrow will be a Haley day, for sure!

This evening, put on a few new tarts:

HHS Pink Sugar Cake, Pink Sugared Blueberries, and Apple Orchard

(placed an order the other night and so using up some older ones)

Soy Blessing's Valentine tart from a contest...had no scent name on it and the others I had from her had no throw...after LOTS of cure time, still no throw. :(

[smilie=th_goodnight] Gonna sleep like a baby tonight. [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep] DH just came back from Phoenix for good and we're gonna try our new My Pillows tonight! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

mp - how is the Grandma's Kitchen? I have been eyeing it - but wondered if it is too bakery-ish for my taste.

My YC Island Spa did not burn all the way down so I turned it into a mega melt tonight.

[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe Today has started out terrible my son had to be at school at 6 so up at 5 rushing around go to start the car and it wont start. Thankfully i was starting my car early enough for him to get a ride but it means all my running around and going to Weight watchers today is a no go [smilie=th_smiley-crying].

Starting my day out melting some Sugar cookie bread and Zucchini noel both from Orchid lake. Have a great day all

Hi friends,

Katz, big congrats on your DSon's engagement! My DSister got married over the weekend, her first marriage. She married her college professor and they are over the moon. [smilie=th_0b464f69745090d9d8a0f

I'm melting LSC Moon Spice today. [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Gail, too darned busy these days [smilie=th_fear8]

Thank you so much for the well wishes for my son and his fiancee' (that sounds funny). They are a good match I think. I've been in and out a lot this week but this morning I am melting LSC Peppermint Marshmallow Snow. YUMMY!!....I also have a votive going in my hideaway room from HOS Amber Romance. WE are going to a Pacer game this evening. A rep friend of my DH has extra,FREE tickets 5 rows behind the bench so it's time to blow off some "stink". Have a great day friends.

Good Morning...not melting anything right now :( DH is not feeling well :( :( and is sleeping in his chair in the LR, so I decided not to melt. Maybe later on....

Thanks, Aria. He is 9 months old th_slider_flirt.gif

Aww! How sweet! :wub: I miss having a baby to hold! My "babies" are 13 and 8 years old! lol

Have a great day everyone!

mp - how is the Grandma's Kitchen? I have been eyeing it - but wondered if it is too bakery-ish for my taste.

Based on the description, I expected this one to be fairly strong, but it wasn't, at least not in the room I had it in. It was a nice scent and I got more spice (cloves to my nose) than bakery from it.

Good Afternoon all...

Shortygal~ Hope your little guy is feeling better today! Like Aria, I miss my babies too!!! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Honeybear~ Thanks for the feedback...I am eagerly awaiting your thoughts on the other scents. I am chomping at the bit to order from here after my lockdown...so curious! :)

Katz~ Enjoy the game tonight! :)

Aria~ Hope your DH feels better soon....it's also not easy for us when they don't feel good...I know. [smilie=th_sad-1]

This morning it has been another winner from Shayz...

Apple Zucchini Pie...I love apple pie and I love zucchini so this one is PERFECT! Definite reorder for me! [smilie=cloud_9]

Upstairs:

Gonna put on Moonflower from my tart making bud... [smilie=th_76d65c2f] thanks!

Have a good one. :)

Guest jesuschick

This morning it has been another winner from Shayz...

Apple Zucchini Pie...I love apple pie and I love zucchini so this one is PERFECT! Definite reorder for me!

I have that VERY one set out to melt next. Have a Homes Association meeting so will get started melting late but now cannot wait to try it! I hope I love it, too.

Hi all!

Maggie & Aria - Thanks! Today was worse than yesterday, poor little guy has been miserable :( I am sure it will be a few days before he is himself again. I actually have an older DS as well - just turned 13! Large age gap, but it works! th_aa17.gif

I am melting Blueberry Zinger from Orchid Lake. I am thinking a glass of wine sounds good for later on. One of those days! lolth_a056.gif

DH took me out for a nice ride and a nice lunch today and then we went to the mall and I got some tealights at Yankee in three of the new scents--Pink Dragonfruit, Wild Passion Fruit and First Kiss and some new fragrances in hand cream and sanitizer at BBW so it was a very nice day. I now have on Scentsationals Cupcake. Have a great night everyone.

Most of the day today I have been melting Can Do Cast Iron Cookies and Can Do Cafe Brulot Cookies. Now I have added to the mix two Yankee Candles-Chocolate Bunnies and Milk & Cookies. Added AMS Dancing Waters in the bedroom.

Yesterday I went with CYS Brown Sugar Buttercream Crunch (which seems to be discontinued) and now it's GG Romp in the Orchard, which smells just like YC Macintosh to me. This is my last GG tart. Amen.

I am also burning my YC Sandcastles Swirl candle next to a new tealight holder that DH got me in Florida. I found a picture of them online -- aren't these cute? Mine is the purple one, top left.

[smilie=th_0b464f69745090d9d8a0f [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

TJ'S Mom, I hope your day improved a ton!

Katz, yes, it's the sister who lives across the street. We're very close, in more ways than one. :D Enjoy tonight's game!

Aria, here's wishing your DH a speedy recovery!

Shortygal, I sure hope you dear little one feels a lot better and really quickly!

I haven't been home, so nothing's smelling good around here unless you count DH's polish sausage. :huh: I'll wait until the stink of it dissipates before melting anything.

Gail

Stella~ Sorry to hear about your lousy morning...hope it got better! :)

Shortygal~ I might just join you in that glass of wine!! [smilie=th_a056]

Trep~ Sounds like a GREAT day to me!

Karen~ I hope you like that scent too! <<fingers crossed>>

Christy~ That tealight holder is ADORABLE!!! :)

Changing up the scents...AZP was still throwing before my work meeting...now I smell nothing.

Using up an oldie...the last of my button tarts... :(

Dutch Crust Crumble from Country Button Candle

Brucie got a clean bill of health! His eye is all better just in time for his move. He and my DD are settling down permanently in Santa Barbara.

Puppy - Is that near enuf 4 U to visit often? I visited there way back in the 70's and it was a lovely city. Lots of good shopping as I recall... :ssshopping:

Gonna sleep like a baby tonight. DH just came back from Phoenix for good and we're gonna try our new My Pillows tonight!

Honeybear - Your DH is home for good...no more trips to the airport 4 U? :thyay: Ok....I give up - what's a 'My Pillows'? [smilie=th_scratch]

Today has started out terrible my son had to be at school at 6 so up at 5 rushing around go to start the car and it wont start.

Stella - hope it ended up being something minor with your car. [smilie=th_empathy] Was the trip to DC fun for your DS?

I am also burning my YC Sandcastles Swirl candle next to a new tealight holder that DH got me in Florida. I found a picture of them online -- aren't these cute? Mine is the purple one, top left.

Christy - those are SO cute! Light up some tropical scented tea lights in them & U and your DH can pretend you're on vacation on some exotic beach. [smilie=th_c032]

I'm melting TBG's Bubbling Butter Brew from a CF buddy. [smilie=th_teks0311] What a great butterscotch/caramel sniff! Smells just like a Werther's candy tastes. [smilie=th_yay]

Recent melts:

FM - Cedar & Saffron

LOL - Rosemary Mint

BH - Strawberry Margarita

SM - Lemon Zucchini Pie, Love-Mallow (loaf melt)

Currently melting:

Thompson's - Apple Dumpling

BH&G - Vanilla Sugar Cookie

Burning:

VC - Banana Cream Pie

cmarie, that is a super cute tea light holder!

Just popped in Cafe Brulot Cookies from Can-Do for the evening.

Thanks for the scent info, Mp!

Me too, me too, Christy! I think that is really cute, too!

Tonight I am melting YC - Spring Days.