The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

August's Heat Wave of Wax

I started with Oatmeal, Milk & Honey from OMG in my room, I was really looking forward to it after hearing so many recommend this scent.

Could any of you who love this scent recommend your favorite vendor's version to me?

Laurie - I agree, Cheryl has a good one. I've also gotten it from CCCC, but Deana's is called Buttered Maple Oats & Honey. I used to get it from Carol, too (Maple Oats & Honey), but don't see it on her list. You could ask her about it, tho. It's on my list to try from Tuscadero's (all I've gotten from there have been strong), but haven't tried it yet. HTH - [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

Today I'm melting SH Pumpkin Donuts. Yummy!

One of my fave pumpkin sniffs from SH! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Katz - I'm sayin a prayer for your dear Shagster. [smilie=th_empathy] I'm assuming she's been spayed? Otherwise, I'd wonder if she and her beau were off somewhere. Maybe one of your neighbors took her in? Have U checked w/the pound? Perhaps someone thought she was a stray and took her there or U might put an ad in the paper - ?

Christy - [smilie=th_aa20] - you're now Aunt Christy! Even if it's via a webcam - I'm glad you'll be able to see your new niece and chat w/the happy parents soon!

I'm burning a candle and melting the same scent - HOS Vanilla Chai. Delicious! :wub:

Have a good weekend all! :confettistars:

Aww Katz, what a worry over Shagster. I hope she's just off on a little adventure and will show up. Now!

Christy, [smilie=th_congratulations] on Corinne Marie's arrival! What a pretty name! How's it feel to be Auntie Christy? You have a whole new role in life now! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

I'm melting LSC Blackberry Basil. It's a bit unusual but a terrific combination!

Gail

I am just waiting for my company to arrive. I am also burning YC Ocean Water and YC Tahitian Tiare Flower. It is a beautiful day here.

Congratulations Christy!!

Katz-Hope Shagster returns soon.

Cmarie~ [smilie=th_congratulations] on your new niece Corinne Marie!!! Hope you get to video chat so you won't feel so far away! :) I am astounded by the story of your kittie finding his way home [smilie=th_catkiss] ...6 hours away??? [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

Changing the scents this late afternoon...

Melting all Backroad Hobbies downstairs: Banana Caramel Zucchini Bread, Pineapple Zucchini Bread & Buttercream Drizzle Bread.

Burning: Hope from God's Country Candle (Honeydew & Pear)

Upstairs it's still Poolside Paradise from WAHM...strong and long lasting!

:)

Thanks everyone! Mama and baby are supposed to be discharged from the hospital tonight, so we hope to video chat with them sometime this weekend yet. Gail, it hasn't quite hit us yet, but we hope to meet her at Christmas.

Maggie, I should clarify -- my cat reappeared at my grandparents' place, not my house. I only mentioned the 6 hour thing to explain why I had to leave town even though the cat was still gone. Anyway, it will always be a mystery to my family what he did for those 10 days!

I'm melting CCCC's Scarecrow Hollar - wonderful apple scent! I know it's still summer, but I'm quickly getting in the mood for fall scents and ready to burn candles again. The last 2 weekend mornings have been cool enuf for candles... :thyay:

I started the day off with elf sweat had it in 3 melters and could not smell anything, switched to lemon but thats not what i want so for the 3rd time today i am switching this time i am trying out orange cream cupcake it smells like baby aspirin to me lol.

Today's melt:

YC - Lemon Zest

SH - Anginettes Butter Cookies

Just started burning - McCalls Banana Nut Raisin

Crossroads - Earthly Essence

In my living room, I am melting Crosscreek, Pink Sugar Cake.

In kitchen, I am melting Shayz's, Pink Watermelon Supreme. My home smells so yummy... [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

I'm burning my divine Slatkin Caribbean Escape candle. I still have plenty of time to enjoy summery scents, since our hot weather doesn't usually end until mid to late October. [smilie=yes]

Gail

Congrats, Christy! I never long for Christmas coming quickly :lol: but I will for you so you can see your new niece - yay! Hope your plans work out :D

Katz - sending good vibes for Shagster - I would be beside myself :( My sister's female cat took off several years ago, and there she was waiting for her on the steps about ten days later. She was pretty dirty, but no worse for the wear. We put fliers up in her neighborhood asking people to check their sheds, garages, and basements - we worried that she wandered in while someone was cutting their lawn and she wouldn't be discovered until they had to do it again. Don't know if that's what happened to her, but it's something to think about. Hugs for you!!

Tonite's melts:

Orchid Lake Pink Toasty Mallows in the living room. Got my second order today, and another home run! I love her Bags O' Bits - super strong/no cure time. She just started offering Parasoy, but I ordered Soy because I already know I love hers.

Orchid Lake Fresh Bread in the bathroom. Not my thang :lol: but it was a freebie and in Parasoy - now I can see if I like hers - perfect!

County Line City Slicker in the bedroom. Really nice - love mens cologne scents!

Have a great Sunday, everyone! :)

Oh Katz, I feel so bad about your kitty! My kitty disappeared in May after her old buddy died - we got her back on the 8th day - Mother's Day. We used a big live trap and I swear by those now.

Christy - congratulations! Start her melting young! [smilie=th_shewiggle]

Tonight has been Camu Camu from Scentsy.

eta: the scent is tropical fruity

Good morning this morning i am trying out my can do tarts

starting off with Powdered cinnamon donuts and Birdy's Baklava

I also still have the serendipity in the plug in warmer in my bedroom and after 2 days its still amazing.

Hope you all have a great Sunday.

Christy~ OOHH!!! [smilie=yes] Now, I understand...glad it wasn't a six hour trip for your little one but I have heard stories like that before! So glad it worked out!!! :)

This morning it's:

Cinnamon Maple Bread from FP.... :thwetkissf: AMAZING!!! Reminds me a bit of Sin-o-mon Sugar Cake from SH...another fav. I MUST get more of this one!!!!

I'm melting PS Vanilla Extract and it's [smilie=th_cc15] ! My sis brought her dog (my dog's brother) over last nite for a 2 week stay w/us while they're on vacation. He's so scared when it storms...and wouldn't ya know it [smilie=th_roll] , we had a thunderboomer at 4:30 this morning, poor guy was shaking like a leaf. Don't know if it's by association, but my dog started shaking and panting, too and he's never done that before. [smilie=th_th1ptgno] It stormed again at 7:30 and another went thru at 9:00. It's been a long day already and it's only 10:00. :wacko: I'm ready for a nap. [smilie=th_foolish1]

G'morning all! [smilie=th_blij51]

Sweet, how sad that your sister's dog is afraid and making your dog afraid. Poor pups. There's a product called Harmonese that our holistic vet is recommending. It's not a cure, but it sure has helped several dogs in our club, including my friend's autistic dog. He's almost seven and totally freaks out at grooming time. But last week he was much improved. Anyway, might be worth looking into. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

I'm melting CCCC Melonade. [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Gail

Good Morning!

I will be driving DD back to college later and spending the night at her apartment. Right now I am melting LOL Vanilla Crunch and burning a small preview candle of Slatkins S'Mores. Smells good here.

Sweet~ Sorry to hear of your sleepless night! I hope the thunder calms down and you can get a cat nap in!! Poor little puppies! Poor Sweet! ;)

Gail~ Do you know where someone could pick up Harmonese? I might like to give that a try for Daisy...she has the same problem with the groomer.

Michele~ Enjoy your time with your DD tonight!!!

The FP Cinnamon Maple Bread is still going but I added Butterfly Fields upstairs.