The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

August's Heat Wave of Wax

This afternoon, melting SH Sleepy Hollow in the main rooms. Moved SH Funky Monkey to the bathroom.

[smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Today we know official where our kids will go to school this next year. What a relief it is. Now I just need to find a job in the city that they are going to be going to.

We've got

YC vanilla cupcake burning

YC christma cookie mini jar almost done

Melting

buttery pound cake LOL just started.Sort of smells like there is lemon in it?

I'll be home for christmas-old Judy tart CYS

Me again. :rolleyes: I changed to OMG Lick Me All Over. It's [smilie=th_fabulous1] I just checked my OMG spreadsheet. I've only placed one small order with this company and have used over half of my tarts so far. Average grade = A+! [smilie=th_yahoo]

Gail

Me again. :rolleyes: I changed to OMG Lick Me All Over. It's [smilie=th_fabulous1] I just checked my OMG spreadsheet. I've only placed one small order with this company and have used over half of my tarts so far. Average grade = A+! [smilie=th_yahoo]

Gail

Gail knowing that OMG took over CYS. If you've tried the old CYS.

Can you tell me about your experience from wax,to throws?

Melting Fresh Cut Cantaloupe from Scentsy in the main areas of the house and Lavender Vanilla from B&BW in the master bedroom and bathroom. Have a good week-end, scent buddies. B)

This afternoon it has been YC Sage & Citrus, Clean Cotton, Fireside and Cucumber and Cantaloupe. The cuke-loupe will be done after this burn and Sage & Citrus is getting close. I like to get them finished when they get that low so I can try something else. I am pleasantly surprised by the Fireside. I don't even know why I bought it but I really like it. Not at all what I was expecting and that is good. Have a great night and good weekend everyone.

Hi Ilove. [smilie=th_76d65c2f] I've never tried CYS so I'm no help there. And my one and only OMG order was delivered shortly before Lisa bought CYS, so I'm sure it's all pure OMG stuff. I can tell you that I ordered half soy and half paraffin and they're both wonderful formulations. The scents have been yummy and authentic. The throws have all been excellent. That's all perfect enough in itself, but Lisa was generous with freebies too! HTH!

Sweet, I agree. Amish Quilt is simply perfection!

Gail

OOCC - that's one I use for Our Own Candle Company. I just got tired of typing it out all the time. Don't know what CCC is though.

Jedda - I am a big purple Fabuloso fan, too. It is the one time I leave the melting things turned off!

Today is Rosemary Mint from Soyful Joys. And once again I see it is not on the list anymore! :wacko:

Thanks for cluing me in, lovescent! How do you like them? (OOCC that is)

:rolleyes:

Well, today is the last official day of summer vacation (weekends dont' count, my kids say!) I'm a bit sad about it myself.

[smilie=th_cry2yw3]

We didn't really get to do anything this summer, and I kept thinking we *would* and somehow August flew by.

[smilie=th_pardon]

Oh, how I DON'T look forward to the car line nightmare starting up again. ugh

[smilie=th_sad-1]

My melts of today and yesterday, were mostly reflective of trying to hang on to the last summer vacation day -

Footprints in the Sand from Cozy Cottage - meh. It sounded good and the cold sniff was kinda promising, but it sure didn't throw.

Replaced it with Poolside Paradise from Fragrant Memories as this morning's melt and it was wowza for awhile.

I just replaced it with Plumeria Hawaiian from Shayz.

In the family room I have YC Sun and Sand.

Raspberry Lemonade from Delightful Scents in DS room

Sweet Pea from Nene's in my bedroom. I started with Oatmeal, Milk & Honey from OMG in my room, I was really looking forward to it after hearing so many recommend this scent. Is it normally on the light side? It didn't really scent my room (which is closed and fairly easy to scent), plus all my other OMG have been pretty OMG in the strength department, but this one was mostly a bust. I moved it on to my bathroom in short order, but didn't get much there either. Maybe a dud?

[smilie=th_idontknow]

Could any of you who love this scent recommend your favorite vendor's version to me?

Tonight i am melting Serendipity that i got from Wahm's and i love it

I picked it just to try something different now i wish i got a bunch of them guess i will have to reorder. :rolleyes:

I am melting Haley's, Vanilla Bean Noel. I just LOVE this scent. In another room I am melting Apple Orchard. This is another strong scent.. [smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJack

In the main burner today is Old Virginia's Spiced Orange - lovely scent, just the right amount of spice to cut the citrus of the orange. Great throw.

I forgot to post last nights melts - whoops - and then I had a hard time remembering what they were :lol:

CFTKR Calabrian Bergamot & Violet in the living room

Cheryl's Apple Mango Tango in the bathroom

Backroad Hobbies Acqua di Gio in the bedroom

And tonite:

TDC Patchouli Musk in the living room

LOL Unity Cup in the bathroom

Cheryl's Red Currant in the bedroom

Laurie - I've gotten Oatmeal, Milk & Honey from Orchid Lake, Cheryl's and CYS - all strong. Weirdness!

Have a great rest of your night, everyone! :D

Good Morning!

Expecting lots of company here today. Burning YC Sand Castles (trying to finish this one up) and YC Pineapple Cilantro.

Enjoy the day everyone!!

Thanks for cluing me in, lovescent! How do you like them? (OOCC that is)

:rolleyes:

Well, the candles I got are my first scented candles ever, so all I can say is that I really love the scents I got (Lemon Pound Cake, Banana Nut Bread and Caramel Pecans), I can smell the scent throughout my main rooms (livingroom, kitchen and bedroom) stronger closer to wherever I put the candle down, but diffusing throughout. Not overpowering, but if someone walks in there's a nice scent overall. Plus, I found them at Marshall's for $4.99 apiece. I hear you can get them at TJMaxx and Ross, too. :) So how they compare to others, I don't know. MaggieMae responded to my thread and said she likes them too, and as for the price - really can't be beat if you can find them in a scent you like. They melt nicely - no tunneling so far - and cleanly as far as I can tell. They're a mix of paraffin and vegetable wax according to the labeling. Oh, they are small, I guess - 13oz. masons. So, I imagine a larger one would disperse even more scent. :)

Today I'm melting SH Pumpkin Donuts. Yummy!

Hey y'all..It's been crazy around here..nothing worth sharing just crazy. I have been melting TDC-Havana and Busy Bee dup of Forever Alice the past couple of days. I think it is heating back up today. most of my flowers are beyond help. My middle aged kitty Shagster has been missing since last Sunday. She still had her claws and was an inside/outside kitty. She may have just went off to die. There is just not a sign anywhere of what happened to her. I need to start melting some of my stash because all of the Fall scents are calling my name. Have a great weekend friends.

Oh Katz, I'm sorry to hear about little Shagster....I hope she shows up soon! :)

Today it's:

Monkey Farts from K's Kreation

Mandarin Coconut from Unkown vendor...doesn't matter...I LOVE my MC!!!!

Have a great Saturday!

I'm warming a bit of Slatkin 'Leaves' hfo. One of my favorite scents!

Katz - So sorry to hear about Shagster - is she very old? I have lost two cats and I know it is hard. Sometimes their instincts puzzle me- we want to be near them, and they want to be left alone. I hope things turn out okay for you all.

Katz, I am so sorry to hear about Shagster. There is still a chance she will return, you never know. One of my cats disappeared once while I was visiting my grandparents -- I eventually had to leave town without him (we lived 6 hours away at the time) and he showed up 10 days later.

Melting CBV Palm Island today. This is such a nice "fresh" scent that isn't too perfumey.

My niece was born last night. Corinne Marie, 8 lbs 3 oz. Most of my in-laws are there without DH and me, which makes us sad, but it is a happy occasion otherwise. We hope to video chat with them sometime this weekend.