The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

August's Heat Wave of Wax

Good Morning! th0081.gif

Aria - you have another unusual scent going - the Monkey one...More info?

debra, I think that was Laurie...Pink Monkey something....I am wondering what it smells like also!!!

I have a tart melting right now...super strong one...maybe too strong for me...Comfy Home from Carol. Smells like caramel and brown sugar. I think I'll turn off the melter for awhile since it's so strong and turn it back on later.

sweet, I highly recommend trying Swan Creek...they really have excellent scents, fast shipping and just a really nice company. Their votives are my favorite of all. They don't have sales often, but they always include a free candle in your order which makes up for it!

Okay, gonna try again to post my Swan Creek p0rn....wish me luck...TOODLEPIP.gif

The rain is finally gone, but before I head out for errands and lunch I loaded up the melters. I started some 'Crispy Apples' from Scentsationals, and also 'Cotton Candy' from Kim's. They smell great together!

Aria - you have another unusual scent going - the Monkey one...More info?

Did you mean that for me (the Pink Monkey Kisses)? I didn't see Aria mention monkey scent - anyways, I liked it! It's described as Pink + Monkey Kisses, which is described:

This unique complex fragrance begins with top notes of fresh bananas and juicy grapefruit, middle notes of kiwi, juicy bubblegum, and strawberries; and a hint of vanilla as a base note. I thought it was a fun, summery scent

AMS Sands of Morocco in the bedroom. Love this one - gorgeous creamy floral

This sounds like something I'd REALLY like - I once made a big *wish list* for AMS but then I read people having lots of trouble with their orders, is this a vendor you regularly order from, She?

Trying out a second (or is is third) melting of CFTKR Pumpkin and Pralines. I melted this one for a couple of hours one evening and it was so good and strong. Left it in the warmer over night (turned off, of course) and started it up in the morning. Not much scent at all. So, I'm trying it again after it's sat for a few days and see what happens. I don't think it could have used up all it's scent in just melting it for 2 hours.

Funny you should mention this, because I just noticed the vanishing-scent-on-rewarm phenomena myself. So strange!

[smilie=th_thWTF]

Today I am melting 2 from Kristen's Kandles. I got a couple of her Melt Medleys recently and I was really impressed with the cold sniffs and the way the tarts look, so I'm trying to melt a few to gauge the throw because she has a BOGO going on until tonite. I'm teetering on a reorder. I searched on the Forum to see what others said and it seems to be "hit or miss" so I'm out to see for myself (in a hurry! lol)

I have Tropic Breeze in my living room, which is good, but I've been having a hard time getting good throw with this HORRIBLE humidity, so it's hard to judge

and Water Blossom Ivy in my bedroom. I threw it on, hopped in the shower, and when I got out, it just looked like a deformed waxie - not sure the wax content, but it may not melt in the lower temp back there - gotta go check it again.

Have a great day everyone - off to do errands before the heat of the day

[smilie=th_wave]

Oh, and I should have a Cozy Cottage delivery today, according to the CNS

[smilie=th_yay]

Okay, p0rn-a-holics....after a couple interruptions...I was able to post shots of my Swan Creek order!!! cheer2.gif

I too have noticed that some tarts lose their scent when turning off the melter and then remelting later.

Melting CYS Blood Orange Coconut Ice Cream.

Funny you should mention this, because I just noticed the vanishing-scent-on-rewarm phenomena myself. So strange!

[smilie=th_thWTF]

[smilie=th_yay]

I finally had to send Pumpkin and Pralines to the bathroom where it's scenting that tiny room nicely. :) It was barely present in the main rooms, though my husband could smell it pretty well apparently. He did say it smelled better in the bathroom. Still trying to figure out what's up with the vanishing scent phenomena.

Now I've got the second melting of CFTKR Cinnanut Colombian Coffee going in the main rooms. It's got a good throw, but not overpowering as the first time I melted it.

Will you be posting pictures of your new goodies? :)

Melting Berry Blush from Scentsy in the main part of the house and Biolage from Tara's in the master bedroom and bath. This one is from my July contest winnings and I'm so happy it was a pack of 4 because it's terrific! Smells exactly like you just opened a bottle of Biolage.

Will you be posting pictures of your new goodies? :)

But of course! I am a repeat p0rnographer around here!

Sometimes I get a little behind with it because I never shoot my p0rn pics when my DH is around!

[smilie=th_jaja]

For this afternoon, we've been enjoying Swan Creek ~ Iced Ginger Spice. This is a fantastic scent...spicy!

I talked to a vendor about an order of tarts I got. She told me to let them sit for x amount of days. So I did that and it was still very light. So I emailed the seller again and her response was I have too many frangrances to sit and test each one out in my tarts. I get them from a candle supply company so they should be ok.

I've got to ask.... who said that? Because that's a big red flag and I don't want to accidentally order from that vendor. I like the ones that test, test on their friends, family and customers, and re-test if something changes with an oil supplier.Those people deserve my cash. The ones that think you just dump some oil into wax and make some easy extra money annoy me because they waste my time and money.

Tonite's melts:

LOL's Love Shack Lilac in the living room

How is that one? I ordered it in my last LOL order because it sounded really good.

After having CBV's Treasure Island going all day (nice, sweet pineapple-y tropcial scent), I've moved on to Crosscreek's Paradise. I *love* this scent. So fruity and sweet it makes me want to find a bar that could make me an umbrella drink just like it. Deana has some fine, fine, tarts!

good_evening.jpg

I hope all are doing well.

Today I melted Tropic Breeze from Kristin's Kandles - it was pretty good but not knock-your-socks off.

Water Blossom Ivy (also from Kristin's) would not melt in the lower temp melter in my room, so I popped it out to save for another melter.

I replaced it with Tulips from Nene's and my room smells wonderful!

My daughter Mel is melting Butterfly Hugs (also floral-y) right next door and they are playing nicely in the hallway. lol

I just put Stonehenge from Candles, Gifts & More in the living room. I got a bag of 10 today as part of the July Contest

[smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJack

Enjoy your evening, friends!

Evening all! We've had rain glorious rain on and off for a few hours. We need it SO bad - up until Sunday, it hadn't rained in weeks. My family's lawns and gardens will be happy!!

Hi Laurie! Sands of Morocco is fab - think you'll like it since we have similar tastes :D The description is: Blend of Carnation, Sandalwood, and Musk. It's definitely a comfort scent - has a creamy, sweet tinge to it. I've only ordered from AMS once (during a sale), but it was a positive experience. Waited maybe two weeks, but that's the norm with most vendors during a big sale. Happy with the throw on everything I bought, and I'd order from her again.

Hi Stardustgirl! Love Shack Lilac was a first ever burn for me. Liked it - didn't love it. It kinda had a soapy vibe to it, and not enough lilac, imho. Not awful, but not a re-order either :lol:

Tonite's melts:

Luna Bleu Patchouli Dreams in the living room. I hope this will conjure up my 5/25 (!!) order since she's allegedly back to work after her alleged foot injury. What the hell, lady :lol:

Pink Flower Scents Sandalwood Incense in the bathroom

LOL Unity Cup in the bedroom

Have a good night, everyone!! :wub:

Hey kids. I'm melting Can-Do Raspberry Tomato Leaf today. I LOOOVE tomato leaf scents, especially in the summer.

Lately instead of ordering more wax which I really don't need, I've been looking at sparklies instead, which I also don't need. I recently found a source of SUPER cheap (but still good quality) cubic zirconia of a whole bunch of different shapes and colors, plus an inexpensive sterling silver vendor that sells settings for rings, pendants, etc. I'm really excited about the few projects that I'm working on. DH is less than thrilled but oh well, he'll live. It could be worse. (also, drooling over more Glassybaby, what else is new)

The cats go back and forth. Sometimes I think they are making progress and other times it is a kitty smackdown right in my living room. Hopefully their relationship will continue to improve over time.

Doing a remelt of CFTKR Pumpkin Cream Cheese Roll. It's light but definitely present. I think this was one I melted for a couple of hours one evening, then remelted the next day, all day; so it's nice that it still has some life in it. :)

Did you mean that for me (the Pink Monkey Kisses)? I didn't see Aria mention monkey scent - anyways, I liked it! It's described as Pink + Monkey Kisses, which is described:

This unique complex fragrance begins with top notes of fresh bananas and juicy grapefruit, middle notes of kiwi, juicy bubblegum, and strawberries; and a hint of vanilla as a base note. I thought it was a fun, summery scent

This sounds like something I'd REALLY like - I once made a big *wish list* for AMS but then I read people having lots of trouble with their orders, is this a vendor you regularly order from, She?

Sands of Morocco is a great scent from AMS

[smilie=th_thWTF]

Today I am melting 2 from Kristen's Kandles. I got a couple of her Melt Medleys recently and I was really impressed with the cold sniffs and the way the tarts look, so I'm trying to melt a few to gauge the throw because she has a BOGO going on until tonite. I'm teetering on a reorder. I searched on the Forum to see what others said and it seems to be "hit or miss" so I'm out to see for myself (in a hurry! lol)

I have Tropic Breeze in my living room, which is good, but I've been having a hard time getting good throw with this HORRIBLE humidity, so it's hard to judge

and Water Blossom Ivy in my bedroom. I threw it on, hopped in the shower, and when I got out, it just looked like a deformed waxie - not sure the wax content, but it may not melt in the lower temp back there - gotta go check it again.

Have a great day everyone - off to do errands before the heat of the day

[smilie=th_wave]

[smilie=th_yay]