The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

August's Heat Wave of Wax

Gooooood Morning - CANDLEFIND! ! ! !

Is today really the last day of August? That always makes me panic a little bit.

My DD Ciarra's birthday is in September, she's turning Sweet 16 this year, and planning a birthday bash/pool party/slip n slide/bonfire at the house. I haven't started much in the way of preparation, so it's going to be a mad dash this/next week. Then it's time for Halloween preparations, which is a big deal around here, and then we're well on our way down the slippery slope to the rest of the holiday madness - yikes! Every year I say I'm gonna get a jump on it and every year it stomps my delusional self at the last minute.

But I digress with my panic-stricken ramblings . . .

:o

I am happy to report that I did get a light, but noticeable throw from CYS's Neroli Jasmine in the family room. It's not a huge room, I keep the double doors shut, and it's in the front of the house with windows that keeps it a bit on the warm side, so maybe that's what helped, but I will definately be using the rest of my old CYS in there, since they didn't even throw in my bedroom which is normally an easy-to-scent room. Thanks for all the feedback about them on the other thread. I'd like to try them again (since I love OMG) but it's on the back-burner for now.

Also melting (aside from yesterday's reruns starting up in all the rooms) is

Vanilla Orange from Tara's which I started yesterday afternoon and it's still going strong, altho it smells a little different today than it did yesterday. Does anyone else notice the scent's changing as they burn on? Don't know if it's the tarts or my nose.

I'm hoping that melting it will cause me to get the CnS from Tara's - I really want to know it's on its' way!

[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Time for another cup of coffee before the breakfas/school drop off rush -

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!

[edit - IT WORKED! I got my CnS from Tara!]

[smilie=th_yay]

Good morning today I am starting out with Shayz Island kola nut, Sarah's pink sugar cookie and Candle scent from heaven's Santa's pipe.

I have noticed how some scents really change i also noticed i can have a strong one and shut it after an hour or 2 and when i remelt it the scent is no way as strong as it was before.

Have a great day.

time for more coffee [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Also melting (aside from yesterday's reruns starting up in all the rooms) is

Vanilla Orange from Tara's which I started yesterday afternoon and it's still going strong, altho it smells a little different today than it did yesterday. Does anyone else notice the scent's changing as they burn on? Don't know if it's the tarts or my nose.

I'm hoping that melting it will cause me to get the CnS from Tara's - I really want to know it's on its' way!

[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Time for another cup of coffee before the breakfas/school drop off rush -

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!

[edit - IT WORKED! I got my CnS from Tara!]

[smilie=th_yay]

Generally, I have found that there is a bit of a change as the tart burns. Some lose the top notes when I melt it the second day and more of the bottom notes come out. This caused one of my tarts to smell delicious the first day I melted it and a lot like wet dog the second day I melted it - lol. Usually it's not that dramatic though. Glad you got you CnS from Tara's. :)

This morning I'm melting S&S Cinnabun Cheesecake. Oh how I wish I had discovered cheesecake scents long ago. This is my first and it's soooo good. :)

coffee.gif Good morning...

Melting ~

Nene's ~ Honey Graham Pie Crust ~ a longtime favorite

CFTKR ~ Apple Strudel ~ another huge favorite

Good Morning! [smilie=The_Hi]

Melting all the same as last night but added CBV Enchanted Forest upstairs... :toppoints: ...absolutely love it! A reorder for sure!

Aria...That HGPC is a big fav or mine too! :)

Laurie...Don't panic...it will all work out! [smilie=yes]

Have a great hump day! :)

Don't know how much longer I can stand this stinky mildew wet basement smell.... [smilie=grrr]...it's coming thru the vents...ARG.

Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific (Crabby Candle Co clam) in my bathroom

Sweet Orange & Chili Pepper (Can-Do) in the living room

those are the only changes - the rest are living out their natural lives in various melters.

[smilie=th_rk01_lavatricefare] [smilie=th_lavarepiatti]

It's a *domestic day* here today, so after that's finished it will be time to change out the others I think.

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Hi everybody! [smilie=th_wave]

Mpfand, glad to hear you had a fabulous plane ride!

Ilove, what a great deal you got at GW!

Maggie, how utterly horrid that the stink is coming through the vents! [smilie=th_u53] I hope it all dries out and dissipates, and fast!

Laurie, you're so funny! I really enjoy your posts. [smilie=th_thumbs20up] I've noticed some scents change as they melt. I think Lovescent hit the nail on the head. Top notes, base notes, all that good stuff. [smilie=yes]

Speakin' of good stuff, I'm melting Haley's Hawaiian Breeze. It's not good. It's [smilie=th_fabulous1]

Gail

Switched to CFTKR Pumpkin Caramel Cake when I couldn't smell the previous one I had going anymore.

Had to switch out again, as I couldn't smell the last tart, either. I'm trying CFTKR Pink Sugared Vanilla Wafers in the kitchen and Pink Sugared Vanilla Bean Boysenberry in the livingroom. Hopefully, I'll be able to smell those ones. The TCC one in the bathroom is still going strong. No problems smelling that one at all. Maybe it's the weather or the atmosphere in the main rooms today? [smilie=th_scratch]

Cleaning like a mad woman today...16a48049f4a58ce0ac004ee7f39b4f42.gifcleaningtoliet.gifvacuum.gifd163.gif

Now melting CFTKR Country Fair Applesauce and lit my Sweet Annie candle from Scentsible Scents. Smells super terrific in here.

Well, tonight we go to the middle school and pick up DS#1's class schedule. He also gets his picture taken. picture.gif Can't believe I have a 7th grader.unglaublich.gif

Will change to some different scents after we get home later on...TOODLEPIP.gif

Don't know how much longer I can stand this stinky mildew wet basement smell.... [smilie=grrr]...it's coming thru the vents...ARG.

Maggiemae - eeeuuwwwe...that sounds nasty! [smilie=th_a136] Anyone have a dehumidifier U could borrow? That might help.

Cleaning like a mad woman today..

Aria - yeah... I get mad every time I hafta clean, too. :lol:

A little birdie sez it's Lovescents special day today. Happy birthday to you Lovescent! [smilie=HBday]

I'm melting YC's Spice Cake. This is just ok for me - don't luv it, don't hate it. [smilie=th_pardon]

Happy Birthday Lovescent [smilie=th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7d

Well tonite i have spiced cranberry from Delightful incense going and its another winner.Also have primitve wishes going from candle scent from heaven its very good too.

♫♫ Happy Birthday to you ♫♫ ♫♫ Happy Birthday to you ♫♫

♫♫ Happy Birthday, dear Lovescent ♫♫ ♫♫ Happy Birthday to You!!! ♫♫

[smilie=HBday]

HBTeddyBalloonsBlinkie.gif lovescent...hope you had a great day!

Tonight we're enjoying some candles...

Scentsible Scents votive in the scent Days of Olde

Slatkin jar in the scent Autumn Apple

One melter going upstairs with TDC Seasoned Sage...love it.

Have a great night friends 2lbkos0.gif

I cleaned out all of the melter bowls this afternoon. I also threw out a half melted shot of CBV's 'Gorillas in the Mist.' Super strong, but absolutely NOT for me. It smelled nothing like its description- all I got was a nauseating 'new car' aroma. Yucko.

Once they were all clean, I refilled as follows:

Bedroom - Haley's 'Pink Frooty Loops', an all-time favorite.

Hall & bathroom - BH&G 'Sweet Melon'

Living room - Scentsationals 'Oatmeal Cookie', WOW this is strong! Love it!

Kitchen - CFTKR 'Lady Apple'

DS room - OMG 'French Vanilla'

House smells fabulous!

EW...Wet dog smell, basement smell...sounds like a good reason to hit the sale thread and buy more tarts to me!

:ssshopping:

Tonight I am melting Watermelon Patch from Scentsy.

[smilie=th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7d Lovescent!!! And many more!!! [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Sweet...thanks! :) Actually, we are trying to buy one but just like the generators...they are not available anywhere around here!!! We ripped everything out of the basement tonight and have 3 industrial fans going...we'll have to order the dehumidifier online! [smilie=th_sign0164] Keeping the door shut helps a lot! [smilie=th_stink]

Same scents going tonight-Boston and Melon Ball Madness...I am really enjoying them and every time I get a whiff I think..."Hey, what smells so good?"... [smilie=th_scratch]

Happy Birthday, lovescent! [smilie=th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7d

Hey all! I was too busy enjoying my new-fangled electricity/TV last night that I forgot to post my melts - whoops :lol:

LSC Voo Doo Love in the living room

Crosscreek A Northwoods Christmas in the bathroom

County Line Wide Open Spaces in the bedroom

All smelled fab!

Tonite's melts:

LOL Tropical Blue in the living room - smells like Hawaiian Punch!

Orchid Lake Cedarwood Vanilla in the bathroom

Shayz Cherry Orchard in the bedroom

Get this - my sister still doesn't have power :blink: Her street had it at the beginning of it last night, and has progressed to the stop sign near her house tonite. Hopefully tomorrow - my lord! Tried to make an ATM deposit for the second time this week - my bank is still out too. Totally crazy. I'm gonna call tomorrow to see if they're open for customers during the day or what. I can go out of my way to another branch, but no clue if they have power either - I'll have to call them in case I strike out with my branch. I guess they've restored power to 80% of their customers, but it sucks if you're in that 20% - 4 full days now [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

Have a great Thursday, everyone! :wub:

Campfire is on the burner today, mainly as a reward to myself for finally getting my book blog up and going after a month of deliberation.

I LOOOOOVVVVVE fire scents and buy them in bulk and only dish them out as a reward.

And yes, I know that's kind of sad [smilie=th_200911025310]