The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Fireworks, Fragrances & Fun

Added...Sour Cream Spice Cake from Carol...smells a lot like a ZB type scent.

LSC Watermelon Herb today. Also tried to burn my SH candle in Lemon Poppyseed Muffin. I have such bad luck trimming the wicks to the right length with my two paraffin SH candles. Either they soot or the wick is just barely lit and almost drowns. Usually I end up over-trimming them and then pouring out some of the excess wax into my melter, which is fine, but I've done this so many times the candle is getting used up just from that. I'm not saying it's a bad product, but I don't think those zinc core wicks are for me.

**Sweet, what does that Sour Cream Spice cake smell like? You've got me a-wondering!!! ;)

This morning's melt is Lemon Summer Cake from Carol...a very sweet and yummy lemon scent.

sweet&spicy, now I am REALLY looking forward to melting Sour Cream Spice Cake...got a small bag of those in my order a couple of days ago.

Added...Sour Cream Spice Cake from Carol...smells a lot like a ZB type scent.

MaggieMae - it does remind me a little of ZB, but, the spice is softer, not as 'sharp' or heavy as ZB spices can be and I smell more cake, not bread. It also has a lil sumptin sumptin to it...must be the sour cream. It's yummy![smilie=yes]

Aria - sounds like we ordered several of the same scents. [smilie=th_clap1] I got the Lemon Summer Cake, too and now I'm looking forward to melting that. Luvs me some lemon! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Right now I'm melting Carol's Candle Shop. It's a little bit of a lot of candle scents, just like it's name. It's [smilie=th_fabulous1] !!

[smilie=th_bb20]

Hi everyone. Today I have been melting: Black Satin, didn't think I would like this one, but I love it. Also have melting: Greenhouse by Yankee. Have a great evening.

Thanks for the info on the Sour Cream Spice Cake Sweet!!! It sounds like I would love that one...it is going on the "list"! :)

Tonight it's:

Sweet Orange FFrosted Sugar Cookie from the "new" CYS...been going for a while and it smells lovely. Trying to get a feeling for the throw.

LSC Watermelon Herb today. Also tried to burn my SH candle in Lemon Poppyseed Muffin. I have such bad luck trimming the wicks to the right length with my two paraffin SH candles. Either they soot or the wick is just barely lit and almost drowns. Usually I end up over-trimming them and then pouring out some of the excess wax into my melter, which is fine, but I've done this so many times the candle is getting used up just from that. I'm not saying it's a bad product, but I don't think those zinc core wicks are for me.

Do you have a wick trimmer with the little foot on it? Those are great for making wicks just the right height. Also, I've had a lot of highly scented jars want to soot even with well-trimmed wicks. It tends to happen more as the candle gets lower and the flames struggle for air. I started using a jar topper - just the plain, flat metal kind you can find for around $3. Those things are amazing. There used to be a video on Candle-Licious but it's not working now.

I'm melting LOL Chocolatey Pumpkin Bread tonight. It's *very* good. I've got a bunch of pumpkin scents on my order list that I want to try out, seeing which ones are candle-worthy.

Anyone seeing rain is asked *please* to send it my way. It sort of sprinkled today, but that was it. It's a good thing we've got more than 200 feet of garden hose, but man am I tired of dragging that all over.

Night all........[smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

I tried to melt and burn today but my head and belly were just not having it. It's very humid here today on Long Island and I have had a teeny headache and then ate something very greasy......yuck combo. No matter what I tried to do with wax today it was a fail. Tomorrow is a new day and hopefully I will be feeling better.

Do you have a wick trimmer with the little foot on it? Those are great for making wicks just the right height. Also, I've had a lot of highly scented jars want to soot even with well-trimmed wicks. It tends to happen more as the candle gets lower and the flames struggle for air. I started using a jar topper - just the plain, flat metal kind you can find for around $3. Those things are amazing. There used to be a video on Candle-Licious but it's not working now.

Star, it's funny you mention this because I got one of those wick trimmers less than a week ago and used it on my SH candle, and after that the wicks just weren't burning very strongly and it seemed like they needed to be longer. I do have some Yankee illuma-lids that I've used on LOL and CBV candles before. Would those be similar to the plain ones you're talking about? I'll have to see if they work with the SH ones, thanks for the tip.

Evening all! Been waiting for it to rain all day/night. The humidity is 92% and it's completely gross out there! Hurry up, rain! :lol:

Tonite's smell goods:

LOL Buddha in the living room

Crosscreek Fresh Cut Grass in the bathroom

Cheryl's Autumn Lodge in the bedroom

Have an awesome rest of your night, everyone!! [smilie=th_sml29]

I got home and put in LOL Sweet Breads. It smells so good right now, I hate to go to sleep. I should turn this off until morning.

Star, it's funny you mention this because I got one of those wick trimmers less than a week ago and used it on my SH candle, and after that the wicks just weren't burning very strongly and it seemed like they needed to be longer. I do have some Yankee illuma-lids that I've used on LOL and CBV candles before. Would those be similar to the plain ones you're talking about? I'll have to see if they work with the SH ones, thanks for the tip.

Yikes! Try holding it up off the wax a bit and see if that helps. I know on my CBV candles I actually push down into the wax a bit to get a super stubby little wick because if not, they tend to get too long. All the others I just do normally.

My toppers are like these metal ones. I don't think they're as open as the Yankee ones, but I don't know how much of a difference that makes. If the Yankees were working on the LOL and CBV candles, they should be OK with SH.

Recent melts:

SSS - Vanilla Buttercream Crunch

Bella's - Sweet Serendipity, Whisper White Strawberry

Currently melting:

CFTKR - Heat Wave

Burning:

YC - Lemon 3-wick

Slatkin - Pink Sangria

Getting caught up on what's been melting . . .

Tranquility by Delightful Scents (eh - not the strongest muscleman in the gym)

Mt. Dew from Tara's (pretty good, pretty good!)

and I just put on one of my prize tarts from Aunti Di's - Midnight Stroll

Mountain Lake from YC just went in the family room

more melters to change out - so many tarts, so little time!

B)

Enjoy your weekend, folks!

Frosted Carrot Cake this morning. This is one of my favorites of the ones I've made myself.

Tonight it's:

Sweet Orange FFrosted Sugar Cookie from the "new" CYS...been going for a while and it smells lovely. Trying to get a feeling for the throw.

MaggieMae - I've been waiting to hear how the 'new' CYS tarts perform since OMG took over the company. Whatcha think? [smilie=th_235F35F32] I liked Judy's blends, but, for me, most weren't strong enuf. Could have been my scent choices, tho, cuz several I got from buddies were great. [smilie=th_idontknow]

I'm melting Carol's Stuffed French Toast. Ohhhhh yeahhhhh [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] ....gotta get a bag of this one - it's delish!

Everyone have a great weekend ! [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

LOL Vanilla Crack going this morning. This is very good but wish it was stronger. I am scenting a very large area so it is not the tarts fault.

Have a house full this morning. My DD's college friends are here for the weekend. It will be lots of fun for her but lots of work for my and my DH. We don't mind though. I am glad they got a great weekend. No rain in the forecast.

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Good Morning...33063.gif

Just had a surprise visit from a dear friend of ours...he stopped by because he was in our area and we had a nice chat!

Earlier I had Carol's Berry Scones in the melter. WOW! Had to turn it off...just too strong for me. Berry scents and I don't get along for some reason. It's been at least two hours since I turned the melter off and the scent is still very strong in here. For anyone who likes strong...there ya go...Carol's Berry Scones.

sweet, we definitely have very similar tastes in scents. Great minds think alike, right? I hearts.gif Candle Shop and Stuffed French Toast too!!!!

I've got some laundry to finish up...don't everyone get jealous...97056.gif

Have a great day! BeartHearts38.gif

So far only CBV Blueberry Cheesecake candle going. I thought I was going to be my CFTKR package in the mail today and I would have some yummy Cotton Candy scents to work with. Oh well, Monday it will be.....along with a small CBV order. I sure hope my husband is out of the house by then. Nah, just kidding he is a doll and never says anything. Kinda just rolls his eyes and might say "shouldn't you use up what you have first?" Um darling, "that would be no fun!".

[smilie=th_slider_flirt]

LOL, Aria. I'm right beside you finishing up the laundry. It's never ending. :rolleyes:

Starting the day with Banana Nut Bread from Scentsy. Busy day today getting us all packed and ready to leave tomorrow. We're going to Universal Studios in CA. We've never been and I think I'm even more excited than the kids. LOL I'm hoping it's similar to MGM. Have a wonderful day, everyone!

MaggieMae - I've been waiting to hear how the 'new' CYS tarts perform since OMG took over the company. Whatcha think? [smilie=th_235F35F32] I liked Judy's blends, but, for me, most weren't strong enuf. Could have been my scent choices, tho, cuz several I got from buddies were great. [smilie=th_idontknow]

Well, sad to say but even with the entire clam going at once...very little throw. [smilie=th_sad2hz1] I just love those scents and when I first started ordering a couple of years ago..they were plenty strong. SO either my nose got a lot less sensitive or she changed her formula. I guess I'll see with the rest of them, but so far.... [smilie=th_cray]

Today it's Honeydew from an unknown vendor downstairs...very yummy! :) But I do love my honeydew! [smilie=th_a025]

And Pink Sugar from Auntie Di's upstairs

[smilie=th_hello] Yesterday was a blur and I never got a chance to melt or burn a thing! [smilie=th_cry2yw3]

[smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr<-------This is pretty much Cindy 24/7

I will tell her you were asking for her.

Thank you, Maurie. Cindy is indeed missed around here.

Michele, enjoy your DD and her friends having a great weekend together!

Aria, a surprise visit from a dear friend must have been delightful! And now you get to do laundry. I'm so envious! [smilie=th_5337c1ad]

Sheila, did the rains come?

Mpfand, have a complete blast at Universal! I haven't been there in years, but you're sure to enjoy yourselves!

Maggie, what a bummer about the entire clam having almost no throw. Gads, that's pretty horrid. [smilie=grrr] So sorry!

I'm melting FP Sweet Lavender & Coconut Cream. It's a nice scent with a decent throw. Not bad, but I don't know if I'd reorder this one or not. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Have a perfect Saturday, everyone!

Gail